Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place during the time before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! The latest announcements are below.
This month's activity check is currently underway, so make sure to post ;)
The stars return as the Clans defeat Lichenmask & the Exiles!
If it's the full moon and the Gathering hasn't been made yet, please tell a Staff member. Thank you!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Share | 

You Can't See Me, Behind The Screen [closed, PLOT]

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Seer
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Characters : [B] Brindlestar // [S] Splashwillow // [E] Elmcloud // [A] Adderfeather // [G] Galepaw // [D] Duskkit
Male
Libra Cat
Number of posts : 2778
Clan/Rank : [B] WindClan Leader [S] RiverClan Queen [E] SkyClan Warrior [A] RiverClan Warrior [G] RiverClan Apprentice [D] Rogue Kit

PostSubject: You Can't See Me, Behind The Screen [closed, PLOT]   Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:06 pm

Swallowing down the sharp flames of agitation that kindled deep within his chest, Lichenmask resisted the urge to snarl as he was forced to flick away another pawful of slimy, incredibly unpleasant mud. How could any cat willing live in such a dismal, sludge-filled place? The heated surge of unwarranted anger, wrongfully directed at the unfortunate pine-forest that ShadowClan laid claim to, was nearly enough to distract him from his true sense of purpose. After spending the entirety of the previous evening and early morning out hunting down various different Leaders and reveling in their various different reactions, he was now stuck trekking about during the worst heat of the day- and forcibly being subjected to the repulsive stench of heated mud. Thick fur flicking outward into a ruffled state in an attempt to chase away the grueling heat of the afternoon sun, the young tom's richly colored pelt was unevenly marked with the thin tendrils of pine shadows. It was difficult to fend away the biting edge of exhaustion after spending the previous night completely awake and then venturing about the forest, but at least he could find a miniscule amount of comfort in the realization that his journeys were nearly over.

All he had to do was visit SkyClan next, but then he'd have to deal with the immediate fallout of directing the wrath of all five Leaders onto himself.

The unpleasant scent of ShadowClan stormed over Lichenmask in waves that resembled the unhappy rumbling of the river amidst a brutal storm, alerting him to the rapidly encroaching home of the shadow-dwellers long before he got there. It was quite strange that the only cat he encountered during his entire journey through the territory was just a tail-length or two away from the nest of ragged thorns itself. Perhaps ShadowClanners did really work entirely by night. After spending the greater part of a day being subjected to several suspicious and enraged individuals, it was quite easy to wait out the rosetted tom's initial defensive behavior. Tail giving a disinterested flick, the young tom scowled slightly as he gazed over at the older tom.

"Are you just going to stand their gaping or will you fetch Littlestar?"

Living  |  Deceased
Back to top Go down
Sunlit
Former Staff
Former Staff

Characters : [C] - Cloudroar | [F] - Frostwing | [La] - Lakewhisper
Female
Cancer Dragon
Number of posts : 1662
Clan/Rank : [C] - SkyClan Senior Warrior Tom. [F] - SkyClan Young Warrior She. [La] - RiverClan Experienced Warrior Tom.

PostSubject: Re: You Can't See Me, Behind The Screen [closed, PLOT]   Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:40 pm

Littlestar had been sleeping quite peacefully in her den when she was alerted to an odd RiverClan presence in her camp. The past couple moons had been pretty calm for ShadowClan. Despite that though, she couldn’t help but feel a familiar sense of dread at the possibility of that tranquility shattering. What could a lone, young RiverClan warrior be doing in the heart of ShadowClan territory? It left her baffled, but she hid any emotions well behind a neutral mask of politeness.

“Hello. Who are you, and why have you come here alone? Is RiverClan in need of herbs?” She inquired, a bit hopeful that herbs were all that was needed and something more serious wasn’t going on.

The young tom couldn’t be much older than some of her older apprentices, and him showing up alone wasn’t a good sign no matter how she tried to reason it out. She couldn’t imagine Jaystar sending a new warrior into ShadowClan camp by himself if it wasn’t an emergency or a serious situation. Furthermore, it would be very peculiar, to say the least, for a warrior to approach a leader in her own camp so confidently of his own accord. Whatever it was, she hoped her clan could stay out of the thick of it.

(Sorry for any weird mistakes, I’m exhausted and on mobile. I just wanted to go ahead and get this up.)

My Characters
Post here if you need me!

Back to top Go down
Seer
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Characters : [B] Brindlestar // [S] Splashwillow // [E] Elmcloud // [A] Adderfeather // [G] Galepaw // [D] Duskkit
Male
Libra Cat
Clan/Rank : [B] WindClan Leader [S] RiverClan Queen [E] SkyClan Warrior [A] RiverClan Warrior [G] RiverClan Apprentice [D] Rogue Kit

PostSubject: Re: You Can't See Me, Behind The Screen [closed, PLOT]   Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:22 pm

It was quite amusing to see how he practically loomed above Littlestar- perhaps in any other situation, Lichenmask would've found a great sense of joy in such a moment.

But instead of becoming further engrossed about how it was finally his turn to glare down at a Leader, the fiery air of tense determination sparked once more. The fierce sense of purpose, which came to life as an enraged sense of prickling that set his skin alight with the coldest of flames, only heightened his focus. Too much to do, not enough time to jeer like a measly kit over something as trivial as height. Features softening to the point where he nearly resembled a kit in the gloomy light of ShadowClan's overgrown territory, Lichenmask's voice was sweetened by it's signature charismatic hum. "Forgive me Littlestar, but what I need from you could never be sated by mere herbs."

Living  |  Deceased
Back to top Go down
Sunlit
Former Staff
Former Staff

Female
Cancer Dragon
Clan/Rank : [C] - SkyClan Senior Warrior Tom. [F] - SkyClan Young Warrior She. [La] - RiverClan Experienced Warrior Tom.

PostSubject: Re: You Can't See Me, Behind The Screen [closed, PLOT]   Sun Aug 19, 2018 1:05 pm

Littlestar looked up at the larger, but younger warrior through narrowed eyes now. The tom almost seemed to be sneering at her for not even a split second before his features transformed back into a softer, almost kit-like, expression. She couldn't be sure that she hadn't just been seeing things, but his words made suspicion and confusion light her narrowed blue gaze. "Come on now, RiverClanner. I don't have time for riddles. What is it you're here for? If RiverClan needs our aid, I'm happy to help, but if not, I think it's best that you leave." She meowed firmly, her usually gentle voice now hard and straight-to-the-point. She had no time to entertain some foolish young riverclanner. She had a clan to run.

(gtg to work, so take this quick post)

My Characters

Back to top Go down
Seer
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Male
Libra Cat

PostSubject: Re: You Can't See Me, Behind The Screen [closed, PLOT]   Wed Aug 22, 2018 10:12 am

Did all Leaders immediately default to a heinous mixture of confusion and annoyance whenever confronted with an unwarranted conversation? How ghastly. Didn’t any cat even bother to use the manners that had been so rigorously instilled upon them? Peering down at Littlestar once more with his all-seeing stare that had seemingly become his trade-mark appearance, the young tom didn’t speak for a moment or two. Quirking an invisible brow, the darker fur that encased his narrow features made his expression unreadable, or merely vague to the most trained of eyes. ”If you wish.” Lichenmask’s velvety voice was interwoven with a sinister note of compliance. After all, who was he to deny one the knowledge of their fate?

”Tell me of Lightningstrike, Littlestar. Did you ever learn of the fate that befell him, or did you simply believe that StarClan would forgive his actions without blinking?” Lichenmask’s voice was simmering with a cold intensity, one that closely resembled the fiercest winds of the coldest winter.

Living  |  Deceased
Back to top Go down
Sunlit
Former Staff
Former Staff

Female
Cancer Dragon

PostSubject: Re: You Can't See Me, Behind The Screen [closed, PLOT]   Sat Aug 25, 2018 7:07 pm

Littlestar had to keep from visibly wincing at the mention of her late mate, Lightningstrike. What did this cat know about him? How did he know about him? Her dead lover had been gone for way longer than Lichenmask had been alive, maybe even longer than his mother had been alive. With a barely noticeable shake of her head, she glared dubiously up at him. “Lightningstrike’s life is no concern of yours, young one. He’s been gone long before you ever took your first breath.” She meowed, her voice tight with restraint. “He.. Of course he’s in StarClan. I do know that for sure. He was a young and foolish apprentice when he made his mistakes, though I’m not sure why you think that’s any of your business.” She continued, barely containing a furious growl. Not much angered her these days, but Lightningstrike was a soft-spot of hers. He was her first love and there wasn’t a day that went by that she didn’t think of him. "I'll ask you again, RiverClanner, you had better get straight to the point. Why are you here?” She questioned, growing impatient. This was ridiculous. What right did this RiverClan warrior have, coming to her clan and questioning her? In her own camp, for StarClan’s sake. She would have been content to run him out of ShadowClan territory and speak with Jaystar immediately about controlling his warriors, but Lichenmask made her nervous. He seemed to know more than he should, and she needed to know what exactly it was that he knew.

My Characters

Back to top Go down
Seer
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Male
Libra Cat

PostSubject: Re: You Can't See Me, Behind The Screen [closed, PLOT]   Sun Aug 26, 2018 2:22 pm

"Love's quite a strange thing, isn't it?" Lichenmask continued breezily, only acknowledging Littlestar's rapidly mounting outrage with the briefest of crooked smiles, "They can do the cruelest of things, and yet you never stop loving them- even if letting go is for the best." The words weren't entirely aimed at Littlestar, but towards his own confusing entanglement with Brushpaw. No matter how desperately he tried to stifle the strange softness he held in regards to the young ShadowClan molly, he knew it was hopeless to try to quell his own sense of attachment. But he wasn't weak like the rest of those foresaken Leaders and those who blindly worshiped them- he wouldn't ever indulge in such a terrible atrocity, he wouldn't even condemn her to such a terrible fate. The words sobered him, grounded him to the reality of the situation. The faux sense of amusement bled away from the young tom's comely features, leaving behind only an enigmatic detachment in its place. When he spoke once more, his cryptic voice was reedy like the northern winds of winter. "Destruction is following you like carrion birds follow diseased prey, Littlestar. And yet, you've been given the chance to spare yourself from a ghastly fate. You have the power to prevent your Clan's end, but you also have the power to usher in the death of all those you love." Head tilting coyly, the dark-furred tom allowed his tense words to split the air like a summer lightning storm before speaking, "The winds have changed, Littlestar. StarClan will no longer stand for half-Clan cats such as yourself, nor will they forget the crimes you blindly forgave from Lightningstrike. StarClan themselves have shown me what awaits you, but I have come to give you a chance. Live in this new world, or die in your old one."

Living  |  Deceased
Back to top Go down
Sunlit
Former Staff
Former Staff

Female
Cancer Dragon

PostSubject: Re: You Can't See Me, Behind The Screen [closed, PLOT]   Sat Sep 01, 2018 3:14 pm

Littlestar let out a low, barely audible warning growl as the foolish 'warrior' continued to spew hateful remarks of her first love. "The forgiveness I gave Lightningstrike was anything but blind. He had proven himself over and over again. Do-" She cut herself off with a disbelieving shake of her head and vexed lash of her tail. This conversation was getting ridiculous now, and there was no way she would give this kit any more of her time. "What is your name, kid? I think it's time that you leave. You should know best that I'll be having a word about you to Jaystar." She meowed, her voice dangerously calm now, eyes narrowed with warning. Though deep down, the tom's words sent chills down her spine, it was not visible on the outside. The 'prophecy' sent from StarClan kept ringing through her head. What was the meaning of this? Was her clan really in danger? Was she the cause for it? But more importantly, what could she do to prevent it?

My Characters

Back to top Go down
Seer
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Male
Libra Cat

PostSubject: Re: You Can't See Me, Behind The Screen [closed, PLOT]   Sun Sep 02, 2018 3:40 pm

"Would knowing one name among many truly bring you any comfort? I'm sure you've found the name of a mere messenger to be worthless if you don't know where the message comes from and who sent it." A crooked, impish smile revealed a dazzling array of pristine teeth, while Lichenmask's features were overtaken with a irritating display of amusement. Not even Littlestar's growling and hisses, as wise of a warning as they were, could deter him. It was difficult to feel an emotion as primitive as fear when the threats came from the mouths of sinners, desperate to save themselves and nothing more. However, after a brief moment of consideration, he decided to relent on behalf of her request. "If it makes any difference, my name is Lichenmask," Head tilting slightly as he gazed down at the smaller molly, a flash of pink swept past his lips for the briefest heartbeats. "Speak to Jaystar all you'd like, but you'll find him just as powerless as you." Flexing and rolling his powerful shoulders as though he had grown bored with the conversation, another fox-like grin was donned. He had grown quite talented at dancing around the truth endlessly, never quite owning up to it nor obscuring it- it was a delicate art, one which his offense relied upon.

"RiverClan won't save you, nor will any other Clan in the realm of the living. StarClan themselves won't aid you- and why would they? A half SkyClanner such as yourself isn't deserving of their salvation. The cold winds of Leafbare are coming, and the light of the stars won't shine during the long night. If you continue to resist the truth of my words, all you will accomplish is unleashing the dogs of war upon all those you love. Tell me, is your pride more important than the lives of your Clanmate and kin?" The grin upon Lichenmask's face was suddenly lacking in the previous amusement and warmth. Instead, it was a frightful display of frigid truth. "Are you truly willing to see all those you swore to cherish and protect hunted down and eradicated like the diseased vermin from the Carrionplace that your Clan loves to frequent?" Although the unsettling grin upon the young tom's face remained, a slender forepaw to toy with a loose sheathe that hung from one of his foreclaws in an irritating manner. Absently fiddling with the loose nail covering, Lichenmask's voice was unusually soft when he spoke once more.

"But that's not what I want from you. I come only asking for one thing in return for the lives of your Clanmates."

Living  |  Deceased
Back to top Go down
Sunlit
Former Staff
Former Staff

Female
Cancer Dragon

PostSubject: Re: You Can't See Me, Behind The Screen [closed, PLOT]   Mon Sep 03, 2018 7:37 pm

Littlestar raised an invisible brow as, once again, the young tom surprised her, but as he continued, she rolled her eyes. "You think bringing up my ancestry will, I don't know, scare me?" A humorless laugh made its way out of her mouth. "I had no control over who my parents were, and I'm not ashamed of it." She said coolly. "If I'm not 'worthy' as you say, then why exactly was I given my nine lives, hmm?" She scoffed, her usually infinite patience wearing thin. "If RiverClan or anyone for that matter, even thinks of messing with my clan, they will see a side of me not many have lived to see." She meowed menacingly, the tone of voice sounding entirely out of place to anyone that knew her.

(short but I just finished writing an essay for dual enrollment English, and I'm dead inside)

My Characters

Back to top Go down
Seer
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Male
Libra Cat

PostSubject: Re: You Can't See Me, Behind The Screen [closed, PLOT]   Fri Sep 07, 2018 10:55 am

"Do you really believe something as inconsequential as your anger frightens me? Every night when I fall asleep, StarClan shows me the birth, life, and death of every Clan- nothing you could ever say or do could ever amount to what I've seen." Lichenmask suddenly thrust his muzzle against Littlestar's, the space between the bristling pair dwindling so rapidly that their whiskers were brushing in mere moments. The young tom's dazzling gaze was alight with the frigid flames of truth, a daring glint simmering within the writhing depths of his unnerving stare. "I've seen everything you've done, and I've seen everything you will do. I know more about you than you'll ever understand." A sweet sigh was exhaled from the tom's partially opened maw, ruffling the sensitive fur that composed the dark bridge of Littlestar's muzzle. The air that brushed against the smaller tortoiseshell's narrowed features was unusually cold and wreaked of cold stone and freezing water, wholly unnatural. "I suppose they gave you your lives for the same reason they gave of Leafbare. To let disease and death run rampant before life begins anew once more." Tufted ears twitching one final time, the young tom slowly withdrew from their uncomfortably close proximity.

Instead of exhaling another long-winded and cryptic spiel, Lichenmask instead rose to his paws and retreated a pace or two, expression wholly unreadable. Slender paws hardly making a single sound against the sludge-like earth of the marshlands, the distance yawned between the pair- while the tense air roiled and crackled with a firestorm of emotions. "Perhaps I was a fool to think you would ever possess enough self-awareness to understand what you're guiding your kin and Clanmates towards." The toms jaws split in a wide, leisurely yawn as he prepared to depart, "RiverClan, WindClan, and ThunderClan are all now under my control, seeing as they all held enough wit to see the sense in my warnings." The heavy shadows that bled from the imposing outlines of the great pine trees that around up all around them nearly swallowed the dark-furred tom whole as he began to pick his way back in the direction that he had initially ventured from. A slight shudder, brought to life by the sincerity of the many emotions that boiled within his blood, crept down his spine as his paws left soft indents in the mud. Without sparing another glance at Littlestar, his next words rang hollowly in the terse air.

"Two sunrises from this meeting, you will travel to Fourtrees with your Deputy and Medicine Cat. If you fail to do so, or attempt to pull any sort of stunt, I will send RiverClan, WindClan, and ThunderClan to your camp under the pretenses of leaving no survivors. But I shall let you live long enough to see the looks upon the faces of all those you love whenever they're dragged to their deaths."

Living  |  Deceased
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: You Can't See Me, Behind The Screen [closed, PLOT]   

Back to top Go down

You Can't See Me, Behind The Screen [closed, PLOT]
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warrior Clan Cats :: Areas of the Forest :: ShadowClan Camp-
Jump to: