Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

You Died on my Watch (Closed)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Squirrelnose

Squirrelnose

Characters : (P)Petalpaw (B)Barkkit (S)Sunkit
Clan/Rank : ShadowClan
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 3341

You Died on my Watch (Closed) Empty
PostSubject: You Died on my Watch (Closed)   You Died on my Watch (Closed) EmptyWed 11 Apr 2018 - 14:23

Today was as good a day as it was ever going to get. The sun was shining brightly, and Nectarleap was on a patrol with his favorite former apprentice. He should be feeling more than happy. And he was. Yet he couldn't shake the feeling that something was wrong. Almost like a far away scent that he couldn't identify, but knew was dangerous. Maybe it was paranoia. If he lost Stormcloud, he didn't know what he would do. Yes, it was probably just that. Just protectiveness. But why should he worry? The weather was great, prey was running better than it had in moons, and he had no reason to feel anything other than joy. Trying to shake all of his doubts and worries from his mind, he continued along the RiverClan border. For a second he feared that his feeling meant that an enemy warrior would attack them and kill the other tom, causing his hear to start beating rapidly. But no, he had already dismissed that feeling as a pointless and irrational fear. Nothing to worry about. Calming down, he allowed himself to smile. Life was good. Their troubles were behind them now. Turning his head to the silver warrior, he decided to catch up on a few things.
"How's life going? I haven't had as much time to talk to you now that you're a warrior," Nectarleap began casually. This was nice. Feeling content was the best thing in the world. Just patrolling in the sunshine, talking to Stormcloud. It would be the best day he had in a long time. Right?

You Died on my Watch (Closed) Signat10
Back to top Go down
Titanium

Titanium

Characters : [b]reezepaw | [s]oftkit | [p]inekit
Aries Goat
Number of posts : 1239

PostSubject: Re: You Died on my Watch (Closed)   You Died on my Watch (Closed) EmptyWed 11 Apr 2018 - 14:39

Stormcloud was happy, for the first time in a while. He had healed well from the RiverClan attack, and his ribs no longer felt sore. Plus, with Newleaf finally hitting, the sun was warning the moors pleasantly and the prey running plentiful. That was why he was on patrol with his former mentor, Nectarleap. Nectarleap was one of his favourite cats. He didn't really have many other friends, so the senior warrior held a special place in his heart. Still, a dull sense of dread had settled in his gut. But what was there to worry about? Nothing. He was just being silly. He easily waved it away and turned his gaze to the tom he was patrolling with. "Life is going so much better than it was. Did you know I have an apprentice now? " He mewed, making conversation with his friend as he padded through the grass.

breezepaw | skyclan apprentice | 20 / 80 | colour code #99ccff

softkit | skyclan unborn kit | 5 / 15 | colour code #666699

pinekit | shadowclan unborn kit | 5 / 15 | colour code #cc0033

~ not all who wander are lost ~
Back to top Go down
Squirrelnose

Squirrelnose

Pisces Dog

PostSubject: Re: You Died on my Watch (Closed)   You Died on my Watch (Closed) EmptyThu 12 Apr 2018 - 12:15

"Yes, Whitpaw, wasn't it? Wow, you grow up so fast," Nectarleap mused, a purr rumbling in his throat. It was nice to think that Stormcloud now had an apprentice of his own. It seemed like just a day or two ago that he caught his first rabbit. As the two padded alongside the RiverClan border, he had started to forget about his weird feeling of anxiety. That was, until it got stronger. Then it hit him like a ton a bricks. It wasn't like a scent of something dangerous, it was the scent of something dangerous. For a second he was too scared to speak. A battle right next to the deadly gorge was very risky. But as the huge bird came into view, he managed to let out a yelp of warning, lunging further away from the Gorge. He would not risk fighting there. Now he could tell it was an eagle, and it was swooping right towards his friend. "Stormcloud, look out!"

Back to top Go down
Titanium

Titanium

Aries Goat

PostSubject: Re: You Died on my Watch (Closed)   You Died on my Watch (Closed) EmptyThu 12 Apr 2018 - 14:37

Stormcloud nodded, purring happily. He loved these patrols, particularly when they were with Nectarleap. And he was so happy that his former mentor approved of him. He didn't notice the scent and he didn't notice the eagle until a familiar voice shouted his name. His eyes darted all around and landed on the predator just a moment too late. It latched onto his fur with its sharp talons and began dragging him into the sky, wings beating fast. His eyes widened and he let out a cry of alarm. How was it doing that? It must be strong. Little points of blood oozed where the talons had dug into his pelt, making his eyes water. He yowled out loud for help, twisting around to bite and claw at his captor. Her hadn't thought it through all that well at all. The eagle screeched with rage and it's talons loosened. Stormcloud felt victorious at first, until the sound of rushing water from the Gorge reached his ears. Mousebrain! As he fell, the warrior's front paws scrambled to find a hold on something, and he just managed to grab the rocky edge. He could feel himself slipping, and he couldn't get a good enough grip. "N-nectarleap!" He cried out, his claws trying to find a pawhold as he slipped further and further towards the foaming waters down below.

Back to top Go down
Squirrelnose

Squirrelnose

Pisces Dog

PostSubject: Re: You Died on my Watch (Closed)   You Died on my Watch (Closed) EmptyThu 12 Apr 2018 - 15:48

"Stormcloud!" Nectarleap cried in arlam, his amber eyes flashing with panic. This eagle was taking Stormclud away! He couldn't let this happen! When his former apprentice managed to free himself, relief only former in his chest for a moment. Then pure horror took hold of him as the silver warrior plummeted towards the gorge. Fear rooted him to the ground, and he was able to do nothing but watch as the tom disappeared over the edge. But then he saw two paws, and heard a call for help. He was alive! In a flash, he was to the edge of the gorge, looking down in horror at the drop that his former apprentice was hanging over. Instinct gripped him and he grabbed the other tome by his scruff. Adrenaline fueled determination and he began to pull him up, but then made the mistake of looking down. Ever since he was a kit he had been overly terrified of heights, and this threatening drop made his already terrified mind basically explode. He froze, staring straight down, starting to tremble slightly. But he had to do this. His friend's life was in his paws. "I got you."

OOC: After your next post Nectar will slip

Back to top Go down
Titanium

Titanium

Aries Goat

PostSubject: Re: You Died on my Watch (Closed)   You Died on my Watch (Closed) EmptyThu 12 Apr 2018 - 15:58

Stormcloud whimpered like he was a little kit again, and he was visibly shaking. He was going to die. Before he fell completely, he felt teeth in his scruff and he looked up to see his saviour. Nectarleap. He tried to smile, but he was so scared that he just couldn't. The young warrior was unable to believe how close he had been to joining StarClan. A shiver ran through him, even though it wasn't cold. He was terrified.

Back to top Go down
Squirrelnose

Squirrelnose

Pisces Dog

PostSubject: Re: You Died on my Watch (Closed)   You Died on my Watch (Closed) EmptyThu 12 Apr 2018 - 17:00

Nectarleap wasn't sure if it was the whimpering or shivering that had caused it. But something that Stormcloud did made terror completely swallow his mind. Now he wasn't thinking straight. The constant movement and lack of logical thought was what caused him to lose his balance. The weight of the silver warrior pulled him downwards, towards the bottom of the Gorge. Never had his fear of heights been so strong. He let out a yelp of terror, accidentally letting go. His amber eyes filled with horrible realization as he realized what he had done. But his mind was still filled with panic. His paws flailed all over the place, convinced that he was about to fall to his death. By the time he realized that he wasn't falling, it was too late to save his former apprentice. A choked cry of grief came from him as he watched the other tom falling. Down, down, down. To his death. "Stormcloud! NO!"

Back to top Go down
Titanium

Titanium

Aries Goat

PostSubject: Re: You Died on my Watch (Closed)   You Died on my Watch (Closed) EmptyThu 12 Apr 2018 - 17:16

Stormcloud was so relieved. He was safe. He would be fine. Horror filled his mind as he realised that Nectarleap was losing his balance. His eyes widened and he tried his hardest to stay still. But when his former mentor yelped and let go - Stormcloud was petrified. He let out a yowl of terror as his body plummeted downwards. His eyes were cast upwards, searching desperately for the tom. The young warrior saw him, and a small part of him was relieved that he hadn't fallen. But that didn't last long. The grey tom's body smashed into a rock that was jutting out from the side, and he was certain that many bones along his side had been broken. Definitely a few ribs, for he could somehow feel how much harder it was to breathe all of a sudden. The agony was unbearable. Next, his head was slammed into another rock, sending his world spinning and blurred, making the colours blend together. He heard a sickening crack as his skull was surely broken by then. Stormcloud was on his way out. He could hear what sounded like whispers floating on the breeze, calling out to him. They were warm and comforting. He let his eyes close, which helped to stop the world spinning. Before he reached the bottom, he hit yet another rock, harder than before. At this point, his body was twisted and bloody, bones were visible at some points, and his breathing was ragged and uneven. But the agony was slowly giving way to a sense of numbness, which calmed the pain and soothed him greatly. The warrior plunged into the foaming, raging waters of the Gorge, and he didn't think to hold his breath. He was pretty much dead anyway. Water rushed into his lungs as he floated along the bottom of the water, and the last thing he thought of was the fact that Nectarleap was safe. That was all that mattered.

And then, the stars came to claim him as their own.

Back to top Go down
Squirrelnose

Squirrelnose

Pisces Dog

PostSubject: Re: You Died on my Watch (Closed)   You Died on my Watch (Closed) EmptyFri 13 Apr 2018 - 12:25

"NO! NO!" Nectarleap's pained cry echoed off of the stone walls of the Gorge. The sight of Stormcloud's broken and bloody body was most likely the worst thing he had seen since Heathershade's gruesome death. The river at the bottom of the Gorge began to run red for a few moments, before the blood swirled in and was no longer visible. The silver tom's corpse was hardly visible due to the rapids, only showing every so often. But those thought weren't what caused Nectarleap to practically die inside. This was just like Sweetpaw. But he hadn't had the chance to help her then. Now he had been given the chance to save his former apprentice, but his stupid fear of heights had gotten in the way! He was a mouse-hearted coward, and now a fellow warrior had paid the price. How long was it going to take before he became more wrong than right? A mournful sob sounded around him, and he realized it was himself. Nothing about this was right. His job had been to ensure a long and happy life for that warrior, not help end it! This was all his fault. If he had been a better warrior, then he wouldn't be lying there alone right now. Why wasn't he the one who paid for his own faults?
Nectarleap wasn't sure how long he lay there, staring emptily into the Gorge. For all he knew, it could have been days. But somehow, he eventually got to his paws. Stormcloud's body wouldn't be able to be retrieved from the dangerous waters, and even if it had, by the time he landed he had hardly even looked like a cat anymore. Throat dry and sore, the warrior turned away. Another loved one gone, just when things were starting to look better. Now he could recall the uselessness he felt after not having the chance to save any of the other cats who had died. But it was so much worse to have tried and failed. Everyone must hate him just as much as he hated himself now.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: You Died on my Watch (Closed)   You Died on my Watch (Closed) Empty

Back to top Go down

You Died on my Watch (Closed)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warrior Clan Cats :: Areas of the Forest :: The Gorge-
Jump to: