Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Aspenkit's Apprentice Ceremony

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Cays
Former Staff
Former Staff
Cays

Characters : Kestrelkit (SkC) | Marshkit (SC)
Aquarius Horse
Number of posts : 2450

Aspenkit's Apprentice Ceremony Empty
PostSubject: Aspenkit's Apprentice Ceremony   Aspenkit's Apprentice Ceremony EmptySat Aug 25, 2018 3:39 am

Today was the day. Marshstorm both loved and dreaded it. His eyes were drawn to the pale tabby she-kit who was playing around the camp. He swallowed nervously as he forced himself to calm down. It was hard though. This was his own kit. His own blood... going out into the world. He'd be lying if he said it didn't terrify him. He shook the worries from his mind. She'd be fine. He'd give her a mentor that would make sure she was fine.

He couldn't hold her back anymore than he held back Lilypaw. It wouldn't be fair to her.

"Let all cats old enough to catch their own prey gather beneath High-rock for a clan meeting!" He yowled, forcing his voice to calmness as he watched cats gather to the call with only a hint of unease. His eyes tracking his daughter's pelt as he thought of the litter. Dustcloud and him... she'd be a great warrior. A great apprentice. He calmed further, a rush of pride in his chest. She'd be fine. He glanced up to Dustcloud's blue eyes and nodded firmly to confirm any suspicions.

It was time.

feahter

feahter

Characters : [F]eatherpaw | [S]mokespirit | [V]ixenpaw
Clan/Rank : [F] RC Apprentice | [S] SC Tier I Warrior | [V] TC Apprentice
Aquarius Dog
Number of posts : 857

PostSubject: Re: Aspenkit's Apprentice Ceremony   Aspenkit's Apprentice Ceremony EmptySat Aug 25, 2018 4:09 am

With a twitch of her whiskers and a flick of her slim, sleek tail, Aspenkit scampered speedily to gather with the expanding influx of cats. Squeezing her way swiftly to the front of the crowd, she sat down and glanced upwards at her father, her eyes clearly displaying her excitement. Something, something, blazed in her chest, and she sensed that this was it. This was her day. The day she'd been waiting for, had finally, finally arrived, and she was absolutely thrilled about it!
Her gaze inspected her father's, and she noticed something odd within its depths. Not the calmness in his voice, nor the pride she guessed he was feeling, but.. worry? Maybe unease? The deputy was feeling nervous for her ceremony, she could tell. Aspenkit could understand why, she would be allowed to explore the territory, streak through the trees, be permitted beyond the daily, repetitive, boring activity inside camp. And she was loving that idea.

While the rest of her clanmates assembled, Aspenkit scanned the pelts and heads for her mother. Where was Dustcloud? After a few heartbeats, the silver she-kit identified the warrior, and felt a rush of comfort suddenly flow through her. After staring, unfocused for a while, she returned her gaze to Marshstorm, feeling prepared and ready.

She could do this.

proud og member of the wcc leg cult

Aspenkit's Apprentice Ceremony Feather-s-Badge-Signature-20200209122543

:.:|| ic  news ||:.:

.:|| Featherpaw ⟡ RC | Smokespirit ⟡ SC | Vixenpaw ⟡ TC ||:.
|  20/80 | 35/90* | 20/80  |
.:||  #292950 | #665f35 | #b02e2e  ||:.

*disabled stat reduction; half-blind

Back to top Go down
Cays
Former Staff
Former Staff
Cays

Characters : Kestrelkit (SkC) | Marshkit (SC)
Aquarius Horse
Number of posts : 2450

PostSubject: Re: Aspenkit's Apprentice Ceremony   Aspenkit's Apprentice Ceremony EmptyTue Aug 28, 2018 11:28 pm

(Sorry about the wait there!)

"Aspenkit, step forward." He mewed, gesturing for her to step forwards towards the High-rock. He closed his eyes briefly, then opened them and scanned the clanmates around them. For a moment, he wanted to give her over to Dustcloud to mentor, but his mate had two apprentices already, and he couldn't deny as safe as it made him feel about her well-being... she'd likely feel smothered by it.

The last thing he wanted was to make her feel restrained. Instead his eyes settled on the familiar spotted gold pelt. That would work. Even though it could be assumed he was playing favourites, he restrained himself from that line of thought.

"Aspenkit, you have reached the age of six moons. It is now time for you to become an apprentice. From this day on, until you recieve your warrior name, you will be known as Aspenpaw." He spoke clearly and confidently. Pride slipped into his voice as he watched his daughter, then looked at Leopardstar meaningfully. "Your mentor will be Leopardstar." His gaze returned to Aspenpaw once more. "May his training serve you well, in every way." He meowed finally as he leapt down while cats cheered her name to nuzzle her
"I'm proud of you, do your best."

RainyHeart
Former Staff
Former Staff
RainyHeart

Characters : Former: Pansyface ♀, Leopardstar ♂, Finchstream ♀, Ryeheart ♂, Laurelsong ♀, Nightstorm ♂, Fernpetal ♀, Magpiepaw ♂, Chirp ♀, Ashflight ♂, Orchidmask ♀ Basilbloom ♀ | Current: Featherpaw ♀, Tigerkit ♂
Sagittarius Dragon
Number of posts : 3811

PostSubject: Re: Aspenkit's Apprentice Ceremony   Aspenkit's Apprentice Ceremony EmptyWed Aug 29, 2018 2:14 am

Leopardstar, who had been watching the ceremony from the shade cast by the Highrock, blinked acceptingly as Marshstorm named him as Aspenpaw's mentor.  It felt very odd to once again be called up to the front of the crowd instead of being the cat calling the crowd, but he didn't hesitate as he rose to his paws and stepped forward, lowering his head to touch noses with the young silver tabby she-cat.  She was the spitting image of her mother Dustcloud...but he could also see a bit of her father in her as well.  That mix of legacies could produce an extraordinary warrior, and there were no reservations in his voice as he meowed "Training starts at dawn tomorrow, I promise to teach you to the best of my ability."  Hopefully, this time, this bright young she-cat would not be led astray...

Back to top Go down
feahter

feahter

Characters : [F]eatherpaw | [S]mokespirit | [V]ixenpaw
Clan/Rank : [F] RC Apprentice | [S] SC Tier I Warrior | [V] TC Apprentice
Aquarius Dog
Number of posts : 857

PostSubject: Re: Aspenkit's Apprentice Ceremony   Aspenkit's Apprentice Ceremony EmptyWed Aug 29, 2018 4:53 am

When instructed to step forward, Aspenkit did so immediately, her pale chartreuse eyes narrowed and her chest puffed in pride. She felt the stares of her clanmates burning into her pelt, and a grin of faint vanity gradually formed on her face. One of those pairs of eyes gazing at her would be her mentor's eyes, and she straightened to look superior and determined. The lithe, but lean, kit stared intently at her father, feeling a narcissistic pleasure surge through her. She noticed he had settled his eyes on a certain cat, but Aspenkit didn't glance behind her to see who he was looking at. Her mentor would be announced shortly, anyways.
Her grin expanded when Marshstorm declared her an apprentice. My name's Aspenpaw now, and it'll be half a heartbeat before I gain my well-deserved warrior name!

"Your mentor will be Leopardstar."

Aspenpaw felt numb. Her father's decision had dictated that she would be trained by the leader. Leopardstar was her official mentor, and the silver tabby couldn't have been any more ecstatic in the deputy's choice.
When her father leapt from the vantage point, Aspenpaw nuzzled him back, a croaky rumble that was supposed to be a purr steadily vibrating in her throat. "Thank you, Father! I will, I promise," she trilled, her voice unusually softened and tender. Retracting slowly, she padded keenly up to Leopardstar, and touched her light rose nose to his.

"I'll be awake and prepared for training, and I'll most certainly do my best!"

proud og member of the wcc leg cult

Aspenkit's Apprentice Ceremony Feather-s-Badge-Signature-20200209122543

:.:|| ic  news ||:.:

.:|| Featherpaw ⟡ RC | Smokespirit ⟡ SC | Vixenpaw ⟡ TC ||:.
|  20/80 | 35/90* | 20/80  |
.:||  #292950 | #665f35 | #b02e2e  ||:.

*disabled stat reduction; half-blind

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Aspenkit's Apprentice Ceremony   Aspenkit's Apprentice Ceremony Empty

Back to top Go down

Aspenkit's Apprentice Ceremony
Page 1 of 1