Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

[closed] Little Paws Wander

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
sumashira
Former Staff
Former Staff
sumashira

Cancer Pig
Number of posts : 2609

[closed] Little Paws Wander Empty
PostSubject: [closed] Little Paws Wander   [closed] Little Paws Wander EmptySat Aug 11, 2018 9:36 pm

Amberkit lay basking in a spot of sun that beamed down from straight above through the thick maple leaves that clotted the sky. She lay sprawled on her side, eyes closed as she breathed slow and deep. Her whiskers twitched and tilted as she dreamed, but otherwise she looked peaceful. The camp was alive with patrols returning and setting off, cats sharing tongues as they ate, and the general liveliness that was SkyClan. Amberkit slept through the sounds contentedly, though when cats padded near her ears twitched. The sounds of the camp were what she loved to hear.

Amberkit dreamed of bathing in starlight the way she basked in the sunshine. The night felt warm and alive, and her pelt tingled with energy. Silverpelt above gleamed down on her with love, giving her golden-orange fur an ethereal glow. The trees had bowed away from the stars to let the light through. The air felt electric, and smelled of a soft, sweet fragrance Amberkit didn't recognize. She licked her lips absently. With a deep breath, she set off into the night, bounding across the silvery grasses as though she had wings on her paws. The plants seemed to bow before her as well, their fragrances all so familiar and yet so completely unknown.

The dream slowly brightened, as if the stars above were suddenly getting closer, and the next moment Amberkit found herself awake where she had been basking in the camp. She licked her lips again softly as she pushed herself to a sitting position. Her cool gaze flicked about camp as her tongue flicked out over her lips again, but whatever flavor she had remembered from her dream had vanished. Amberkit found her eyes drawn to the medicine cat, Mintwhisker's, den. She had seen all the other dens in camp by now, but Amberkit had found herself frightened of the overpowering smells coming from it when she was younger. Now, however...

Before Amberkit knew what she was doing, she had heaved herself to her paws and begun padding towards the den. She crossed the clearing and paused just outside. What if Mintwhisker was mean? What if the medicine cat got angry at Amberkit for being nosy? The kit pushed the feelings aside and took a step in, trying to ignore all the smells. She looked around with wide eyes. This was what the den looked like? It seemed so big for only one medicine cat!

[closed] Little Paws Wander VWfKplK
Clovertwist the Loner
WindClan ex-Warrior
{ #5F9EA0 }
Barleytuft of StarClan
WindClan Warrior
{ #DA8F6F }
Marmalade the Kittypet
ex-SkyClan Medicine Cat
{ #C1550A }
Dacedream of StarClan
ThunderClan Warrior
{ #808000 }
Summer the Loner
gay drifter
{ #E86375 }
(Not Pictured: Frogmarsh of ShadowClan; Lightstep of RiverClan; Mottledspark of RiverClan)

art by sumashira [me] - click image to see profiles
Back to top Go down
Drippy

Drippy

Characters : Living: Sunpaw. Dead: so many
Clan/Rank : TC Apprentice
Sagittarius Monkey
Number of posts : 3839

PostSubject: Re: [closed] Little Paws Wander   [closed] Little Paws Wander EmptyMon Aug 13, 2018 10:02 pm

Mintwhisker sighed, pausing to stretch for a moment. She glanced at the crushed yellow flowers lying at her paws for a moment before turning her deep green eyes toward the entrance of the den. The weather was incredible today; not swelteringly hot and muggy as it had been the last few days, but not chilly. Perfect sunbathing weather. The short-legged Medicine Cat yawned, slowly pushing herself to her paws. She cast one last brief look at the cluster of dandelions lying pitifully at the back of the den before turning to exit.

"Oh!" She uttered a quick sound of surprise, a small, friendly smile growing on her face. "Hello there, dear. What's your name?" She blinked, her tail twitching as she suppressed a purr of nostalgia. This kit reminded her of her first adventure out of the nursery and into the Medicine Cat den with her sister, Fernpetal. The small orange kit's charming curiosity was incredibly reminiscent of her older sister.
Mintwhisker shook out her fur, sitting down lightly and tilting her head. She knew this young kit by sight alone; she had assisted her mother with her birth almost- what was it, five moons ago? -but she hadn't been able to hear her new name due to urgent business with a group of apprentices and a rather unpleasant patch of particularly large blackberry bushes.

Former Staff
sumashira

Cancer Pig

PostSubject: Re: [closed] Little Paws Wander   [closed] Little Paws Wander EmptyTue Aug 14, 2018 7:34 am

Amberkit quickly turned her head to the sound of a voice that spoke to her, wanting to take a few paces back but feeling frozen with surprise; she looked at the newly-appeared she-cat who smelled strongly of herbs and thought, This must be our Medicine Cat. Amberkit mewed quietly in response, ducking her dark eyes away quickly, "I'm Amberkit." She was shy and timid, and had been the most submissive and cooperative kit in the nursery since birth - it couldn't be helped.

As her eyes lifted upward again, Amberkit spotted the small pile of yellow flowers which the other she-cat had been looming over and sorting through. The kit mewed, "What are those flowers?" Having tested the water, suddenly the questions came spilling out. "What's your name? Are you the Medicine Cat? Do you live here? Do you hunt, or fight? Does StarClan talk to you? Did you wanna be a Medicine Cat when you were a kit?"

The she-kit hesitated, then mumbled, "I bet it's easier to hunt herbs than to fight." Amberkit hadn't had much luck with her fighting skills so far. Despite that she only practiced on moss and other kits, she always felt clunky and awkward in her movements. However, her moment of being disheartened passed and she only stared up at the medicine cat with wide, curious amber eyes.

Clovertwist the Loner
WindClan ex-Warrior
{ #5F9EA0 }
Barleytuft of StarClan
WindClan Warrior
{ #DA8F6F }
Marmalade the Kittypet
ex-SkyClan Medicine Cat
{ #C1550A }
Dacedream of StarClan
ThunderClan Warrior
{ #808000 }
Summer the Loner
gay drifter
{ #E86375 }
(Not Pictured: Frogmarsh of ShadowClan; Lightstep of RiverClan; Mottledspark of RiverClan)

Back to top Go down
Drippy

Drippy

Sagittarius Monkey

PostSubject: Re: [closed] Little Paws Wander   [closed] Little Paws Wander EmptyTue Aug 14, 2018 8:30 pm

Mintwhisker chuckled at the kit's wonder, her friendly smile growing as she began to ask question after question. Although Oceanlight and Rabbitfoot had promptly removed both Fernpetal and herself when they first visited the den, Mintwhisker found that she quite liked having company, and was more than happy to answer Amberkit's questions. "Well," She began, shifting her paws. "For starters, the herbs I'm sorting right now are dandelion flowers. They smell funny, don't they?" She purred, turning to glance at the flowers before turning her attention back to the golden kit. "My name is Mintwhisker, and yes, I am a Medicine Cat." Although she had been timid at first, Mintwhisker could tell that Amberkit would grow into a bolder she-cat as she aged, just as the taupe Medicine Cat had.

"I don't hunt or fight, although I know how. I live right here in this den, and yes, sometimes Starclan gives me special messages in my dreams. It sounds crazy, I know, but it's true."
The she-kit's last question made the short she-cat frown for a moment. "Believe it or not, I had no idea that the life of a Medicine Cat was even an option for me. I thought I would grow up and become a warrior just like everyone else. But one day, Crowstar woke me up and informed me that I was going to be Skyclan's next Medicine Cat. One thing lead to another, and well... I could tell I wasn't the best hunter or fighter, and I got no real joy out of either of those. I much preferred to help others and collect things." The young Skyclanner stretched, eyeing Amberkit curiously. "I bet it's easier to hunt herbs than to fight."

"It really depends on the type of cat you are. If you like hunting or fighting, I'm sure it'll be much easier for you than looking for, gathering, and sorting herbs. Do you like fighting, Amberkit?"

Former Staff
sumashira

Cancer Pig

PostSubject: Re: [closed] Little Paws Wander   [closed] Little Paws Wander EmptyThu Aug 16, 2018 2:46 pm

Amberkit listened intently as the medicine cat spoke, the kit's dark amber eyes wide with fascination as the she-cat's words rolled over her ears. Amberkit looked again at the "dandelions", as they were called, and nodded as she mewed, "They do smell funny! Sort of... dusty. But also planty. Planty-dusty." Her eyes remained wide as she stared at the plants for a moment longer. What are they for? Is that what I tasted in my dream? She sniffed towards them softly, but her kitten senses were still a little overwhelmed.

She turned her eyes to Mintwhisker then, surprised to know that the medicine cat knew how to hunt and fight. Didn't StarClan want her to focus on herbs and healing? What if Mintwhisker got hurt - who would care for the Clan if the medicine cat were unable to? Amberkit was in awe of the older cat's tale. Could leaders just choose medicine cats like that? But if Mintwhisker wasn't good at hunting or fighting then it was the leader's duty to make sure she could still help her Clan, right? Or had Mintwhisker been chosen all along?

Mintwhisker's question made Amberkit hesitate. She looked down to her light-colored toes, her eyes swirling with uncertainty. "Well, I... I mean, I'm supposed to. I'm going to be a warrior, but... no... Not really." She scuffed a small paw on the ground as she mumbled, "I don't want to hurt anyone, and it doesn't feel right fighting my Clanmates." The orange tabby slowly lifted her eyes, leaning to try to look past Mintwhisker into the dark of the cave where other strong herb scents came spilling out.

"My momma says I learn quick and that I'll get the hang of fighting in no time once I'm apprenticed," Amberkit added, though her tone was now rather detached as she stared into the herb store. She was only repeating what her mother had told her. Amberkit licked her lips again, for a moment she thought she could smell the sweet herb again. She looked back to Mintwhisker, wondering if the medicine cat would tell her the same thing her mother had. Mintwhisker would know!

Clovertwist the Loner
WindClan ex-Warrior
{ #5F9EA0 }
Barleytuft of StarClan
WindClan Warrior
{ #DA8F6F }
Marmalade the Kittypet
ex-SkyClan Medicine Cat
{ #C1550A }
Dacedream of StarClan
ThunderClan Warrior
{ #808000 }
Summer the Loner
gay drifter
{ #E86375 }

Back to top Go down
Drippy

Drippy

Sagittarius Monkey

PostSubject: Re: [closed] Little Paws Wander   [closed] Little Paws Wander EmptyFri Aug 17, 2018 7:50 pm

Mintwhisker chuckled, her tail-tip twitching. Amberkit certainly was something. The taupe she-cat found that she enjoyed her company; her curiosity and playfulness made the den seem lighter. Not for the last time, Mintwhisker found herself wondering what would've happened if she had been a mother. Not like it was possible, but... She sighed, almost wistfully. Luckily, Amberkit piped up again, distracted her from thinking about... that. She shook herself, focusing on the kit as she spoke.
"Does she?" She mewed, her voice trailing off as thoughts began filling her brain. "You don't have to be a good fighter, dear. No matter what your mother says. Besides, some cats are better suited for-" The she-cat cut herself off suddenly, eyeing the golden she-kit with a curious murky green gaze. Was she...? No, it was far too soon... she would have to wait and see. Now that she thought about it, Amberkit was nearly apprentice-age.

"-Other jobs." She finished. "Although you certainly seem like a fast learner."

Former Staff
sumashira

Cancer Pig

PostSubject: Re: [closed] Little Paws Wander   [closed] Little Paws Wander EmptySun Aug 19, 2018 7:30 am

Amberkit felt her fur bristle with surprise when Mintwhisker commented that she didn't have to be a good fighter. The medicine cat hadn't quite agreed with Amberkit's mother, but she hadn't really disagreed either. She mentioned "other jobs", though hesitantly. The little orange tabby found herself shifting nervously under Mintwhisker's searching green gaze. Had she done something wrong?

Still, the kit couldn't bite back the curiosity that had started to make her stomach flutter. What "other jobs" could she be referring to? Amberkit glanced over her shoulder to the camp outside the den, wondering when her mother would be looking for her. Not yet! Amberkit hoped. She turned her attention back to Mintwhisker and mewed, "I try to learn fast. Momma says anyone would be lucky to be my mentor."

Amberkit, however, wasn't convinced that she'd be lucky to have just anyone as her mentor. "Who was your mentor?" the she-kit asked curiously. "Did you like them? What's it like to be a medicine cat apprentice? Was it hard?"

Clovertwist the Loner
WindClan ex-Warrior
{ #5F9EA0 }
Barleytuft of StarClan
WindClan Warrior
{ #DA8F6F }
Marmalade the Kittypet
ex-SkyClan Medicine Cat
{ #C1550A }
Dacedream of StarClan
ThunderClan Warrior
{ #808000 }
Summer the Loner
gay drifter
{ #E86375 }

Back to top Go down
Drippy

Drippy

Sagittarius Monkey

PostSubject: Re: [closed] Little Paws Wander   [closed] Little Paws Wander EmptyMon Aug 20, 2018 11:02 pm

Mintwhisker rolled her shoulders, glancing at the bright world that lay just outside her den. Mentors... the short-legged she-cat nearly laughed as a wave of memories, dim from age, bubbled up from the back of her mind. Time spent hopping from footprint to footprint in snow stacked higher than her head. The confused smile that spread so easily on her face whenever Dandeliondapple laughed at her kit-like antics. The evenings spent in camp, nestled against her chest and sharing tongues with her sister while Dandeliondapple and Fernpetal's mentor gossiped.
"Oh yes..." Mintwhisker brought herself back with a few words. "Before I became a Medicine Cat apprentice, I was apprenticed to a great warrior by the name of Dandeliondapple. She was the adopted daughter of Rippedstar, just like I was. I looked up to her a great deal. As for my Medicine Cat training..."

Her time spent as a Medicine Cat apprentice had been very different. It was hours in the Windclan Medicine Den, memorizing herbs and their uses. It was the stress of helping Goldeneye deal with her many sick and injured patients in Riverclan's borders. It was Nettlesting's chiding voice when she failed to answer his complicated questions in time, and it was days of work helping Mapleleaf find herbs beneath the melting snow.
But that wasn't all of it. Her apprenticehood had also been spent leaning against Goldeneye as they watched the rain pour, safe in the shelter of the Riverclanner's den. Forgetting the studying and playing with Featherlight in Windclan's flower-dotted territory, and, on warmer nights, listening to Nettlesting and Mapleleaf tell stories beneath the star-lit sky.
"It was wonderful." She stirred, wrapping her tail around her paws. "And difficult. But it was much more than that. Some of the best days of my life were spent as a Medicine Cat apprentice. I'm not sure others would say the same, but I'm happy with where I am. I don't regret the choice I made in the slightest."
Yes, Mintwhisker was certain now. She didn't know how or why she had reached this conclusion, but something in her heart stirred. Yes, it was time, and she had finally found the one. This wasn't a rushed decision, as it had been with Honeypaw. She was ready, and so was the golden she-kit in front of her.
"Why don't you run along, Amberkit. I have herbs to sort, and I'm sure there's plenty more to do out there in the sun."

Former Staff
sumashira

Cancer Pig

PostSubject: Re: [closed] Little Paws Wander   [closed] Little Paws Wander EmptyTue Aug 21, 2018 9:08 am

Amberkit watched Mintwhisker curiously as the medicine cat considered her answer. When finally the she-cat replied, Amberkit burst out, "You were going to be a warrior?" The small orange kit was surprised to hear that; surely medicine cats had to be chosen as kits? But Mintwhisker was wonderful, and if Crowstar had chosen her and StarClan had approved her, then her training as a warrior prior must not be important to her rank. Amberkit couldn't imagine it would be dangerous for a medicine cat to know how to fight. After all, medicine cats were meant to keep their Clan safe.

Amberkit listened eagerly to Mintwhisker's feelings about her training. Is it more difficult to heal sick cats and find herbs than to hunt and fight? the she-kit wondered. Maybe that explains why everyone wants to be a warrior. After a few more moments, Mintwhisker suggested she run along. Amberkit stood and mewed, feeling somewhat disappointed, "Oh, okay." Her sadness didn't last long, however, as she turned, tail up, and sprang out of the medicine cat's den. Mintwhisker was right - it was a lovely day to play! "Bye, Mintwhisker! See you later!"

Clovertwist the Loner
WindClan ex-Warrior
{ #5F9EA0 }
Barleytuft of StarClan
WindClan Warrior
{ #DA8F6F }
Marmalade the Kittypet
ex-SkyClan Medicine Cat
{ #C1550A }
Dacedream of StarClan
ThunderClan Warrior
{ #808000 }
Summer the Loner
gay drifter
{ #E86375 }

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [closed] Little Paws Wander   [closed] Little Paws Wander Empty

Back to top Go down

[closed] Little Paws Wander
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warrior Clan Cats :: Areas of the Forest :: SkyClan Camp :: SkyClan Medicine Den-
Jump to: