Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Controversial Warrior Cat Opinions

Go down 
+2
Yoshachu
lemon
6 posters
AuthorMessage
lemon
Former Staff
Former Staff
lemon

Virgo Cat
Number of posts : 1303

Controversial Warrior Cat Opinions Empty
PostSubject: Controversial Warrior Cat Opinions   Controversial Warrior Cat Opinions EmptySun 23 Sep 2018 - 10:08

So, I'm 19, and I've loved Warriors all my life, but looking back on the books now, I have some ~opinions~ about some of the cats I used to love.

1. Ashfur was a BigJerk TM: Seriously, he tried to KILL SQUIRRELFLIGHTS KITS just because he got friendzoned. If a dude tried to do that in real life, he'd be in jail lol. *he shouldn't of been put in Starclan*

2. Bluestar was an ~okay~ leader. I know in the books, she was made out to be one of TC's best leaders, but honestly. During peaceful times, sure, she was a great leader. But as soon as everything went bad (with Tigerstar and everything), she lost her mind, when TC needed her the most. AND left a young warrior (Fireheart) in charge of TC with no leadership experience what so ever! That's exactly what a leader is NOT supposed to do. I mean yeah she lost her entire family but look at Crookedstar! I don't see him having a mental breakdown?!!

3. Tigerclaw/Tigerstar actually had good leadership qualities. I mean, he's not like a nice cat by any means, but SC thrived under his leadership, they were a good clan and strong! (besides from killing random cats, I mean that's not okay) But if only Tigerstar wsn't so ambitious, and just stayed leader of SC, he would've made a really really good clan. Seriously, Tigerstar made a better leader than Raggedstar, Brokenstar (obvs), Nightstar, Blackstar, Rownstar, etc. Shadowclan neeeeds someone powerful (I mean maybe Tigerstar could like murder less, idk) but other than that, he had good leadership qualities.

4. I hate Dovewing

5. Leafstar of Skyclan is one of the best leaders ever in my opinion, she built a clan from the ground up, and kept it that way!! She single handedly removed Sol from Skyclan territory (in the mangas), when Shadowclan was absolutly destroyed by Sol. She juggled being a mother, a mate, and a leader. And overall, she was just a Good Leader TM.

Okay woo. Those are my edgy opinions lol. Do you agree/disagree? Do you guys have any controversial opinions?

Loachkit
of RiverClan
Kit
10 HP / 30 SP

active thursday - sunday

read about my cats below

(updated on days listed above)
lemon's sourcats

Back to top Go down
Yoshachu

Yoshachu

Characters : (a) Sparkfire, (b) Honeysong, (c) Bubblepaw
Clan/Rank : (a) ShadowClan - Tier 4 Warrior, (b) ShadowClan - Tier 1 Medicine Cat, (c) RiverClan - Apprentice
Aquarius Rat
Number of posts : 4118

PostSubject: Re: Controversial Warrior Cat Opinions   Controversial Warrior Cat Opinions EmptySun 23 Sep 2018 - 11:17

I never looked at Tigerstar or Bluestar in this aspect. I just always assumed that Bluestar was the best and Tigerstar was the worst because of how Hunter wanted us to see them as. But now that you mention it, Bluestar is a pretty weak leader, DEFINITELY not one of the better TC leaders, and Tigerstar is a great leader who was unfortunately flawed by his evil ambitions.

I hope that Tigerstar's grandson... Tigerstar (Tigerheart) will be just as great a leader as his grandfather without being plagued with evil.

Also, I feel like putting in my own opinion as well because why not, but I feel that Bramblestar's character has severely suffered ever since his leadership. I used to love him so much for trying to separate himself from society's expectations of the whole "apple doesn't fall far from the tree" thing, but now he's just a weaker, less confident copy of Firestar.

Honeysong the ShadowClan Queen ~ #3bbb9d
Bubblekit the RiverClan Apprentice ~ #8ebb7b

Current Events
Sparkfire has returned to ShadowClan with her mate Honeysong and her adopted son Softkit.
Honeysong has followed Sparkfire back to ShadowClan and has given up her medicine cat title.
Bubblepaw has begun her training under her mother and mentor Flashlight.

PitaPata Cat tickers
Back to top Go down
Squirrelnose

Squirrelnose

Characters : (P)Petalpaw (B)Barkkit (S)Sunkit
Clan/Rank : ShadowClan
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 3341

PostSubject: Re: Controversial Warrior Cat Opinions   Controversial Warrior Cat Opinions EmptySun 23 Sep 2018 - 12:29

1. Ashfur does not deserve to be in StarClan, and his actions are in no way justifiable. I just want to get that out of the way so that you know I hate him before reading what I'm about to write. When he was a very young apprentice, Tigerstar killed his mom. So what does Fireheart do? Teach him how to get revenge. He literally says something along the lines of "getting revenge for their mother will be good for the" about Ashpaw and Fernpaw. Then when his mother's gone and he needs his family most, his sister and mentor are too busy with each other to pay any attention to him. During the battle versus BloodClan, he is praised for avenging Whitestorm by helping to kill Bone. So through his childhood he has no good role models and is taught revenge is good. Then Squirrelflight pretends she is in love with him and uses him to make Brambleclaw jealous. When he figures that out, he is reasonably mad, and so he does what he has been taught to do his whole life. Get revenge. As I said at the beginning, this does not justify him at all and he still deserves to rot in the Dark Forest, but this is just why he may have done that.

2. Bluestar was not as good as she was made out to be, and her trust in Tigerclaw makes literally no sense. Bluefur didn't want Tigerkit hanging around Whitekit because he was a bad influence, she hated his mentor and though he was far too violent as an apprentice, and thought he was a complete arrogant jerk as a warrior. That all happened in Bluestar's prophecy. So why does she have a mental breakdown when he betrays her? She really should have seen that coming. Despite all that, she is one of my favorite leaders (partly because of her flaws) and even though she's overrated, I still love her. Crookedstar and Tallstar are still 100% better though.

3. You aren't wrong. if after becoming deputy of ThunderClan he had just waited for Bluestar to die, not nearly as much death would have happened. If he didn't do the whole BloodClan thing as ShadowClan leader, he still would have had a lot of power and the ability to use it well.

4. Leafstar starts out amazing and is one of the best leaders until a Vision of Shadows. Then she just becomes boring and out of character.

Controversial Warrior Cat Opinions Signat10
Back to top Go down
lemon
Former Staff
Former Staff
lemon

Virgo Cat
Number of posts : 1303

PostSubject: Re: Controversial Warrior Cat Opinions   Controversial Warrior Cat Opinions EmptySun 23 Sep 2018 - 18:05

I totally agree with you guys lol. And yeah, Brambleclaw/star was a GREAT character until he became leader, then he kinda just suffered from "What would Firestar do" syndrome. If he would've stuck to the Brambleclaw he was as a deputy, TC would be a much better clan right now.

Lol and yeah Squirrelnose, Leafstar just becomes like weird in the Vision of Shadows series, she lost all her personality.

Also yeah, I'm VERY excited to see Tigerheart/star's leadership. I think he'll be like the original Tigerstar without all the murder. I'm PUMPED

Loachkit
of RiverClan
Kit
10 HP / 30 SP

active thursday - sunday

read about my cats below

(updated on days listed above)
lemon's sourcats

Back to top Go down
Chickenwing

Chickenwing

Characters : Flamethrower
Clan/Rank : Rogue [T1]
Sagittarius Snake
Number of posts : 1212

PostSubject: Re: Controversial Warrior Cat Opinions   Controversial Warrior Cat Opinions EmptyWed 24 Oct 2018 - 0:26

...I have a lot of controversial opinions on the whole franchise that is Warriors, and this will probably turn into a rant.
I can't actually remember what my reaction to Ashfur's whole life story was. Probably confusion. But the second time I read it, he seemed really different in The New Prophecy books than he did back in the first series.
And Bluestar? Yeah, I have to agree with The Squirrelnosed Zombie on that. Though Bluestar's Prophecy was written after the original series, and probably by a different author, so that would explain most of why it didn't really add up.
One of the things you don't have on the list that I have a really big beef with is the way that the fourth series was handled, though mostly just about what came afterwards with the Three losing their powers and stuff. If they'd just gotten StarClan to have a big get-together and tell them the consequences before they decided to save the world it would have actually had some kind of impact! Instead, all we got was just "Oh, looky, we don'ts got powers no more. We sad." All from Dovewing's perspective (and I don't know why, but something about her just really bugs me. Maybe she's just an overly cliched character or something, I don't know).
One of the other things would have to be Mothflight's Vision. That book made me mad. Mostly just because the entire reason for medicine cats never having kits was because some weirdo kit who may or may not have had aspergers (she sure was acting like she had something like that. At first, anyway, before it suddenly disappeared) suddenly got a panic attack and thought her kits were dying every time she saw a speck of blood. This was a cat who had been stated multiple times as being an air-head. So they took her word for it and assumed that everyone else would have the same curse if they had kits. I'm genuinely starting to think that StarClan is a sadistic bunch of morons, since pretty much everything they've done has been kind of fluctuating between helpful and "go do it yourself!"
>_< I knew this was going to turn into a rant.... But anyway, maybe all this is just me being an overly-angsty teenager, and all this stuff actually has a reasonable explanation.

pics of me cats:

In order from left to right
Flamethrower
Ded/Missing:
Swansong | Rift | Cleft Spyre | Sablepaw/Lirista | Minkstar | Murkpaw
Back to top Go down
https://www.deviantart.com/piiec
Cays
Former Staff
Former Staff
Cays

Characters : Kestrelkit (SkC) | Marshkit (SC)
Aquarius Horse
Number of posts : 2450

PostSubject: Re: Controversial Warrior Cat Opinions   Controversial Warrior Cat Opinions EmptyWed 24 Oct 2018 - 12:50

The Squirrelnosed Zombie wrote:
2. Bluestar was not as good as she was made out to be, and her trust in Tigerclaw makes literally no sense. Bluefur didn't want Tigerkit hanging around Whitekit because he was a bad influence, she hated his mentor and though he was far too violent as an apprentice, and thought he was a complete arrogant jerk as a warrior. That all happened in Bluestar's prophecy. So why does she have a mental breakdown when he betrays her? She really should have seen that coming. Despite all that, she is one of my favorite leaders (partly because of her flaws) and even though she's overrated, I still love her. Crookedstar and Tallstar are still 100% better though.

Like Chickenwing pointed out; Bluestar's prophecy was written after the original books. In the original series, Tigerclaw was a respected and trusted warrior in the clan. So much so that Ravenpaw could never tell another cat what had actually happened in the battle of Sunningrocks for fear of being written off and subsequentally killed somehow by Tigerclaw later. No cat would have expected it. Even Bluestar herself.

Personally, I think most of the greatest flaws in warriors comes from having too many writers. Having more than one can be an asset in some cases, but when you have seven writers all trying to write the same series and the same characters, stuff is going to get mixed up. Badly. Some writers have come in later and left earlier as well, and it sounds like from previous interviews and such that they often don't really leave a lot of stuff for the new or other writers to pick up on. I doubt they even have time to /read/ the full books they've written.

Which might be partially a publishing problem. Publishers demand a certain amount of material flowing through the door. Editors can demand changes to things that might make no sense but cause an author team like this to scramble to make pieces fit when they can't. It doesn't matter as long as the books sell as far as publishers are concerned.

I'm not defending some of the worst things they've done. Like Ashfur turning into a bad guy for the sake of Hollyleaf's downfall, or Bramblestar's total reverance of Firestar (which ignores the fact that as a kit and even apprentice, Firestar didn't really /trust/ him that much. That's not something I think would be forgettable to Brambleclaw.) Hopefully though, this helps to make sense of some of it.

Ash
Former Staff
Former Staff
Ash

Characters : Living: Perchstar [P], Bubblebeam [B], Dovetail [D], Hedgepaw [H], Larchpaw [L]. Deceased/Missing: Tansyfoot, Turtlepelt, Morning, Longwhisker, Ryestep, Poolmist, Nettletail, Halfmoon, Freckleface, Lionfur, Shimmerheart, Breezewhisker, Honeydrop, Ashstar, Snowpaw, Brushgaze (NPC), Shellwater, Snowblossom, Quailfeather, Gingerstripe, Carat, Redwing, Graybriar, Pricklebush, Appledapple, Flutterpetal, Felix.
Clan/Rank : [P]: RiverClan Leader. [B]: SkyClan T3 Warrior. [D]: RiverClan T3 Warrior. [H]: ShadowClan Apprentice. [L]: WindClan Apprentice.
Cancer Snake
Number of posts : 6698

PostSubject: Re: Controversial Warrior Cat Opinions   Controversial Warrior Cat Opinions EmptyWed 24 Oct 2018 - 17:10

lemongrass wrote:
4. I hate Dovewing

I agree

...I could rant about Dovewing for a long time, but I don't think I need to. However, if you want to read a rant I wrote forever ago about Bluestar- ohh boy- then here it is.

Also I really don't like the new series, AVOS, and I just wanted to put that out there

⸙ Larchpaw ⸙ ~ ☆ Perchstar ☆ ~ ♡ Hedgepaw ♡ ~ ◈ Dovetail ◈ ~ ○ Bubblebeam ○
⸙ WindClan ⸙ ~ ☆ RiverClan ☆ ~ ♡ ShadowClan ♡ ~ ◈ RiverClan ◈ ~ ○ SkyClan ○
⸙ Apprentice ⸙ ~ ☆ Tier 5 Leader ☆ ~ ♡ Apprentice ♡ ~ ◈ Tier 3 Warrior ◈ ~ ○ Tier 3 Warrior ○

~~PM me here or on Discord if you want a topic with any of my cats!~~
~Wonderful Signature by Xaandiir!~
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Controversial Warrior Cat Opinions   Controversial Warrior Cat Opinions Empty

Back to top Go down

Controversial Warrior Cat Opinions
Page 1 of 1