Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place during the time before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! The latest announcements are below.
The forest is flooded, and the Clans are split: half have been swept, and half have made it to Highstones. Check announcements for details!
New-leaf has arrived and promises to be dismal and wet - will the flood waters ever recede?
This month's activity check is completed and allegiances updated; please PM a staff member if something's amiss!
If it's the full moon and the Gathering hasn't been made yet, please tell a Staff member. Thank you!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

HELP! Art Programs Needed

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Saint

Saint

Characters : {F}oxpaw, {D}ewpaw, {M}osskit
Female
Cancer Goat
Number of posts : 307
Clan/Rank : TC Apprentice|SKC Apprentice|SC Kit

HELP! Art Programs Needed Empty
PostSubject: HELP! Art Programs Needed   HELP! Art Programs Needed Icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2018 7:06 pm

I am currently looking for a FREE drawing/paint software/program. I do NOT want any software/program's that you have to pay for. If you know a free one please tell me what it is called.

<3 Thank you & take care all!

SkC Apprentice[]TC Apprentice
Back to top Go down
XFrozenFeatherX

XFrozenFeatherX

Characters : || {F}eatherpaw of RiverClan || {A}spenpaw of ThunderClan || {H}ollowpaw of ShadowClan || {M}osspaw of WindClan || {P}uddlepaw of SkyClan ||
Female
Aquarius Dog
Number of posts : 470
Clan/Rank : || {F} RC Apprentice || {A} TC Apprentice || {H} SC Apprentice || {M} WC Apprentice || {P} SkC Apprentice ||

PostSubject: Re: HELP! Art Programs Needed   HELP! Art Programs Needed Icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2018 7:13 pm

Hello!
I'm not really aware/have used of any tools on the computer besides Paint, but I've heard that FireAlpaca is free!

I mainly use my tablet to draw, and the main app I use is Sketch - Draw and Paint. It's fantastic, and Isn't too difficult to use! It's tools are satisfactory, and I think it's the best program for beginners!
I also got intrigued by all the Ibis Paint X tutorials on YouTube, so I deleted an app ;; and tried it just yesterday night. It's definitely more advanced, but there's plenty of options, settings, filters and brushes!

•°《 Link Central 》°•
───────────────

.:|| Featherpaw | RiverClan || Aspenpaw | ThunderClan || Hollowpaw | ShadowClan || Mosspaw | WindClan || Puddlepaw | SkyClan ||:.
.:||   She-Cat   ||   She-Cat   ||   Tom   ||   She-Cat   ||   Tom   ||:.
.:||   #9999cc   ||   #99cc00   ||   #996633   ||   #ff4545   ||   #3399cc   ||:.

Back to top Go down
Wolven

Wolven

Characters : ~ (R)owankit ~
Female
Pisces Monkey
Number of posts : 576
Clan/Rank : ~ (R) Riverclan Kit ~

PostSubject: Re: HELP! Art Programs Needed   HELP! Art Programs Needed Icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2018 7:16 pm

For computers, GIMP is a good choice to me at least. I just got this other program called Inkscape. I've not colored on it yet, but it's kinda good for making sketches if you use the line parts.
idk lol, just some that I think are decent

HELP! Art Programs Needed Rowanh12

Rowankit, Kit of Riverclan ♂

Living Cats
Back to top Go down
Saint

Saint

Female
Cancer Goat

PostSubject: Re: HELP! Art Programs Needed   HELP! Art Programs Needed Icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2018 7:25 pm

I just downloaded Krita, do you know if that is any good?

Back to top Go down
Laurel

Laurel

Characters : Softsong (deceased), Tunnelheart (deceased), Monarchwing (deceased), Owlfeather (deceased), Echo (deceased), Brightwing (deceased), Meadowfall (deceased), Spirit ( formerly known as Coalspirit) (deceased), Sandfire, Peonyflower (deceased), Swampkit (deceased), Swirlspirit (deceased), Tunnelpaw(deceased ), Dream Peircer(deceased), Brokenflame(deceased), Roaringpaw(gone), Songpaw(deceased), River (used to be known as Rushreed)(mia),Cobraeyes, Lilypaw(deceased), Ravenpaw(MIA),Swanpaw(MIA), Fracturedsnow , Tallpaw, Dappledkit, Juno
Female
Libra Tiger
Number of posts : 3477
Clan/Rank : Sandfire: Shadowclan warrior///// Cobraeyes:Thunderclan warrior////// Fracturedsnow-Shadowclan newly made warrior ///// Tallpaw- Windclan Apprentice////\\ Dappledkit- Thunderclan kit///// Juno -Rogue

PostSubject: Re: HELP! Art Programs Needed   HELP! Art Programs Needed Icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2018 9:53 pm

I definitely suggest Ibis Paint X that's what I use and it's completely free that's app wise though if you are on a computer I suggest Gimp :)

N.A Warrior•Apprentice•kit
No apprentice•n/a •N/a
Lark of RC(to be mate)  •to be Hawkpaw•n/a
Back to top Go down
XFrozenFeatherX

XFrozenFeatherX

Characters : || {F}eatherpaw of RiverClan || {A}spenpaw of ThunderClan || {H}ollowpaw of ShadowClan || {M}osspaw of WindClan || {P}uddlepaw of SkyClan ||
Female
Aquarius Dog
Number of posts : 470
Clan/Rank : || {F} RC Apprentice || {A} TC Apprentice || {H} SC Apprentice || {M} WC Apprentice || {P} SkC Apprentice ||

PostSubject: Re: HELP! Art Programs Needed   HELP! Art Programs Needed Icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2018 4:28 am

I'm not familiar with Krita, but after some quick browsing I think it can produce some great art! ^^
And I agree that Ibis Paint is good! Today's my (second) fundamental experimentation day with it, and I think that it's an awesome program! I've also heard Medibang is also astounding, but I haven't delved too much into that, yet.

•°《 Link Central 》°•
───────────────

.:|| Featherpaw | RiverClan || Aspenpaw | ThunderClan || Hollowpaw | ShadowClan || Mosspaw | WindClan || Puddlepaw | SkyClan ||:.
.:||   She-Cat   ||   She-Cat   ||   Tom   ||   She-Cat   ||   Tom   ||:.
.:||   #9999cc   ||   #99cc00   ||   #996633   ||   #ff4545   ||   #3399cc   ||:.

Back to top Go down
Not

Not

Female
Number of posts : 3736

PostSubject: Re: HELP! Art Programs Needed   HELP! Art Programs Needed Icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2018 5:45 am

I don't know, but personally I use Autodesk Sketchbook, mobile and computer. Recently, they made the Pro version free. All you have to do is make an account.
As I have exactly two dollars, this is very useful.

Back to top Go down
lemongrass

lemongrass

Characters : [Fl]Flintfang, [Fi]Finchstar, [L]Leafpaw
Female
Virgo Cat
Number of posts : 364
Clan/Rank : [Fl]Thunderclan, [Fi]Windclan, [L]Skyclan

PostSubject: Re: HELP! Art Programs Needed   HELP! Art Programs Needed Icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2018 4:27 pm

Hi! If you're looking for a free website that's not too fancy you could try Sketch.io, I've used it before and it got the job done!

🍋 ↣ WindClan Leader ↢ 🍋
"let us dance in the sun, wearing wildflowers in our hair"

HELP! Art Programs Needed Befunk14

Flintfang ♂ ~ Young Warrior of ThunderClan
Finchstar ♂ ~ Leader of WindClan
Leafpaw ♀ ~ Apprentice of SkyClan
Daisy of Silver Fields ♀ ~ Prey-Hunter of Tribe (NPC)

🍋 Character Profiles 🍋

Back to top Go down
https://www.deviantart.com/lemongrassart
Grey
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Grey

Characters : Goldeneye, Littlepaw
Female
Leo Dragon
Number of posts : 4295

PostSubject: Re: HELP! Art Programs Needed   HELP! Art Programs Needed Icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2018 4:34 pm

I use Krita! It's a very good program, a little confusing with scaling but once you get that figured out its a cinch!

I also use Medibang, very similar and a quite a bit more simpler, both are very good programs

HELP! Art Programs Needed DHrDO

Goldeneye C#ff9900, Littlesun C#66cccc

PitaPata Cat tickers
Back to top Go down
Saint

Saint

Female
Cancer Goat

PostSubject: Re: HELP! Art Programs Needed   HELP! Art Programs Needed Icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2018 5:21 pm

Do oyu know how to blend on Krita? I'm still firguring this stuff out!

Back to top Go down
Grey
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Grey

Characters : Goldeneye, Littlepaw
Female
Leo Dragon
Number of posts : 4295

PostSubject: Re: HELP! Art Programs Needed   HELP! Art Programs Needed Icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2018 5:26 pm

HELP! Art Programs Needed DHrDO

Goldeneye C#ff9900, Littlesun C#66cccc

PitaPata Cat tickers
Back to top Go down
Falconwing

Falconwing

Female
Taurus Rooster
Number of posts : 665
Clan/Rank : ThunderClan, RiverClan, ShadowClan, SkyClan, The Regime

PostSubject: Re: HELP! Art Programs Needed   HELP! Art Programs Needed Icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2018 6:31 am

Glad you went with Krita! It's my favorite drawing software, with all the power of the ones you could pay hundreds for! They also have a great support team and frequent updates! It's also laid out and looks similar to Photoshop.

Took me a bit to figure out how to use it, but it's very art-tablet friendly. (Like the Wacom or huion)

I tried MediBang, I found it didn't have all the things I loved in Krita, so Krita it is!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: HELP! Art Programs Needed   HELP! Art Programs Needed Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

HELP! Art Programs Needed
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warrior Clan Cats :: Off Topic :: Artwork & Literature-
Jump to: