Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Pika-tirement

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Pika-tirement Empty
PostPika-tirement

Hello my beautiful pikalings,

So I've had a long think about my place in the community and came to a sort of revelation, so listen up.

Basically, I realised that WCC isn't life and death to me anymore. Which is good, probably healthier for my mental state, but also probably the reason for my disconnect with many people on this site. A lot of you are a hella lot younger than me, and to you, WCC is everything. It's your social life, your release, and everything in-between. I'm happy that this is that sort of place for you, and that's what I wanted for this site as admin. But since WCC isn't everything to me, I feel like I can't be everything.

I love RPing as Ivystar, but I have IRL stuff. Taking two weeks off from RP shouldn't matter anywhere else, but to you guys, I know it feels like I'm gone for a century. Which is okay, and I understand your frustrations, anger. And I get why Ivystar winning battles angers you all so much, because to you, your characters aren't just characters. Their actions, life and failures are a reflection of yourselves. OOC/IC boundaries are for old-school losers like me.

So I've decided with a heavy heart, that it's time for me to retire Ivystar. And probably RPing on WCC mostly. I'll still keep my cuties, Peatpaw, Minnowslip, Dewtuft, Violetshine, and maybe make some more kids. Or snipe an MCA role from someone because I'm incapable of leaving this hellsite. But I think I'm not suited for leadership since I just can't bring myself to throw everything in for RC. And Jaybird, she's there and capable.

One of the things that I hated the most about WCC when I was Deputy under Spottedstar, was being under a leader that didn't seem to care as much as I did. And I don't want this to be my legacy. Ivystar will be said to have disappeared during the night, like a phantom. IC, she's probably killed herself following her brother's deluded voice.

Now for another issue to address, Staff. I know this is a minority on here, but I hope you all reflect and realise that Staff are amazing. Coon, Badge, Seer, Jaybird, Maple, Rainyheart, Sunlit, Sleepy, yes even Sleepy, are always working tirelessly behind the scenes to make things run for you. To keep the site alive, and ensure things are going smoothly. They don't get paid to do this, and yet they still make it all go while dealing with their RL stuff. I want you all to realise, that when you're talking behind their backs, saying they're being shadow-lizard people that are conspiring against you, you're talking about real people that are volunteers. They took on this job to make the site work, to give others the space to have fun and be creative. That when they deny you something, it's not about you as a person, but about the site.

We are not staff to have a power-trip. We are staff because we love this place.

Please give staff a benefit of a doubt, and realise that having a staff/member boundary is a good thing. You do not need or want to see the hellish brainstorming, head-banging nonsense we go through to make it all work. The time we spend pouring over WCC history to try push the site in new ways. Are we secretive at times? Yes, because sometimes the plot you want kinda touches on things we want to use in the site-wide plot, will start Salt-War 3.0 that we want to avoid without drawing attention to it etc. Also your suggestions we shut down? This site has been running for 8 years now, trust me when I say, if we say something isn't gonna work, it's because we KNOW it isn't gonna work. Like the romans with their many perversions, been there, done that, grew bored of it/realised it wasn't working.

We're not asking for unconditional trust, but try to see that we're not out to get you.

'kay?

Now, back to our usual broadcast.

-Pikaaaaa
Back to top Go down
Share this post on: reddit

Pika-tirement :: Comments

cachaemic
Re: Pika-tirement
Post Sun May 20, 2018 10:14 pm by cachaemic
Hello, Pika!
I know I was never close to you whatsoever, so it's hard to say I'm sad to see you leave, but things around here won't be the same.
I always saw you as the main, star administrator for this site, and I've grown used to seeing you making announcements and addresses to all members on this site, and it will take some getting used to without you here.
When you know you're leaving so many people who look up to you and a rank that is somewhat hard to achieve, I must say I admire the courage you have to say that you'll be going. You know you have to leave for the better, and you're not afraid to "give up" everything you've worked for. That's the thing we need in a leader. Courage and bravery.

It's a shame I never got to know you more.
Your main presence here will be dearly missed.
I know you're not really abandoning the site completely, but I just wanted to say some "i n s p i r i n g" words.

Achieve great things in life, okay?
<3
Yoshachu
Post Sun May 20, 2018 10:44 pm by Yoshachu
I'm really sorry to hear this, but I trust that this will be the best thing for you. You're right, to a child, teenager, or even young adult, social media and roleplaying forums are very important for different reasons, and to be completely honest hearing that it isn't absolutely everything to you is a tad bit surprising, but not at all unheard of. ...Hope that didn't sound worse than what I was trying to make it sound. XD

I'm also sorry that Ivystar will be stepping down, not just because of the character herself, but also because of her successor. Jaystream -- er, Jaystar soon enough -- will probably not be too comfortable leading RiverClan. That's not to say I don't believe in Jay Bird's abilities, she'll do amazing! It's just keeping in character, y'know?
And for what it's worth, I really like Ivystar for her own reasons. Sure, she's very harsh on other Clans and even on her own Clanmates, but she does it for the greater good: to protect her Clan and her territory, to teach lessons and deal retribution where it's due, to make sure each of her Clanmates keep to the straight and narrow with the warrior code. She really compliments Jaystream well, and I'm gonna miss that.

I really wish you the best of luck. Go out there and make friends, earn money, accomplish goals, and make your dreams come true! <3
Post  by Sponsored content

Pika-tirement

Page 1 of 1