Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Jaystream's Leader Ceremony

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Jay Bird
Former Staff
Former Staff
Jay Bird

Characters : [F] Fernpaw ; [O] Oakpaw
Clan/Rank : [F] Windclan ; [O] Riverclan
Pisces Dragon
Number of posts : 4009

Jaystream's Leader Ceremony Empty
PostSubject: Jaystream's Leader Ceremony   Jaystream's Leader Ceremony EmptyTue 22 May 2018 - 20:38

The announcement was done and Riverclan had a deputy to protect them and guide them while he was gone. After he left the Willow Branch, the tom walked silently away from the congratulating crowd and he made his way to the medicine cat den, where he waited for Goldeneye to come. The night was not over yet and no matter how tired he felt, he had a journey to make. But it was hard not to feel sad and angry by his mother's death. He shouldn't be the leader now... but he had to. "I hope I can lead my clan like she did..." He muttered to himself as he walked from one side to another like an anxious trapped lion.

Oaksoul of Riverclan ↠↠ Tier 2 Warrior ↠↠ #3333cc
Ferntwist of Windclan ↠↠ Tier 1 Warrior ↠↠ #0099cc
Jaystream's Leader Ceremony Signat14
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Jaystream's Leader Ceremony   Jaystream's Leader Ceremony EmptyTue 22 May 2018 - 20:51

"You will be every bit the leader she was, Jaystream. If not more of a leader." Goldeneye meowed from behind the tom, her expression soft and almost uncertain. Taking a stiff breath the she-cat let it billow out in the cool of the night, watching it calmly dissipate into the air. Looking back at Jaystream with glittering gold eyes she softly smiled. "You'll bring peace to Riverclan. Ivystar was a strong leader and kept us safe, but she failed to see that she could have been softer. You are her son, and her deputy, you've seen how she works and perhaps you can take a few tips out of her experiences." Goldeneye meowed, pushing her head softly against the toms neck and chest fur adoringly.

"Ivystar's loss hurts all of us, but she will be a lot happier in Starclan with all her loved ones while she waits for her kin down here to join her amongst Silverpelt. We mustn't dwell, tonight marks the true beginning of Green-leaf." Goldeneye meowed, stepping away from Jaystream and padding towards the den entrance, her scarred muzzle wrinkling with a soft sneeze.
Back to top Go down
Jay Bird
Former Staff
Former Staff
Jay Bird

Pisces Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Jaystream's Leader Ceremony   Jaystream's Leader Ceremony EmptyTue 22 May 2018 - 21:09

Jaystream turned his head violently when Goldeneye's voice entered the den. He lowered his tufted ears, a bit embarrassed that she listened to his worries but he had to admit he was grateful for having her here. The deputy blushed slightly when she nuzzled her head against his neck and he returned the loving gesture with a purr. Despite his worries, the medicine cat managed to calm his troubled mind for a while. "I'll do everything that it's needed for me to become in order to protect Riverclan and you... just like my mother did. I just wish... I could have to say goodbye... I don't know... ask her for advice." He admitted as the she-cat padded away from him to the entrance. The deputy nodded and he walked to her, ready to leave the camp.

The blue-grey warrior left the den with the golden-furred she-cat by his side and he crossed the camp's entrance, not minding the eyes of his clanmates for the first time in his life. His journey and Goldeneye were his main focus right now and nothing couldn't distract him from that.

When he finally get out of the stream that surrounded their home and he shook the water off his pelt, Jaystream glanced back at the medicine cat. "Do you think she will be there? I mean... when I receive my nine lives."

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Jaystream's Leader Ceremony   Jaystream's Leader Ceremony EmptyTue 22 May 2018 - 21:28

Goldeneye let the silence stretch between them for a moment, while they left the camp and she trudged through the stream. Until Jaystream spoke again. Looking at the tom once more from the corner of her eye she chuffed then meowed, "I do think so. I'm very confident that Ivystar wouldn't miss your leader ceremony for the world." The medicine cat meowed softly. Goldeneye almost felt weightless as she got to walk with Jaystream, alone, something that was rarer than black-cough.

Goldeneye stayed close to him, her fur brushing his as they approached the well-trodden path of the river, the violent rush of the water daunting.
Back to top Go down
Jay Bird
Former Staff
Former Staff
Jay Bird

Pisces Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Jaystream's Leader Ceremony   Jaystream's Leader Ceremony EmptyWed 23 May 2018 - 12:14

Jaystream purred, feeling more encouraged by Goldeneye's answer. He brushed his fur against her as a sign of affection when they reached the river. He knew the path because of all the Moonstone he had to do in the past. He didn't truly need the medicine cat to show him the way but to be there to give him the courage he needed for this big step in his life.

The deputy stepped forward to be the first one to cross the rushing waters by jumping from rock to rock with graceful ability. The tom from time to time watched behind his back to check if Goldeneye was fine. He was still a bit overprotective of her after what happened in the Gorge and with Spotfur. When the she-cat was by his side again, the tom talked once more giving her a sincere and grateful smile. "Goldeneye... thank you so much for coming with me... for being my side. You've done so much for me and I'll probably still ask you for advice in difficult times as the future leader. You're the closest cat for me in all the clan... I just wanted to you to know that." He said as they walked together.

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Jaystream's Leader Ceremony   Jaystream's Leader Ceremony EmptyThu 24 May 2018 - 13:38

Goldeneye leaped from stone to stone, pausing briefly as she waited for Jaystream to continue after looking back at her in which she gave him a reassuring smile. Once Goldeneye got to the bank she listened intently to the tom, her eyes sparkling with returned gratitude. "It means a lot to hear that from you." Goldeneye meowed, her eyes flickering with mischievousness. "But you know, I wouldn't turn up my nose if you stopped skirting around those three words. I've been waiting since that morning at sunningrocks, though if you're not ready to tell me yet I understand." Goldeneye meowed softly, her eyes shifting away bashfully.

Was it selfish of her to expect Jaystream to tell her he loved her? His mother just died, he was still yearning for Cinderpaw but... his affection was still obvious, it was much more than a friendship, she wasn't blind. "You're grieving still, I suppose it's selfish of me to ask that of you right now." Goldeneye huffed, shrugging as if it didn't really bother, she could wait.
Back to top Go down
Jay Bird
Former Staff
Former Staff
Jay Bird

Pisces Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Jaystream's Leader Ceremony   Jaystream's Leader Ceremony EmptyThu 24 May 2018 - 17:36

When the she-cat spoke, at first he didn't understand what she meant with that. However, when the warrior saw how she glanced away from him, bashfully, everything was clear and he could feel his heart beating faster. Jaystream lowered his tufted ears and looked away, just like she did. Since that day on the Sunningrocks, the former deputy couldn't deny anymore that something in Goldeneye caused on him reactions and emotions he shouldn't have. He wasn't sure yet if what he felt was the same he had with Cinderpaw... but it was sure that the she-cat wasn't just a simple friend. Not even best friends should be like that.

Jaystream was confused. Not only because of his complex thoughts about the medicine cat but because of everything he was going through: the death of his mother, the ascension from deputy to leader, the tensions of his approaching ceremony and how much he was clung to his current family with Cinderpaw...

The tom looked at the golden-furred she-cat once more when she opened her mouth to add another comment to her words. The tall cat got even closer to her and he pressed his fur against her as he touched her tail gently with his own. "I don't blame you... I have been selfish too. I-I'm sorry... I-I can't give y-you a straight answer... because I'm not yet sure of what I feel and I have so much to deal now that... I haven't had a chance to think about it. Please, forgive me for making you wait with no clear resolution... " He mewed as they continued travelling.

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Jaystream's Leader Ceremony   Jaystream's Leader Ceremony EmptyThu 24 May 2018 - 18:49

"It's alright, Jaystream. It's in my very blood to wait. I understand there is so much you need to sort out right now. I'm here for you, through thick and thin. But for now, let us forget about all this mushy feelings stuff and get on with your ceremony. We need to look to new horizons from tonight onwards," Goldeneye twined her tail with his for a moment, a soft smile on her face as she gently pulled her tail away with almost obvious reluctance. Soon the acrid stench of the thunderpath grew stronger but Goldeneyes looked to the sky above the tree-line, a beautiful mesh of scarlets, pinks, and oranges splashed across the sky, giving the medicine a feeling of hope, that everything would be alright.

TIME SKIP

Soon the two weary travelers were pushing their way up the pebble-strewn slope, rocks clattering as their large paws shifted them from their positions. Goldeneye was starving at this point and getting rather exhausted to add on top of that, but she persevered, turning to look to Jaystream she beckoned encouragingly before continuing her way up towards mother mouth.

It didn't take long, but she was puffing a bit, she certainly was getting fat wasn't she? "There's no going back now, once you walk down the tunnel you've sealed your fate, there won't be any chance to turn back," Goldeneye warned though she did not betray any real doubts that Jaystream would not go through with his ceremony.
Back to top Go down
Jay Bird
Former Staff
Former Staff
Jay Bird

Pisces Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Jaystream's Leader Ceremony   Jaystream's Leader Ceremony EmptyFri 25 May 2018 - 8:58

TIME SKIP

The deputy watched the dark hole with different eyes than the ones he used when he guided apprentices to this places. This time, he was the one who would touch the Moonstone to talk to Starclan. He was about to receive his nine lives and be the leader his clan needed. He closed his green eyes for a few seconds, listening carefully to Goldeneye's words. This was the fate that Starclan prepared for him... he couldn't deny it now.

When he opened his eyes again, there was determination. Of course, he was scared of everything that would come from now on but this step was something he had to do. Jaystream entered the dark cave, entering the tunnel that would lead him to the Moonstone.

By Goldeneye's side, he walked through the complete darkness for a few moments. And at the end, they saw the light. Both RiverClanners entered the main cave where the shiny rock was waiting for him. The tom gulped and made his way to it, laying in front of the sacred stone. Before pressing his nose against it, he gave the she-cat a quick glance, just to feel reassured. Then, he touched it, falling asleep.

At first, he didn't feel anything. What he could only hear was the sound of his own breathing.

And then... he felt how his body entered into a torment void. He opened his eyes surprised. At first, he could only see blackness. Then, stars started to shimmer around him as the tom looked at them, amazed. It was way more different than the last time he was here, as an apprentice. The stars around soon filled everything and in just a blink of his eyes, he was standing in the starry plains of Starclan. The sound of a calm stream reached his ears and he looked around. The faint fog that floated around... the mighty tall trees... the calm currents filled with fresh prey... it was all so beautiful. He wished his clan could have all this food, even if it was a childish hope.

Jaystream shook his head and stepped forward, ready for this moment. That was when the silhouette of a small cat appeared. At first, he couldn't recognize but as he started to come closer, his whiskers twitched in happiness and he purred with happy tears in his green eyes. "Hailkit!" He shouted excited. How could he forget those bright yellow eyes and dark, fluffy fur that was there with him when he was a kit?

His only littermate chuckled by his brother excitement and he gave him a playful smile. "You've grown up a lot, bro. I never expected you to see you here, in this situation, but I guess it couldn't be helped. You always were a non-stop cat, even as kits, I remember that." Hailkit mewed at him with a kind smile.

The warrior looked at him and he lowered his head, regretful. "I-I-I'm s-sorry... I-I should have d-done something t-to save y-you w-when w-we w-were kits. I should- He started to stutter but the Starclan stopped him from talking.

"Shh, Jaystream. You have nothing to be sorry for. There are some things you can't control sometimes and I'm fine here. I'm happy to see you and I would love to talk more, but you're not here for that." Hailkit walked toward the warrior and, taking advantage now that his head was low, he placed his paws on his shoulders and touched his forehead with his small muzzle. "With this life, I give you courage. Use this well not only to face the great hardships and enemies you will have to endure as a leader but to also defeat your inner demons."

The tom closed his green eyes and felt a strange warmth feeling his body all of sudden. Somehow, he felt reassured and stronger than he ever was. When he opened them again, blinking surprised by the feeling, Hailkit already stepped back. The kit flicked his tail and he started to blend with the stars. "Good luck, bro. Be sure to be the bravest leader in all the clans." Jaystream nodded at his words, cleaning his eyes filled with tears with one paw.

When Hailkit finally faded away, the next Starclan didn't make him wait for too long. This time it wasn't a kit but a warrior, his mentor. "Well, well. Little, quite Jaypaw finally became what he was meant for. I told ya you were a quick learner, didn't I? I couldn't have expected nothing less from you." The old tom purred with that usual peppy voice he knew as an apprentice.

Jaystream wasn't so sure about how to feel about Poplarstripe. He wasn't alive for too long after he was made his mentor and the only thing he taught him was fishing. The rest of his training was done by himself. However... he wasn't angry at him. How could he blame for dying? Finally, the blue-grey warrior smiled softly and nodded at him with the respect he deserved as his former mentor. "I-It's good to see you as positive as always, Poplarstripe." He mewed, a bit nervous.

The older warrior immediately noticed his anxious attitude so he walked to him and pushed his shoulder with one big paw. "C'mon, Jaystream! Don't be so formal. You know me. This is not a time to be nervous about. You should be happy for being Riverclan's leader. Is a great honour." With those words, the deputy smiled more relaxed but not entirely. He felt like that young apprentice once again by the brown-furred tom's side but at the same time... he felt bigger and wiser than back then. Poplarstripe smiled and leaned his head to touch his forehead with his nose. "With this life, I give you confidence. Use it to never forget that you're here for a reason and that's not mere coincidence that you're Riverclan's leader. You don't have to doubt yourself, Jaystream. You've been chosen to lead your clan and a leader must not be scared of himself."

As soon as he ended talking, the tom's could feel another kind of heat filling his heart. It was something he had never feel before and it was somehow painful. But... he felt reassured and even a little proud. His former mentor was right. He was about to be Riverclan's leader. No... he was Riverclan's leader and he couldn't doubt his abilities as the one who would lead his clanmates to greatness.

"Thank you..." He mewed in a low but sincere voice. The other warrior simply smiled and winced before stepping away so another Starclan could come.

While he was fading away, another tom descended from the sky. Jaystream knew him even if they didn't share many moments together. "Father..." He muttered, stunned for seeing him here, in his ceremony. Thanks to his death after soon after he was born, they were never close but he always kept Galewing inside his heart as part of his family. The dark furred warrior, on the other side, barely smiled seriously at his son with Ivyfall. Just like him, he didn't feel a strong connection but he still saw him as his son, actually, his only living son. And it made him proud to see him turn into a deputy.

"Jaystream... your resemblance is striking. You look a lot like your mother and at the same time, you've grown to be a unique cat on your own. Although I never was there for you as your father, I'm proud of you. I'm sure you will lead Riverclan well." The Starclan cat didn't give him a chance to speak again and he just walked to him to touch the fur of his head, just like Hailkit and Poplarstripe did. "With this life, I give you passion for your clan. Use this to never forget that within your duty to protect and guide Riverclan you must always use every bit of your strength and soul to give everything for them, even your last breath. Don't be a passive leader... be more than you are and keep pushing forward."

This time, it was more painful and aggressive. A flame sparkled inside his core and Jaystream couldn't help to unsheath his claws, closing his eyes tighter to overcome the scorching feeling. However, in the end, it also brought with it a new desire, the desire to keep working and fighting to be a better leader for his clan. A passion for Riverclan. "Lead your clan well, Jaystream."Galewind whispered.

When he opened his eyes again to say goodbye, the warrior was gone, already faded away. And instead of him, a siamese brown she-cat was standing in front of him with a sheepishly smile. Jaystream smiled with happiness and he walked to his former apprentice, nudging her fatherly. "Oh, Vixenstep... I've missed you so much. I-I'm sorry." He mewed with a sad expression, referring to her sudden death.

The she-cat just shook her head and she returned the embrace with a purr. "Hush, Jaystream. Y-you know it wasn't your fault... I told you once I could never hate you, right?" The Starclan she-cat said, separating herself a bit from the taller warrior so she could see him better. Vixenstep knew they didn't have so much time so she stopped talking and she stood up on the point of her paws to reach his head. "With this life, I give you clear-mind. As the leader, you will use it to see the light in the darkness, to find the truth even in the most confusing times. Don't be misguided by false voices... be true to yourself and always seek verity."

This life was so much different from the rest. Instead of fire, he felt relaxed as he could let go of all his worries and troubled mind. But at the same time, he felt a weight on his shoulders, as he had to carry a new responsibility. It was like he was older and wiser than before... "Thank you."

"I should be the one grateful to you. Y-You trained me... turned me into a Riverclan warrior. You were like a father to me. I never forget that. This is the least I could for you now that you're going to be Riverclan's leader. I'm sure you will be a good one." Her clear green eyes glimmered while she was saying those words. Jaystream returned her smile and with a silent nod, he said a silent farewell. It was the time he would see her he itself joined Starclan but he was not sad. The warrior was actually happy for seeing her former apprentice one more time.

The she-cat returned his nod and she backed off at the same moment another cat with shimmering fur appeared. It wasn't a warrior but an apprentice. Jaystream purred by the remembrance of his old friend and he walked to her to nudge her, friendly. Softpaw purred back and smiled, shyly. "You've g-grown s-so m-much s-since the last t-time we m-meet, Jaypaw."

Jaystream chuckled a bit, smiling. "Yes... I wish you could have been there to grow with me, Softpaw..."

"Don't b-blame yourself. I-It was Starclan's will as well as it's its w-will to give you this life. W-with this l-life, I give you p-patience. Use this well so you can listen to the voices of your clans and other clans too. Don't let others rush you to make impulsive decisions, wait and think. E-every good l-leader m-must be like that." She purred with a soft voice, touching his forehead.

Jaystream felt calmer, more capable of thinking straight now with this new gift. He smiled at the apprentice and said goodbye with a friendly push of his paw. Then, Softpaw dissapeared with a happy smile in her face.

Who would visit him this time? He wondered as brown eyes looked at him. It was his first apprentice, Ashfeather, who soon ran to the Riverclan tom to Butt-head him, friendly and playfully. The warrior purred delighted and he touched her forehead with his muzzle. He never expected that his ceremony would be a place where he would greet all his dead friends and family... the ones why he felt so guilty about. "Jaystream! You look great. Are those scars in you eye new? You must have got them in a fierce battle, that's for sure." She mewed with a wide smile.

He smiled sheepishly back at her as he touched his eye with his left paw. "There not a big deal, actually. I wish we c-c-could have m-more time to talk..." His expression changed to a regretful one but Ashfeather didn't allow him to even say sorry.

"Don't be so sad! There's nothing you could for me. Why should I feel bad and angry at you when you taught me all I know? You made me a warrior and is a great honour for me to give you this life. So, back to the main focus of this meeting, with this life, I give you wisdom. Use this well to make your clan even greater than it is now so you can know what to do when a threat is coming, to decide when you must fight and when you must retreat for the sake of your clan. Don't forget that they're the most important treasure to you and that you must not hurt them because you're being driven by your impulsive emotions." When her nose touched his head, Jaystream closed his eyes and he could feel how all that knowledge from past leader and deputies crossed his brain, giving him a new resource to be a good leader.

"I promise I will be a wise leader for you, Ashfeather."

"He, I was counting on that. Just be sure to not mess it up, okay?" The older tom and the Starclan she-cat purred, fading away with the stars. However, before she could disappear from his sight, Ashfeather opened her mouth to speak one more time. "Someone was waiting for you since moons ago... I hope you too can have a good talk."

At first, Jaystream didn't understand what she meant with that. He tried to follow her so he could ask her but the she-cat was already gone, leaving him alone in these starry lands. The deputy's tail flicked, nervously, and he glanced around, searching for the next Starclan to appear.

And then... he saw her.

All the words he wanted to scream died in his throat and his body started to tremble by the emotions. With watery eyes covered in tears, the tom took a step forward, unsure if the small calico cat in front of him was an illusion. The short-legged she-cat just smiled with tears too and she made her way to the shaking tom, who seemed on the brink of collapsing because of his emotions. The only he was able to stutter was her name. "C-C-Cinderpaw..." She looked just like the day he lost her, but at the same time, the young she-cat appearance was brighter and younger.

"You haven't forgotten me, haven't you, my love?" She purred leaning her body in his chest as the tom cried, sitting down with his tail wrapping her tightly, afraid of losing her again.

"H-How c-could I? For even If I'm f-far a-away from y-your side, I-I'll a-always h-hold you i-in m-my heart." He cried, chuckling a bit because of the overwhelming emotions.

Cinderpaw cried too but because she was happy with his words. She licked his tears lovingly and returned his embrace, curling her tail around his. "Come on... don't let this make you cry. Know that I've and I will always be with you the only way that I can be. I may not be alive down there in Riverclan, but I live in our kits, in our clan, Jaystream. Thanks to you... to our relationship, you gave me a legacy to look after."

The tom closed his eyes, trying to hold on to that warmth and scent he had never feel again since that tragic night. He purred and finally managed to speak again. "Our kits are s-strong cats now. Cinderfall, Hailsong, Stormstrike, Robinpatch and Orchidpool are now god and h-healthy warriors. I-It h-had been so h-hard without you with m-me... I-I-I'm s-sorry, I-It's a-all my fault..."

"No, it's not. You gave me a family, the one thing I always wished. And you had the help of your clanmates and friends. Splashwillow, Tinytip, Goldeneye and even Ivystar were there for you... You managed to go forward and I want to be happy again. my love. Please... don't get stuck in the past. Remember what we shared but your clan, your family need you to look at the future and keep working hard for them. As your former mate, I ask you... to let go of me. We will meet again... and until you're in my embrace again... just remember me as someone you once loved, as your friend and lover. That's all I ask from you, Jaystream, nothing more."

Jaystream blinked and he nodded slowly, shaking a bit. He knew his mate was right... but it was still hard. But, since this was her last wish, how could he deny it? Cinderpaw wanted him to be happy and that meant he had to stop being stuck in a relationship that was gone. It meant he had to move on but... would he be able to love again like she did with her? He really wished he would.

The she-cat smiled, grateful, and she approached her face to his. The tall tom closed his eyes as their noses touched, lovingly."Thank you... With this life, I give you perseverance. Use this so when you fall and fail, feeling that you're hopeless in the most difficult times, you will have the strength to stand up again, see the light and hope so you can working harder to try it again. Don't stay in the past... don't be stuck in your mistakes. Fix them."

A strange energy flooded through his veins. His hopeless feelings, his tensions, were replaced with a new determination, a hope that things would be better if he worked hard for them. Jaystream opened his eyes while he received this life and he looked at the yellow eyes of the she-cat, who was starting to fade away.

"I wish we could have more time... but you have a lot to do now. Be a good leader, Jaystream, and don't forget I'll always be watching over your happiness."

"I won't forget you... Y-You'll always have a special place in my heart, Cinderpaw... I love you." He whispered. Slowly, Cinderpaw slipped through his embrace and she blended with the stars, leaving him alone once again.

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Jaystream's Leader Ceremony   Jaystream's Leader Ceremony EmptyMon 28 May 2018 - 10:12

Specklefang stepped forwards after Cinderpaw, the Thunderclanner out of place amongst all of the Riverclan ancestors. Specklefang could see the disdain in their eyes as she stepped forward, but she'd rip them apart for the chance to deliver this life and message. Specklefang barely knew Jaystream while she was alive, but she was not unknowing of his feud with her faithful mate, Leafstorm. Standing strong and tall the she-cat dipped her head to the tom, looking dead into his eyes with her one. "Jaystream, you may not know me. But I'm Specklefang, I was Leafstorms mate before your leader, Ivystar-" Specklefang spoke the name like it was vile poison, "Fed me death-berries in the middle of my camp for the murder of one of your cats." She meowed, her nose wrinkling from the beginnings of a snarl.

"I've come here to give you much more than just a life, no matter how odd it would be for a Thunderclan cat alone to give just a life." Specklefang let silence fall between them, to let her words settle for a moment before she continued. "With this life, I give you forgiveness, use it to give rest to feuds that have ruffled fur to moons too long." Stepping forwards the she-cat rested her nose against the smaller toms head, before stepping away, letting the tom deal with his new life before continuing, she was not done. "I did not give you that life without reason. I need you to do something for me. I did not murder any Riverclan cat." Specklefang spat, letting her words sink in.

"Ivystar stormed into Thunderclan camp, she demanded penance for the deaths of her warrior and apprentice. I know that my grand-daughter, Flickerpaw is among you now - Flamepaw now I suppose, she had paid her price now she is one of you. But what became of the second cat that murdered the apprentice? I don't know, but I do know that I did not kill that apprentice. My presence in Starclan is proof enough of that. Ivystar would have ripped Thunderclan to shred had no cat taken the blame, my name is now tainted, I am a murderer to all the cats I love, to all the cats I worked so hard to earn the respect and friendship of. It's more than I can bare." Specklefang hissed and spat as she spoke, pacing and her tail lashing as her fur bristled, but as she continued grief seemed to grab a hold of her.

"I want my name cleared, with Ivystar dead I can finally allow that to happen. I will not tell you who the real murderer is, but I assure you they are now passed. As Ivystar's successor, you must right her wrongs. It's the least you can do for Thunderclan." Specklefang spat before turning around and disappearing amongst the throng of cats.
Back to top Go down
Jay Bird
Former Staff
Former Staff
Jay Bird

Pisces Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Jaystream's Leader Ceremony   Jaystream's Leader Ceremony EmptyMon 28 May 2018 - 21:13

When he saw that huge she-cat approaching, the tom flinched but tried to stay still. He had seen her before... not in Riverclan but in the Gatherings, in the war against Thunderclan. How could he forget such a large, scarred she-cat fighting against his clanmates? And not only that. When she said her name, he recognized it immediately.

Specklefang

The Thunderclan she-cat who killed Rowanpaw and was punished by his mother with the dead. He never witnessed such act but the cats that came from the patrol told him what happened. Why was she here in Starclan?! She murdered an apprentice without reasons. That Thunderclan she-cat was a killer! And she was in his ceremony.

The tom flicked his tail nervously and when Specklefang approached him, he didn't have time to react and step back. "W-What?! Wait...!"Jaystream closed his eyes tightly when he felt her muzzle on his forehead... what was she going to do? To his surprise, he gave him something he never expected: forgiveness. He opened his eyes surprised as a strange feeling filled his core. It was painful. He could his chest aching and how he struggled to breathe right. And then... calm, peace of mind.

As he tried to recover from the sudden feelings that overwhelmed him, Specklefang's next affirmation left him stunned. She... did not kill Rowanpaw? At first, he didn't want to believe it but her words made sense so he had to accept it. And that meant... his mother murdered an innocent Thunderclan's cat, who was now seen as a murderer. The tom lowered his ears and looked at her with compassion, pain and sadness. No cat deserved that after her sacrifice. And, even if he hated to admit it, he had a debt with Thunderclan to pay as the new Riverclan's leader. "I-I-I... I'm truly s-sorry for my mother's actions... I'll s-speak to Blizzardstar but please... t-tell me w-who did it! R-Rowanpaw's murderer m-must face their crimes s-somehow." However, the she-cat never answered. She was already gone when he said those last words and she left him there, alone and frustrated.

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Jaystream's Leader Ceremony   Jaystream's Leader Ceremony EmptyMon 28 May 2018 - 22:02

Out of the mist, another form began to materialise before the soon-to-be RiverClan Leader, her sleek silver pelt was unmistakeable for anyone else. Her green eyes were an echo of Jaystream's, but hers seemed to carry the weight of the world within them, something that she hoped that Jaystream would never feel. Letting her scent of freshly fallen rain, and the tang of copper rush out before her, she took her first step onto the starlit plains for her son to greet her.

Her nose wrinkled at the scent of ThunderClan that hung near them, and her farseeing eyes flashed in the general direction that Specklefang had appeared from. Of course they used this moment to try weaken her kin, fools. It was no matter though, Jaystream was strong, the only survivor of his litter, he had borne the weight of her expectations and the rank that he'd been bestowed admirably. He would not waver due to her interference.

"Jaystream, son, I come before you now, not only as your mother, but as your former leader, your ancestor in StarClan. Why are you shaken, my son? Why have you let your heart soften from the words of an enemy. Forgiveness? We do not forgive those who have harmed our own. My son, you have a good heart. And those with good hearts struggle with the burden of Leadership. You cannot be their friends, their allies. All, but RiverClan, is our enemy. No one but your clan will remain by your side when the darkness comes for all." Ivystar spoke as fiercely as she did in her life, her green eyes locked onto his as she made sure that he understood the burden that he was to undertake. She loved him, more than she probably should have, but she could not abide by her clan, her family falling apart. Not even for her son. So her decision on what virtue to pass on was made. Taking in a deep breath, she leant forward to touch noses with her son. Most likely the last time she got to be with him like this, and mother to son, not as equals. "With this life, I give you strength. Use it well to harden your heart to our enemies, and carry the burden of Leadership through all the seasons. You are the mighty jay that must withstand, thunder, wind, dark nights of shadows and the clashing of the skies to lead our clan."

With that said, she stepped back into the darkness, allowing all of RiverClan's ancestors to join her in their celebration. "I, now, hail you by your new name, Jaystar. Your old life is no more. You have now received the nine lives of a leader, and StarClan grants you the guardianship of RiverClan. Defend it well; care for young and old; honour your ancestors and the traditions of the warrior code; live each life with pride and dignity."

With her piece said, it was time to go. The lure of the skies called her, it pulled at her gently, a reminder that this was not her place anymore. She could no longer stand by his side, but Ivystar had never been a particularly obedient cat. Shaking her head, she broke free of it's soothing fog, racing to her son's side one last time to whisper. "Sharptooth. Wildfire. Make them pay."

With that, the stars burst in brightness around her, dragging her back into it's embrace. And leaving the newly named Leader to awaken at Highstones.
Back to top Go down
Jay Bird
Former Staff
Former Staff
Jay Bird

Pisces Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Jaystream's Leader Ceremony   Jaystream's Leader Ceremony EmptyWed 30 May 2018 - 12:27

When he heard her voice, he shivered. The tom slowly turned his body to face his mother and former leader. Jaystream said nothing but he glanced at her with an expression he couldn't truly explain. He should be running into her paws just like sons usually would do when they had the chance to see their dead mother. But Ivystar and he never had that common relationship. The warrior bowed his head when the mighty leader made his way to him, as a sign of respect, admiration and even... love.

When he scolded him, the tom stood up more proud and with determination in his eyes, not shaking anymore. Jaystream, remembering why he was here, talked to her like a soldier to his general, but mostly, like a son determined to prove that he had grown into a true adult. "My heart... has not weakened. I won't forgive them, Ivystar. We might not have shared some beliefs but... I'll always believe that every cat who did something wrong against our clan must take what they deserve. I admired y-you for that..." He mewed with a firmness he never possessed until today, with the gift of his new lives.

He flinched at her words but at the end, he nodded, understanding. As her successor, Jaystream had to be as powerful, determined and strong as she was. Riverclan had to stay strong... and he was the one in charge of that. No matter what happened, his clan was his priority. The rest of them weren't. That was why he accepted his life without complaining. The tom closed his eyes, letting the pain fill his soul. It burned him like a flame like it was destroying everything he was to let him reborn into someone new... someone with the strength to be a leader.

When he opened his green eyes again, he saw all the cats who visited and even more Riverclan warriors, kits, apprentices and leaders watching him. His ancestors... they were here to see his ceremony. The tom fixed his eyes on the grey tabby she-cat once more time, ready to receive his new name and life.

Jaystar

The name felt weird in his ears but deep inside he knew it belonged to him. The former deputy thanked his mother with a brief nod and he looked at the other Starclan with serious eyes, lifting his tail to prove he was going to do his best for the sake of his clan. That was all it mattered. After all this time waiting... he finally found it... his purpose. Riverclan was the reason he was born. It was his place... he knew he belonged to it and because of that, Jaystar was willing to die for them.

The fog started to surround his paws as the Starclan cats started to disappear and fade in the brightness of the stars. The leader was ready to come back... but Ivystar was not ready to let him go without telling him the only thing he asked for.

Sharptooth. Wildfire. Make them pay.

His eyes widened. The new leader tried to open his mouth but when the tom tried to look back to his mother's eyes, she was gone as well as the starry plains. Everything he could see was darkness and the strange feeling of being pushed away into a void with no end.

"Wait!" He cried, waking up. Jaystar looked around confused, trying to process that he wasn't anymore in Starclan but in the Moonstone cave. Slowly, he calmed his breathing and searched for Goldeneye, who was right by his side. "Goldeneye... I-I think... I m-must go to Thunderclan."

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jaystream's Leader Ceremony   Jaystream's Leader Ceremony Empty

Back to top Go down

Jaystream's Leader Ceremony
Page 1 of 1