Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Easier Done Than Said [CLOSED]

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mink

Mink

Number of posts : 2105

Easier Done Than Said [CLOSED] Empty
PostSubject: Easier Done Than Said [CLOSED]   Easier Done Than Said [CLOSED] EmptyApril 27th 2018, 11:51 am

Otterpaw stretched in his nest, half awake from stirring in his nest. His paws extended as he flipped onto his back and moved every muscle he could to prevent any soreness from the training that he had been doing the past few days. He huffed as his paw poked someone else who had been sleeping in the den as well. Green eyes opening, his foot twitched away from the fur as he mumbled a sorry. Green eyes peered back at him as he looked at who he poked with his paw, unsure if the she-cat was angry about it or not. "Sorry I didn't mean to touch you!" He explained softly, "I always stretch and roll around in the mornings cause it stops my legs from being sore and helps me move better, you know? I think it's good for you, I got my mentor, Mumblefoot into the habit too because once you start doing it you can see how fun it is to do! I like rolling around in the morning in the dirt because if you go hunting then you have dust going into the wind instead of your scent. I think it's smart but other cats don't like having their fur dirty because they have to lick it off when you're done for the day but once you've tasted earth long enough, eh, you get used to it." He spoke out, his voice was a whisper and most of his words were mumbled out as he closed his eyes again, feeling over all sleepy but he probably wasn't going to go back to a full sleep for the rest of the day.

He shifted onto his belly, his eyes still resting, he faced the she-cat that he had stirred from sleep. "You're Fawnpaw. right?" He asked, "I'm guessing you don't roll around in dirt because you're white! Well that's okay, I think if I had white thick fur like that I wouldn't want to roll around in dirt either. How do you groom yourself? It looks like you have a hard time because you have so much! I'm surprised that you don't have hard clumps of fur, unless you share tongues a lot with other cats, that's cool! I always wanna share tongues but I don't think that they like me talking so much, but I think that's the point of sharing tongues is to talk to each other and share stories because that's what elders do to kits. They groom them and they tell stories and I try doing the same thing but it looks like they just get annoyed and I don't understand why."

Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Easier Done Than Said [CLOSED]   Easier Done Than Said [CLOSED] EmptyApril 27th 2018, 12:09 pm

Fawnpaw jerked away on reflex when a paw pressed into her side, her head whipped around to look at Otterpaw who was already apologizing profusely before going on a long-winded tangent. Large green eyes blinked blearily as the apprentice continued, before easing off into a daze and then continuing like he hadn't just tried to go back to sleep. Fawnpaw just watched the tom talk and talk with a smile on her face, though whenever he just asked her a question she just smiles and nodded.

Fawnpaw wished she could contribute to the conversation but the scars on her throat were a cruel reminder of why she could not. Tilting her head in thought the apprentice nudged closer and gave the tom a lick on his rump and a raspy chuckle, she hoped he got the message because if he was feeling down that no cat was sharing tongues with him, she would do it. What did Fawnpaw have to lose? Her ears probably, but if it made him happy, she was happy!
Back to top Go down
Mink

Mink

Number of posts : 2105

PostSubject: Re: Easier Done Than Said [CLOSED]   Easier Done Than Said [CLOSED] EmptyApril 27th 2018, 1:11 pm

Otterpaw had waited for a reply until he remembered the talk that the she-cat had scars on her throat that prevented her from communicating, but the young tom didn't mind, he wanted to ask what happened but he knew that she wouldn't be able to tell the story. Perhaps he should ask Mumblefoot about it when he got the chance, maybe next time they were out on a patrol or something related he could bring it up. He was sure that it could've been an interesting story, the she-cat looked too calm and level headed to put herself in a situation like that all on her own.

He felt her tongue rasp against his rump and he scooted closer to the she-cat, purring out softly, "I wasn't complaining about you just older warriors that don't want an earful of whatever I'm saying." He commented, pressing his head against the female feline's side, brushing his cheek on her and hen lapped his tongue a few times against the mass of fluff. He purred out slightly that Fawnpaw was nice enough to make him feel better with simple actions, "You're really nice, you know? Most cats would just turn their bodies away from me and pay me no attention on what I was doing. I think that's what most of their problems are, if it doesn't directly involve anything important or about them they have no interest. What would it take to get all of the clans interested in something? Oh! I know a battle! Warriors are always interested in spilling blood of some kind I think. I've never done it and it looks more scary than entertaining! I think is kinda sad that we all attack eachother sometimes but no one's perfect. Which is okay! The clans aren't perfect either! But I think that your fur is perfectly white, I really like it!" He complimented, taking a long pause to actually get some licks in before he continued to speak even more about absolutely nothing, "Other cats like you that are fluffy always look bigger than they actually are! I think that's why some of the greatest warriors were nothing but fluff with claws. It's all about your pelt if you wanna look big, I can puff myself up pretty good but I still think that I look rather small. I'm sure when we are both grown up you're gonna be a good warrior too!"

Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Easier Done Than Said [CLOSED]   Easier Done Than Said [CLOSED] EmptyApril 27th 2018, 4:25 pm

Fawnpaw just continued to smile and nod as she groomed her den-mate, unsure of how to contribute to the one-sided conversation. Fawnpaw ceased in her licking to give a soft giggle when Otterpaw groomed her neck, her fur heating to the same heat as the sun - or so it felt at least. Squeaking at the toms compliment, the young she-cat desperately wished she could speak, after all, he was handsome too. When Otterpaw got to his rant about fluffy cats and fluffing their fur up, Fawnpaw gave an airy chuckle before returning to her grooming, a grin on her petite face.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Easier Done Than Said [CLOSED]   Easier Done Than Said [CLOSED] Empty

Back to top Go down

Easier Done Than Said [CLOSED]
Page 1 of 1