Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Fernpaw's Warrior Ceremony

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Harlem

Harlem

Cancer Dragon
Number of posts : 1470

Fernpaw's Warrior Ceremony Empty
PostSubject: Fernpaw's Warrior Ceremony   Fernpaw's Warrior Ceremony EmptyThu May 31, 2018 3:34 pm

Poplartooth leapt up until the tallbranch with the same amount of grace and ease that SkyClanner's were gifted with. He let his sharp green gaze scan the camp clearing for a couple of heartbeats. Despite Rippedstar's absence, SkyClan was still growing, and the fluffy tom was extremely grateful that. Today, Fernpaw would be gaining her warrior name. He didn't know the young she-cat very well, but the encounter he had experienced with her during her and Silentpaw's moonstone journey had made him grow a very specific opinion on her. Her deliberate disbeliefs made Poplartooth feel bitter, but he had to put that aside. Dismissing Fernpaw's attitude, she was still a good apprentice, and it was time for her to sleep in the warriors' den.
"Let all cats old enough to climb a tree gather beneath the tallbranch for a Clan meeting!"

Back to top Go down
RainyHeart
Former Staff
Former Staff
RainyHeart

Characters : Former: Pansyface ♀, Leopardstar ♂, Finchstream ♀, Ryeheart ♂, Laurelsong ♀, Nightstorm ♂, Fernpetal ♀, Magpiepaw ♂, Chirp ♀, Ashflight ♂, Orchidmask ♀ Basilbloom ♀ | Current: Featherpaw ♀, Tigerkit ♂
Sagittarius Dragon
Number of posts : 3811

PostSubject: Re: Fernpaw's Warrior Ceremony   Fernpaw's Warrior Ceremony EmptyThu May 31, 2018 5:22 pm

Fernpaw ducked out of the low entrance of the apprentice's den, her back scraping uncomfortably against the thorns.  She was getting too big for the den, and to her annoyance there had been no word yet of her ceremony on the horizon.  What else did she need to do to prove herself?  She had trekked all the way up to the Moonstone and had...a dream, she'd been on many patrols, been in a fight or two...what did she need to do to prove herself?!  With an impatient huff, she settled herself in a spot near the front of the crowd, gazing up at Poplartooth with an unimpressed gaze.  Her adopted father was missing...and he might be dead....and this was the cat who would inherit SkyClan?  With a roll of her murky green eyes, she twisted around to groom her flank; whatever he had to say, it probably wasn't going to be important.

Back to top Go down
Harlem

Harlem

Cancer Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Fernpaw's Warrior Ceremony   Fernpaw's Warrior Ceremony EmptySat Jun 02, 2018 2:26 pm

Poplartooth narrowly managed to catch Fernpaw's slight eye roll, and it made him want to roll his eyes right back, but he kept himself from doing so. He met her gaze with a dull stare before moving on to start the warrior ceremony.
"We gather here today to give one of our apprentices their warrior name," The fluffy tom began, "Fernpaw, please step forward."

Once the brown-and-white apprentice had come towards the front of the crowd, Poplartooth looked down at her and let the ceremonial words flow right off of his tongue.
"I, Poplartooth, deputy of SkyClan call upon my warrior ancestors to look down upon this cat. She has trained hard to learn the ways of your noble code, and I commend her to you as a warrior in her turn. Fernpaw, do you promise to uphold the warrior code and to protect and defend your Clan, even at the cost of your life?"

Back to top Go down
RainyHeart
Former Staff
Former Staff
RainyHeart

Characters : Former: Pansyface ♀, Leopardstar ♂, Finchstream ♀, Ryeheart ♂, Laurelsong ♀, Nightstorm ♂, Fernpetal ♀, Magpiepaw ♂, Chirp ♀, Ashflight ♂, Orchidmask ♀ Basilbloom ♀ | Current: Featherpaw ♀, Tigerkit ♂
Sagittarius Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Fernpaw's Warrior Ceremony   Fernpaw's Warrior Ceremony EmptyMon Jun 04, 2018 6:36 pm

When Fernpaw looked up, she realized that the deputy was staring right at her, and for a moment a brief flash of anxiety churned in her belly.  Did he see her?  Even though she didn't think he was very worthy of his position, she had to acknowledge the fact that he had full ability to punish her, possibly by pushing her ceremony back even longer.  She met his gaze, carefully neutral, but that facade soon fell as he began to speak.  Fernpaw, step forward.  Her jaw dropping open, the bi-color tabby she-cat hesitated for a moment before coming to her senses and marched forward out of the crowd, her eyes shining with excitement.  Her time had finally come!

Fernpaw listened as he blabbered on with the traditional address, with stuff about their ancestors looking down on her and approving her, and she inwardly begged him to just get on with it until, finally...the oath.  Puffing out her chest, she nodded and meowed strongly; "For SkyClan, I will."

Back to top Go down
Harlem

Harlem

Cancer Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Fernpaw's Warrior Ceremony   Fernpaw's Warrior Ceremony EmptySat Jun 23, 2018 10:25 am

Poplartooth nodded as a subtle sign of slight approval.
“Then by the powers of StarClan, I give you your warrior name. Fernpaw, from this moment on, you will be known as Fernpetal. StarClan honors your confidence and curiosity, and we welcome you as a full warrior of SkyClan.”

With that, the fluffy tom leaped off of the Tallbranch and rested his head on top of the newly-named warrior's head to end the ceremony, and Fernpetal's name began to ring throughout the camp as cats lifted their heads and cheered for the new she-cat joining the rank of warrior.

Back to top Go down
RainyHeart
Former Staff
Former Staff
RainyHeart

Sagittarius Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Fernpaw's Warrior Ceremony   Fernpaw's Warrior Ceremony EmptySat Jun 23, 2018 12:44 pm

Fernpetal?

For a moment, the bi-color tabby she-cat's murky green eyes widened as a familiar voice floated into her mind, holding memories both far away and very near.

"...my precious petal..."

"...I'm so sorry my little petals..."

...Mom?

Rippedstar must have decided her warrior name before he had gone away, trying to honor Pansyface...right?  That couldn't have happened by chance...the only cat to ever call her by the name 'petal' had been Pansyface herself.  A swirling vortex of anxiety threatened to overwhelm her as she thought about it, but managed to pull back just in time.  Don't be stupid Fern...it's just a name.  Your warrior name!  The confident smile returning to her face, Fernpetal licked Polartooth's shoulder respectfully, though the very thought made her want to spit.  Stepping back from him very quickly, she turned to the crowd that called out her name and grinned.  It's time to make my own mark.  I am not longer Fernpaw, Pansyface's poor orphaned daughter, sister of the medicine cat...I am Fernpetal, and no one can hold me back now.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fernpaw's Warrior Ceremony   Fernpaw's Warrior Ceremony Empty

Back to top Go down

Fernpaw's Warrior Ceremony
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warrior Clan Cats :: Areas of the Forest :: SkyClan Camp :: Tallbranch :: SkyClan Ceremonies :: Warrior Ceremonies-
Jump to: