Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Sins to confess (Closed, needs Jaystar)

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Cays
Former Staff
Former Staff
Cays

Characters : Kestrelkit (SkC) | Marshkit (SC)
Aquarius Horse
Number of posts : 2452

Sins to confess (Closed, needs Jaystar) Empty
PostSubject: Sins to confess (Closed, needs Jaystar)   Sins to confess (Closed, needs Jaystar) EmptyMon 6 Aug 2018 - 13:12

Returning to camp felt should have felt like returning home. It should have felt warm and inviting... but Dewshine felt none of that right now. Not with the ginger tom at her heels. She looked around, wary over who might see her as she slunk over to the leader's den with a sense of purpose, but also fear. The one that said she might be rejected, that her clan would not only approve of Gingerstripe's joining the clan... but also... what she had done. Her eyes turned over to Goldeneye's den briefly. The medicine cat was kind, stern but... she paused, then pushed forward. Unwilling to bother the she-cat with her problem.

What if StarClan had told Goldeneye not to accept Gingerstripe? That his changes didn't matter... that their family didn't matter. She pushed back the unease as they reached the leader's den and she tried to sound confident as she called in.
"Jaystar? Scorchclaw? I ... I need to speak to you, and I need you to meet a friend." She called out, trying to be careful with her words. If she outright called him her mate on the first call, the entire clan would probably hear the word immediately. Snooping little ears of apprentices usually honed in on that sort of thing. Invited or not.

Ash
Former Staff
Former Staff
Ash

Characters : Living: Perchstar [P], Bubblebeam [B], Dovetail [D], Hedgepaw [H], Larchpaw [L]. Deceased/Missing: Tansyfoot, Turtlepelt, Morning, Longwhisker, Ryestep, Poolmist, Nettletail, Halfmoon, Freckleface, Lionfur, Shimmerheart, Breezewhisker, Honeydrop, Ashstar, Snowpaw, Brushgaze (NPC), Shellwater, Snowblossom, Quailfeather, Gingerstripe, Carat, Redwing, Graybriar, Pricklebush, Appledapple, Flutterpetal, Felix.
Clan/Rank : [P]: RiverClan Leader. [B]: SkyClan T3 Warrior. [D]: RiverClan T3 Warrior. [H]: ShadowClan Apprentice. [L]: WindClan Apprentice.
Cancer Snake
Number of posts : 6713

PostSubject: Re: Sins to confess (Closed, needs Jaystar)   Sins to confess (Closed, needs Jaystar) EmptyMon 6 Aug 2018 - 14:06

Gingerstripe padded carefully behind Dewshine, green eyes taking in the unfamiliarness of RiverClan camp. Although it was very different from his former home, it also brought back a harsh gust of nostalgia, seeing a nursery with small kits and an elders' den and a pile of fresh-kill that was, of course, mostly inhabited by fish. A large den, with warrior-sized nests filled with grasses and feathers, beckoned to his lonely heart and weary paws. He closely followed the she-cat in front of him, however, knowing that this would only be his home if he could manage to convince Jaystar to let him stay. Hopefully, he would be better than Littlestar and Blizzardstar had been. He nudged the side of his mate's flank to give her courage as her voice faltered, knowing that she would need to do the talking at first, as a RiverClan warrior... a RiverClan queen.

⸙ Larchpaw ⸙ ~ ☆ Perchstar ☆ ~ ♡ Hedgepaw ♡ ~ ◈ Dovetail ◈ ~ ○ Bubblebeam ○
⸙ WindClan ⸙ ~ ☆ RiverClan ☆ ~ ♡ ShadowClan ♡ ~ ◈ RiverClan ◈ ~ ○ SkyClan ○
⸙ Apprentice ⸙ ~ ☆ Tier 5 Leader ☆ ~ ♡ Apprentice ♡ ~ ◈ Tier 3 Warrior ◈ ~ ○ Tier 3 Warrior ○

~~PM me here or on Discord if you want a topic with any of my cats!~~
~Wonderful Signature by Xaandiir!~
Back to top Go down
Jay Bird
Former Staff
Former Staff
Jay Bird

Characters : [F] Fernpaw ; [O] Oakpaw
Clan/Rank : [F] Windclan ; [O] Riverclan
Pisces Dragon
Number of posts : 4009

PostSubject: Re: Sins to confess (Closed, needs Jaystar)   Sins to confess (Closed, needs Jaystar) EmptyMon 6 Aug 2018 - 20:07

The leader perked his long, tufted ears at the call of his name. His green eyes gazed at the incoming she-cat and at first, he walked to her with a gentle smile, thinking that she wanted to talk about patrols or something like that. Usual clan stuff. But when he looked at the ginger fur of an unknown cat, his smile disappeared.

Jaystar flinched, his eyes fixed on the stranger behind Dewshine. What was he doing here? Why did Dewshine bring him here, to their home? The tall tom walked to her with serious eyes and a harsher expression than before. The leader passed by his deputy and he touched him with his tail, calling for his attention. "Scorchclaw, come with me and keep the rest of our clanmates out of this." He mewed only to him before making his way to the two cats.

This newcomer didn't smell like any clan. He smelled like nothing. A rogue? A kittypet? "Dewshine... Who is this... rogue?" He said in a low, deep voice as he gazed at the other cat with distrust. Just like his mother, he wasn't a cat who trusted in outsiders so easily and this cat didn't look like a clan cat at all. However, he did notice that the ginger-furred tom didn't come in with an aggressive behaviour. But he couldn't trust him only for that.

Jaystar lashed his tail quickly as he turned his sight back to the she-cat. "Let's talk in my den, now." He ordered plainly as he walked to his lonely home.

Oaksoul of Riverclan ↠↠ Tier 2 Warrior ↠↠ #3333cc
Ferntwist of Windclan ↠↠ Tier 1 Warrior ↠↠ #0099cc
Sins to confess (Closed, needs Jaystar) Signat14
Back to top Go down
Transient

Transient

Characters : [B]eetlekit, Torrentstar, Tigerleaf, Hailpaw, Mao
Clan/Rank : [B] RiverClan
Virgo Goat
Number of posts : 1444

PostSubject: Re: Sins to confess (Closed, needs Jaystar)   Sins to confess (Closed, needs Jaystar) EmptyTue 7 Aug 2018 - 1:44

Like Jaystar, Scorchclaw had been alerted to the presence of the stranger in RiverClan's camp. He responded to the leader's instructions with a sharp nod. A couple of apprentices had already gathered at the entrance of the Apprentice Den, their bright eyes curiously regarding the unknown tom. Even from this distance, he could hear their not too inconspicuous "whispering." "Go back inside." The fluffy deputy ordered them with a strict tone, "This is not your business." With a sweeping glance around the clearing for other prying eyes, he approached the trio of cats.

His pale green gaze was abnormally cold. The unfamiliar tom's scent was unlike that of any clan. As far as he could tell, the tom did not seem to hold any hostile intentions. However, that still did not give Scorchclaw any reason to trust him. What was Dewshine thinking, leading this outsider into their camp? He expected an answer, but somehow he had the feeling that it wouldn't be one to his liking.

Once they had entered into Jaystar's den, Scorchclaw rounded on the pale-furred she-cat. "What is the meaning of this?" He growled, not bothering to hide the displeasure in his voice.
Back to top Go down
Cays
Former Staff
Former Staff
Cays

Aquarius Horse

PostSubject: Re: Sins to confess (Closed, needs Jaystar)   Sins to confess (Closed, needs Jaystar) EmptyTue 7 Aug 2018 - 20:07

Dewshine met her leader's smile with one of her own, until it faded and all at once the reality settled in of what she was doing. Perhaps this was the wrong way to do it... maybe she should have asked Jaystar to meet them both at the beech copse. Her blue eyes flicked guiltily at the question. He was her friend, the father to her kits... her mate. Still, she felt herself balk at the words when his tone lowered. She glanced at Gingerstripe, his orange and white pelt stuck out like a sore claw. Yet... she set her jaw and lifted her head. Ears tipped slightly back were the only sign of her fear as she took a deep steadying breath and followed Jaystar into his den.

She glanced up as Scorchclaw arrived, her tail flicked gratefully at the thought of not being interrupted as she nodded respectfully to him. The displeasure in his voice was enough to make her wince, but she pressed on before she lost the courage to do so.
"This is Gingerstripe. He wants to join our clan..." She explained cutting straight to the heart of the matter. The idea of dancing around it played in her head, but it felt like it would be more aggrivation then it was worth. She looked at Jaystar with guilt in her blue eyes, but not regret. In her entire posture, the one thing she didn't show was regret. "as my mate."

Ash
Former Staff
Former Staff
Ash

Characters : Living: Perchstar [P], Bubblebeam [B], Dovetail [D], Hedgepaw [H], Larchpaw [L]. Deceased/Missing: Tansyfoot, Turtlepelt, Morning, Longwhisker, Ryestep, Poolmist, Nettletail, Halfmoon, Freckleface, Lionfur, Shimmerheart, Breezewhisker, Honeydrop, Ashstar, Snowpaw, Brushgaze (NPC), Shellwater, Snowblossom, Quailfeather, Gingerstripe, Carat, Redwing, Graybriar, Pricklebush, Appledapple, Flutterpetal, Felix.
Clan/Rank : [P]: RiverClan Leader. [B]: SkyClan T3 Warrior. [D]: RiverClan T3 Warrior. [H]: ShadowClan Apprentice. [L]: WindClan Apprentice.
Cancer Snake

PostSubject: Re: Sins to confess (Closed, needs Jaystar)   Sins to confess (Closed, needs Jaystar) EmptyWed 8 Aug 2018 - 11:49

Gingerstripe's heart sank at the looks on both leader and deputy's faces, frowns and untrusting glares directed at him. What if Jaystar was no better than the others? What if they rejected him without even hearing him out? What if- what if they threw Dewshine out, too? The idea of any leader being hard-hearted enough to exile a pregnant she-cat was enough to make the tom's blood boil, but he had more pressing problems at hand. "What-ifs" wouldn't help anyone and he wasn't going to waste time on them- not while there was still a chance for this to go as they had planned. So the thin ginger tom followed his mate into the leader's den, posture high, green eyes full of determination, but also respect. He noticed the fear in Dewshine's eyes, and nudged her supportively as she began to talk, getting straight to the point. Hearing the word "mate" coming from the mouth of the she-cat he loved above all others... Despite their situation, it still gave him a light and fluttery feeling inside. But as she finished after the brief sentence, he realized that he probably ought to do the brunt of the talking.

Though he felt truly uncomfortable before these two cats he had never before seen- Jaystar as a deputy when he was younger, maybe- the former ShadowClan loner didn't let his posture give away any of the discomfort he was feeling, only showing deep respect to a cat who held the position of leader and who may, if they were lucky, actually have a true sense of justice. "What Dewshine says is true, Jaystar," he meowed simply, green eyes meeting the RiverClan tom's, gaze flitting from deputy back to leader. "I love Dewshine, and she loves me. She is... she is carrying my kits, Jaystar. I don't want our children to be without a father." He turned with concern back to his mate, before looking back at the tom he was addressing. "Though that really isn't even half of the story, it is the most important part. But you need to know that I wasn't always a rogue. I used to be... I used to be a Clan cat, a ShadowClan cat. You've probably heard my name before, since you were Ivystar's deputy, but I think most cats- even my family- think I'm dead now." He took a deep breath, then raised his haunted green gaze to meet Jaystar's eyes. "My name is Gingerstripe."

⸙ Apprentice ⸙ ~ ☆ Tier 5 Leader ☆ ~ ♡ Apprentice ♡ ~ ◈ Tier 3 Warrior ◈ ~ ○ Tier 3 Warrior ○

Back to top Go down
Jay Bird
Former Staff
Former Staff
Jay Bird

Pisces Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Sins to confess (Closed, needs Jaystar)   Sins to confess (Closed, needs Jaystar) EmptyWed 8 Aug 2018 - 14:05

The leader’s glares were directed to Dewshine when she spoke and he couldn’t believe it she would mate a rogue.. an outsider with no clan origins. However, he did notice that his name wasn’t the one of a rogue. He actually had the name of a warrior and his doubts were resolved when the ginger tom took his chance to talk.

Unlike Gingerstripe’s worries, he was willing to listen to their story even if he wasn’t the type of leader that accepted everyone in his clan, like Leopardstar. What he heard was better than his initial thoughts but it was not a good thing. The rules of the clan. stated that mating or being nice with a rogue, even if he was a former warrior, was wrong because a warrior’s loyalty should stay in the clan. But, at the same time, he couldn’t help to remember that he also had committed a sin. Goldeneye was part of the clan, a pure-blooded Riverclan warrior but she was a medicine cat and she took him as her mate. The crime wasn’t the same but it was similar and he understood that love could make cats act in irrational ways. But it was still no excuse.

Gingerstripe... The name indeed remembered the occasion when the former medicine cat of Shadowclan entered the camp warning them about an exiled warrior of them because of... murder. If he was the same one, he couldn’t risk sheltering a killer... just like he did with Shade and now many of his clanmates were scared and wounded. Jaystar stepped forward to both of them.

First, he glanced at the she-cat. ”Dewshine... what you did is against the Code you swore to defend and follow yet I know that you didn’t do this to hurt your clan or your clanmates. These kits... your kits don’t deserve to live as outsiders because of this, away from the clan of their ancestors but I cannot do anything about this. You will be forced to stay in the camp aiding the elders and helping in the medicine cat den while you still can move before the birth." The leader took a deep breath before continuing. It was not the first time he had to deal with a crime like this. "I don’t want to exile you... not because of this. However, you will have to prove your loyalty to Riverclan over this relationship and your own kin. You will have to gain my trust and the trust of your clanmates and until then, you won’t be going to the next two Gatherings with the rest of the clan. If I sense any trace of disloyalty because of this... love, then you will be exiled with him." He stated, satisfied with his resolution. Dewshine was a gentle and good warrior. Riverclan didn’t have to suffer more losses.

”Now, about you...” He looked at the tom, making a sign with his tail to Dewshine so she could step away from him. ”I have a few questions for you. I think I know why you’re not in Shadowclan anymore but I want to hear it out from your own mouth. Why did Littlestar exile you? If what I think of you is true, I wouldn’t like to risk the life and well-being of my clanmates. How can you assure me that you have changed enough to search for redemption here?” He inquired with sharp green eyes.

Last edited by Jay Bird on Fri 10 Aug 2018 - 3:44; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Transient

Transient

Virgo Goat

PostSubject: Re: Sins to confess (Closed, needs Jaystar)   Sins to confess (Closed, needs Jaystar) EmptyFri 10 Aug 2018 - 2:07

Just as he had expected, what Dewshine had to say wasn't anything good. The fact that she had mated with a rogue didn't surprise him as much he would have thought it would. Dewshine had always been soft. She was quick to forgive, and from his point of view, too friendly with the enemy. The incident between the she-cat and Silverfang over Flamepaw had made that clear enough to him. For StarClan's sake, she had actually tried to teach a prisoner to swim! Nevertheless, he had still put faith in her and made her Flurrypaw's mentor. Now she had gone and broken the Warrior Code. Not only was she brazenly admitting to her crime, she was actually asking that her mate be allowed to join RiverClan. Even though he had known that she was soft, Scorchclaw still felt a great anger. If he had any less self-control, he would have already clawed the warrior for her audacity. Instead, his glare contained enough fury to burn a tree or two down.

Scorchclaw had been ignoring Gingerstripe until the moment when he spoke up. As a warrior of RiverClan, Dewshine was the one who bore the greater responsibility. Hearing the unfamiliar tom's declaration of love for Dewshine made him want to scoff. However, the next words caused his eyes to narrow. It had occurred to him that "Gingerstripe" was not a normal name for a rogue, and that turned out to be spot on. He wasn't just some random tom; he was an exiled clan cat. That definitely didn't make things any better. The fluffy deputy didn't believe that Littlestar or Magpiestar would just exile a warrior for no good reason. He shot Jaystar a glance. Unlike his leader, he had not seen or heard of the former ShadowClan warrior before(?).

It was not Scorchclaw's place to overrule Jaystar's decision regarding Dewshine. However, that did not mean he had nothing to say. "Have you no pride as a RiverClan warrior?" He snarled at the she-cat. "Taking a mate outside of your clan is against the Warrior Code. Knowing that, you still come here asking that he be allowed into RiverClan. I was willing to think that you were just kind, not a code-breaking traitor.  How are you different from Sweet? Your kits are the only ones who are innocent in this. They do not deserve to suffer the consequences of their parents' actions." Green eyes glittering coldly, he finished, "I will see to it that Flurrypaw is assigned a better mentor."

B-but there's no better mentor for Flurrypaw then Dewshine!
Back to top Go down
Cays
Former Staff
Former Staff
Cays

Aquarius Horse

PostSubject: Re: Sins to confess (Closed, needs Jaystar)   Sins to confess (Closed, needs Jaystar) EmptyFri 10 Aug 2018 - 8:15

The silver furred warrior lowered her head respectfully when Jaystar looked at her. She couldn't help but be a little relieved to know her kits wouldn't be ones to bare the consequences of this. The idea of having to stay in camp during her pregnancy wasn't a bad one. She'd be safe there, and helping the medicine cat was hardly a punishment she could complain about. The idea of being exiled sent a tremble of fear down her spine, but she looked at Jaystar with understanding. She could do it. Her love for Gingerstripe didn't mean she couldn't be loyal. She had been loyal in every way besides their relationship, so why would it?

Her head turned sharply to Scorchclaw as he spoke far less kindly. Her blue eyes narrowed at his snarling tone as she pressed her pelt subconciously closer to Gingerstripe for a second before she stepped forward towards him in an attempt to merely stand her ground. The comparison to Sweet made her ache for the she-cat who had also been gentle until her exile.
"Sweet never confessed." Dewshine mewed simply, then flicked her tail in a gesture towards the clan "She never told anyone, not even her kits. I admit, that I have been dishonest in taking Gingerstripe as my mate, but I will not make my kits bare the fate of not knowing their father." Her heart dropped to hear that Flurrypaw was going to be taken away as punishment.

Her first apprentice, and she had failed her so badly. She hoped the white she-cat could forgive her in the future. Her head turned to Jaystar, but not to appeal the apprentice's removal. As painful as it was, she did perhaps deserve it, and if she couldn't leave camp, how was she to train her?

Ash
Former Staff
Former Staff
Ash

Cancer Snake

PostSubject: Re: Sins to confess (Closed, needs Jaystar)   Sins to confess (Closed, needs Jaystar) EmptyFri 10 Aug 2018 - 11:49

Gingerstripe wanted with all his heart to argue against the harshness of Dewshine's punishment, plead for a less strict sentence, but he knew that he wasn't in any kind of position to demand anything from the leader, no matter how unreasonable the sentence was. At least Jaystar seemed kinder and more inclined towards mercy than the deputy.... So, he just gritted his teeth and was silent, until it was his turn to speak. And when it was, he knew that he'd have to speak well, because his future- and possibly Dewshine's, and his kits'- was at stake. He rubbed his pelt against his mate's, then stood up. It was his turn to speak. His eyes were filled with determination as he looked at the leader. "My story is a long one," he told Jaystar, knowing that it was the leader and not the deputy who made the decision. "It has been many moons since my exile, and even more since the reason for it. But I promise that everything I'm going to tell you is the truth."

The loner closed his eyes, took a deep breath, and began his life story. Even Dewshine's didn't know many of these details. "I was born a ShadowClan cat, and I had a normal life- or so I thought. I was told my whole life that my mother was Littlebrook, a respected senior warrior, and my father was Flamestrike, another honored warrior who had rescued the Clan from many threats, despite his rogue blood. My brother, Firestone, and I loved our family, and didn't wish for anything more. We were ignorant, but we were happy. Then, when we were young warriors, our father died- sickness took him while he was an elder, retired due to a tragic hunting accident. That same day, Magpiestar called a Clan meeting." The tom's long, thin tail curled tightly around his paws, showing his discomfort in recalling the memories. "He said that there was a traitor among us, one who had broken the code by which we all lived. Our medicine cat, Honeydrop, had done a horrible thing- she fell in love, and had kits. Two kits, to be exact. Flamestrike and Littlebrook, the deputy, had lied to us all our lives, until the day our father died, when he had confessed to the leader without a thought for its consequences. Honeydrop was our mother. Our entire life had been built off a lie... and our very existence broke the warrior code that we loved."

Gingerstripe raised his eyes to look straight at Jaystar, pain glittering within his deep green gaze. "For what she had done, Honeydrop was exiled from the Clan. With her last words as she left, she said that she loved us. Firestone and I were swallowed deep into grief and anger and confusion. Littlebrook had had no punishment entirely for the lies she had told, and with the medicine cat gone, my brother and I were the only remnants of the scandal. None of our Clanmates would ever see us the same again. I didn't know what to do... all I knew was that I wanted, needed, more information. I had to know why Honeydrop had broken the code, why she had lied to us all... if she truly did love us. So I slipped away that night, following my mother's trail. I found her sitting by the Thunderpath, uncertain of where to go... and we talked." The tom's muscles were tense as he continued. "As we talked, my temper began to raise. This she-cat had ruined my life, and my brother's life, and she couldn't give me any satisfactory answers as to why. We began to argue. At the height of our argument, forgetting where we were, I shoved her away from me. She fell onto the Thunderpath, just as a monster rushed by. It hit her. She... didn't survive."

Though he wished he could stop, the tabby tom continued speaking, voice trembling as he recalled painful memories. "I returned to camp, horrified at what had happened. I didn't tell anyone. I didn't think I should- firstly because everyone would have trusted me even less, maybe even exiled me as well- but also because she had broken the code. Besides, who would believe me that it was an accident? I was terrified of myself, but I continued living, for moons. I had a family there in ShadowClan- I had a mate there, who died shortly afterward, and two kits, as well as my brother and his family. It was us against the world, and as moons passed without incident, and the scandal faded from everyone's minds, I began to relax. Maybe, just maybe, I could live a normal life, despite my parents... despite my accident." Those days he had been full of hope, full of foolish hope. It was painful to remember.

"Then, one day, soon after my pretend mother Littlebrook became Littlestar, our new medicine cat- a hot-headed young tom named Nettlesting, who had only just received his full name- came racing back into camp from the Moonstone, and called a meeting on his own. Everyone was surprised, and worried. Nettlesting went on to declare that Honeydrop had appeared in his dreams and told him that she had been murdered- murdered by her own son. By me." A shudder ran down the loner's spine as he forced himself to keep talking. "My Clanmates, even my family, turned on me immediately. I tried to defend myself, to tell them what really happened, but nobody believed me. Just because of Nettlesting's position, everyone took him at his word, despite the fact that some moons ago everyone else had hated Honeydrop for what she had done.... My daughters and my brother turned their backs on me, as well as my mentor and every other one of my Clanmates.... Littlestar, the she-cat who had raised me and called herself my mother, exiled me on the spot. Because of an accident many moons ago, I had been cast out from my Clan, from my home. Nettlesting proceeded to then race around the territories, telling every leader of every Clan how I was dangerous and not to be trusted, since I had murdered a medicine cat." Gingerstripe's voice became bitter. "No one cared that it was an accident. No one cared that Honeydrop had been exiled herself, that she had broken the code. All they cared was that I had been named as a murderer, and since a medicine cat had said it, it was obviously true. I searched for a home, but not even ThunderClan was willing to take me in. So I lived as a loner, completely despairing of my life, often wishing I was dead. I had no purpose, I just existed... hating myself for the mistakes I had made. Until, moons later... I met Dewshine."

He turned to his mate, his eyes softening slightly from the bitterness and pain they'd held as his story continued. "I accidentally came onto RiverClan territory, running from a patrol of WindClan cats when I'd tried to get back to the Abandoned Barn where I was staying. I didn't know where I was, or how to get back. Luckily for me, I ran into Dewshine, who was understandably suspicious but was kind enough to give me directions back to the Barn. Before I left, I ended up telling her who I was, why I was living as a loner. And she... she forgave me for my mistakes." A soft smile, one that hadn't been on his face since he stepped into RiverClan camp, touched Gingerstripe's mouth. He turned back to Jaystar, meeting his gaze fully. "This she-cat, who barely knew me, found it in herself to believe me- the only cat who had ever believed that I hadn't meant to kill Honeydrop. It was... it meant more to me than I could say. I left the territory then, after we'd talked for a little while, but we continued to meet- and, eventually, realized that we loved each other. When I found out that she was carrying my kits, I knew that I had to try and make her life easier- that it would be hard for her to continue trying to live a double life, raising her kits without a father. I knew that I had to try and carry her burden, and- perhaps, if StarClan hadn't truly forgotten me- maybe, after all these moons, I could have a home again." Green eyes full of hope, instead of the sadness and agony that his tale bore, he continued to look at the leader, begging him to at least consider letting him into RiverClan. "You have every right not to trust me, as I know you don't. You can make me an apprentice, have me stay in camp and help the elders, whatever you want. Just... please... let me be with my mate and kits. Let me at least have a family, if not truly a Clan. Let me be with Dewshine, and I promise, my loyalty will lie with RiverClan forever."

Back to top Go down
Jay Bird
Former Staff
Former Staff
Jay Bird

Pisces Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Sins to confess (Closed, needs Jaystar)   Sins to confess (Closed, needs Jaystar) EmptySun 12 Aug 2018 - 13:36

Jaystar perked his ears with interest when his deputy spoke. He did not stop him from punishing Dewshine by taking her apprentice, Flurrypaw. He agreed with him in that and if he recalled clearly, he did the same to his own mentor, Sweetheart. Thanks to that, it seemed that the tom had developed a strong sense of loyalty to the Code and the clan but he feared that maybe he could turn into a narrow-minded cat who couldn't see more than rules and a black and white world. But, that was a thing to discuss later.

The leader turned his attention to Gingerstripe, ignoring the glance that Dewshine gave him. He listened with an emotionless expression, not even flinching at the similar situation of Honeydrop and Flamestrike with his own with Goldeneye. However, it was different in some way and they both made decisions that clearly influenced both of their kits in bad ways because of all of their lies. They were selfish in Jaystar's eyes. Honeydrop never confessed until it was impossible to keep hiding and Flamestrike only said the truth when he was on the edge of dying. He wasn't planning on doing the same with his kits.

When he told him everything, the murder, how he lived afterwards, his exile and how he got to know Dewshine, he found himself with a resolution. Once the tom was done talking, Jaystar lashed his tail, asking for the silence of everyone inside his den. He looked with piercing green eyes into the emerald gaze of the miserable tom but as he saw him and thought of his forbidden romance with one of his clanmates, he remembered someone...

He remembered Shade.

Shadefang who was the forbidden kit of the relationship between the Shadowclan deputy and Sweet, the former mentor of Scorchclaw. Just like Gingerstripe, everyone lied to him his whole life and when the truth came out, he killed his mother, just like the tom he had to judge. In both situations... the problem wasn't the fact that their parents' relationship was against the Code but because they lied. The lies and betrayals turned them into murderers with the only difference that the former Riverclan wanted to take revenge on Riverclan and him. But the ginger-furred tom didn't seem to seek for that. Unlike Shade... he was only asking for redemption, forgiveness. Both of them were murderers, code-breakers, but it wasn't entirely their fault.

However... he wasn't a forgiving as Dewshine was. "I heard your story as you asked, Gingerstripe. But I will let you know beforehand that the kindness that Dewshine has given to you and the forgiveness is nothing less than a foolish softness for the outsiders and enemies to me and that is what makes her blind when it comes to seeing the relevance of the rules we have. It's not the first time she has been friendly with cats that she shouldn't. I'm not like her. I will not give you instantaneous forgiveness and you're right. I can't trust you... because I don't know you yet." Even though at first his words sounded harsh and with no room for acceptance, at the end he let a little bit of hope. A hope that he could actually let him stay and see by himself if he was the cat he said to be. But, he didn't want to decide immediately like he did with Dewshine.

The Riverclan leader looked at his deputy. "What do you think, Scorchclaw? What would you do?" This time... he would hear his opinion before coming up with a final resolution: chase him off or let him stay. Either way, Jaystar was going to make sure that the kits won't live with lies like Gingerstripe and Shadefang did. Dishonesty from their family was what destroyed them. These kits won't meet the same fate.

Back to top Go down
Transient

Transient

Virgo Goat

PostSubject: Re: Sins to confess (Closed, needs Jaystar)   Sins to confess (Closed, needs Jaystar) EmptyMon 13 Aug 2018 - 2:12

The small display of affection between Dewshine and Gingerstripe didn't escape Scorchclaw's attention. He narrowed his green eyes, but showed no other reaction. Dewshine's response didn't cause him to hesitate. "That doesn't make much of a difference." He replied coldly. What really mattered was that she had broken the code. Although he could be skeptical of StarClan at times, his faith in the Warrior Code was unshakable. It was what bound each clan together, made them different from common rogues. Each law in it existed for a reason. So what if Dewshine confessed? Granted, her choices were still better than those Sweet had made, but it didn't change the fact that she had broken the code. Perhaps Jaystar had been right when he thought that the incidents of the brown tom's apprenticehood were what had formed these views.

Scorchclaw listened silently as Gingerstripe began to tell his life story. He kept his expression carefully unreadable, although the hostility that radiated out had not really waned. What he heard caused complex emotions to rise within him. However, one impression rose above the rest. What a mess. First, the ShadowClan medicine cat Honeydrop had taken a mate. The kits that came of that forbidden relationship were unaware of their true parentage. Right before he died, Flamestrike finally spilled the truth. Gingerstripe confronted his mother, and in a fit of anger, he killed her. The current ShadowClan leader Littlestar then exiled him. So many secrets. Lies were told one after another, crimes were committed as a result, and then everything was revealed at the worst possible timing. It was, frankly put, rather disgusting. What a mess, all caused because of a romance that should not have existed.

Mild surprise sparked within the fluffy deputy when Jaystar asked his opinion. He approved of his leader's choice not to instantly accept Gingerstripe, but he had not expected to have a say. It was another reminder that he was no longer a mere onlooker in the events of his clan. What did he think? He knew Jaystar would have the final say; the leader's decision was absolute. However, depending on what he said, he might influence the end result. Hesitating, Scorchclaw met Gingerstripe's gaze. He saw the pain and regret reflected in the haunted green eyes. Gingerstripe was a murderer, but it was partly his parents' fault if his story was to be believed. There were also the unborn kits to consider. In the end, he decided. "We know nothing about Gingerstripe. Everything he just told us could be nothing but lies. He said that we can do anything we want. Let him stay for a time period, but during that time, keep him under intense surveillance. If he proves to be even the least bit of a threat, then he will be cast out without a moment's hesitation. After all, the safety of RiverClan comes first." As much as he disliked the idea of an outsider in RiverClan, Scorchclaw wasn't completely heartless. Sensibility whispered against his prejudices; a tiny chance wouldn't hurt. In the end, sensibility won. However, his sharp tone and cold glare made it clear that he would be merciless towards Gingerstripe should anything arise. He wasn't going to trust him anytime soon. If Gingerstripe thought that his sad backstory had softened him, the former warrior was sorely mistaken. Even as he spoke, he wondered if he was really making the right choice. Would he regret this? "Keep him here until he proves to be a danger or you are certain that you now know him." Turning to face Jaystar, he finished, "That's what I would do."
Back to top Go down
Cays
Former Staff
Former Staff
Cays

Aquarius Horse

PostSubject: Re: Sins to confess (Closed, needs Jaystar)   Sins to confess (Closed, needs Jaystar) EmptyMon 13 Aug 2018 - 9:03

Dewshine listened quietly to Gingerstripe's story. A fresh wave of love and support for the tom flooded through her as she realised how hard it must have been to leave it all behind. To be forced to, to have your clan mates staring at you, doubting your loyalty and to just suddenly have the chance to express their anger. She could understand it. It was a horrible accident, but it was an accident.

The silver she-cat couldn't hold back a flinch from Jaystar's words. Dewshine's blue eyes looked down in shame for a couple moments as she regathered her thoughts. She didn't doubt that forgiving Gingerstripe was the right thing to do... but she couldn't help wondering if it would have been better to just... leave. To go to a place where other cat's opinions simply didn't matter. She forced them back with a vengeance. No. RiverClan was where she belonged, where Gingerstripe could belong. She straightened herself, sitting tall once again even though her chest felt like it had been raked by claws.

This was right, this was wrong, there was proof in their camp that not every cat is irreedemable, but what if he decided Gingerstripe was not one of them? Shadefang came to her mind and she brutally shoved it away. None of her kits would be him. If that ever happened... her heart felt as if it collapsed under the thought. Her ears flicked towards Scorchclaw, but her eyes stayed fixed on a point of the wall. She couldn't meet Jaystar's gaze and see the dissappointment in them. Her body tense as if she was preparing for combat.

Scorchclaws words raked over her ears. The doubt in them was scathing, and burned all the more because while it could be true, she knew the tom sitting next to her. She had been the one to find him that newleaf morning. The one that was finally letting him in. The idea that he might just be using her to hurt RiverClan was dismissed as quickly as it appeared in her mind. Gingerstripe wasn't like that, no matter his clan origins. Finally, her gaze lifted from the wall to look at Scorchclaw and Jaystar evenly. Even as she registered that intense survelliance might mean she would rarely get to be with him alone.

"Flamepaw once killed a cat, and now she's turning into a fine RiverClan warrior." She mentioned cautiously. "All he needs is the same chance." Her heart pounded as she mentioned this. She wasn't sure if it would do more harm or good to remind Jaystar that not every cat who killed was out to be like Shadefang.

Jay Bird
Former Staff
Former Staff
Jay Bird

Pisces Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Sins to confess (Closed, needs Jaystar)   Sins to confess (Closed, needs Jaystar) EmptyMon 13 Aug 2018 - 13:08

OOC: I'll skip Ash for this one but she's the next one to post. Then, we follow the regular order (Transient, Cays, Ash and me)

The leader nodded. Actually, he had a similar vision and he was glad to see that Scorchclaw wanted the same thing. He turned his face to the one that was being judged and for the first time, he made an expression: a small, gentle smirk showed up on that emotionless mask. "I'm happy to hear that Scorchclaw's words were exactly what I was thinking. Gingerstripe... I don't know you, I can't trust you but I'm no one to forgive or not your crimes. I wasn't your leader and Starclan is the only who will judge your fate for the murder of Honeydrop. You will stay here, as you wish and after your kits become apprentices, I will decide if you're worthy enough of my trust to be an official warrior of Riverclan." He glanced at him with deep, serious green eyes.

"Helping the elders would be useless considering the high amount of apprentices we have now. You won't be staying for free. If you want to stay, you don't have to prove your loyalty to your love but to Riverclan. Live, fight and hunt for us and you will be rewarded with a new home, only if you decide to leave behind everything about your past in Shadowclan. Your family, your friend, your loyalties." Jaystar stated, coming up finally with a final response. These cats did mistakes, both of them. But they confessed and were willing to take any punishment for the actions. In the leader's vision, that was nobler and worthy of future forgiveness, if they wanted that.

The tall tom then glanced at his deputy with a proud smile. He was a good cat and he was happy about his choice. Scorchclaw could be a great leader in the future if he kept following this path. "Scorchclaw, take Dewshine to the medicine den so they can check how her pregnancy is going and then you can accompany her to the nursery since she will be staying in camp for a while. And about you..." He turned his gaze back to Gingerstripe. "It's time to present you to the rest of the camp. Follow me." The cat made his way to the exit of the camp and waited for the ginger-furred tom to come with him. He didn't know how his clanmates would take the news and if he had to be honest, he was afraid of detractors. However, no matter what, he was the leader and as the Code, the leader's words were the Warrior Code. But, deep inside... he wished they will agree with him.

Back to top Go down
Ash
Former Staff
Former Staff
Ash

Cancer Snake

PostSubject: Re: Sins to confess (Closed, needs Jaystar)   Sins to confess (Closed, needs Jaystar) EmptyFri 17 Aug 2018 - 20:13

Gingerstripe's heart sank as the leader began talking right after him- he seemed even more skeptical than Blizzardstar had been. Was this really a good idea? Should he and Dewshine have just left? No... no, they needed this for their kits. He didn't want them to have to live as loners, he didn't want his mate to be cast out just for him. Jaystar asked the opinion of his deputy, and the loner lost even more hope, knowing that the tom had been even harsher on him and seemed disinclined to accept loners and "murderers" into his Clan. He openly flinched at the scathing words that the deputy directed at him, bracing himself for the words of dismissal to come- but then they didn't. Instead, Scorchclaw recommended that he be allowed to stay until Jaystar decided whether or not to trust him.

The flame-orange tabby say up slightly straighter, watching with wide eyes as both deputy and leader, somewhat grudgingly, decided to let him stay: on one condition. That he leave behind his former life. He winced at the thought of Firestone, of Tansyheart, of his remaining family and friends still in ShadowClan. He wouldn't be allowed to associate them anymore. But every single one of them had rejected him, abandoned him, refused to believe him... he had eventually made up with his brother, but was that relationship worth giving up everything he had a chance for here? He looked at the loving eyes of his mate Dewshine, and then at the faces of Jaystar and Scorchclaw- his leaders. He hadn't been ShadowClan for moons, and never would be again. It was time to leave behind that life completely- wash his paws of the reputation he'd been forced to wear like a second pelt for so long- and start a brand new life. A loving mate, a father, and- in time- a trusted warrior. Gingerstripe felt a smile finally come to his face, and his green eyes were full to the brim with happiness. "I accept. Thank you, Jaystar., Scorchclaw... I promise that you won't regret this decision."

Newfound joy slightly tinged with nervousness and worry, the thin tom followed the leader out of the small den, hoping that this meeting wouldn't go the same way that the one in ThunderClan had. Hopefully, more of RiverClan was like Dewshine than Silverfang. With his mate by his side, however, he knew he could face any challenge. He was ready.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sins to confess (Closed, needs Jaystar)   Sins to confess (Closed, needs Jaystar) Empty

Back to top Go down

Sins to confess (Closed, needs Jaystar)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warrior Clan Cats :: Areas of the Forest :: RiverClan Camp-
Jump to: