Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

I'm Gonna Need a Right-Hand Man {ThunderClan's New Deputy}

Go down 
+5
Knight
Cays
Maple
Middy
RainyHeart
9 posters
AuthorMessage
RainyHeart
Former Staff
Former Staff
RainyHeart

Characters : Former: Pansyface ♀, Leopardstar ♂, Finchstream ♀, Ryeheart ♂, Laurelsong ♀, Nightstorm ♂, Fernpetal ♀, Magpiepaw ♂, Chirp ♀, Ashflight ♂, Orchidmask ♀ Basilbloom ♀ | Current: Featherpaw ♀, Tigerkit ♂
Sagittarius Dragon
Number of posts : 3792

I'm Gonna Need a Right-Hand Man {ThunderClan's New Deputy} Empty
PostSubject: I'm Gonna Need a Right-Hand Man {ThunderClan's New Deputy}   I'm Gonna Need a Right-Hand Man {ThunderClan's New Deputy} EmptyMon 21 May 2018 - 21:22

This...this was pure insanity.

As Leopardclaw scaled the Highrock on slow, shaky paws, the reality of what had just occurred began to set in.  Blizzardstar was stepping down as leader, going back to the life of a warrior...leaving him alone as the guiding light of ThunderClan.  He had always known that, someday, he might live to inherit the clan and become its leader...but this soon?  His nerves were shot, how could he possibly fill her place, so soon after he had lost everything?  So many of his beloved kits were gone...including Lichenfang.  The thought of his crippled mate brought a fresh wave of agony sweeping over him.  No one knew where she was...she had just...vanished.  Taking a deep, trembling breath, he was barely able to haul himself the rest of the way onto the stone where he had stood many times...but now, everything was different.

"L..let all c..cats old enough to....to catch their o..own prey gather beneath the H...Highrock for a clan meeting..."  Try as he might, his voice held little power and struggled to pass his jaws.  He didn't know if he could do this...oh StarClan, what am I going to do?!  He wondered how the clan would react...everyone loved Blizzardstar, and they always had.  Would they really accept him, an outsider who seemed doomed to be followed by destruction and pain?  They deserved better than him...yet he is what they would get.

Back to top Go down
Middy

Middy

Characters : [R]ushingpaw
Clan/Rank : [R]-RC App
Leo Snake
Number of posts : 1958

PostSubject: Re: I'm Gonna Need a Right-Hand Man {ThunderClan's New Deputy}   I'm Gonna Need a Right-Hand Man {ThunderClan's New Deputy} EmptyMon 21 May 2018 - 22:00

Birdflight walked out of the warrior's den and sat down close to the Highrock. She saw her father up there, not looking as confident as he used to. The warrior began to feel worried. Blizzardstar was absent for a while. Her father was usually up there doing so much. She was worried for his health.

Rushingpaw ║ ♀ ║ Apprentice - RiverClan[App Stats] 20 HP / 60 SP#C0D6E4

PitaPata Cat tickers
Back to top Go down
Maple
Former Staff
Former Staff
Maple

Characters : *Dustcloud {D}, *Blazeflight {B}, *Silentstrike {Sil}, *Gustpuddle {G}, *Swiftflight {Sw}, *Fennelpaw {Fn}, *Jaysong {Ja}, *Fallowlight {Fa}, *Fern {Fe}, *Brackenberry {Br}, *Ivystar {Iv}, *Specklekit {Sp}, *Beanheart {Be}, *Freckleface {Fr}, Briarthorn {Br}, *Eris {E}, *Hyacinthia {Hy}, *Otterdance {Ot}, Nightbird {Ni}, *Olivepaw {Ol}, Smudgekit {Sm}
Clan/Rank : Tier Five SkyClan Warrior {Br}, Tier Two SkyClan Warrior {Ni}, WindClan Kit {Sm}
Leo Monkey
Number of posts : 4827

PostSubject: Re: I'm Gonna Need a Right-Hand Man {ThunderClan's New Deputy}   I'm Gonna Need a Right-Hand Man {ThunderClan's New Deputy} EmptyMon 21 May 2018 - 23:39

Dustcloud, with a somewhat huffy sigh, got up and walked towards where Birdflight sat. She had no clue what this would be, but she was hoping it was just another apprentice ceremony, or maybe even a warrior ceremony. But, by the sound of Leopardclaw's voice, it didn't seem so. She hoped, genuinely caring, that everything was alright.

♛  Site Baby Sister  ♛

| Briarthorn | Nightbird | Smudgekit |
| T5 SkC Warrior | T2 SkC Warrior | WC Kit |
Back to top Go down
Cays
Former Staff
Former Staff
Cays

Characters : Kestrelkit (SkC) | Marshkit (SC)
Aquarius Horse
Number of posts : 2438

PostSubject: Re: I'm Gonna Need a Right-Hand Man {ThunderClan's New Deputy}   I'm Gonna Need a Right-Hand Man {ThunderClan's New Deputy} EmptyMon 21 May 2018 - 23:45

He spotted the golden tabby making his way up the rock before he called the meeting. His amber eyes blinked sympathetically as he tried to call the meeting, the dark tabby tom stood and padded towards Highrock, settling down at a respectful, but close distance. It was quite soon from what he understood. Unusual that Blizzardstar chose to simply step down. He resisted the urge to look for the former leader, instead, he glanced at Birdflight with a respectful nod.

Words of comfort died on his muzzle. He wanted to give Leopardclaw some encouragement, but the new leader needed to do this on his own. He paused, then blinked thoughtfully. He coughed, his eyes directly on Leopardclaw as he deliberately breathed in, then out. Attempting to give Leopardclaw the advice to breathe without speaking and rudely interrupting.

The rouse was seen by Featherheart, who limped over from the medicine den, but the young warrior said nothing as he laid down at the middle of the gathered cats with a wince. His deep wounds were healing well, but the same could not be said for his internal problems. The pulsing pain was dulled by poppy seeds, but even they could not take away all the neausea as the camp swayed a bit around him.

Knight

Knight

Characters : [H]Harebounce, [R]Redsun, [S]Snaildance, [M]Ramone
Clan/Rank : RC Tier 4 Warrior; TC Tier 3 Warrior, SC Tier 2 Warrior, Tier 1 Rogue
Leo Dragon
Number of posts : 2515

PostSubject: Re: I'm Gonna Need a Right-Hand Man {ThunderClan's New Deputy}   I'm Gonna Need a Right-Hand Man {ThunderClan's New Deputy} EmptyTue 22 May 2018 - 0:13

Darkflight felt incredibly old in this moment. The she-cat's face had been taken over by silver hair and yet she still refused to retire. Blizzardstar was her closest friend and former deputy, and now, former leader. Her pale yellow gaze focused on the spotted tom now atop the Tallrock. Great StarClan, she could remember the day when Blacktwig brought such a tiny scrap of fur into her camp. Who would have known that the foreign-born tom would have such an exemplary understanding of the warrior code while those of her own rearing went on to commit the crimes that she still dared not linger on.

She moved to sit beneath the rock, eyes narrowed from the nostalgia of it all. Her head tilted to face Leopardclaw, whispering something barely louder than the breeze. "Grasswhisker would be proud of you."

"Close your eyes, I'll be here in the mornin'."

Last edited by Night on Tue 22 May 2018 - 0:28; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Rush

Rush

Characters : (R)obinpatch/ (B)lackpanther/ (O)spreyquill/ (F)rozenlake
Clan/Rank : (R)-RC SW(T5)/ (B)-RC NAW(T1)/ (O)-SC NAW(T1)/ (F)-DF Cat (Stationed in TC)
Cancer Snake
Number of posts : 591

PostSubject: Re: I'm Gonna Need a Right-Hand Man {ThunderClan's New Deputy}   I'm Gonna Need a Right-Hand Man {ThunderClan's New Deputy} EmptyTue 22 May 2018 - 0:21

Nighthawk sat down with the rest of the clan. Her sharp green gaze was directed at the deputy, soon to be leader. Her tail curled around her body and she waited patiently for Leopardclaw to continue. She was a bit nervous at what the news would be about hearing his tone of voice.

#ff9933 / #202A44 / #5F9EA0
Sig by Arcana:
Back to top Go down
Drippy

Drippy

Characters : Living: Sunpaw. Dead: so many
Clan/Rank : TC Apprentice
Sagittarius Monkey
Number of posts : 3828

PostSubject: Re: I'm Gonna Need a Right-Hand Man {ThunderClan's New Deputy}   I'm Gonna Need a Right-Hand Man {ThunderClan's New Deputy} EmptyTue 22 May 2018 - 0:40

Sharptooth padded out of the warrior's den, her green eyes dull and tired-looking. The fluffy she-cat felt a fresh wave of sadness wash over her as she sat down beneath the Highrock, looking up at Leopardclaw sadly. The last few moons had affected her former mentor greatly, just like the rest of her clans. The queen sighed, shifting her paws ever so slightly. Hopefully, after a few moons of leading, Leopardclaw would just...
forget.
Sharptooth shook herself, her whiskers trembling. How could she even think... Lost in thought, the young queen shifted once again. Hopefully, she'd be able to go out hunting after this. Just what Specklefang would've done- like mother like daughter, Sharptooth supposed. A little peace and quiet, enough time to marshal her thoughts would be exactly what she'd need.

Leafstorm trotted into camp, a squirrel in his graying jaws. He had been hunting tirelessly ever since Thunderclan's territory had been restored. The tom flicked his tufted ears, walking briskly towards the fresh-kill pile and dropping his prey onto it before joining the others beneath the Highrock. Leopardclaw must be calling a meeting- although about what, he couldn't imagine. Hopefully, some good news was on the way. Starclan knows his family couldn't handle anything more.

Harlem

Cancer Dragon
Number of posts : 1470

PostSubject: Re: I'm Gonna Need a Right-Hand Man {ThunderClan's New Deputy}   I'm Gonna Need a Right-Hand Man {ThunderClan's New Deputy} EmptyTue 22 May 2018 - 20:40

Wisteriapool's head poked out of the warriors' den immediately after she heard the shaky call. This didn't sound good. Usually, the deputy's voice was strong and proud whenever there was an apprentice ceremony to be conducted. Now wasn't the case. After glancing to her left and to her right, the ginger-and-white warrior padded out the den and headed over to where Featherheart had sat down. She still worried greatly about her brother's health, and she always made it her business to check on him whenever she wasn't busy with patrols or other warrior duties. After silently settling down beside her brother, Wisteriapool glanced over at the ginger tabby with slight confusion and a bit of fear glittering in her eyes.
"Wha-what do you th-think th-this is a-about? Le-Leopardclaw s-sounds s-so br-broken." She whispered to him.
Well, the she-cat had a thought of what it could be, but she didn't want to believe it. Leopardclaw would be an excellent leader, but seeing Blizzardstar as the commander in chief of ThunderClan was what she had seen her entire life.

Back to top Go down
RainyHeart
Former Staff
Former Staff
RainyHeart

Characters : Former: Pansyface ♀, Leopardstar ♂, Finchstream ♀, Ryeheart ♂, Laurelsong ♀, Nightstorm ♂, Fernpetal ♀, Magpiepaw ♂, Chirp ♀, Ashflight ♂, Orchidmask ♀ Basilbloom ♀ | Current: Featherpaw ♀, Tigerkit ♂
Sagittarius Dragon
Number of posts : 3792

PostSubject: Re: I'm Gonna Need a Right-Hand Man {ThunderClan's New Deputy}   I'm Gonna Need a Right-Hand Man {ThunderClan's New Deputy} EmptyTue 22 May 2018 - 20:47

Leopardclaw watched, his whole body quivering, as his clanmates began to emerge into the clearing, following his call with a blind trust crafted by moons of tradition and normality.  They expected news, wanted good news, but what he had to say held none of what they wanted to hear.  His eyes softened slightly at the sight of his daughter Birdflight, a worried glint in her eye.  He wanted to leap down and comfort her, hiding his face in her calico-tabby fur until this horrible nightmare faded away, but he held himself upright despite his inner turmoil.  One by one he caught sight of clanmates as they filed into space beneath the leader's post...his post.  He saw cats that he had trained and led to the Moonstone, cats that he had watched grow over the course of their life, cats that had been taken into the clan for a second chance just as he had been...and cats he had known for almost his whole life...like Darkflight.  Seeing his former leader, the cat who had accepted him into ThunderClan, filled his heart with a bright flame of gratitude and respect...along with guilt.  Am I really the best cat to fill the place you once held....how will I ever measure up to the legacy that you and Blizzardstar left?  It feels impossible...  He saw her mouth move from where she sat below the stone, and pricked his ears to try and hear her words.  It was hard, but he just barely managed to pick up through her movements and faint whispering the name...Grasswhisker.  His breath paused for a moment, the memory of his mentor washing over him yet again, his hazel eyes closing.  When they opened again though, they seemed a bit more calm, less wild and worried than before.  Still, only barely.

"C..Cats of ThunderClan, it is in my deepest regret and sadness that I must tell you...that Blizzardstar has decided to step down from the post of leader, in order to return to the life of a warrior."  He paused for a moment, swallowing down the lump that had begun to form in his throat before continuing.  "I can assure you all though, that this is not a decision that she has made lightly.  She loves you all and will continue to watch over and protect the clan as a warrior...but she believes that this is what would be best for the clan...for all of you."  He wondered...how did these cats see him now, standing in the place of the leader they've had for moons?  He knew that he had managed to earn the clan's respect and faith over the seasons, despite his heritage...but would that survive this news?  Did the clan really want him as their leader, an outsider who was taken in out of pure pity?  Would he suffice in their eyes?  Even if he did...would he be able to live up to their expectations?  "Tonight, I shall leave with Blizzardstar to travel to the Moonstone, to receive my nine lives from StarClan, and gain a leader's name.  While I am away though, you will need a deputy."  A deputy...the cat whom a leader trusts above all others, who advises him and supports him through war and peace alike, the organizer of the clan, and second-in-command.  Oh StarClan, who to pick?  There were so many worthy warriors before him, each with unique skills and ideas to bring forth in support of ThunderClan.  The golden spotted tom was quiet for a long moment, deep in concentration, when a name suddenly filtered into his mind.  He knew it was right, he couldn't deny his instincts, but still, he doubted.  Closing his eyes, he took a deep breath in and out and prayed.  My friend, I hope you approve my choice as well.

Raising his eyes to the sky above, he spoke in a tone that rang with confidence that he had not felt for a long while.  "I say these words before StarClan, so that the spirits of our warrior ancestors may hear and approve of my choice."  His eyes dropped to the crowd, finding the eyes of the chosen cat, holding his gaze with an expression of utmost certainty.  "The new deputy of ThunderClan shall be Marshstorm.  I am well aware of the fact that he has not held the title of warrior for very long at all, but...he has shown himself in my eyes to be an intelligent, experienced, hard-working cat, who has battled through many trials to get where he is today.  I was younger than he when Blizzardstar's appointed me as her deputy, so I implore you all to give him the same chance to serve the clan that you once gave me."  Fixing the whole clan with a powerful stare, he hoped that there would not be any objections.  If it came to that though, he was fully prepared to defend his choice; the brother of the cat who he had saved from certain death so many moons ago would be his deputy, and this was one call of fate that he refused to run from.

Back to top Go down
Cays
Former Staff
Former Staff
Cays

Characters : Kestrelkit (SkC) | Marshkit (SC)
Aquarius Horse
Number of posts : 2438

PostSubject: Re: I'm Gonna Need a Right-Hand Man {ThunderClan's New Deputy}   I'm Gonna Need a Right-Hand Man {ThunderClan's New Deputy} EmptyWed 23 May 2018 - 5:44

Featherheart looked at his sister with a sad expression. It wasn't easy to consider that Blizzardstar would no longer be their leader. Since he was born, she had been the leader of the clan. He heard of the fight for sunningrocks and how she had led the clan fiercly against RiverClan. It felt like his world was turning, but he smiled at her softly and nudged Wisteriapool. He ignored the pain in his kidney as he did so.
"I think it's time." He meowed softly. "At least Blizzardstar will still walk with us." He added. They didn't have to see their leader succumb to the loss of another life. Still, his attention turned to the tallrock with intrigue. The only question now... was what Leopardclaw was going to decide.

As more members of the clan gathered, Marshstorm shifted his own position so that the older cats could be as close as they wanted. He gave them a small, respectful smile that lasted until Leopardclaw began to speak. Immediately, his head lifted to listen in solemn silence to the message. He never really knew Blizzardstar, the thought stung a bit, but at least now he would have a chance to talk to her. It was a relief that this ceremony was not one of death, but simply of a change. The idea scared him less than it could have. Change was something he had been apart of many times, his situation changed repeatedly throughout his life. As he reminisced on this, he caught the Leopardclaw speaking of StarClan and brought himself back to the present.

As his name passed the golden tabby's muzzle, he blinked. His mind ground to a sudden halt as he could only blink once more. What? Suddenly, the reality crashed into him. He was deputy. He, of all the cats in ThunderClan, was chosen to be Leopardclaw's right-paw cat. His jaws parted, then closed, his face a mixture of bewilderment and confusion. Never, in any of his life, had he expected this honour. As a kit, the idea of being leader someday passed his mind in fantasy. Now to have it realised was slow to sink in. Breaking himself out of his bewilderment, he took a deep steadying breath. This was a true honour. A responsibility he had never expected.

It was one he would embrace fully. He would never throw away this chance. Another opportunity to give this clan everything he had, every fibre of his being. He nodded slowly, the action felt weighted. There was a lot he needed to learn, more that he needed to know. He would have to focus and do his best, but rather than say any of that, he looked up at Leopardclaw. His eyes gleaming with gratitude and promise.
"Thank you, Leopardclaw." He paused, uncertain how to continue, but it was only proper as he turned his head to his clanmates and stood up slowly. "I am honoured for this opportunity, for the clan that has been so kind to me, I will give you everything." There was no turning back. His gaze looked for Eaglefang briefly, but he didn't let it detract from each cat he could see, name, remember. These cats were closer to him than any ShadowClan cat had ever been. He would not change it for anything.

Ripped
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Ripped

Characters : Auburnflare; Littlesplash; Heatherfrost; Crabpaw | Copper was here <3 Rom 2 c:
Clan/Rank : Tier 2 Warrior - Thunderclan [A]; Tier 2 Medicine Cat - Riverclan [L]; Apprentice - Windclan [H]; Apprentice - Shadowclan [C]
Cancer Buffalo
Number of posts : 6659

PostSubject: Re: I'm Gonna Need a Right-Hand Man {ThunderClan's New Deputy}   I'm Gonna Need a Right-Hand Man {ThunderClan's New Deputy} EmptyThu 24 May 2018 - 21:56

Eaglefang was not known to be the emotional type. So, as a torrent of thoughts and feelings ran through his mind the only way he would handle it was with a low growl. The massive tabby looked cross when the actuality was that he just did not know how to process what was happening, or rather, his own response to what was happening. Since he had been a kit, since his parents had been kits, Blizzardstar had been the leader of Thunderclan. That was about to change. He could not tell if he was relieved that she was stepping down, or angry. It was unreasonable that she should give up leadership. Did she not care for the clan? But, on the other paw, he had found her opinions to be soft on many occasions. After the incident with that former Shadowclan, rogue rebel scum, the young warrior had found more respect for Leopardclaw than ever.

His ear flicked with a mild discomfort as he once more remembered Flamestrike's chastising of him at the moonstone. A great Starclan warrior, one of the legends, had shown up to tell him he was wrong. That did not sit well with him. For a moment, Eaglefang thought over that and the other conversation he had at the moonstone. It was not until Leopardclaw spoke again that he snapped out of it and realized his claws had slid into the earth below. With a grunt, he retracted them and gazed up at the new leader. Leopardclaw was about to chose the deputy. He would have never wanted such a position, given he was content with where he was in serving the clan, but he still expected Leopardclaw to choose someone worthy of the title.

When the name left the leader's maw, Eaglefang's expression went blank. Marshstorm? For a split second, there was the usual doubt about his great uncle's origins, yet it faded under an almost overwhelming sensation that threatened to burst from his chest. Was it pride...? For another cat? Marshstorm was kin, yes, but he was shocked to find himself so enthusiastically yowling out the older cat's name. After the initial shock wore off, the feeling still strong within him, he found himself compelled to pad over to Thunderclan's newest deputy. The tabby slowly dipped his head to the tom that had mostly raised him or done the best he could. A low meow erupted from his maw, and there again was the pride that welled up from within, "Congratulations. I always knew you were destined for great things." As soon as the words came from him, his head shook slightly in confusion, but he said nothing more.

I'm Gonna Need a Right-Hand Man {ThunderClan's New Deputy} Img_0310

⌘ Auburnflare // Tier 2 Warrior // Thunderclan // SteelBlue ⌘
✿ Littlesplash // Tier 2 Medicine Cat // Riverclan // MediumAquamarine ✿
⁂ Heatherfrost // Tier 1 Warrior // Windclan // MediumOrchid ⁂
✲ Crabpaw // Apprentice // Shadowclan // FireBrick ✲

☆☆☆ Ask me about my past characters for lore, or Moonstone Journeys. ☆☆☆

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I'm Gonna Need a Right-Hand Man {ThunderClan's New Deputy}   I'm Gonna Need a Right-Hand Man {ThunderClan's New Deputy} Empty

Back to top Go down

I'm Gonna Need a Right-Hand Man {ThunderClan's New Deputy}
Page 1 of 1