Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

A Young and Mysterious Newcomer {OPEN}

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Lux

Lux

Characters : Crowkit, Tigerpaw, Cloudpaw
Aries Cat
Number of posts : 582

A Young and Mysterious Newcomer {OPEN} Empty
PostSubject: A Young and Mysterious Newcomer {OPEN}   A Young and Mysterious Newcomer {OPEN} EmptyTue 17 Apr 2018 - 10:19

The she-cat felt like a little prey in his jaws but he knew she wasn’t a common fresh-kill he should bring to camp. Even if he preferred to just break her neck to keep her mouth shut, Pantherblaze carried as gentle as he could back to the camp, being followed by Mumblefoot. He stepped in the center of the camp and left the kit between his paws. He knew it wasn’t okay to bring cats that were outsiders but the Warrior Code also said that no warrior could not help a kit in need, no matter it origins. ”Rippedstar! Mintpaw! We need help! I found a half-drowned kit in our territory and I think she’s hurt!” He shouted desperate, calling for his leader and medicine cat.

Crowkit of Shadowclan:#0066ff
Tigerpaw of Riverclan:#006600
Cloudpaw of Riverclan: #00cc99
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: A Young and Mysterious Newcomer {OPEN}   A Young and Mysterious Newcomer {OPEN} EmptyTue 17 Apr 2018 - 12:42

Rosekit shuddered and shook in the toms grasp, blood soaking her pure-white fur and staining it pink. Blood leaked from her nose and mouth, just a little. She couldn't really breathe that well, gurgling due to the blood or the water, she wasn`t sure. It wasn`t settling in well that she was in the middle of a strangers camp, her family now a long ways away. She just wanted to go home! Not to be close to the tom that almost killed her! Rosekit struggled to free herself from Pantherblaze, his legs holding her in place as she shook and did whatever she could to free herself.

She wanted to scream but when she opened her mouth, she wasn`t able to produce the amount of complex sound to form words. She gave a shrill call, her claws scratching at the ground as she tried to struggle away, her head thrashing and making her neck wound worsen.
Back to top Go down
Not

Not

Number of posts : 3732

PostSubject: Re: A Young and Mysterious Newcomer {OPEN}   A Young and Mysterious Newcomer {OPEN} EmptyTue 17 Apr 2018 - 18:22

Blossomheart rushed towards the small bloody mess. A kit! The poor thing! She began to lick the blood off. "Where did you find her!?" She asked worriedly.

Back to top Go down
Drippy

Drippy

Characters : Living: Sunpaw. Dead: so many
Clan/Rank : TC Apprentice
Sagittarius Monkey
Number of posts : 3839

PostSubject: Re: A Young and Mysterious Newcomer {OPEN}   A Young and Mysterious Newcomer {OPEN} EmptyTue 17 Apr 2018 - 19:19

Mintpaw pushed past the others, her murky green eyes wide. "H-h-how...?" Accusatory thoughts raced through the she-cat's mind. Who would abandon their kit, especially during Newleaf? Flooding was common, and a flash-flood could rise without warning. The she-cat gripped the kit by the scruff- careful to avoid the wound in her neck- and shot Blossomheart a worried look. The kit could make a full recovery, but... well, first thing's first. Where did Pantherblaze find this kit? The apprentice flicked her tail, her thin voice muffled by the kit's fur. "P-Pantherblaze, come with me. I need to ask you a few q-questions. And could someone tell Rippedstar to come to my den? Now?" Mintpaw didn't have time for this- the kit was struggling in her jaws. Without another word, the young she-cat trotted towards her den and gently dropped the young kit in the taupe apprentice's own nest. "Stay h-here, Pantherblaze." She half-hissed, bustling around her den and gathering herbs. The first thing she had to do was patch up the wound. Mintpaw grimaced and approached the kit with cobwebs and various herbs in her mouth... and nearly dropped them with shock. Struggling to keep her composure, Mintpaw smoothed out her fur and continued to work. Nobody could know about this- not yet. For all she knew, it could've been Mumblefoot who attacked her.

Her mind was racing.
This wasn't any old wound. This was a bite mark. A cat's bite mark- too small to be a badger, too precise to be a fox.
There was a murderer in the forest.
Mintpaw began licking the wound to clear away any blood, whispering soothingly to the kit and placing a paw on her back in an attempt to calm her. The wound was fresh, although the kit's thick white fur had matted over it and stopped most of the bleeding. "I'm going to get to the bottom of this." She whispered, shooting Pantherblaze a quick look. "I-I'm going to get to the bottom o-of this." She mewed louder, rubbing her freshly-made poultice on the wound gently. "Where'd you find her, Pantherblaze? And how'd she get this wound?" She placed a wad of cobwebs on the wound, sealing it and half-trotting back to her herb stores. "I need to know so I can treat her. I think she'll need to spend a few nights in here before we decide anything major."
Mintpaw returned with a mouthful of lavender and a small number of poppy seeds. "Chew o-n this when you're ready, dear. It'll help with t-the cold and let you sleep i-in peace. I'll stay with you until y-you're feeling better, okay?" Mintpaw placed the herbs next to the kit's head before turning back to Pantherblaze calmly. "Start a-at the beginning."

Wolfos

Characters : Chillpaw, Emberkit, Wolfpaw
Leo Pig
Number of posts : 62

PostSubject: Re: A Young and Mysterious Newcomer {OPEN}   A Young and Mysterious Newcomer {OPEN} EmptyTue 17 Apr 2018 - 19:30

Wolfpaw had just witnessed everything. He rushed over to Rippedstar's den. "Rippedstar, hurry you are needed at Mintpaw's den! A random kit has been injured and is being treated."

Wolfpaw then hurried over to Mintpaw's den himself, "I went to Rippedstar's den and told him to come here. How does the kit look? Do you think they will recover?" He had showed up just a few moments after barely catching the end of Mintpaw talking to Pantherblaze. He needed to know that the kit would be alright, clan or not kit's were young lives that needed tender care.
Back to top Go down
Ripped
Former Staff
Former Staff
Ripped

Characters : Auburnflare; Littlesplash; Heatherfrost; Crabpaw | Copper was here <3 Rom 2 c:
Clan/Rank : Tier 2 Warrior - Thunderclan [A]; Tier 2 Medicine Cat - Riverclan [L]; Tier 2 Warrior - Windclan [H]; Apprentice - Shadowclan [C]
Cancer Buffalo
Number of posts : 6735

PostSubject: Re: A Young and Mysterious Newcomer {OPEN}   A Young and Mysterious Newcomer {OPEN} EmptyTue 17 Apr 2018 - 20:46

Mumblefoot had followed close behind the pair with his mind still racing in what seemed like five-thousand different directions. Once he reached the rocky outcropping that made up the camp, he quickly made his way down the tree, leaping the last bit before racing through the break in the boulders. Pantherblaze and was in the middle of camp with cats already gathering about him. The little, fluffy she-cat gurgled and writhed under the black tom. Thankfully, Mintpaw had arrived and dove straight into tending for the poor thing. He padded closer to watch what was happening. His eyes were alight with an obvious worry. Not only was she shivering to death, but her throat looked awful. Some fox must have gotten her before Pantherblaze heard her splashing in the creek. As they moved towards the medicine cat's den, he followed along but hung back a short distance. He didn't want to crowd them nor wanted to leave. So, if Mintpaw wanted him then he would be present. The thought of abandoning the kit now was not even in his mind.
__
Rippedstar was in his den. Far more alert since the recognition of the rogues, but still in a similar to before. Now, his mind was simply clouded with an additional worry. Instead of laying numbly in his nest, he paced and shook his head. Although they had really only seen one rogue on the territory, the scents of a few had been present. And one had been outside their camp. The others had ripped into the cat that now lay recovering in Mintpaw's den. He hoped that the increased patrols would swiftly take care of the issue. The leader wasn't sure that he, let alone the rest of the clan, was prepared to deal with such a large issue if it came to that. They probably saw his actions as a little... over the top, but it was good to be preemptive. Skyclan could not be caught unaware.

Noise from outside the den caught his attention. Not again. At Wolfpaw's call, his ear twitched. An injured kit. Probably the rogues again. A hiss broke from his voice and he immediately raced out towards Mintpaw's den. He shouldered his way through the cats that crowded around and finally stopped to stand over Rosekit. Something about her reminded him of someone else, but he couldn't quite place it. It was almost like he was remembering something and yet could not remember it. Stumped, he merely watched for a moment. Her pelt seemed okay other than the soaking of water. There was also a vicious wound to her throat. Rippedstar stood there for a brief moment. Unlike when he had been deputy, the tom had seemed to lose a lot of his patience. There was some room for it still, for sure, but far less in the new role. He needed to make things happen, to be in control, to get something done. That was the curse of leadership. None of this ran through his head, but it was certainly relevant as he let out a low question, "Will she survive, Mintpaw? Tell me those animals didn't leave her to die."

Before his adoptive daughter could answer, the tom made a decision. One that surprised him. The thought of letting this kit back out into the vicious world touched his seemingly-forgotten tender heart. Unlike Tyr, she was not old enough to know or do much of anything. Rippedstar was putting a lot of faith in the ancestors that this would be the right decision for her and for his still-healing clan. After a dip of his head, he straightened up. Not once did his solemn expression change as he spoke, "If she makes it and beats out any infection, she will be raised as a kit of Skyclan. I will not send her back out into the forest. Dandeliondapple can care for her, I'm sure she will see no issue with it." He leaned forward to the little kit, finding the numbness melt away for a brief moment and letting it be replaced with the kindness that still lived somewhere deep inside. The terror in her wide green eyes struck a chord in him. Rippedstar muttered to her softly, "Don't be afraid, kit. We will take care of you and protect you from whoever did this to you... Fawnkit." It felt right to give her a clan name, regardless of her origins, he had decided to accept the she-cat as one of their own and raise her accordingly. The black and white tom wasn't sure if he could reach her in her frantic state or if she could process what he said. Besides, the squeaks that broke from her throat told of the extent of the damage. Maybe his short speech had been pointless. Although, it felt necessary.

After, he turned to face Pantherblaze and Mumblefoot, eyes rehardened with the same fire from before behind them, "Tell me what happened."

A Young and Mysterious Newcomer {OPEN} Img_0310

⌘ Auburnflare // Tier 2 Warrior // Thunderclan // SteelBlue ⌘
✿ Littlesplash // Tier 2 Medicine Cat // Riverclan // MediumAquamarine ✿
⁂ Heatherfrost // Tier 2 Warrior // Windclan // MediumOrchid ⁂
✲ Crabpaw // Apprentice // Shadowclan // FireBrick ✲

☆☆☆ Ask me about my past characters for lore, or Moonstone Journeys. ☆☆☆

Last edited by Saint Ripped on Wed 18 Apr 2018 - 7:37; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Not

Not

Number of posts : 3732

PostSubject: Re: A Young and Mysterious Newcomer {OPEN}   A Young and Mysterious Newcomer {OPEN} EmptyWed 18 Apr 2018 - 7:24

OOC: oof dandy was going to be the mom but ok

IC: Blossomheart listened to her leader's directions. "Yes, Rippedstar." She said with a nod. She stood at the entrance of Mintpaw's den, not wanting to get too involved. Mintpaw and Fawnkit needed space to work.

Back to top Go down
Lux

Lux

Characters : Crowkit, Tigerpaw, Cloudpaw
Aries Cat
Number of posts : 582

PostSubject: Re: A Young and Mysterious Newcomer {OPEN}   A Young and Mysterious Newcomer {OPEN} EmptyWed 18 Apr 2018 - 13:01

The warrior followed the medicine cat obediently and he sat down where she told him. Quietly, he saw her taking care of the kit and nodded when she said she was to find out what happened, as he agreed with her decision. Pantherblaze didn’t say a word until both medicine cat and leader asked him what happened. ”I’m not sure how she got those wounds. I was checking the territories searching for some prey when I hear the struggling noises of a cat and splashes of water. I ran to the Moonlit Creek and I saw her trying to swim in desperation. I couldn’t stay still and watch her drown so I jump in and clumsily swam to her. When I managed to put her on dry ground, Mumblefoot came and I noticed the wounds on her neck... I couldn’t find a smell of any clan on her, probably because it was washed by the water.” He mewed with a concerned and disappointed expression, pretending to regret the fact that he couldn’t find any other information about “Fawnkit”. ”Sorry for not being able to tell you more, Mintpaw. Rippedstar...” The tortie tom turned his head to the leader and looked at him determined. ”If she’s going to be part of our clan now, I’ll like to ask you if I can be her mentor in the future. When I found her, she should have drowned but she fought so fiercely... I see a great potential in her and I’m sure I can make her a good Skyclan warrior if you let me try.”

Crowkit of Shadowclan:#0066ff
Tigerpaw of Riverclan:#006600
Cloudpaw of Riverclan: #00cc99
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: A Young and Mysterious Newcomer {OPEN}   A Young and Mysterious Newcomer {OPEN} EmptyFri 20 Apr 2018 - 9:57

Rosekit felt almost immediate relief and ceased her struggles when she was pulled from Pantherblaze. But when the tom was told to follow, the she-cat let the scent of her fear lose, they needed to know! He tried to kill her! He wasn't her hero! When the black and white tom approached her, her green eyes wide as he spoke, everything falling still for a moment before she began to properly process his words. No! She already had a home! What were they doing? Wasn't her distress obvious? Did she not still smell of Thunderclan? She wanted her mother and her father!

Her name was Rosekit! It was a name she loved and treasured, it held her ties to her home but without it, what was she? A name so the most important thing. It made her who she was and she was... losing it all. Grief befell the large she-cat, everything seems like it was becoming numb and impossible. Though she did find comfort in the sleek black and white tom, and the small no-tail version of him, were they kin? Rosekit ... well, she was Fawnkit now glowered from behind the tom that gave her her new name. Listening to Pantherblaze spit lies and poison, she couldn't believe her ears! Him? Her mentor? No way! Baring her teeth at the tom she would do everything in her being to tear this tom from his home like he did hers!

It was his fault she lost her name! His fault that she had to live with strangers! Grasping the tall toms tail in her jaws she yanked, her shaking her head until she stumbled, hissing as well as she could and spitting through blood at Pantherblaze and she hoped he got the message. Her life depended on it, surely the tom would kill her now, and finish the job if he didn't get banished first. Or whatever cats did too bad cats. She wanted him to rot. Fawnkit prayed that he got the message, her life depended on it.
Back to top Go down
Drippy

Drippy

Sagittarius Monkey

PostSubject: Re: A Young and Mysterious Newcomer {OPEN}   A Young and Mysterious Newcomer {OPEN} EmptyFri 20 Apr 2018 - 17:28

Mintpaw watched with a guarded expression as Pantherblaze spoke, her tail flicking. Something about this just wasn't adding up- either Pantherblaze was lying about the wound, or he and Mumblefoot had harmed the kit together. A small hiss escaped the apprentice as Fawnkit leaped forward. Mintpaw quickly pulled the young cat off of her clanmate, wincing in surprise as the fear-scent rising from the kit hit her nose. The older apprentice placed the kit back in the nest and turned quickly, her murky green eyes unreadable. "I think that's enough for now. What she needs now is rest- and that means quiet. If one of you could inform Dandeliondapple and ask her to come see me later today." She paused as if making a decision. "Rippedstar, a word?" The tabby she-cat had to tell the leader her suspicions before any more harm came to the young she-kit.

Former Staff
Former Staff
Ripped

Characters : Auburnflare; Littlesplash; Heatherfrost; Crabpaw | Copper was here <3 Rom 2 c:
Clan/Rank : Tier 2 Warrior - Thunderclan [A]; Tier 2 Medicine Cat - Riverclan [L]; Tier 2 Warrior - Windclan [H]; Apprentice - Shadowclan [C]
Cancer Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: A Young and Mysterious Newcomer {OPEN}   A Young and Mysterious Newcomer {OPEN} EmptyWed 25 Apr 2018 - 11:38

"I had only heard the splashing when Pantherblaze pulled her from the water... it is a good thing he was there. She might have drowned." His eyes looked on, showing only concern for the young kit. Although they quickly widened in shock as she began to tug on his father's tail and flail rapidly. Something was clearly wrong and it caused his stomach to drop. The poor kit was probably still in shock from being attacked by the vicious rogues that had left her for dead. Thankfully, it looked like his father was going to let her stay and take good care of her. Mumblefoot looked at the medicine cat and leader as he waited for what they had to say.
__

The black and white tom found himself nodding ever so slightly as Pantherblaze explained. It really was good that she had been found before anything bad happened. He was about to respond when little teeth pricked his tail and tugged. Fawnkit's fear scent was obvious. Although, the she-cat had just gone through a traumatizing incident, and was now in a new place where she could not properly speak. Rippedstar turned to nudge her back to the nest. If anything, she needed to rest now and recover. Once he pushed her away, the leader meowed, "I appreciate your willingness to help train our newest clanmate, but discussion of her mentor will come when it is time."

When Mintpaw told them she needed to rest, he agreed and instructed the warriors to return to their duties for the time being. Something in the rest of her tone caught his attention. While he just wanted to return to Crowstar's den, this was Pansyface's daughter and his medicine cat. It was in his job description to talk to her every now and then. Rippedstar managed to keep himself from sighing and kept a neutral expression, "What is it, Mintpaw?"

Back to top Go down
Drippy

Drippy

Sagittarius Monkey

PostSubject: Re: A Young and Mysterious Newcomer {OPEN}   A Young and Mysterious Newcomer {OPEN} EmptyWed 25 Apr 2018 - 20:31

Mintpaw licked her lips, unsure of how to proceed. Someone out there had attacked this kit and left her to die. Somewhere, someone had attempted murder. The taupe apprentice sat down heavily, the fur on her neck prickling. "Rippedstar... something a-about this i-isn't right." She began, kneading the ground with her paws. "When I was patching up F-Fawnkit's wound, I n-noticed... I-I-I noticed t-that the wound w-wasn't just... any w-wound. It was a cat's b-bite mark. This, p-p-paired with Fawnkit's e-extremely a-anxious and aggressive behavior towards even P-Pantherblaze, who saved h-her life, leads me t-to believe that s-someone out there attacked a-a defenseless k-kit and l-left her to die." The small taupe apprentice paused for a moment, her tail-tip twitching as she struggled to speak. Curse this stutter. If Pantherblaze and Mumblefoot hadn't been there to save Fawnkit... Mintpaw shuddered.
But then again, she had no idea how this had happened. The cat who had tried to kill Fawnkit could very well be one of their own. The Medicine Cat Apprentice swallowed nervously, waiting for Rippedstar's reaction.

Former Staff
Former Staff
Ripped

Cancer Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: A Young and Mysterious Newcomer {OPEN}   A Young and Mysterious Newcomer {OPEN} EmptyTue 1 May 2018 - 11:46

As Mintpaw spoke, his expression grew more serious. He caught the implications in her voice. There was no way he would even acknowledge his warrior may have had something to do with this. Pantherblaze had ever given them a reason not to trust them. The leader immediately dismissed the thought. However, he did believe that the rogues would do something like this. They had been lurking around and had already mauled a fellow rogue. Who knew what they would be willing to do to clan cats? A low growl rumbled in his chest. Apprentices certainly would not be alone. Along with increased patrols they needed more guards around the outside of the camp. His tail flickered in irritation before he remembered he had not answered the medicine cat. He briefly glanced at the kit at the other side of the den before turning back to his adoptive daughter.

"I understand, Mintpaw. Those damn rogues probably did it... thankfully the warriors found her. I trust you will take good care of her." Rippedstar meowed lowly, allowing the frustration to creep into his voice, "She is probably just terrified of everything that has happened. Fawnkit will learn to adjust. As for Pantherblaze... if it eases your mind, I will have another cat mentor her. Pantherblaze is already busy with his current apprentice." The black and white tom would always consider the input of his medicine cat. It was good that despite his distance from the clan, she still felt like she could talk to him. Mintpaw was a good cat. He nodded to her and said a quick goodbye before leaving to mull over everything.

ooc; late and short! just hoping to wrap up

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Young and Mysterious Newcomer {OPEN}   A Young and Mysterious Newcomer {OPEN} Empty

Back to top Go down

A Young and Mysterious Newcomer {OPEN}
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warrior Clan Cats :: Areas of the Forest :: SkyClan Camp-
Jump to: