Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

what a wonderful world [open]

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Titanium

Titanium

Characters : [b]reezepaw | [s]oftkit | [p]inekit
Aries Goat
Number of posts : 1239

what a wonderful world [open] Empty
PostSubject: what a wonderful world [open]   what a wonderful world [open] EmptyThu May 03, 2018 9:43 am

Goosekit had been sat there for a long time.

The entrance to camp was such a fascinating place. Watching the warriors and the apprentices bustle around, heading in and out for their patrols. He would shrink back a little when he saw a new cat coming, and then straighten up again when they had passed. The kit felt very self-conscious of what the other cats would think of him. He was perfectly content to just admire the wall all day, but he never dreamt of going outside of camp. The gorse was really quite pretty. The way the spikes delicately crossed over each other, overlapping to fill all the gaps. The varied lengths that created such an interesting pattern. The vibrant yellow flowers that had begun to blossom. It took his breath away. Sometimes, after he had been examining the wall for a longer time than usual, he would get to watch as a bug crawled down a spike, or as a feather danced through the air and became tangled in the prickly gorse. Goosekit loved watching this. He just didn't like other cats to see him. Ever. Which was inevitable, really, because he was a kit and he was in the camp. With a small sigh, he remarked for the millionth time his nice it would be if he wasn't so anxious about everything. His bright yellow eyes took in everything. They turned towards the ground when a small beetle crawled across his paw. Intrigued, he lifted it, examining the little black beetle as it slowly made progress. That was when he saw the shadow. There was another cat watching him. What!? He didn't like cats to actually pay attention! Shocked, he accidentally shook off the bug and whipped around, his fur bristling in fear and anxiety.

breezepaw | skyclan apprentice | 20 / 80 | colour code #99ccff

softkit | skyclan unborn kit | 5 / 15 | colour code #666699

pinekit | shadowclan unborn kit | 5 / 15 | colour code #cc0033

~ not all who wander are lost ~
Back to top Go down
Holly
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Holly

Characters : | Leopardstar | Nightdancer | Lightningbreeze | Mistflower | Scarletpaw |
Clan/Rank : | ShadowClan Leader | ThunderClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | RiverClan Apprentice |
Gemini Cat
Number of posts : 5984

PostSubject: Re: what a wonderful world [open]   what a wonderful world [open] EmptyThu May 03, 2018 10:29 am

Featherlight had been making her way to the camp's exit when she saw the small figure. "Going somewhere, little one?" she asked quietly, watching the beetle fly off. "Oh dear... It seems you disturbed your little friend. Did I startle you?"

ShadowClan ~ ThunderClan ~ SkyClan ~ SkyClan ~ RiverClan ~ Nomad
Leader ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Apprentice ~ Scout
Tier 5 ~ Tier 5 ~ Tier 3 ~ Tier 3 ~ Tier 0 ~ Tier 3
Back to top Go down
Titanium

Titanium

Aries Goat

PostSubject: Re: what a wonderful world [open]   what a wonderful world [open] EmptyThu May 03, 2018 11:18 am

"O-oh! I w-was just w-watching the w-wall." He stammered, eyes wide as he took in the cat before him. It was probably a mousebrained thing to say, but he didn't even notice. This cat was so much bigger than him! And she seemed nice, but... Was she mocking him? Was his pelt messy or something? He tried to smile up at Featherlight, but he was just so scared. " N-no, it's o-okay. " He tried to sound brave, but his anxiety easily showed through his voice.

Back to top Go down
Holly
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Holly

Characters : | Leopardstar | Nightdancer | Lightningbreeze | Mistflower | Scarletpaw |
Clan/Rank : | ShadowClan Leader | ThunderClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | RiverClan Apprentice |
Gemini Cat

PostSubject: Re: what a wonderful world [open]   what a wonderful world [open] EmptyThu May 03, 2018 12:29 pm

"May I join you, then?" Featherlight asked. "If it's not too much trouble, of course. I truly am sorry for startling you. But it's always nice to watch your Clanmates going about their day, isn't it? Apprentices going out for training, warriors going on patrol, the occasional kit trying to sneak out of camp."

Truth be told, Featherlight's position was often a lonely one by nature, but the simple act of watching her Clanmates took some of that loneliness away all by itself. Remembering that she wasn't alone, that she was part of her Clan, part of her fellow medicine cats, part of whatever plan the stars had for all of them. And sometimes she could take the time to get to know her Clanmates on a more personal level, something she always treasured. Something about this kit stuck out to her - she saw a little bit of herself in him. Small, easily startled, perhaps a little bit shy.

Well, she would make it her mission in that moment to keep Goosekit from feeling lonely, at least as often as she could manage.

Back to top Go down
Yoshachu

Yoshachu

Characters : (a) Sparkfire, (b) Honeysong, (c) Bubblepaw
Clan/Rank : (a) ShadowClan - Tier 4 Warrior, (b) ShadowClan - Tier 1 Medicine Cat, (c) RiverClan - Apprentice
Aquarius Rat
Number of posts : 4118

PostSubject: Re: what a wonderful world [open]   what a wonderful world [open] EmptyThu May 03, 2018 1:40 pm

(OOC: Hope you don't mind if I join!)

Fernwing trotted back into camp with the small hunting patrol, proudly carrying a plump white hare in her jaws. Well, more like dragging it. Hares were pretty big compared to cats, especially plump ones. She spotted Featherlight and one of WindClan's youngest members Goosekit sitting by the wall, and she smiled before beginning to drag the prey over to them. She let out a muffled mew of greeting from behind before placing it down at their paws.

"Hi, Featherlight! Hi, Goosekit!" the newly appointed warrior meowed happily, her long bushy tail swishing excitedly behind her. "Have either of you two eaten yet today? If not, you can share this hare that I caught with my amazing speed and agility!" She just then realized that she had never formerly introduced herself to the young kit yet, and she lowered herself onto her belly to meet his gaze better. "My name's Fernwing by the way! I was made a warrior a few days ago! Are you gonna become a warrior, too? Maybe I could be your mentor! Or if you wanna be a medicine cat, I just know Featherlight will be the best mentor for you. The medicine cat before her, Mottleheart, taught her everything she knows, and she's the best medicine cat in the forest now, which means you'll be the best medicine cat apprentice in the forest if you become her apprentice! But of course, you could be the best warrior ever, too, if I were to train you." As per usual, Fernwing couldn't seem to stop meowing on and on with excitement.

Honeysong the ShadowClan Queen ~ #3bbb9d
Bubblekit the RiverClan Apprentice ~ #8ebb7b

Current Events
Sparkfire has returned to ShadowClan with her mate Honeysong and her adopted son Softkit.
Honeysong has followed Sparkfire back to ShadowClan and has given up her medicine cat title.
Bubblepaw has begun her training under her mother and mentor Flashlight.

PitaPata Cat tickers
Back to top Go down
Titanium

Titanium

Aries Goat

PostSubject: Re: what a wonderful world [open]   what a wonderful world [open] EmptySat May 05, 2018 8:57 pm

Goosekit’s ear flicked as he listened to Featherlight. This was real, genuine kindness. She really was very nice. And a medicine cat, too. He heard that from the other cats when they went about their business. He sat a little straighter, less nervous now than he was before. ”Y-yeah, of c-course.” He replied. That was when Fernwing joined the conversation. He shrunk back by nature, yellow eyes wide. She kept talking, and talking, and talking... and she was so loud! He couldn’t help but be intimidated by this warrior. She looked so happy, though, and she carried a big, juicy hare. She seemed as nice as Featherlight, but more... Energetic? Loud? Excitable? He could think of many words to describe this warrior. ”O-okay, okay!” He said, mainly trying to just agree wth her try to get rid of his overwhelming fear and anxiety. There was no excitement in his voice, his eyes narrowed as if Fernwing was a bright light, brighter than the sun. He was taken aback by how bubbly she was. She did tell him things, though. About who Mottleheart was and that Featherlight was the best medicine cat in the forest and that he would be a great apprentice.

He decided to go ahead and like the two she-cats.

Last edited by Titanium the Janitor on Mon May 07, 2018 12:26 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Holly
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Holly

Gemini Cat

PostSubject: Re: what a wonderful world [open]   what a wonderful world [open] EmptyMon May 07, 2018 12:20 am

Featherlight tended to shy away from large amounts of attention, and Fernwing's praise was a little more than she was used to. "I don't know about 'the best in the forest'," she mumbled. "But I certainly wouldn't say no to something to eat. And Fernwing is right, Goosekit - I'm certain that whatever path you choose, you'll be wonderful."

Back to top Go down
Yoshachu

Yoshachu

Clan/Rank : (a) ShadowClan - Tier 4 Warrior, (b) ShadowClan - Tier 1 Medicine Cat, (c) RiverClan - Apprentice
Aquarius Rat

PostSubject: Re: what a wonderful world [open]   what a wonderful world [open] EmptyMon May 07, 2018 1:41 am

Fernwing purred with amusement. ”Well, you are WindClan’s medicine cat, aren’t you? So of course you’re the best in the forest! But then again, there was Mottleheart and the medicine cats before him, and then there will be the kit or apprentice you’ll train yourself, and then all the medicine cats after them, so I guess you’re one of the best medicine cats in the forest, because you’re all WindClan! You’re still amazing, though, Featherlight, and don’t you ever forget it!”

She bit down hard on the hare’s side and tore away a large chunk of meat, then placed it next to Goosekit. ”Try some, won’t you? Hare is absolutely delicious! Of course I actually love the taste of squirrel more, but they’re so tricky to catch. I did catch one a few days ago, though, and I didn’t really get the chance to eat it because I wanted Cedarfur and Dewtuft to have it, but at least they found it super tasty! Have you ever tried squirrel? It’s a little like mouse, only with a stronger nutty, earthy taste. Probably because they eat lots of nuts!” The she-cat couldn’t seem to stop herself from rambling on and on.

Current Events
Sparkfire has returned to ShadowClan with her mate Honeysong and her adopted son Softkit.
Honeysong has followed Sparkfire back to ShadowClan and has given up her medicine cat title.

PitaPata Cat tickers
Back to top Go down
Titanium

Titanium

Aries Goat

PostSubject: Re: what a wonderful world [open]   what a wonderful world [open] EmptySun May 13, 2018 10:20 pm

Goosekit did his best to straighten up as he listened to Fernwing go on and on about prey and medicine cats. She was very nice, and so was Featherlight, but in different ways. He managed a small smile as he bent down to taste some of the hare. It really was delicious! He licked his lips afterwards, trying to savour the taste and keep it in his mind forever. ”Mm! T-that w-was really l-lovely!” He told Fernwing.

Back to top Go down
Holly
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Holly

Gemini Cat

PostSubject: Re: what a wonderful world [open]   what a wonderful world [open] EmptyTue May 15, 2018 7:53 am

Taking a small bite of the prey, Featherlight purred in amusement at Fernwing's continued praise. "Well, I suppose I certainly did learn from some of the best, at least, and I can only hope I manage to eventually pass my own knowledge on to another great medicine cat... Oh! This is lovely. Thank you, Fernf-Fernwing." The young warrior reminded Featherlight so much of her mother that she nearly called her Fernfeather, and had to stop herself.

Back to top Go down
Yoshachu

Yoshachu

Aquarius Rat

PostSubject: Re: what a wonderful world [open]   what a wonderful world [open] EmptyTue May 15, 2018 8:05 am

"Aww, you're wel-" Fernwing halted mid-sentence at the near accidental slip-up, and once again in her life she was filled with a distinct sadness. She had never gotten to know her mother before she passed away after being attacked by a former Clanmate turned rogue -- her father's former apprentice as a matter of fact. She had always felt somehow that Fernfeather was always with her, but ever since her warrior ceremony she felt very empty inside, as if her mother was no longer watching over her. She offered Featherlight a rather sad smile and nodded her head. For once she was at a loss for words.

Current Events

PitaPata Cat tickers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: what a wonderful world [open]   what a wonderful world [open] Empty

Back to top Go down

what a wonderful world [open]
Page 1 of 1