Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place during the time before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! The latest announcements are below.
This month's activity check is currently finished, so make sure everything is updated ;)
The winds of winter rise as an Eclipse plagues the forest.
If it's the full moon and the Gathering hasn't been made yet, please tell a Staff member. Thank you!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Share | 

Training Another (Closed)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Lost

Characters : Alive : (S)carletsong ; (R)owanpaw | Dead : (SP)arkpaw
Female
Capricorn Horse
Number of posts : 177
Clan/Rank : ThunderClan, WindClan

PostSubject: Training Another (Closed)   Sun Oct 07, 2018 4:15 am

It was still early in the morning, but Scarletsong was already wide awake. She had recently been given another apprentice, Bushpaw. She was already busy with Harepaw, and wasn't sure if she was able to handle both apprentices. I hope I do just as well with Bushpaw, she thought to herself as she breathed in the cold, frosty, air. Swallowing, she walked over to the apprentice den. She quickly recognized the shape of her apprentice and nudged her. "It's time for training, she smiled."

Seeing her apprentice brought back memories from her younger days, where she too had been an apprentice. She always slept for far longer than she should've, and missed out on some training. Hopefully I'll actually be able to teach Bushpaw something valuable that she can use, she thought.

⇢ ScarletpawSparkpawRowanpaw ⇠
ThunderClan ApprenticeWindClan ApprenticeRiverClan Apprentice

Click on names for image ;D
Back to top Go down
The Squirrelnosed Zombie

Characters : Nutfur, Nectarleap, Curlyfeather, Swoopnose, Hillfire, Clearpaw, Bushkit
Female
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 3060
Clan/Rank : Nu: RC Warrior Ne: WC Sen. Warrior C: SC Warrior S: TC NAW D: Standard Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Training Another (Closed)   Sun Oct 07, 2018 5:17 am

"Good." Bushpaw had been awake for only a few moments before Scarletsong "woke" her up, but she had already decided on a plan for that day. It was their first day, so she would obviously need to test her new mentor. Just see if her skills were good enough, and if she was able to teach well. If not, she would have to find a new mentor. Only perfect training could prepare her for the role she was destined to play. At least the two Lords were still in power overhead, because even though it was darker, she could at leastfeel a bit hopeful. Standing up, she briskly walked out of the den and picked a mouse out of the prey pile. While she knew that she hadn't been instructed to, she still did so. Who was going to stop her? Quickly eating the mouse, she turned to the she-cat who was going to be training her. "What are you going to be 'teaching' me today?"

(Picture by Jade)

Curlyfeather - Hillfire     
ShadowClan - RiverClan
   Elder - NPC
Back to top Go down
Lost

Female
Capricorn Horse

PostSubject: Re: Training Another (Closed)   Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:56 pm

OOC: Sorry I live under a rock, what role is Bushpaw supposed to play?

"Already awake, I see," Scarletsong smiled. For such a young cat, Bushpaw didn't seem very nervous. Most young apprentices, including herself, felt anxious when they first started their apprentice training. Well, I guess not everyone is the same, she thought. She had no objections when her new apprentice walked over to the fresh-kill pile and picked up a fresh mouse to eat as breakfast. She had often done the same herself as an apprentice.

"I figured I would teach you how to climb trees," Scarletsong replied. "We aren't SkyClan cats, but climbing trees are very useful when you're getting chased by predators. It's also a useful battle technique to jump down on enemies or predators below." Scarletsong was starting to feel more comfortable with training cats. This was only her third time training an apprentice, yet she felt like everything was going smoothly, and she was confident that the training session was going to be successful. "After that, I'll teach you some more battle moves so you can defend the Clan in a case of an attack. And if there's time I'll teach you the warrior's crouch and how to hunt," she said, finishing.

Back to top Go down
The Squirrelnosed Zombie

Characters : Nutfur, Nectarleap, Curlyfeather, Swoopnose, Hillfire, Clearpaw, Bushkit
Female
Pisces Dog
Clan/Rank : Nu: RC Warrior Ne: WC Sen. Warrior C: SC Warrior S: TC NAW D: Standard Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Training Another (Closed)   Mon Oct 08, 2018 5:04 am

OOC: She thinks she was chosen by some higher power to save the clans, but she wasn't. Don't worry about not knowing.

"Tree climbing, interesting choice. I look forward to learning how to fight. It will come in handy some day." The only sign that Bushpaw could change her expression at all was her momentary surprised look at hearing she would be learning to climb trees. Well, as Scarletsong said, it could become useful in battle. Battle training as a whole would become quite useful to her, if she knew anything about how stubborn cats could be. They would never just admit that she was right, so fighting would definitely become a part of her future. While she would like to learn how to hunt, she would like to spend at least a full day getting to know her mentor before hearing her mention StarClan, which would be inevitable if they were going hunting. "If possible, I would like to spend a full day on tree climbing and fighting, and save hunting for tomorrow. Just so we have more time to focus on each thing." The was she let a half smile cross her face after saying that she help her case, because this seemed like the kind of warrior who would absolutely love a happy apprentice rather than a stony-faced one. Maintaining a slightly enthusiastic look without seeming like a different cat, she perked her ears up. "When are we going to leave camp?" 

(Picture by Jade)

Curlyfeather - Hillfire     
ShadowClan - RiverClan
   Elder - NPC
Back to top Go down
Lost

Female
Capricorn Horse

PostSubject: Re: Training Another (Closed)   Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:53 pm

Scarletsong gave an awkward smile as she listened to Bushpaw. Bushpaw's expression was unlike any she had seen before. She looked momentarily surprised, then immediately went back to her stony face. It also seemed as if she wasn't the one in charge of this training session. It felt strange, as if Bushpaw was the one making the decisions, controlling how the session was going. "Sure, whatever you like," she replied. "We can save hunting for tomorrow."

Coughing, she led the way to a nearby tree. "You see this?" she waved to it with her tail. "You want to run up to it and jump onto the nearest branch you see. You can also try climbing use your claws to hook onto the trunk of the tree." Demonstrating, she ran up to it and jumped onto it. "You can just jump down if you're on a branch, but when your claws are hooked into the trunk, you have to climb down backwards. If you do it the other way round you might fall or get stuck." She quickly leapt down from the tree. She had done this countless times, yet the height still scared her a bit. I'm glad I didn't have to stay up there for long, she thought to herself, sighing in relief. Turning her gaze to Bushpaw, she said, "Do you want to try?"

Back to top Go down
The Squirrelnosed Zombie

Female
Pisces Dog

PostSubject: Re: Training Another (Closed)   Sun Oct 14, 2018 11:48 am

"I'll do it," Bushpaw decided. The first branch of the tree was too high for her to jump to, so she would have to do like Scarletsong said and hook her claws into the bark. After backing up, she ran as quickly as she could towards the tree, and threw her up upwards. Claws catching on the tree above her head, she used her momentum to launch herself higher, managing to catch the lowest branch with her two front paws. Pushing off the trunk below her with her hind legs, she squirmed her way onto the branch, barely suppressing a grunt. Standing up, she puffed her chest out and stood tall. This must be what Leopardstar felt like standing on Highrock, as if above the rest of the world. A feeling a power surged through her, and she relished in it. But after a few moments, she knew it was time to come down. As much as she liked it up there, it she wanted to show her mentor that she could get down properly. Picking a spot to land, she attempted a graceful leap. Unfortunately, she landed with a thud, her paws giving way beneath her. Masking her mistake, she did a roll before agilely hopping to her paws. "I added a bit of style in there at the end."

(Picture by Jade)

Curlyfeather - Hillfire     
ShadowClan - RiverClan
   Elder - NPC
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Training Another (Closed)   

Back to top Go down

Training Another (Closed)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warrior Clan Cats :: Areas of the Forest :: ThunderClan Territory-
Jump to: