Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
The Clans, each suffering in a way of their own, fight to maintain the normal peaceful life they built. What struggles await them with the shifting seasons?
Leaf-fall has come at last, and the trees are shifting colors. Cooler nights linger, and the morning dawns misted.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Make sure to check your Clan's Key Events under the Clan Information boards to see what's happening in your Clan!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Dawn Fades to Darkness (OPEN)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
zeroa5raven

zeroa5raven

Female
Aries Dog
Number of posts : 310

Dawn Fades to Darkness (OPEN) Empty
PostSubject: Dawn Fades to Darkness (OPEN)   Dawn Fades to Darkness (OPEN) Icon_minitimeThu May 24, 2018 9:13 pm

-....Mgh...-

Ravenpaw groaned... she felt weak, she couldn´t focus her vision, heck, couldn´t even open her eyes... but her hearing was good... good enough to hear her beloved mother talking... was she dreaming...? No... the pain reminded her what had happened... she felt a rush of fear and tried to move quicker, but she only managed to open her eyes and look at Dawnpetal while she said her final words.

-M... mom...?-

The young apprentice slowly got up, shakily, she looked over at Emberheart, eyes widened in fear, like asking her if this was really happening or not... her ears folded back, as she walked over to Dawnpetal´s body.

-... Mom?- she whispered, lowering her head to look closer at Dawnpetal -... M-mom please... you have to get up- she nudged at the lifeless body -I-i can´t go through this again, please... mom? We have to go home! -she nudged her again, not getting a response... she wasen´t dumb, she knew what was happening... the young she-cat was just in denial, she looked at Emberheart, almost in tears now -Mommy please help her! Please!... please...-

Dawn Fades to Darkness (OPEN) 29019410
Dawn Fades to Darkness (OPEN) Signat10

Art by my dear friend Yoshachu and me :3 

Ravenstripe-ThunderClan
Liontail-ShadowClan
Gingerpaw-Windclan
Back to top Go down
Holly the Witch

Holly the Witch

Characters : | Mothpaw | Batbite | Zinnia |
Female
Gemini Cat
Number of posts : 3498
Clan/Rank : | ShadowClan MCA | ThunderClan Runaway | ??? |

PostSubject: Re: Dawn Fades to Darkness (OPEN)   Dawn Fades to Darkness (OPEN) Icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2018 3:16 am

Loss. It was, it seemed, the theme of the last few moons. It had all started when... But no, she couldn't lose herself in those thoughts. It was how she had lost her family the first time, and now... Now Dawnpetal was gone, and poor Ravenpaw... She hardly knew Ravenpaw, honestly - her own daughter - and that made her feel worse.

"She's... She's not coming back, Ravenpaw. I'm sorry." Emberheart's voice broke as she said the words. She didn't want to believe them herself, she wanted nothing more than for Dawnpetal to stand up and say it was all a trick - an incredibly cruel, heartbreaking trick, but a trick nonetheless. As much as she wanted it, though, she knew it wouldn't happen. Dawnpetal was gone, and she wasn't coming back, however much they wanted her to. There was no trick. Just the feeling of loss, and a broken heart. "We've got to... Got to bring her back to camp." As gently as she could, the ginger she-cat began dragging her mate's body.

Mothpaw ~ Batbite ~ Zinnia
ShadowClan ~ ThunderClan ~ Outsider
Medicine Cat Apprentice ~ Runaway ~ Def. Rogue
Tier 0 ~ Tier 1 ~ Tier 1
Back to top Go down
zeroa5raven

zeroa5raven

Female
Aries Dog

PostSubject: Re: Dawn Fades to Darkness (OPEN)   Dawn Fades to Darkness (OPEN) Icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2018 7:24 am

It happened again... Ravenpaw couldn´t believe it... this was the second time she lost her mother... tears started falling as she trembled... but she couldn´t stay there... silent, she went to help Emberheart to drag the body back to the camp...

Ravenstripe-ThunderClan
Liontail-ShadowClan
Gingerpaw-Windclan
Back to top Go down
RainyHeart
Former Staff
Former Staff
RainyHeart

Characters : Pansyface, Leopardclaw(star), Finchstream, Ryeheart, Laurelsong, Night of Stormy Gales, Fernpetal, Aspenpaw, Magpiepaw, Chirp of Cricket at Sunset
Female
Sagittarius Dragon
Number of posts : 3180
Clan/Rank : Former ThunderClan Leader / Site Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Dawn Fades to Darkness (OPEN)   Dawn Fades to Darkness (OPEN) Icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2018 10:24 pm

Oh no...oh StarClan no, not again, please not again!  I can't take any more of this...why?!

Leopardclaw watched, his mouth gaping, as he watched yet another golden pelt be dragged through the camp entrance, bloodied and defeated, never to move again.  A cat that he had raised from the day he had found her in the forest, terrified and lost, until she had become a strong, brave warrior with a loving mate and a kit of her own...until now.  Now, her family was dragging her corpse through the dirt, and all at once Leopardclaw felt his legs give way.  He didn't have the strength to fight anymore.  With a heavy thump, the deputy's muscular body slumped to the ground, limp, his sides heaving with the effort of trying to breathe through the grief that was overwhelming him.  He hid his face under his paw, not for fear of shame, but for hopeless shelter from the nightmare that had become real, and began to sob his heart out.  Not just for Dawnpetal, or even Reedheart...but for everything he had lost, and that his clanmates had lost.  The future was clouded in shadow and sorrow, and no matter how hard he tried, he couldn't see any sun on the horizon.  

"D..D..Dawn...my little flower...no...no...please, my kits...don't take my kits!  L..Lichenfang...my love...where are you.....Grasswhisker...come back...I can't do this alone...I need you...what have I done to deserve this?!...."

♡ May your heart be your guiding key ♡

Former Character Profiles

Dawn Fades to Darkness (OPEN) Pqscm8
Back to top Go down
zeroa5raven

zeroa5raven

Female
Aries Dog

PostSubject: Re: Dawn Fades to Darkness (OPEN)   Dawn Fades to Darkness (OPEN) Icon_minitimeSat Jun 02, 2018 10:13 am

Ravenpaw was devastated... she watched, trembling, the body of Dawnpetal, the at Emberheart, then at the rest of the clan... it was overwhelming for her... she broke.

-T-The fox... it was a-a fox, she tried t-to save me, it was an accident, i didn´t meant for this to happen- she stepped back a few kit steps -T-this...- tears started to fall down her cheeks -this is... this is my fault! If only i was more alert! I could have seen that fox coming! -she couldn´t help it, she felt like Dawnpetal´s death was her fault -I´M SORRY!!- 

Ravenstripe-ThunderClan
Liontail-ShadowClan
Gingerpaw-Windclan
Back to top Go down
Smiling Advocate Ink

Smiling Advocate Ink

Characters : {H}Hawkstrike, {B}Bonewatcher, {S}Streampaw
Female
Leo Pig
Number of posts : 2187
Clan/Rank : {H} SkyClan/Tier 4, {B} StagClan/Tier 2, {S} ThunderClan/Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: Dawn Fades to Darkness (OPEN)   Dawn Fades to Darkness (OPEN) Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2018 9:35 pm

OOC: Since Rainy is posting as deputy, I'll post as leader in this topic....hope its ok

Blizzardstar padded towards the group that was gathering around theit fallen clanmate, ears and tail low as she sadly glanced at Dawnpetal.

With a soft sigh she turned to look at Leopardclaw, Emberheart and Ravenpaw. Soft pawsteps guided her to them as she softly pushed clanmates to be able to get to them, though she rarely had to as they moved out of her way without making many questions…if the grief of yet another loss in the clan wasn’t so strong she probably would’ve asked them not to as she never could get used to the leader special treatment.

Her long tail comfortingly laid on Leopardcaw’s back and her head pressed softly against his neck as she took a spot to his side, attempting to let him know he was not alone in these hard times and help him find some comfort in that.

As the apprentice talked she turned her attention to him and shook her head slowly before speaking “If anyone is to blame for this, it is the fox, not you, Ravenpaw. You are an apprentice, you are still learning, and I know even some of the most experienced warriors had been surprised by predators in the past. As terrible as it may be, being a warrior will always carry risks, this one being one of them, and sometimes there is little to nothing we can do to avoid them”.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bonekit looked at the gathering group from his spot near the nursery before licking his paw almost absentmindedly. While he still young, he was definitely old enough to start to understand death and the pain it could bring just as much as how inevitable it was.

Everyone was bound to die at some point, no matter what…

Part of him hated to appear as pessimistic, but he thought that acceptance of something like this was better than denial, and the overwhelming sadness and anger that followed on said occasions…he just couldn’t help but wish he would never need to experience real grief as well.

*Irregular Activity Warning*
Due to a mix of college and work, my free time is not exactly great and that causes me to potentially be extremely active one day and completely missing the other. I'll try my best to post as often as I can, but if you urgently need me somewhere, your best bet is to either ping me in the Discord WCC chat or send me a PM through there.

Dawn Fades to Darkness (OPEN) Curren19

Amazing Art by Jay:

Back to top Go down
Holly the Witch

Holly the Witch

Characters : | Mothpaw | Batbite | Zinnia |
Female
Gemini Cat
Number of posts : 3498
Clan/Rank : | ShadowClan MCA | ThunderClan Runaway | ??? |

PostSubject: Re: Dawn Fades to Darkness (OPEN)   Dawn Fades to Darkness (OPEN) Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2018 9:50 pm

"I'm sorry," Emberheart whispered quietly to Blizzardstar. "I... At first, I froze-- I panicked-- if I hadn't... Then maybe... Maybe we could have saved her. But even after everything... I couldn't." She was weak, and it hurt to admit that to the leader that had taken a chance on her so many moons ago. Blizzardstar almost certainly regretted taking that chance now, and Emberheart couldn't blame her. She couldn't act under pressure, and it had cost her Clan the life of her mate. One moment they had been laughing, teasing one another and reminiscing about their adventures as apprentices, and then... The fox.

Mothpaw ~ Batbite ~ Zinnia
ShadowClan ~ ThunderClan ~ Outsider
Medicine Cat Apprentice ~ Runaway ~ Def. Rogue
Tier 0 ~ Tier 1 ~ Tier 1
Back to top Go down
zeroa5raven

zeroa5raven

Female
Aries Dog

PostSubject: Re: Dawn Fades to Darkness (OPEN)   Dawn Fades to Darkness (OPEN) Icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2018 7:37 pm

Ravenpaw sobbed, not daring to interrupt the leader... she couldn't take it.

-B-but... first my birthmom, then my mom Dawnpetal... w-what if I have bad luck and it affects the ones around me? What if my mommy Emberheart is next, or anyone in the clan? What if... I'm cursed or something?-

Ravenstripe-ThunderClan
Liontail-ShadowClan
Gingerpaw-Windclan
Back to top Go down
Kent Mansley

Kent Mansley

Female
Number of posts : 1273

PostSubject: Re: Dawn Fades to Darkness (OPEN)   Dawn Fades to Darkness (OPEN) Icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2018 1:16 pm

Boarpaw dropped the rabbit he had caught. Earlier, he had thought of it as a lucky catch but, the good feeling was gone now. He rushed forward, shaking his head softly before grooming the top of the dead she-cat's head. Dawnpetal had been there for him and helped him so much in his time of grief over Buttercup, she didn't deserve this. His claws dug into the dry dirt beneath him to keep him from crumbling. He'd stand strong for the she-cat now. Hopefully, it showed that her efforts weren't in vain.

Rainpaw poked his head out the medicine den at the scent of fox and blood. A soft hiss escaped him and he padded forward, hesitantly. He shook his head, tears of frustration pricking his eyes. Of course. Of course, it was his family. Of course, Newttongue wasn't there, again. And still, he felt like he had done no better. He grabbed a few juniper berries and dropped them at Leopardclaw's maw, touching his nose to the tom's ear apologetically. He offered a few poppy seeds to Ravenpaw afterward before stepping back. It didn't feel appropriate for him to morn a family member he never bothered to talk to. Faking his feelings would be insulting to everyone. Solemnly, he curled his tail around his paws and looked to Blizzardstar as if unsure of what would happen as he sat at the deputy's other side to ensure the juniper berries calmed his breathing.

Dawn Fades to Darkness (OPEN) Tumblr_inline_nxdnzzrYTJ1tvy6vg_500

Birchheart ThunderClan Warrior #009999 Newttongue ThunderClan Warrior
#ff9900 Wildfire Young Warrior #ff99cc Boarpaw ThunderClan Apprentice #ff6600 Rainpaw ThunderClan MCA DarkSlateGray

My Characters || "Post Here" Page || Trials I Plot Sign Up

Dawn Fades to Darkness (OPEN) Latest?cb=20130824163422

Back to top Go down
RainyHeart
Former Staff
Former Staff
RainyHeart

Characters : Pansyface, Leopardclaw(star), Finchstream, Ryeheart, Laurelsong, Night of Stormy Gales, Fernpetal, Aspenpaw, Magpiepaw, Chirp of Cricket at Sunset
Female
Sagittarius Dragon
Number of posts : 3180
Clan/Rank : Former ThunderClan Leader / Site Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Dawn Fades to Darkness (OPEN)   Dawn Fades to Darkness (OPEN) Icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2018 11:11 pm

"N..no Ravenpaw...this...this isn't your fault....you're not cursed."

Leopardclaw, with great effort, lifted his head after a very long moment, the comforting pressure of Blizzardstar's tail across her back managing to give him a small bit of strength, emotionally and physically.  He gazed at the apprentice, his own adopted granddaughter, through hazel eyes that drooped with the weight of a million lifetimes of sorrow.

"I am."

Like a cold blow against himself, Leopardclaw delivered the counterfeit news with such certainty that his whole body shivered as if he was letting go of a heavy burden.  "This...Reedheart...all of them...it was because of me...my bad luck...don't blame yourself precious one, please.....this is my burden to carry."  His voice was grave but breathless, and he felt himself once again falling into an unnatural rhythm of short breaths.  The scent of juniper invaded his senses, along with a gentle press against his ear.  The scent of his other adopted grandchild, Newttongue's son Rainpaw, surrounded him, and he just barely managed to nod a half-confused thanks up at him before taking the berries into his mouth and closing his eyes.  He had given up the fight.

♡ May your heart be your guiding key ♡

Former Character Profiles

Dawn Fades to Darkness (OPEN) Pqscm8
Back to top Go down
rainypool

rainypool

Characters : lilypaw* owlpaw *mapleligh*Streampaw*Stormkit
Female
Aries Monkey
Number of posts : 465
Clan/Rank : WC apprentice* TC apprentice * RC apprentice* Sc warrior

PostSubject: Re: Dawn Fades to Darkness (OPEN)   Dawn Fades to Darkness (OPEN) Icon_minitimeSat Jun 09, 2018 2:24 am

Owlpaw's day had started so good she had just been enjoying the sun when she saw Ravenpaw and Emebrheart dragging a dead body in the camp Dawnpetal.

She got up and walked slowly towards the now formed group, al grieving for there dead clan member. Owlpaw looked at Ravenpaw and felt a sting of connection. Ravenpaw had now lost two cats that were important to her so far Owlpaw knew. Owlpaw knew how that felt, remembering the loss of her mother back when she was a kit and shortly before this the loss of her mentor. Owlpaw laid her tail on the shoulder of Ravenpaw  "you are not alone, we are al here for you" she whispered.

http://warriorclancats.forumotion.com/t34726-my-kitty-s
Back to top Go down
zeroa5raven

zeroa5raven

Female
Aries Dog

PostSubject: Re: Dawn Fades to Darkness (OPEN)   Dawn Fades to Darkness (OPEN) Icon_minitimeSat Jun 09, 2018 8:40 am

Ravenpaw sniffled, her ears dropped, she softly thanked Rainpaw for the poppy seeds and slowly chewed them, but she stopped as soon as she heard her grandpa Leopardclaw´s words.

-N-no, don´t say that, please...-

The young she-cat felt like it was only his fault, feeling a bit comforted when she felt Owlpaw´s tail on  her, she was right, she wasen´t alone...

Ravenstripe-ThunderClan
Liontail-ShadowClan
Gingerpaw-Windclan
Back to top Go down
Kent Mansley

Kent Mansley

Female
Number of posts : 1273

PostSubject: Re: Dawn Fades to Darkness (OPEN)   Dawn Fades to Darkness (OPEN) Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2018 11:05 am

"That's a load of badger droppings and you know it, Leopardclaw. You aren't cursed! Why would you be? The only curse you carry is the bees that built a hive in your brain! You may lose kin but look around you! We take the the risk in order to live freely. Would you rather your kits stay locked in a twoleg nest or remain bound to the nursery forever? Those are your only choices for risk-free life, Leopardclaw. Death is not a curse, it's just another part of life! We don't control it. You're saying it's your fault, did you put the fox there? No? If there's even a such thing as luck, it isn't a thing you can control. So... So stop blaming yourself!"

Rainpaw's fur rose on his spine and tears pricked his eyes as he glared at the dirt beneath his paws. He was never one for soft words. Wildfire had never given him any and so, he had none. His vocabulary wasn't gracefully put together, like a spider spinning thread out of bracken. His bones felt suddenly heavy after his outburst and he couldn't move as if his body was telling him that he had to see this through. He couldn't lash out like that and run away. It was about time he actually acted like a part of this family.

Dawn Fades to Darkness (OPEN) Tumblr_inline_nxdnzzrYTJ1tvy6vg_500

Birchheart ThunderClan Warrior #009999 Newttongue ThunderClan Warrior
#ff9900 Wildfire Young Warrior #ff99cc Boarpaw ThunderClan Apprentice #ff6600 Rainpaw ThunderClan MCA DarkSlateGray

My Characters || "Post Here" Page || Trials I Plot Sign Up

Dawn Fades to Darkness (OPEN) Latest?cb=20130824163422

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dawn Fades to Darkness (OPEN)   Dawn Fades to Darkness (OPEN) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dawn Fades to Darkness (OPEN)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warrior Clan Cats :: Areas of the Forest :: ThunderClan Camp-
Jump to: