Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
The Clans, each suffering in a way of their own, fight to maintain the normal peaceful life they built. What struggles await them with the shifting seasons?
Leaf-fall has come at last, and the trees are shifting colors. Cooler nights linger, and the morning dawns misted.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Make sure to check your Clan's Key Events under the Clan Information boards to see what's happening in your Clan!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Now Things For Sure Are Going My Way (CLOSED)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Jay Bird
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Jay Bird

Characters : Redmask ♀ / Berrycloud ♂ / Lynxpaw ♀
Female
Pisces Dragon
Number of posts : 3552
Clan/Rank : Riverclan

Now Things For Sure Are Going My Way (CLOSED) Empty
PostSubject: Now Things For Sure Are Going My Way (CLOSED)   Now Things For Sure Are Going My Way (CLOSED) Icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2018 10:07 am

The experienced warrior needed some fresh air and Jaystream gave her the chance to do that. Hunting patrols weren't exactly the most entertaining way to spend the free time but it was way better than just staying in the camp fixing dens. And, also, she had the chance to keep training her apprentice, Mosspaw. And Scorchclaw wasn't a bad company either. "Okay, I think we're good here." She mewed the moment she stopped on a clearing next to the river. The scarred she-cat glanced at the two tomcats with serious odd eyes. "We will leave only once each of us hunt two pieces of prey, understood? We must not hunt more than we can carry in our mouths or we might risk losing the fresh-kill." Silverfang ordered as the leader of the patrol and the oldest of the small group.

°Berrycloud° | ºRedmaskº | Lynxscar
Tom/ RC [Tier 5] Warrior | She-cat/ RC [Tier 2] Warrior | Tom/ SC [Tier 2] Warrior

Deceased Masterlist
Back to top Go down
ginger

ginger

Characters : Mosspaw | Horsekit | Milkkit
Female
Number of posts : 296

PostSubject: Re: Now Things For Sure Are Going My Way (CLOSED)   Now Things For Sure Are Going My Way (CLOSED) Icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2018 12:35 am

Mosspaw was buzzing with excitement, unable to contain his enthusiasm. Silverfang was taking him on a hunting patrol!

The old Mosspaw would have been filled with anxious energy when Silverfang beckoned, but not anymore! Nope! The new Mosspaw was only filled with brimming confidence, little black chest puffing forward as he sprang right behind his silver mentor. Everything Dewshine had shown him that day had helped his hunting immensely -- this was his chance to show his mentor!

It would probably be hard for Silverfang to believe, but Mosspaw wasn't a mess at this anymore!

Two catches? Mosspaw heard, tail lashing in excitement. He could do two catches easy! This new, improved Mosspaw could!

"Yes, Silverfang!"
he mewed, impossibly restless -- he couldn't wait to start hunting!

And, in fact, the little black tom didn't. Scorchclaw hadn't even replied to Silverfang when Mosspaw's ears perked, head snapping to an area near his right. And just beyond a cluster of reeds, he saw it -- a flash of brown, nibbling by the riverbank! It was a water vole!

He stalked it just like Dewshine had -- with light pawsteps and every muscle tensed for balance -- but the little tom was also thrumming with anticipation. Silverfang's presence made his fur tingle; the tom eager to impress her. And when the excitement broke free, so did Mosspaw -- breaking his crouch to slip across the mud in a hasty leap!

But when he landed, it was with a clumsy roll -- muzzle and paws sliding into the slippery muck; nothing between his paws but thick, sticky brown. The water rodent gave a high-pitched noise, but it was too late when the tom yanked his limbs free from their mucky pirson with a pop. His prey had already scampered away, into the taller grass.

"Mouse-dung...!"
the little tom muttered, ears flicking back. He'd almost had it!

Last edited by ginger on Mon May 07, 2018 12:46 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Characters : Mistpelt
Female
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 8335
Clan/Rank : RiverClanWarrior

PostSubject: Re: Now Things For Sure Are Going My Way (CLOSED)   Now Things For Sure Are Going My Way (CLOSED) Icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2018 12:35 am

The member 'ginger' has done the following action : Dices roll

'Hunting Dice' : 7

Now Things For Sure Are Going My Way (CLOSED) Mistpe10Now Things For Sure Are Going My Way (CLOSED) Forever-book-trailer-182x140Now Things For Sure Are Going My Way (CLOSED) 39725f27f7e7f928a8660c1f51e1f00127d0645_t
Now Things For Sure Are Going My Way (CLOSED) Sig2
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=xxxmuffinheadxxx
Transient

Transient

Characters : (To)rrentstar; (T)igerleaf; (H)ailpaw; (M)ao
Female
Number of posts : 1389
Clan/Rank : (S)RC deputy, (T)SkC warrior, (C)default rogue, (H)TC apprentice

PostSubject: Re: Now Things For Sure Are Going My Way (CLOSED)   Now Things For Sure Are Going My Way (CLOSED) Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2018 1:46 am

The brown tabby tom padded silently behind his two clanmates at the back of the patrol. Compared to Mosspaw, who was practically oozing excitement, Scorchclaw seemed to have an almost listless light in his green eyes. He really did not look any different from his usual self, but a careful observer would have been able to tell that something was up. Although a few days had passed since the incident, the scene of Jaystream carrying a severely injured Adderpaw into camp was still branded into his mind. His fluffy gray friend could have died. Just thinking about ThunderClan now made him want to dig his claws in the ground. It had come as a welcome relief when Jaystream had put him on a hunting patrol. It would be a good way to clear his mind for a while as well as work off some restless energy.

"Got it." With a flick of his fluffy tail to show that he understood Silverfang's instructions, he headed in the direction of the nearby river. Burbling softly, the clear waters lapped at the graveled bank just short of his paws. The warrior settled down by it after a last glance back at the other two cats. In due time, his sharp gaze found what he was diligently searching for. Without wasting a second, he plunged a paw into the water and scooped up a thrashing fish. At that moment, a shadow fell over the surface of the water. Startled, Scorchclaw glanced up, and the fish fell back into the river with a splash. An owl was bearing down on him, talons outstretched. Oh great.

xxx

The owl that had been circling overhead swooped down as fast as it could upon seeing the glint of scales appear above the surface of the water. However, right when a free meal was in reach, the fish vanished back into the depths of the river. Disappointment flooded through it at the loss. Training its wide-eyed gaze on the adult cat before it, it raked its sharp talons across the cat's pelt instead.

Owl used Talon Strike, dealing 10 damage and costing 10 stamina.

Owl
50/50 HP
110/120 SP

Scorchclaw
35/45 HP
160/160 SP

OOC: whhyyyy

Now Things For Sure Are Going My Way (CLOSED) Screen11

Torrentstar 120 HP/300 SP➳RiverClan
Hailpaw 20 HP/80 SP➳ThunderClan

Last edited by Transient Days on Tue May 08, 2018 2:04 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Female
Pisces Dog

PostSubject: Re: Now Things For Sure Are Going My Way (CLOSED)   Now Things For Sure Are Going My Way (CLOSED) Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2018 1:46 am

The member 'Transient Days' has done the following action : Dices roll

'Hunting Dice' : 10

Now Things For Sure Are Going My Way (CLOSED) Mistpe10Now Things For Sure Are Going My Way (CLOSED) Forever-book-trailer-182x140Now Things For Sure Are Going My Way (CLOSED) 39725f27f7e7f928a8660c1f51e1f00127d0645_t
Back to top Go down
Jay Bird
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Jay Bird

Female
Pisces Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Now Things For Sure Are Going My Way (CLOSED)   Now Things For Sure Are Going My Way (CLOSED) Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2018 5:05 pm

OOC: Now things are for sure not going Silverfang's way XD

IC: Silverfang was about to walk to the river to catch a fish when she spotted the great shadow of a large bird. Right after its claws crossed the flesh of the tom, the experienced warrior ran and hit it to the ground as her fur bristled in her back. "You're not going to ruin my day, you dumb bunch of feathers!" She snarled fiery, unsheathing her claws preparing for the fight.

Silverfang used Run-and-Tackle, dealing 11 + 3 damage and costing 10 stamina.

Owl
36/50 HP
110/120 SP

Silverfang
80/80 HP
230/240 SP

Tom/ RC [Tier 5] Warrior | She-cat/ RC [Tier 2] Warrior | Tom/ SC [Tier 2] Warrior

Deceased Masterlist
Back to top Go down
ginger

ginger

Female

PostSubject: Re: Now Things For Sure Are Going My Way (CLOSED)   Now Things For Sure Are Going My Way (CLOSED) Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2018 12:49 am

Mosspaw's hackles spiked at the sound of a owl's screech -- Silverfang's snarl distinctive in his ears. Heartbeat immediately racing, the little black tom spun around, his lost catch forgotten -- only to see a mass of brown feathers tumbling across the damp right in front of him.

Silverfang's blow knocked it cleanly, and the tom could see the mud streaked across the feathers from its fall -- it would get up soon! Mosspaw felt nervousness within him, knowing now that it wasn't some game, like he had so many moons before against that dog -- What if I miss? What if it's like hunting? What if--?

But Dewshine's calm confidence flooded from his memory -- and suddenly, Mosspaw realized it didn't matter. The anxious energy still tingled in his paws but it only took the sight of crimson on its talons -- Scorchclaw's -- that had him snapping to action.

The last time he'd fought, it had been with Silverfang -- defending against a beast that sliced open her shoulder! And Spotfur's ear! He -- he wasn't going to let them do it again!

With a little yowl, the little tom sprung -- leaping firmly onto the owl's back! Silverfang's blow stunned it, and Mosspaw teetered for a moment, before gripping onto it firmly -- teeth biting into mud-stained feathers!

Mosspaw used Leap-and-hold on the owl, dealing 6 damage and costing 10 SP.

Owl
30/50 HP
110/120 SP

Mosspaw
20/20 HP
70/80 SP

OOC: lol, Transient this has happened in pretty much 100% of the hunting topics I've taken part in. >u< 10% chance, pfft

Last edited by ginger on Wed May 09, 2018 12:51 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Female
Pisces Dog

PostSubject: Re: Now Things For Sure Are Going My Way (CLOSED)   Now Things For Sure Are Going My Way (CLOSED) Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2018 12:49 am

The member 'ginger' has done the following action : Dices roll

'Effect Dice' : 6

Back to top Go down
Transient

Transient

Female

PostSubject: Re: Now Things For Sure Are Going My Way (CLOSED)   Now Things For Sure Are Going My Way (CLOSED) Icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2018 2:26 am

The owl's strike sent droplets of blood scattering across the ground. With a hiss of pain, Scorchclaw jerked backwards to avoid another attack from the flashing talons. Just as he did so, the owl was suddenly batted to the side by a powerful force. Silverfang had arrived, the older warrior's bristling fur making her look even more ferocious than usual. As the bird of prey lay stunned on the ground, Mosspaw pounced unto its back, sinking his fangs into... wherever he chose to bite it. The black tom had reacted quickly, but for how long would he be able to hold the owl down?

Scorchclaw glanced at the wound he had received. It didn't look too deep. Or did it? He couldn't tell. The rapidly flowing blood was preventing him from accurately judging the seriousness of the wound. Whatever. At the very least, he could tell that it hurt. Gritting his teeth, he aimed a vicious kick with his hind legs at the pinned owl.

Scorchclaw used Back Kick, dealing 11 damage and costing 15 stamina.

Owl
19/50 HP
110/120 SP

Scorchlaw
35/45 HP
145/160 SP

xxx

The owl thrashed wildly beneath Mosspaw, almost managing to hit the young tom in the face. Its once majestic feathers were now disorderly, stained with blood and dirt.

OOC: This is only the second time for me...

Back to top Go down
Jay Bird
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Jay Bird

Female
Pisces Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Now Things For Sure Are Going My Way (CLOSED)   Now Things For Sure Are Going My Way (CLOSED) Icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2018 1:39 pm

When the apprentice pinned the predator, the older warrior saw a good opportunity to feed her clan. "Keep it down, Mosspaw! Sink your claws into its wings!" She shouted as the bird struggled under the body of the small tom. Mosspaw might be a little smaller than the rest of his denmates but he had proven to be a very capable fighter. Following Scorclaw, Silverfang attacked once more time, smacking the head of the bird with both of her unsheathed claws.

Silverfang used Upright lock, dealing 16 damage and costing 25 stamina.

Owl
3/50 HP
110/120 SP

Silverfang
80/80 HP
205/240 SP

Deceased Masterlist
Back to top Go down
Jay Bird
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Jay Bird

Female
Pisces Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Now Things For Sure Are Going My Way (CLOSED)   Now Things For Sure Are Going My Way (CLOSED) Icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2018 1:53 pm

(bump)

Deceased Masterlist
Back to top Go down
ginger

ginger

Female

PostSubject: Re: Now Things For Sure Are Going My Way (CLOSED)   Now Things For Sure Are Going My Way (CLOSED) Icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2018 1:25 pm

Hearing his mentor's words, Mosspaw didn't think -- he just sunk his claws into the bird, his weight sinking fully onto its left wing. The bird screeched beneath him, and Mosspaw's heart raced wildly in his ears but he held on -- sinking his teeth into its neck...

...until suddenly, it stopped.

Mosspaw maintains Leap-and-hold, dealing 6 damage and costing 10SP.

Owl
0/50 (-6)
110/120

Transient

Female

PostSubject: Re: Now Things For Sure Are Going My Way (CLOSED)   Now Things For Sure Are Going My Way (CLOSED) Icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2018 8:11 pm

At last, the wildly thrashing bird went still beneath Mosspaw. Was it really dead, or had it just given up fighting? As the seconds sped by, and the owl remained unmoving without even a single twitch, Scorchclaw grew convinced that it was dead. Drawing closer to get a better look at its beaked visage, he noticed that one large wing was bent sharply in an unnatural direction. Even a mouse would have been able to tell that it was severely broken. Looking at it almost hurt. Almost.

Now that the owl had been dealt with, Scorchclaw turned his attention to the mess of feathers that had been scattered over the scene. The clean ones would make good bedding, especially for the queens and elders. They were quite pretty--white with brown stripes.

A sudden throb of pain at his side made him wince. First, he needed to stop the blood. Padding over to a nearby tree, he tore off the moss that covered its base and held it awkwardly over the wound. It seemed like it would be rather unrealistic for him to hunt now. Land prey would easily smell the scent of his blood and run away. Fishing would probably still be okay, though. He waved his fluffy tail at Silverfang and Mosspaw, saying with a serious expression, "Thanks for the help, you can go back to hunting. Once I've stopped bleeding, I'll see if I can still catch some fish. If not, I'll just return to camp first."

Back to top Go down
Jay Bird
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Jay Bird

Female
Pisces Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Now Things For Sure Are Going My Way (CLOSED)   Now Things For Sure Are Going My Way (CLOSED) Icon_minitimeFri May 25, 2018 6:43 pm

OOC: Well, after that battle, just one more hunting attempt per rper and we can end this soon :3

IC: Silverfang breather heavily, trying to relax her tensed body. Her odd eyes glanced at the dead bird under the paws of her apprentice. After all, this encounter was going to be useful. Its meat would feed the clan well and, just like Scorchclaw thought, its feathers would be perfect to decorate and complement the current nests and dens. The experienced warrior smiled. "Good job, Mosspaw, now, go back to hunting while I check Scorchclaw." She ordered with dismissal flick of her tail.

The scarred warrior walked to the other tom and looked at his wounds. They weren't too deep and even if the patch of moss he made was clumsily done, it should be enough for now. "For now, you should rest. After I and Moss catch something, we will help you to come back." She mewed with a reassuring nod.

Not losing any other second, the she-cat made her way to the river and she swiftly tossed a fish from it with one paw. In just a few seconds, the slippery animal was hanging from her jaws. She dropped it in front of the brown tabby warrior and pushed it forward to him. "You carry this one while I carry the owl back to the camp."

Deceased Masterlist
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Female
Pisces Dog

PostSubject: Re: Now Things For Sure Are Going My Way (CLOSED)   Now Things For Sure Are Going My Way (CLOSED) Icon_minitimeFri May 25, 2018 6:43 pm

The member 'Jay Bird' has done the following action : Dices roll

'Hunting Dice' : 9

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Now Things For Sure Are Going My Way (CLOSED)   Now Things For Sure Are Going My Way (CLOSED) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Now Things For Sure Are Going My Way (CLOSED)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warrior Clan Cats :: Areas of the Forest :: RiverClan Territory-
Jump to: