Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

always forever ⚜ closed

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Harlem

Harlem

Cancer Dragon
Number of posts : 1470

always forever ⚜ closed Empty
PostSubject: always forever ⚜ closed   always forever ⚜ closed EmptyThu 12 Apr 2018 - 18:23

Poplartooth had done it all strategically.
He had made sure that mentors were with their apprentices on their respective patrols. Warriors that didn't have mentors were placed together on a few other patrols. However, he had sent Drizzlepaw out without him or Mumblefoot. No, he hadn't forgotten about the black-and-white tom... that would've been awfully cruel. Poplartooth couldn't just stay in camp and wait for the patrols to come back. He had to do something, too. So, he had purposefully held Mumblefoot back from any patrols so that he could go hunting with him. The transition had been so smooth, even the fluffy tom was a bit confused. Only a few moons ago, he had treated the smaller tom like he was nothing. Now, he saw him as something. Poplartooth didn't want to use the term friend, not because he hated Mumblefoot, but because he barely understood what it meant (he did want to use the term boyfriend, though). He felt his paws tingling as he made his way towards his fellow warrior, and he couldn't think of anything else to do besides dipping his head in greeting once he approached him.
"Greetings, Mumblefoot," The deputy began, tilting his head to the side, "I was wondering if you'd like to go hunting with me. Y'know, since all the other patrols are out and such?"
Poplartooth shut himself up once he realized that he was beginning to stumble over his own words. What was going on?

Back to top Go down
Ripped
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Ripped

Characters : Auburnflare; Littlesplash; Heatherfrost; Crabpaw | Copper was here <3 Rom 2 c:
Clan/Rank : Tier 2 Warrior - Thunderclan [A]; Tier 2 Medicine Cat - Riverclan [L]; Apprentice - Windclan [H]; Apprentice - Shadowclan [C]
Cancer Buffalo
Number of posts : 6659

PostSubject: Re: always forever ⚜ closed   always forever ⚜ closed EmptyThu 12 Apr 2018 - 19:35

The camp seemed to empty out quickly. Although he had no doubt about it, Mumblefoot was reassured in the fact that his father had chosen a good deputy. Poplartooth seemed to handle the camp with an efficiency that Rippedstar had once done. Even if it was more formal and less relational, due to the warrior's personality, it was good. His denmate had certainly grown in his own way over the moons and become far more tolerable than in the past. Besides, they needed any stability they could get after everything that had happened and the younger warrior seemed to provide that. He too was comforted by that fact. However, the feeling dissolved into one of discomfort as he realized he was one of the few cats left without a duty for the time being. Upon this realization, his features fell. Could it be that the tom still held some disdain for him somewhere? Even after all the moons that they had begun to spend time together?

Mumblefoot was prepared to revert back to the days of attempting to find something to do within the camp walls. When Hawkstrike had forgotten their training, he had given himself the task of making sure there were no issues with the dens and that everything was in order. It was a small thing, but it made him feel like he had some value. Or, at least, it had once. Crestfallen, the little, tailless tom began to pad away in a random direction. He would decide later what was important enough. Maybe Mintpaw's den? But, before he could get far, a shadow loomed over him. His head snapped up and allowed his eyes to meet Poplartooth's gaze. It surprised him that the deputy had come up to him and his ears flattened prepared for a scolding. They had been on such good terms and he miserably wondered how that had managed to change. Maybe the pressure of the position. Whatever the reason, there was an ache in his heart different than any he had felt before as he looked at the tom he thought was his friend.

Something stirred in him, a desire to step closer. Even though Poplartooth was still a way off, his heart thudded anxiously. After all the moons of striving to control this feeling, here it was popping up again. Although, instead of wanting to bolt, his paws were rooted to the ground. But, inevitably, the brown and white tom would have some less than kind words behind his tongue. Mumblefoot forced himself to keep his eyes open and evenly meet the other cat. Those eyes, that look, it caused a shiver down his spine. He was prepared for the worst and was ready to face it head on, no matter how confused and miserable he felt on the inside. What came next he was not ready for. Immediately, a sigh of relief left his maw, he couldn't help that. Poplartooth wanted to... hunt with him? It only took a moment for him to scold himself for being so irrationally worried about the worst. That was merely a part of him that would never die. For this reason, his response was stalled.

"Uhm, yeah, I guess." He finally managed out. His ears heated up with embarrassment over the whole internal ordeal, something Poplartooth would never know of. But, that merely became background to the relief and even budding excitement now in his chest. Confusion caused him to tilt his head slightly. That was different. Mumblefoot tried to shake a feeling that wouldn't fade and after nodding stiffly to the deputy began to pad towards the entrance.

always forever ⚜ closed Img_0310

⌘ Auburnflare // Tier 2 Warrior // Thunderclan // SteelBlue ⌘
✿ Littlesplash // Tier 2 Medicine Cat // Riverclan // MediumAquamarine ✿
⁂ Heatherfrost // Tier 1 Warrior // Windclan // MediumOrchid ⁂
✲ Crabpaw // Apprentice // Shadowclan // FireBrick ✲

☆☆☆ Ask me about my past characters for lore, or Moonstone Journeys. ☆☆☆

Back to top Go down
Harlem

Harlem

Cancer Dragon

PostSubject: Re: always forever ⚜ closed   always forever ⚜ closed EmptySat 14 Apr 2018 - 19:55

The fact that Mumblefoot hadn’t answered immediately bothered Poplartooth, and once words escaped the smaller cat’s jaws, the fluffy tom flattened his ears against his head and silently followed after Mumblefoot.
‘Uhm, yeah, I guess.’
He hadn’t expected the black-and-white warrior to squeal with delight, but he also hadn’t expected an answer like that. It seemed forced and unsure. Well, at least he had agreed to hunting. That was all Poplartooth had wanted, right?

The tom tried desperately to look at anything but Mumblefoot. There were some kits play-fighting by the nursery with their mother looking at them with amusement in her eyes. There were some apprentices that had been put on tick-duty instead of patrolling coming out of the elders’ den with disgusted expressions and frowns on their maws. Instead of sympathizing with the apprentices’ pain, he felt a small smirk growing on his muzzle. Another perk to being the deputy meant mercilessly placing apprentices on tick duty. It suddenly occurred to him that Mumblefoot was still there, and probably waiting, so Poplartooth turned around and led the way out of camp without looking back at the black-and-white warrior. The last thing he wanted was for Mumblefoot to look into his eyes and see any signs of insecurity or weakness. So, the tom attempted to put on a blank face. It was an expression that he normally wore. It displayed nothing, and the deputy liked that.

Now, Poplartooth was starting to regret sending Drizzlepaw on another patrol. If only she was here, now. She could’ve easily broken the silence and awkwardness by just being herself. He never thought that he’d ever think this, but right now, all he wanted to hear was an excited ‘Papa!’ coming from the kit-like apprentice. Conversation was never something that Poplartooth was good at. Usually, on hunting patrols, he’d tell the cats on the patrol to hurry up and hunt and bring back whatever they had caught when he called them. He wasn’t afraid of snapping at other cats. However, something seemed to grab his tongue and prevent it from saying anything that was even near sassy or sarcastic to Mumblefoot. He simply sucked in a breath and looked over his shoulder at the warrior on the patrol with him.

“Um-” He began, then stopped talking for a moment.
Um?
Certainly Poplartooth could be a bit more creative than that.
“Uh…”
At least it wasn’t ‘um’.

“...I suppose we can begin hunting, now. I can head in one direction while you head in the other.”
Anything to escape the awkwardness, right?
Well, technically, it was Poplartooth’s fault for being the one to start the patrol. Letting out a silent sigh before heading off towards the right. He made to make his pawsteps slow and purposeful so that it wouldn’t seem like he was scampering away from the situation like a scaredy-mouse. All he had to focus on, now, was the prey and the foliage around him… and the squirrel right in front of him.
Mine, The tom thought as he instinctively dropped into a crouch and made his way forwards.
He made sure that the squirrel was unaware of his scent and shadow before he hurled his fluffy body forwards and straight towards the creature, paws outstretched.

It was only to his joy and satisfaction that he landed on top of the squirrel. After hearing its alarmed squeak, the fluffy deputy lowered his head and finished it off with a quick bite to the neck. Poplartooth, after watching it go limp, silently buried it in the spot that he had caught it. More prey for SkyClan. He couldn't help but shoot a quick glance over to the direction that Mumblefoot had gone in, but it took some willpower to look away. The tom was inwardly worried about himself. He was worried about what he was doing. If he would've felt this way with some other cat, he probably would've snapped at them to stop making him feel so weird. The tom knew he had emotions, he just never knew what to do with them. That wasn't a weakness, right? It couldn't be. Emotions usually got in the way of decisions, and choices made by sentiment would never end well.

Last edited by Harlem on Sat 14 Apr 2018 - 20:00; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Characters : Mistpelt
Clan/Rank : RiverClanWarrior
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 14824

PostSubject: Re: always forever ⚜ closed   always forever ⚜ closed EmptySat 14 Apr 2018 - 19:55

The member 'Harlem' has done the following action : Dices roll

'Hunting Dice' : 1

always forever ⚜ closed Mistpe10
always forever ⚜ closed Sig2
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=xxxmuffinheadxxx
Ripped
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Ripped

Characters : Auburnflare; Littlesplash; Heatherfrost; Crabpaw | Copper was here <3 Rom 2 c:
Clan/Rank : Tier 2 Warrior - Thunderclan [A]; Tier 2 Medicine Cat - Riverclan [L]; Apprentice - Windclan [H]; Apprentice - Shadowclan [C]
Cancer Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: always forever ⚜ closed   always forever ⚜ closed EmptySun 22 Apr 2018 - 12:13

ooc; i am so so sorry for the delay on this and the fact it is not as good as i want it to be

Something felt strange about the moment as they padded along together. His ear flicked with discomfort, as it often did due to his lack of a tail. He still felt stupid for considering that Poplartooth may have some reason to dislike him, but as they continued on in silence, the weighing feeling that something was going on only continued to sink like a stone in his stomach. Mumblefoot kept a brisk pace to stay next to the deputy. Despite the feelings of inadequacy and confusion on the inside, he couldn't bring himself to look as pathetic as he felt. The stretching moments without anything being said only made it worse. Much like the brown and white tom, he found himself thinking of Drizzlepaw. With her around, the she-cat's cheerful ways would have broken the awkwardness between them, it always did.

Finally, Poplartooth spoke. His heart stopped. The words that came out were shockingly thrill-less and he found himself surprised in his own disappointment. What was I expecting? Suppressing a soft sign, the black and white warrior just nodded and meowed, "Yeah, okay."

His paws felt heavy as he moved away from the other tom. Part of him wanted to stay there, to linger for a moment more. That too was strange. Instead, he forced himself away as his clanmate padded off. While this was the strangest feeling patrol he had ever been on, and part of him hoped for more, this still seemed like it was just another patrol. But, Poplartooth's words... usually so sure and so smooth. Mumblefoot shook his head and strode off with more purpose than before. He wouldn't be caught dwelling on something that was likely all in his head. Although it still nagged at him, the tailless warrior pressed on. Raising his nose into the air, he quickly caught the scent of a bird, a sparrow. He dug his claws into the bark and darted through the trees in search of the smell. The tom lunged forwards and caught the creature between his claws. But, the wind picked up and unbalanced his small frame. Mumblefoot to stumble and a yowl of shock broke from his throat. The prey's limp body was tossed to the ground and the warrior fell a few branches with his claws frantically trying to get a hold. Unbeknownst to him, Poplartooth had been hunting the squirrel below. His fall was finally broken as he crashed into the deputy.

His breathing was heavy and labored as he swiftly moved away to stand across from Poplartooth. Embarrassment heated up his ears and as the tom caught his breath, he locked eyes with the deputy and stammered out an apology, "I-I'm sorry... the wind picked up while I was hunting and... I'm sorry." His ears flattened briefly before he straightened up. This was the pathetic cat he was trying not to be in front of the strong tom. As he stared at Poplartooth, he waited with baited breath for a yowl of anger or disappointment... or both. If there wasn't a problem before, he had certainly screwed that up now.

Last edited by Reverend Ripped on Sun 22 Apr 2018 - 12:35; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Characters : Mistpelt
Clan/Rank : RiverClanWarrior
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 14824

PostSubject: Re: always forever ⚜ closed   always forever ⚜ closed EmptySun 22 Apr 2018 - 12:13

The member 'Reverend Ripped' has done the following action : Dices roll

'Hunting Dice' : 8

always forever ⚜ closed Mistpe10
always forever ⚜ closed Sig2
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=xxxmuffinheadxxx
Harlem

Harlem

Cancer Dragon

PostSubject: Re: always forever ⚜ closed   always forever ⚜ closed EmptySat 28 Apr 2018 - 11:11

ooc; not as detailed and long as i want it to be, but i didn't want to keep you waiting any longer!

Poplartooth was about to move on to catch the next tiny, fluffy victim that he had scented, but a weight fell upon him before he could take another step forward. A small grunt of shock escaped his maw as he fell to the ground, but he attempted to scramble to his paws as quickly as possible once Mumblefoot climbed off of him. At first the fluffy tom scowled and opened his jaws to let out a sharp remark, something like 'watch where you're going', but he closed it and softened his gaze almost instantly.
"That's fine, no need to apologize..." Miraculously, Poplartooth's voice was strong and even as he spoke. However, the next words to escape his maw surprised the fluffy tom, but his gaze didn't leave Mumblefoot's eyes, "Well, are you alright? That was, um, quite the fall."

Back to top Go down
Ripped
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Ripped

Cancer Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: always forever ⚜ closed   always forever ⚜ closed EmptyMon 28 May 2018 - 9:06

ooc: oops just making the 1 month cut off ahhhhh. this is still a thing i am just a bum

Nothing. There was no snapping or harshness to the tone that he had grown too accustomed to hearing. It had been quite some time since Poplartooth had truly been harsh towards his denmate, but the softness of his voice was unnatural. For a moment, Mumblefoot just stood there, staring at the tom he'd grown closer to over the moons. His heart seemed to thud in his ears and he could hear the blood rushing there as well. The deputy's eyes were soft, betraying the fact it was not just his words that were coming across in that way. What was this? Mumblefoot couldn't tell, and yet it felt like something more intense than he had ever felt before. As he stared on, finally managing to blink, the black and white tom realized did not speak. Oh.

"I-I'm fine. Are you okay, Poplartooth?" He found himself drawn to the strong warrior's voice and thus padded slightly closer. It wasn't until after he had done so that flickers of doubt flared up in his mind. Poplartooth was so close. Their noses were almost brushing. A strange shiver ran down his spine as he stared into the depths of the other tom's eyes. Now he was truly frozen, unsure of what to do next. Mumblefoot silently willed the deputy to speak, to make sense of this. Afterall, the other tom was typically bolder when it came to speaking, much more confident than his small-self. It was part of what drew Mumblefoot to the other warrior, an admiration of everything his friend was. He supposed they were friends... right? Was that right? Once ear flicked as every part of him seemed to heat up with remnants of embarrassment. Speak, you mousebrain, speak.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: always forever ⚜ closed   always forever ⚜ closed Empty

Back to top Go down

always forever ⚜ closed