Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Leopardclaw’s Leader Ceremony and Blizzardstar’s Retirement

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Inky Pawprints

Inky Pawprints

Characters : Stormkit ♀
Clan/Rank : WindClan / Kit
Leo Pig
Number of posts : 2307

Leopardclaw’s Leader Ceremony and Blizzardstar’s Retirement  Empty
PostSubject: Leopardclaw’s Leader Ceremony and Blizzardstar’s Retirement    Leopardclaw’s Leader Ceremony and Blizzardstar’s Retirement  EmptyTue 29 May 2018 - 11:33

Blizzardstar was sitting down right outside camp, looking at the darkening sky as she chewed absentmindedly on the travel herbs that had been given to her. Unlike many cats of the clan, she had never dreamed of becoming leader, she had never aimed for glory nor fame…and yet, knowing she was about to lose all of those things that she had somehow achieved left an aftertaste so bitter she couldn’t even notice the bitterness of the herbs before she swallowed them.

Part of her wanted to take back her words, go back on her choice…but somehow she felt that wouldn’t be wise, and after the encounter with the foxes and losing more than one life to the one with the star-shaped spot on the forehead…she felt this had been the sign StarClan had given to her that her days as leader had reached an end, and the only reason they haven’t killed her off like they did with Ivystar in that bloody battle was because they knew what her true dream was, and they were willing to grant her one chance to chase after it, a chance she wasn’t going to reject for a path that wasn’t meant for her, knowing it would most likely mean having her ancestors force her leader days to end for her defiance.

Her ears twitched lightly when she heard the pawsteps of her deputy and soon to be leader approaching, a quick flick of her long fluffy tail serving as the only greeting “Are you ready, Leopardclaw? Did you eat your herbs already?” Dear StarClan, for a second she felt like she was acting like a worried mother about to go on a trip with her kits, instead of a leader about to pass on leadership to a warrior she wasn’t related to…but wasn’t a clan like a family anyways?

[10HP || 30SP]
Back to top Go down
RainyHeart
Former Staff
Former Staff
RainyHeart

Characters : Former: Pansyface ♀, Leopardstar ♂, Finchstream ♀, Ryeheart ♂, Laurelsong ♀, Nightstorm ♂, Fernpetal ♀, Magpiepaw ♂, Chirp ♀, Ashflight ♂, Orchidmask ♀ Basilbloom ♀ | Current: Featherpaw ♀, Tigerkit ♂
Sagittarius Dragon
Number of posts : 3811

PostSubject: Re: Leopardclaw’s Leader Ceremony and Blizzardstar’s Retirement    Leopardclaw’s Leader Ceremony and Blizzardstar’s Retirement  EmptyWed 30 May 2018 - 15:03

Leopardclaw padded slowly from the medicine cat's den, his mouth still ringing with the sour tang of the traveling herbs.  Even though he had eaten them many times before while taking apprentices to meet with StarClan at the moonstone...this time was different.  Tonight, he would be touching the stone and participating in the most important and mysterious ceremony any clan cat could experience.  This was the last time he would leave the camp's walls as Leopardclaw, deputy of ThunderClan...when he returned, he would be a new cat, with nine lives worth of strength and power.  Yet, his paws trembled with uncertainty, and every inch of his being screamed against what was about to happen.  He wasn't ready to take on such a burden...he had never been.

"Y..yeah..."  His voice distracted, he was about to fall in next to Blizzardstar and begin the long trek by her side...but he didn't.  He stood fixed to the ground, his gaze averted from his superior's face.  He knew that she and the clan needed him to be strong, to face the chosen future without hesitation or reserve...but with a sudden burst of panic, he whispered, his voice in a much higher pitch than usual.  "Blizzardstar...I can't do this!  How can I take your place...I don't know what to do!  I don't think I'm worthy of this...what potential did you ever see in me when you appointed me as your deputy?"  He felt the beginnings of frightened tears welling in his eyes, but forced them back.  He had been so weak in this last moon...too much had happened, and any pretense of confidence had been utterly shattered by the deaths of Reedheart and Dawnpetal.  Finally meeting the white-pelted she-cat's blue gaze, his own hazel eyes blazed with pure fear as he whispered desperately; "Everything I've loved and tried to protect is dying...if I become leader...I fear the same thing might befall ThunderClan.  I...I don't want to see our clan fall Blizzardstar..."  He fell silent, his fears hanging in the temperate new-leaf air like phantoms.  His gaze fell, and his golden ringed tail drooped in the dirt.  I'm not strong enough to protect this great clan...and I don't think that I'll ever be...or that I ever was.

Back to top Go down
Inky Pawprints

Inky Pawprints

Leo Pig

PostSubject: Re: Leopardclaw’s Leader Ceremony and Blizzardstar’s Retirement    Leopardclaw’s Leader Ceremony and Blizzardstar’s Retirement  EmptyMon 4 Jun 2018 - 0:57

“What potential?”

Blizzrdstar’s voice was shocked when he asked, her head turning so she could face him as her eyes scanned him for any sign of a joke, ears lowering lightly when she found none in the frightened tom’s body, expression nor gaze “Leopardclaw, listen to me, carefully” Her voice went serious without any kind of warning as she stood up and turned completely towards him. While she was still internally struggling with her own insecurities, for her those were nothing compared to help a friend in need to get over their own “When you came to the clan, you were nothing but a tiny kit whose mother had abandoned. Many times you and those around you thought you wouldn’t get anywhere…but again and again you proved them and your own doubts wrong. When many gave up you kept fighting with passion and courage more than once I found myself wishing I had, you proved to have the determination I lacked when times got though, the clarity that I could never achieve when decisions had to be made. Unlike me you never feared to speak when you knew something wrong had to be pointed out, but were humble enough to accept mistakes and apologize, to ask and listen for advice and feedback, to thanks those below you and treat them as equals instead of inferiors…

There is none more fitting to take my place than you. There is none else in the forest I would feel more at ease giving this kind of power and responsibility to

With a warm smile she gently placed her muzzle on his forehead as a way to comfort him. She knew that time was passing by, the Sun had disappeared on the horizon already and the first rays of dim silver moonlight started to show on the other side of the land. However, she wasn’t in any kind of hurry, she only wanted to help her friend find the peace he clearly needed to claim the spot he had earned after all this time as leader of the clan and walk the arduous path she already knew. She was just happy to know she would have the chance to walk at his side and guide him for at least part of it. She may hadn’t learned as much as she wished, but she was sure she held enough knowledge to help him out during his first moons as leader as he got the hang of it “You need to let go of the fear that you cling to with such desperation. You’re not to blame for the death of those you love, I had to see my whole family die, so I know what I’m saying when I say it hurts and at times you feel like you are the responsible for it, that if you had acted differently things would’ve been different…but as much as we prepare them, no matter how many precautions we take…there are simply things we can’t fight against”.

She pulled apart from him and gave some steps away from camp before looking back at him and flicking her tail, asking him to follow “We can talk on the way, Leopardclaw. We don’t have all night to get to the Moonstone”.

[10HP || 30SP]
Back to top Go down
RainyHeart
Former Staff
Former Staff
RainyHeart

Characters : Former: Pansyface ♀, Leopardstar ♂, Finchstream ♀, Ryeheart ♂, Laurelsong ♀, Nightstorm ♂, Fernpetal ♀, Magpiepaw ♂, Chirp ♀, Ashflight ♂, Orchidmask ♀ Basilbloom ♀ | Current: Featherpaw ♀, Tigerkit ♂
Sagittarius Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Leopardclaw’s Leader Ceremony and Blizzardstar’s Retirement    Leopardclaw’s Leader Ceremony and Blizzardstar’s Retirement  EmptyMon 4 Jun 2018 - 17:22

(occ: this is a kinda crap post, I'm sorry D:  I'm losing muse for hopelessly-depressed Leo)

Leopardclaw lifted his head, eyes widening at Blizzardstar's intensely serious tone.  Uncertainty still glittered within their depths, but he knew better than to protest, to ignore the wisdom he knew was coming.  At the moment though...he felt completely hopeless, like when he had been stuck in the snow with nowhere to go.  To his surprise, at that moment, Blizzardstar spoke of his origins.

Leopardclaw was not used to hearing cats beside himself address the fact that he had come from such a lowly position; as a young cat he had been often reacted to cats bringing it up in a display of anger, but as he had grown older he had learned to grow past it, thanks in deep part to Grasswhisker's words.  'What makes you ThunderClan is that you believe you are ThunderClan.'  Thanks to her, he finally realized that he had a place in this world, a home he could finally belong to.  Even now...the fact that he loved his clan above all still rung true.  To be it's leader though, to be responsible for their well-being and safety...for the legacy of his great home...he didn't know if he could do it.

As Blizzardstar finished, he still wasn't convinced of his innocence...maybe because he was so determined to believe he could have stopped everything if only he had tried harder.  In the end though...she was right.  He was still clinging to the same fear he had felt for so, so long.  The fear of failure, of letting others down...of being alone.  Taking a deep breath, he tried to control the expression of fear in his eyes as he nodded and meowed simply; "..Y..yes, you're right...let's go."

Back to top Go down
Inky Pawprints

Inky Pawprints

Leo Pig

PostSubject: Re: Leopardclaw’s Leader Ceremony and Blizzardstar’s Retirement    Leopardclaw’s Leader Ceremony and Blizzardstar’s Retirement  EmptyWed 6 Jun 2018 - 21:00

Blizzardstar smiled at the golden tom as she padded the road she knew would lead her to the Moonstone.

The travel felt way longer than she remembered it for some reason. More than once the white rosetted she-cat found herself glancing at the dark sky with a racing heart, only for her fears to be appeased when she realized the moon wasn’t above them yet, that they still had time. However, at the same time she felt something inside of her also feel somewhat frustrated with this, as if a small part of her wished the moon hurried on its trip across the night sky and delay this even further.

She shook her head a bit at this thought with a frown. She couldn’t allow herself to feel that way, this was Leopardclaw’s time to shine, while she would still be able to chase after her own dreams. Dreams she had to push aside to comply with the responsibilities and expectations a leder carries on her shoulders.

Her paws felt funny as they greeted the known rocky terrain as they approached the Mothermouth, which greeted them with its usual darkness. Only after making sure Leopardclaw was following her she stepped silently into the cavern. Her eyes soon became of no use to her, even the warrior with the best sight wouldn’t when walking down this tunnel, and she had to trust her whiskers as she walked, never stopping, never hesitating. Doing so could easily get her to pick the wrong path and be lost forever in the unknown tunnels that parted from this one.

She felt a huge relief wash over her as they reached the open space where the Moonstone was, and after looking up at the hole on the roof of the cavern she realized that soon the moon would reach the point where its light would infuse the mythical stone with its light and they would be able to speak with their ancestors.

With a deep sigh she stepped towards it and rested at its side, waiting, before looking and Leopardclaw “I’ll get my title taken from me first, once I’m done you’ll be able to get your rightful place as leader of ThunderClan, so be ready, as soon as I wake up you’ll need to touch the stone…if there is anything else you want to say or ask before this, is now or never”.

[10HP || 30SP]
Back to top Go down
RainyHeart
Former Staff
Former Staff
RainyHeart

Sagittarius Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Leopardclaw’s Leader Ceremony and Blizzardstar’s Retirement    Leopardclaw’s Leader Ceremony and Blizzardstar’s Retirement  EmptyThu 21 Jun 2018 - 14:04

Leopardclaw followed his leader in silence until they were finally bathed in the light of the Moonstone, gazing up at the magnificent crystal he had once led so many young apprentices too.  Tonight though, he would be speaking to StarClan...and receiving their sacred blessing.  The sound of Blizzardstar's voice roused him from his thoughts, and he met her icy blue gaze.  For a long moment, he said nothing, the cogs of his mind whirring behind anxious hazel eyes; but when he spoke, his voice resonated with a quiet power.  "I wish I could change your mind Blizzardstar...but long ago I vowed to serve you and the clan until my dying breath.  The ties of that promise may be released from me tonight when your name is taken away...but I promise Blizzardstar...I will do all I can to protect our home."  The holy light of the Moonstone illuminated the glimmer of tears in the corners of his eyes as he bent forward and pressed his nose to Blizzardstar's.  "Thank you.  It had been an honor to serve as your deputy...may StarClan light your path."  His words almost made it seem as if she was dying...and in a way, she was.  Her old name would be put to sleep...and he would awaken.

Back to top Go down
Inky Pawprints

Inky Pawprints

Leo Pig

PostSubject: Re: Leopardclaw’s Leader Ceremony and Blizzardstar’s Retirement    Leopardclaw’s Leader Ceremony and Blizzardstar’s Retirement  EmptySat 23 Jun 2018 - 0:18

Blizzardstar smiled at him “You will be a great leader, Leopardclaw, I can tell. I would dare to say even better than I ever was. I will be greatly honored to fight at your side as a loyal warrior” With those words she finally allowed her nose to touch the mystic Moonstone, falling asleep almost right away.

When she opened her eyes she found herself in the warm and calm territory of StarClan. She took a deep breath and allowed the sweet and relaxing aromas to calm her nerves as she waited for one of the StarClan cats to greet her…she didn’t have to wait long.

“Hey sister” She turned towards the sound of the voice, a smile making its way to her muzzle.

“Hello Sedgewhisker” She purred as he approached to sit at her side.

“I’m sorry that this happened…but I guess your destiny wasn’t to serve as leader of the clan for your whole life. I’m surprised how you are taking it though…I know I would be absolutely devastated if our places were switched…I doubt I had even agreed to come here to give up leadership in the first place” Worried eyes landed on her blue ones as her brother tried to find any sign of depression or anger on Blizzardstar.

“You know well being leader was never my dream, Sedgewhisker. I will admit that I’m a bit upset for how my time as leader of ThunerClan was cut short, I tried really hard to fulfill your and the rest of StarClan’s expectatives on me, but I guess my attempts weren’t enough” Le looked down at her paws right before her long fluffy tail covered them as it curled up around herself tightly.

“Yeah, your dream is a completely different one…” Sadgewhisker smiled as he got up and got in front of her, placing his nose on hers “And you’re being too harsh on yourself, like always…you seriously need to stop doing that”.

Once he was done talking she felt an overwhelming weakness take tight hold of her body, an unknown force being the only thing that kept her from collapsing under her own weight for a good couple seconds until Sedgewhisker finally pulled apart from her.

“You may return home now, Blizzardshine, warrior of ThunderClan” He purred softly at her. Just as he was turning around to leave something caused him to stop abruptly and turn his head to look at her again “Oh! By the way, your dream is closer than you think, sissy”.

Blizzardshine’s eyes widened with those words, both in surprise and confusion. The world around her started to become blurry and fade, but she tried to hold on a bit longer “Wait! What do you mean?”.

“Go see Mapleleaf, I’m surprised you nor her noticed sooner. Just because you were a leader it didn’t made you immune to love…even if you tried so hard to make yourself believe otherwise” As he finished speaking he looked at one side and she followed his gaze.

For a couple seconds she saw a somewhat blurred image of a cat that seemed to not fit in, that shouldn’t be there, yet it was and it was quickly fading but not without a quick flick of his fluffy tail as a final goodbye and a kind smile on his muzzle “Artemis?” Her surprised voice came out as a whisper as the world turned black.

She woke with a startled jump, her mind still processing what had just happened. She, however, took a moment to pause her thoughts and look at Leopardclaw as she got up and retreated, giving him space to get his lives as she tried to recollect her thoughts.

Almost as if answering to a silent question, she felt something weird in her belly, like…movement? Wait, a kick? C-Could it be? Could it be…

[10HP || 30SP]
Back to top Go down
RainyHeart
Former Staff
Former Staff
RainyHeart

Sagittarius Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Leopardclaw’s Leader Ceremony and Blizzardstar’s Retirement    Leopardclaw’s Leader Ceremony and Blizzardstar’s Retirement  EmptySat 23 Jun 2018 - 23:02

As Leopardclaw closed his eyes, darkness instantly overwhelmed him as he drifted into a deep sleep, his body laying still upon the ground.  The final stretch of his journey would be traveled in his mind, among the bright stars above.

He was surrounded by an ebony blackness he had never felt before, more intense and real than any ordinary dream.  His eyes were still closed, but the tom’s body was rigid with fear of this great unknown.  What was about to happen?  Where was StarClan, was he to be left alone in this pressing darkness?  Had they rejected him, forsaken him?  Suddenly, he felt an odd sensation; like a snake sheds it’s skin once it has grown too big for their old scales, Leopardclaw felt as if his old life...was fading.  Melting away, into memory.  A warmth touched his heart, and his pelt felt flushed with the refreshing brilliance of mid-day sunlight.  For the first time in many moons, he felt the old comfort of youth, as if everything was once again new and waiting to be discovered.  With a relaxed exhale of breath, the golden tom cracked open his eyes and gasped.

He was lying in a vast grassy field, every blade and leaf tinged with a beautiful silver aura.  A soft breeze swayed across the land, reflecting itself in ripples across the expanse of foliage.  The night sky above was brighter, much more detailed than it was in waking, the stars and moon seemingly almost close enough to touch.  The large tom’s hazel eyes rounded, taking in the awe-inspiring sight from his position on the ground.  Soon enough though, he got to his paws and stretched, though there was no stiffness to be relieved.  Gazing down at his paws, his own form looked quite ordinary compared to the brilliance of his surrounding, lacking the glow of holy light and radiance.  Yet, he stood straight and proud in the territory of the clan’s ancestors.  He was not afraid to face them, to hear their judgment; he had been through it before in life, and he could do it again.  Though doubt still lingered deep within his belly...he was ready.

'Welcome, Leopardclaw.  Are you ready to take your place as ThunderClan’s leader, gifted with nine lives and the title of the stars?'

The voice rang out through the air, not so much a single recognizable statement, more so a conglomeration of uncountable cats all speaking in unison, which sent shivers down the living tom’s spine.  There was no one around to look to, so he settled to gaze up at the sky and meow in a strong voice; “I..I am.”  Yet, he could not keep himself from stumbling over his words in hesitation.  I don’t know if I am...but I have to.  For the sake of my clan...I will face this.

Mere heartbeats after he spoke, the brightest stars above began to move, swirling downward toward the earth at such an alarming rate that Leopardclaw feared for their safety, but as soon as they were about to touch down they morphed into the shining forms of thousands of StarClan warriors, coming to rest their paws on the grass with grace no living cat could replicate.  Leopardclaw’s jaw gaped uncontrollably as he cast his gaze all around, on all sides.  He was surrounded by a great crowd of cats, their pelts blending into each other, almost indistinguishable.  He twisted around, not sure whether to nod in respect, purr a greeting, or to fall face down before them.  In the end, he settled to stand still, still gazing around in shock.  It didn’t take long though, for a cat he recognized to step forward out on the throng, her beautiful tabby pelt glimmering with the same silver aura that ringed everything in sight, tying her to her home.  Leopardclaw remembered her though in a much different place, in a much different way...at a much different time.  His mind spilling over with countless old memories, the golden spotted tabby tom took a wary step forward, meeting her vivid green gaze, and meowed in a voice that rang with a kit-like curiosity; “...Grasswhisker?

A smile broke out across the former ThunderClan she-cat’s face as the deputy - her former apprentice - spoke her name, and the still-youthful molly purred.  “It has been far too long since we last spoke Leopardclaw, I’ve missed hearing your voice.”  As the beginnings of a conversation blossomed from her mouth, Leopardclaw visibly relaxed.  Being in the presence of his beloved mentor calmed every frayed and broken nerve in his body and eased every anxiety, for a moment anyway.  The golden spotted tabby tom did not drop her gaze as he meowed, his voice low with a pleading grief.  “...why haven’t you visited me? I..I needed you Grasswhisker, this life had become more than I can take...where did you go?”  There was no anger, only a desperate desire to know why he had been left alone, without her comforting light to guide him.

“Because Leopardclaw, you needed to learn how to live life on your own.  As much as I want to, I cannot always be there when things go wrong.  Young one, it is time to stop looking to the stars for bonds of companionship; you must look beyond the past, to the ones in life that wish to be there to comfort you, just as I wish I could.”  There was a motherly sort of glimmer in Grasswhisker’s eyes, and her instructive words matched it.  Leopardclaw understood what she wanted him to do...but was he brave enough to take that step?  Before he could decide, the gray tabby she-cat stepped forward to stand in front of him and touched her nose to his forehead in a blaze of warmth.

“Young one, it is time for you to move on from the pains of your past that you’ve held on to for far too long.  With this life, I grant you forgiveness, not just for others but for yourself.  Use it to guide your actions from this day forward, so that you and the clan may once again know happiness.”

If Leopardclaw had been expecting anything from the sensation of receiving a life, he could not have accounted for the sheer amount of pain that it caused.  His body and mind screamed in agony as a burning warmth coursed through him, until every limb down to his toes was consumed.  The pain though wasn’t unfamiliar; in fact, he had felt it before.  In a rush of emotions, he felt the panic and desperation of being abandoned by his birth mother, watching her walk away to vanish into the trees that would one day become his home.  The heart-splitting torture of grief for all the cats he had loved that had passed on; and...the anxious guilt that had been plaguing him for too many moons, rushing upon him even more fiercely than it did in life.  For a moment, all of these emotions burned at once...before, suddenly, they all melted away, to be replaced with an indescribable sense of freedom.  He felt light as air, his paws no longer heavy with the weight of his burdens...he felt happy.  Even as the life’s intensity began to fade away, that feeling remained.  Taking deep breaths, Leopardclaw looked up to see Grasswhisker stepping away, her leaf-green eyes glowing with pride.  “Remember Leopardclaw, I will never leave you.  Even if you can’t see me, I’m always here, watching over you, and someday soon we will meet again, I promise.”  With a smile, Leopardclaw nodded, his hazel eyes shining with thanks as Grasswhisker melted back into the crowd.  I know that now...thank you Grasswhisker, for all that you’ve done...everything.

The next cat to emerge from the crowd was a calico pelt Leopardclaw for a moment almost didn’t recognize, but in a rush of clarity he realized who it was.  “Mottledwing!”  With a wild purr, his adoptive mother dashed forward and wrapped her tail across his back, covering his ears and face with a flurry of affectionate licks.  From deep within the crowd Leopardclaw heard a meaningful cough, and the tom couldn’t help but chuckle as the dappled she-cat backed away, looking a bit sheepish.  “Oh, my kit, it’s been so long!  I’m so sorry for leaving you...but, I’m here now.”  With a purr, she stepped back and gave him an inspecting look.  “You’ve grown so much..oh my!  Are those scars?!”  She motioned towards the many memories of past battles that marred the deputy’s pelt, and he nodded.  A slight blaze of anger glowed in Mottledwing’s eyes, and she looked as if she was ready to spring upon some unknown enemy, but quickly managed to control herself.  “You’ve come so far...I still remember you as a kit...you were so small and frail.  Now, you have fully-grown kits of your own...does that make me a grandmother?”  They both laughed, and Leopardclaw felt his heart glow.  How long had it been since he had been fussed over like this?  If only he hadn’t been so opposed to it as a kit...he savored these moments more than he realized.  After a moment though, Mottledwing seemed to grow serious.  She stepped away, and stood before him, shoulders tense with purpose.

“My son, even though I didn’t give birth to you, the very second that I laid eyes on you I knew you were mine.  You already understand the fierce love of a parent, but I must say that you will never understand the feeling of being a mother.”  Her whiskers twitched, as though amused by her own statement but continued.  Bending her head, she touched her nose softly to Leopardclaw’s forehead, once again issuing a burst of holy warmth.  “With this life, I give you a mother’s love.  Use it to care for all your clanmates, not just your family, with the unstoppable power of true, pure love.”  From experience, Leopardclaw expected this life to hurt, but he was taken by surprise; it didn’t quite hurt, as much as it smoldered deep inside him, like a wildfire preparing to ravage the land.  He felt the unquenchable urge to fight, to beat back any opponent that threatened to hurt those he cared for.  For a few moments the feeling burned, making his claws unsheathe and sink into the soil, but as it began to fade he felt an overwhelming flood of affection; the same feeling that had come upon him that first time he had lay eyes on his children.  This time though...it was for his clan.  Breathing deeply, he lifted his head just in time to see Mottledwing begin to pad away, flashing him a knowing smile before vanishing into the crowd.

For a moment, no cat appeared, and Leopardclaw was left a bit confused.  Who was next?  Suddenly, he felt the sensation of tiny claws digging into his leg, and he leaped back with a small cry of surprise.  Looking down...he saw Cherrykit smiling up at him, just as young as she had been in life.  Just as small, frail...vulnerable.  “I’m sorry!”  The tom cried out suddenly, his eyes filling with shadows.  “Cherrykit I...I’m so sorry...you shouldn’t be here…”  His paws shook as he stared down at his daughter, but to his shock...she smiled.  “Father, please don’t cry.  It’s okay!  I’m not sad, I know that there was nothing that could’ve saved me.  Besides, up here I get to play with Mama Grasswhisker!”  Bouncing on her toes, she grinned up at Leopardclaw, and the tears in his eyes started to evaporate.  Oh, StarClan, he missed her so much...but he couldn’t be sad as long as he looked into those eyes.  Moss green...just like Lichenfang’s.

“Now, bend down you great tree!  I can’t reach!”  With a small chuckle, Leopardclaw lowered his head, and closed his eyes, preparing to receive the blessing his daughter would bring him.  “With this life, I give you bravery.  Use it to protect ThunderClan from everything that might stand in its way, no matter the odds!”  The strong feeling that followed her squeaky-voiced words almost rocked the tom off of his paws.  He felt his veins pulse with fearless adrenaline, as if he stood at that very moment as the leader of a battle patrol, ready to rush in and fight to the death to defend his clan.  As the life continued to flow through him though, he felt another all too familiar feeling.  Fear.  He felt a twinge in his belly as if he had hesitated to leap forward into the fight, overwhelmed by what he faced.  As the life began to fade though, with it did the doubt.  He leaped and opened his eyes.  “T...Thank you Cherrykit…”  The small kit purred, though she couldn’t seem to hide the small glow of sadness from her gaze as she stepped away; but she didn’t return to the crowd.  Instead, she stayed and looked outward to where another cat was beginning to emerge.

“R...R...Reedheart?”  Leopardclaw felt the starry ground beneath his paws rock precariously as his golden-pelted son stepped forward to stand beside his little sister, his form swimming with millions of bright stars.  His green eyes, once filled with enthusiasm and excitement, now blazed with the holy light of StarClan, making him look older...too old.  For a moment, no one spoke.  Then, Reedheart bent down to nuzzle Cherrykit’s head before padding forward to stand in front of his father, whose paws were trembling uncontrollably.  “I...I...Jaystream, he…”  The young StarClan cat lifted his tail to halt the flood of stuttering that spilled from Leopardclaw’s mouth.  There was a smile on his maw, but it was tainted with the unmistakable look of shame.  He bowed his head and began to speak.

“Father, what Jaystream says is the truth.  I attacked an apprentice in cold blood, I took her eye...I was going to kill her, just like Rockthorn tried to kill Cherrykit…”  At the sound of the wretched tom’s name, Cherrykit drew back slightly with a barely audible whimper, and Leopardclaw’s body tensed.  “But...Jaystream stopped me.  I fell through the ice and drowned...and died.”  He stood in silence for a moment, before his eyes flared with a fierce blaze of emotion.  “I’m sorry Dad!  I let my emotions get the better of me...and in the end, it didn’t make anything better…”  Pain glowed in the eyes of both tabby toms, and Reedheart bent his head.  Leopardclaw though stepped forward and rested his head on his son’s shoulder.  Reedheart’s eyes widened slightly, seemingly surprised, but as Leopardclaw spoke they both relaxed.  “...I forgive you.  You never even had to say sorry.”

For a moment they stood there, father and son pressed so close to each other that one couldn't have distinguished where one identical pelt ended and the other began, before pulling away.  The faint sparkle of a teardrop glimmered in both of their eyes, but as Reedheart blinked and straightened up the atmosphere quickly grew serious.  “Thank you, Dad.  I think that it’s time for both of us to accept what happened…”  Reedheart stepped forward and pressed his nose against Leopardclaw’s forehead.  “Father, with this life I grant you acceptance.  Use it to learn how to move forward from our past, so you’re ready to lead ThunderClan into a bright new dawn.”  Once again as the new life coursed through his body, Leopardclaw felt as if his stomach was trying to flip itself inside out as a deep sensation of impending turmoil invaded his senses.  He felt as if he was running through a dark tunnel, with every turn only finding dead ends and collapsed passageways, with no way out in sight.  He felt anxiety continue to rise as he only kept running into walls, until...he felt peace.  He had emerged into the light, and as the spasm of the life faded, he heaved a deep sigh of relief.  Opening his hazel eyes, he saw Reedheart cast him one last loving smile, before sitting down beside Cherrykit, who bounced most informally onto his back.  Taking deep breaths, Leopardclaw looked ahead out into the crowd to greet the next life bringer, who soon showed herself to be...Dawnpetal.

For what felt like the thousandth time, Leopardclaw felt himself gasp, and his chest ached with a painful longing.  She had died too soon...both her and Reedheart.  They had all died too soon…  With a smile, the creamy-furred she-cat padded forward and touched her nose to Leopardclaw’s, her golden eyes shining with happiness.  Despite his cracking heart, he smiled back; he had never been able to feel down while in his adopted daughter’s presence.  He still remembered when he had found her as a tiny, scared kit, running from something that had remained unknown to him for too long.  As always, he was still amazed by her bravery and perseverance in the face of such terrible things...and he couldn’t help but feel that she had always been much stronger than he.  After a long moment of hesitation, he meowed in a low, affectionate voice; “My little petal...it’s so good to see you.”

Dawnpetal purred.  “It’s good to see you too Father...I’m so sorry that I had to leave you all so quickly.  I...I know that you needed me by your side...Emberheart and Ravenpaw as well...but with this life, at least I’ll be able to help protect them, although in a different way.”  Touching her nose to Leopardclaw’s head, he felt a glow of unearthly warmth envelop him once again.  “Leopardclaw, with this life I give you hope.  Use it to keep your head held high through any circumstance, no matter how dire it may be.”  This life was much different than any of the others; it revealed itself not as pain, but as energy.  It ran through every limb, supplying him with the perseverance and drive to keep going, to keep facing every challenge, to put faith in the unknown.  As it faded, Leopardclaw opened his eyes to watch as Dawnpetal joined Reedheart and Cherrykit.  They stood up together, waved goodbye to Leopardclaw with smiles and purrs, and set off together to rejoin the crowd, within which Leopardclaw could make out the many different pelts of his other kits.  Honeyspark pressed against Reedheart, their twin pelts reunited, Cherrykit scampering at their paws.  Orchidfeather stood with Falconpaw and Mintkit, and Flowerpaw greeted Dawnpetal with a touch of noses.  They were all there...his family, and for once, he didn’t feel sad.  As they faded back into the crowd, he felt a great feeling of joy rise from within him, as he realized that he would see them again someday.  In the meantime, they would always be by his side, in spirit.

As the number of lives in his body began to count up, Leopardclaw felt the strange feeling that he was being filled to the very brim, like a river that’s banks were threatening to overflow.  How many more were there to go?  He wasn’t able to finish counting before the next cat emerged, and he couldn’t help the way that his jaw dropped in shock.  Standing before him was a gray tabby she-cat whom he had last seen standing beside Grasswhisker in a dream, asking him to watch over her son...Wolffang.  Very quickly though, the shock passed, to be replaced with a great feeling of friendliness.  Though they had not even known each other for very long in life, a very deep bond had formed between them in that short time after the battle against Bear, when Leopardclaw had saved her life.  Now, she stood before him as a warrior of StarClan, about to give him a life of a leader, the mistakes she had made put by the wayside.

“So...never thought I would be here to see this.  Truth be told though, I’m not surprised.”  Wolffang’s snarky remarked were softened with a kind smile, and Leopardclaw chuckled.  “Well, at least one of us isn’t.  I’m still trying to process it myself.”  With a sarcastically scornful purr, Wolffang continued with her eyes squinted in an amused way.  “Well, you better hurry up Leo, time’s running short my friend.”  After a moment’s laugh, the former ShadowClan she-cat grew serious, and gazed at him through intense amber eyes.  “Leopardclaw, don’t blame yourself for my son’s death.  I don’t blame you at all, it wasn’t something you could have controlled.  He’s happy now...and that’s what matters.  I thank you for all you did do though...it means the world to me to see that Coyotefang had a rightful home in ThunderClan because that’s all I ever wanted for him.  A safe home, with cats who accept him and love him despite his troubles.”  Stepping forward, she reached out to touch her nose to Leopardclaw’s forehead, and he willingly bent his head to receive her blessing.  “Leopardclaw, thank you so much for all you’ve done, for both me and my family.  You have always understood what it means to be given a second chance, and in the end, that will serve you well as you lead ThunderClan.  So, with this life I give you mercy.  Use it to continue to grant those who deserve to be believed second chances, and create a home for all good cats, no matter their origins or history.”  As the life enwrapped his body, he felt his skin prickle with the odd sensation that he was being watched.  He was being judged, a thousand eyes judging and inspecting him with ruthless prejudice.  His stomach churned nervously, desperation making his paws churn, but in a heartbeat those presences melted away, to be replaced with a glowing light from above, and he felt his heart flood with relief.  A cat stood before him on the Great Rock, and as it nodded approval, he felt all of the formerly hostile eyes transform into ones of grace and welcome.  As warmth overtook his body, he remembered the feeling well.  He had felt this before, when he had finally realized that ThunderClan was his home...that he belonged.  The life faded, and he watched as Wolffang turned to walk back into the crowd before turning back to him suddenly, and purring a hurried remark; “Oh, and thank you for making my brother your deputy!  He deserves it...guide him well.”  With that, she padded off and melted back into the crowd of starry pelts, and Leopardclaw waved his tail in farewell.

As Leopardclaw caught his breath, the next cat began to materialize out of the crowd, but this time the deputy had absolutely no clue who she was.  She was a bulky ginger she-cat, with dark forest green eyes that glowed with a fierce intensity.  The golden spotted tom stood taller as she approached, and dipped his head in polite greeting.  The she-cat blinked in acceptance of the gesture.  “Hello Leopardclaw, my name is Flameclaw.  Many moons ago I served as ThunderClan’s deputy.  I served my clan tirelessly, just as you have, and even though you were not born with a single drop of clan blood in your veins, you have lived up to the ancestor’s expectations.”  Bending her head forward to touch her nose to Leopardclaw’s forehead, she spoke in a deeply serious voice.  “Leopardclaw, with this life I give you wisdom.  Use it to listen well to the stories of the clan’s past, so that you may not repeat former leader’s mistakes.”  This life washed over him like a flood, many voices spoke in his ear at once, advising and guiding him on what path to take.  The knowledge of so many burned within him, and as quickly as the life had come it faded away.  Flameclaw dipped her head to him once, before melting back into the crowd.

It was almost over...just two more to go.  Leopardclaw gazed around, wondering who would be next.  Then, yet another cat stepped forward...this one much larger than the rest.  To Leopardclaw’s slight surprise, he watched as Specklefang emerged from the crowd, her gigantic tabby body still as imposing as ever, even in death.  “Hello Leopardclaw.”  Her voice was curt, and the golden spotted tabby returned her greeting with a somewhat stiff nod.  They had not always been on the best of terms; though he had always respected her strength and ability, their personalities and values had often clashed, and the memory of Specklefang stepping forward as the murderer of a young RiverClan apprentice was still fresh in his mind.  She seemed to feel the tension as well, so he wasn’t surprised when the dark tabby warrior stepped forward quickly and meowed; “Let’s skip the formalities.”  Pressing her broad nose against his forehead, Specklefang spoke in a strangely strained voice.  “With this life, I grant you justice.  Use it to bring those who are scourges against the clans to their proper punishment, and to seek the same from those who dare to strike against ThunderClan.”  The life blazed through Leopardclaw like a determined fire, lending him a clear mind and an unbreakable conscience.  The true shock though came after the effects of the life had faded; Specklefang bent forward and whispered in his ear.  “Leopardclaw, I will not tell you now, but very soon the truth will be revealed.  Take heed of the jay who nests by the river, for it knows all.”  Before he could ask for more information, Specklefang stepped away and vanished into the sea of StarClan warriors, and Leopardclaw was left only with a burning desire to know more.  The jay who nests by the river...does she mean Jaystream?

Finally, the last life.  As much as the sights of so many StarClan cats, old friends and beloved family made his heart feel full and mind spin with curiosity, he was ready to finish the ceremony.  His body felt weak and tired, and he could only hope that that didn't carry over into reality; he would have to sleep for a moon, at least.  As the cat who would give him his final life stepped forward though, he let out a shocked hiss.  “You!”

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Leopardclaw’s Leader Ceremony and Blizzardstar’s Retirement    Leopardclaw’s Leader Ceremony and Blizzardstar’s Retirement  EmptyMon 25 Jun 2018 - 1:56

"Eloquent. Has the pain of eight lives stripped you of all words, Leopardclaw." Materialising from the mist, the very air seemed to revolt against her presence here in the hallowed ceremony of the soon-to-be ThunderClan Leader. The earth hissed at her each step, but it did little to deter the she-cat, if they really had a problem with it, they could make her fade away, but they didn't. Fearful, little mice, no one wanted to be the one to chase off a leader, regardless of her clan-blood, and being part ThunderClan, she was well within her rights to be here.

Sniffing the air, she recoiled. "I see that shaggy fool was here, probably to warn you of what's to come. Waste not a thought on it, blood shed between River and Thunder is as natural as the harsh Leafbare that claims lives without a hint of mercy. Blood spilt once, will be spilt thrice over for not even a mother's love can hide the truth from the stars."

That was all she planned on saying about that, she could almost taste the displeasure of the ancestors for her meddling. Oh, how they hated her, but what was the use of their omniscience, if they were going to spend all their StarClan forgive us days lazying about on these mockingly lush plains while their kin spilt blood over scraps of meat. She refused to be one of them, fat on her own self-importance. She would shape the clans from the grave if it was what it took to make sure RiverClan thrived. And it all started with this spotted fool.

"Fear not, Leopardclaw. I didn't just come here to ruin your night, I will be the one to give your final life." She circled the soon-to-be leader, appraising him for all his worth. She knew him to be wiser than Blizzardstar, calmer, not so full of the milk of naive morality that had drowned the leader in the end. The temptation to peek into his future was high, but she feared if she saw something she misliked, that she would do something rash, so she stayed herself. Instead, choosing to focus on him, see the cracks beneath that strong veneer. The tom beneath the future leader.

"With this life, I give you clarity. Use this life to see beyond the petty squabbles of clan life and the lies that spin themselves around your clan. Let your judgements be free of the fog that many would have you be lost in. See the truth."
When they touched noses, it was instantaneous, she felt herself be a conduit to give Leopardstar his final life. For all the pain he'd endured, he'd come out stronger, like the ancient willow or the Great Oaks of Fourtrees. No match for her son, of course, but he would be a half-decent leader.

"I, now, hail you by your new name, Leopardstar. Your old life is no more. You have now received the nine lives of a leader, and StarClan grants you the guardianship of ThunderClan. Defend it well; care for young and old; honour your ancestors and the traditions of the warrior code; live each life with pride and dignity." With all the gravitas of StarClan, she spoke the ancient words, blessing the leader into his new role as ThunderClan's guardian. Behind her, each cat that had once walked the forest territories appeared, their voices intermingling as they greeted the newly named leader by name. It was in this din, that she slipped closer, taking care to appear like she was simply congratulating him. "I like you, Leopardstar, but you're a cuckoo in a sparrow's nest. All it takes is one mistake, for the sparrows to see you for what you truly are... Walk by Sunningrocks at dawn, and see where the Lichen faces. You'll see the truth of what you've been lining your nest with."
Back to top Go down
RainyHeart
Former Staff
Former Staff
RainyHeart

Sagittarius Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Leopardclaw’s Leader Ceremony and Blizzardstar’s Retirement    Leopardclaw’s Leader Ceremony and Blizzardstar’s Retirement  EmptyTue 26 Jun 2018 - 16:17

Leopardclaw watched through shocked hazel eyes as Ivystar herself, the former leader of RiverClan, who had wrought tragedy upon his home and brought sadness and fear to the hearts of many, who had given up her final life to save Blizzardstar for some unthinkable reason, stepped forward to give him his final life.  The fur along the golden spotted tom's neck and snipe bristled as he watched her, his body tensing.  She didn't seem aggressive - though her words against Specklefang made his fangs grind - and despite his hesitations, he pricked his ears to take in her words.

Without this cat, there was a chance that his clan would not be at silent war against half the forest.  Without her influence, several cats may have escaped their fateful ends; but he also admitted, that with her, RiverClan had grown stronger than he had ever seen it.  With her, the clan by the water learned to thrive, to take, to live, and despite the furious emotion that boiled in his belly, he wondered what sort of life he would receive from her.  She might have been tyrannical, brutal and full of pride...but she had also been smart.

He stood stiffly as the gray tabby she-cat circled around him like a buzzard, inspecting him, sizing him up.  The closeness of another cat whom he wasn't comfortable with still bothered him, even in dreams, but he resisted the urge to flinch away.  He met her gaze with burning certainty, pupils slit.  In a heartbeat, their noses were touching, and Leopardclaw once again felt the warmth of an impending life spread across his face.  Closing his eyes, he listened closely to her words; See the truth.  Specklefang had mentioned 'the truth' as well.  He had always strived to see the intentions behind cat's actions...what was it that he had missed?

Those confused thoughts faded away in an instant as the full effects of his last life invaded his senses.  To his surprise though, he felt no pain...only a deep feeling in his belly that seemed to push him forward.  He had to know more, see more, understand more...he had to clear the air.  His mind worked sharply and obeyed his every whim; he knew what he must do, there was to be no hesitation any more, no doubt.  His eyes glowed with starshine, the power, and knowledge of the clan's ancestors living within him, guiding the way.  It only lasted for a moment though.  The life began to fade, and Leopardclaw let out a long gasp as he felt his legs tremble precariously.  It was done...he had survived the ceremony.  His heartbeat gradually slowing, he looked back up to Ivystar and nodded to her.  His jaw was set firmly though and his eyes betrayed no affection; this life and the gifts that came with it was all he wanted from her, nothing else.

He straightened his body as she spoke, raising his head high and lashing his tail.  A leader had been born tonight.  He was no longer Leopardkit, the poor abandoned kit who was taken pity on.  He was no longer Leopardpaw, the stubborn apprentice that only barely managed to find his place in the world.  He was no longer Leopardclaw, the warrior with something to prove, and deputy who managed to prove them correct.  He was now Leopardstar...and he swore that he would do all he could to protect the home he treasured.

His bravado disapparated slightly as he was surrounded by the warriors of StarClan, and he glanced around with a smile at faces he recognized and nodded repeatedly as they all cheered his new name, not being able to help how his pelt flushed humbly.  "T..thank you, all of you..."  His voice tried to sound strong, but with the mix of exhaustion and awe it didn't quite reflect his newfound nobility as leader, but Leopardstar didn't mind too much.  As he felt warm breath near his ear though, he froze.  It seemed as if Ivystar's words had injected ice into his veins, and though he couldn't understand what the warning meant he knew that it couldn't be good.  Even as the former RiverClan leader stepped away, he didn't move, eyes distracted with thought.  Cuckoo in a sparrow's nest...see me for what I truly am...see where the lichen faces...see the truth.  The truth...how much of this world was hidden to him?  How many secrets lay in waiting?

In the time he had spent contemplating, the StarClan warriors began to fade.  Gazing up, he watched as their forms broke apart and returned to the sky until only one remained.  Grasswhisker smiled.  "Remember Leopardstar, no matter what might happen in the days to come, I am ever at your side."  As she faded away, the golden spotted tom smiled.  I know...I always did.

Thank you.

As the new leader closed his eyes and faded away from the realm of dreams, deep within the shadows, a cat watched.  His green eyes blazing with anger, the tom whipped around with a venomous lash of his gray tabby-striped tail, and vanished into the mist.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Leopardclaw’s Leader Ceremony and Blizzardstar’s Retirement    Leopardclaw’s Leader Ceremony and Blizzardstar’s Retirement  Empty

Back to top Go down

Leopardclaw’s Leader Ceremony and Blizzardstar’s Retirement
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warrior Clan Cats :: Areas of the Forest :: ThunderClan Camp :: Highrock :: ThunderClan Ceremonies-
Jump to: