Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
The Clans are finally returning to a semblance of normal life; the floodwaters are gone at last, but the damages - physical and emotional - remain.
July's activity check is complete. If you missed it, please PM a staff member with your characters.
Greenleaf has come and at last the days are growing warmer and brighter.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Make sure to check your Clan's Key Events under the Clan Information boards to see what's happening in your Clan!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

first apprentice (closed)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Transient

Transient

Characters : (S)corchclaw; (T)igerleaf; (H)ailpaw; (M)ao
Female
Number of posts : 1262
Clan/Rank : (S)RC deputy, (T)SkC warrior, (C)default rogue, (H)TC apprentice

first apprentice (closed) Empty
PostSubject: first apprentice (closed)   first apprentice (closed) Icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2018 3:54 am

The sun had barely risen on the RiverClan camp when Scorchclaw padded into the Apprentice's Den. Silently maneuvering around the mossy nests in the darkness, it did not take long for him to find the black and white pelt that he had been looking for. He reached out with a big paw and prodded Blackpaw awake. "It's time for training." He whispered so as not to wake the surrounding cats, who were snoring away peacefully. "Get up and meet me outside." So saying, he turned and left. On his way out, he almost stepped on a tail that suddenly lolled into his path. Fortunately, he was quick-footed enough to avoid it at the last moment, and crisis was averted. A hiss of annoyance bubbled up inside him, but he held it down, not wanting to make any unnecessary noise.

Upon stepping back out, Scorchclaw sat down by the entrance of the Apprentice's Den to wait. As he waited, his green gaze roved across his surroundings. At this time in the morning, the camp center was mostly deserted except for a few other mentors and their apprentices that had woken up early to train. The fluffy warrior found himself wondering whether Blackpaw had gotten enough sleep during his first night as an apprentice. It was essential that he had, for Scorchclaw did not have any intention to go easy on him today. Perhaps it was cruel to wake him up so early on his first day, but Blackpaw had to get used to it if he was going to be Scorchclaw's apprentice.

first apprentice (closed) Screen11

Scorchclaw 100 HP/280 SP➳RiverClan
Hailpaw 20 HP/80 SP➳ThunderClan
Mao 45 HP/140 SP➳The Regime

Back to top Go down
bunjamin

bunjamin

Characters : [P]alestripe; [F]erretwhisker; [T]hornpaw; [Be]epaw; [O]akley; [B]ucky
Female
Libra Monkey
Number of posts : 2356
Clan/Rank : loner queen fight me

PostSubject: Re: first apprentice (closed)   first apprentice (closed) Icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2018 3:31 pm

Blackpaw twitched awake in his moss nest, not hard to make out with the flowers adorned in it as decorations. He yawned lazily, blinking the sleep away from his eyes and glancing around the dark den. It was hard to make out where to put his paws as he stumbled out awkwardly, stepping on a couple of tails and paws but eventually managing to get out. He shook his fur, squinting to let his eyes get used to the steely light of dawn.

"I-I'm awaaa...aaaake." his sentence stopped halfway as he broke into a large yawn of exhaustion.

LULU'S BODYGUARD FITE ME

♘palestripe♘ ♛ferretwhisker♛ ♔thornpaw♔❥beepaw❥ ☻oakley☻ ✰bucky✰
♘thunderclan yw♘ ♛shadowclan naw♛♔thunderclan apprentice♔❥skyclan apprentice❥☻default rogue☻✰default rogue✰
Back to top Go down
Transient

Transient

Female

PostSubject: Re: first apprentice (closed)   first apprentice (closed) Icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2018 4:46 am

Scorchclaw turned to face Blackpaw as his apprentice exited the den. "Good morning." He mewed curtly, taking note of Blackpaw's yawn as he did. Getting to his paws, he pointed his fluffy tail in the direction of the fresh-kill pile. "Get something to eat. Trust me when I say you're going to need it. After you're done, we'll head out."

The fresh-kill pile that morning was a dismal sight. There were only a few small pieces of prey draped over one another. Even calling it a pile would have been a bit of a stretch. It irked Scorchclaw to have to eat when there was so little prey, but since they weren't going to be back for a while, it was best to eat before they left. Being too hungry too train was one scenario the fluffy warrior definitely wanted to avoid. Well, hopefully as patrols were sent out, the fresh-kill pile would quickly grow. They would probably catch something while they were out, too. The plan for today included letting Blackpaw try out some land hunting. Scorchclaw picked out a skinny fish for himself and sat down to eat. Before too long, he had finished his meal.

Back to top Go down
bunjamin

bunjamin

Characters : [P]alestripe; [F]erretwhisker; [T]hornpaw; [Be]epaw; [O]akley; [B]ucky
Female
Libra Monkey

PostSubject: Re: first apprentice (closed)   first apprentice (closed) Icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2018 3:24 pm

Blackpaw's whiskers twitched in a subtly displeased manner as he listened to his new mentor. If he needed to eat before going out, that meant training would either be long, or tough. Or both. Scorchclaw came off as a rather strict cat. This day was going to be no good for the usually indifferent and lazy tom. He licked one of his black paws, brushing itself over his ear as his eyes lingered in one direction. Finally, fluttering his tail, the apprentice strode towards the fresh-kill pile to grab something to eat, as instructed. He wasn't always a rule-abiding Clan member, but he could respect the sensible suggestion to eat.

Walking with a dull and tired look, still sleepy, Blackpaw picked out another fish, taking his sweet time to finish his meal. Sometimes his brain would just drift away for several seconds before he snapped back to reality and continued to eat. He liked to do things without hurry, to enjoy the moment. Or maybe he was just stalling for time. After he had finally finished, long after Scorchclaw, the white and black cat tipped his head to one side, more awake now. "Let's bounce." he mewed, his tone unexcited as he spoke.

LULU'S BODYGUARD FITE ME

♘thunderclan yw♘ ♛shadowclan naw♛♔thunderclan apprentice♔❥skyclan apprentice❥☻default rogue☻✰default rogue✰
Back to top Go down
Transient

Transient

Female

PostSubject: Re: first apprentice (closed)   first apprentice (closed) Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2018 5:33 am

Scorchclaw twitched his tail from side to side in impatience as he waited for Blackpaw to finish eating. When the apprentice finally announced that he was ready to go, the fluffy warrior led the way out of RiverClan camp. Blackpaw did not sound enthusiastic in the least, but Scorchclaw paid that no mind. As the river that surrounded the camp came into view, he glanced back to make sure the apprentice was following him. Once he confirmed that he was, he stepped into the water and began to swim. The water was still cold, but it was no longer freezing like it had been in leafbare. Newleaf was on its way, and with it would come prey and new life to the forest.

The place Scorchclaw had chosen to take Blackpaw for his first day of training was the beech copse. Once upon a time, when he had still been an apprentice, he had trained there with Sweetheart as well. Since he had no experience in training an apprentice, the fluffy warrior had wisely chosen to follow his mentor's example. Upon reaching their destination, he turned to face Blackpaw. "We'll be working on land hunting today. Even though our main source of food is the river, it's helpful to be able to hunt land prey as well, especially when the river freezes. Watch carefully as I demonstrate." As he scented the air for the familiar scent of prey, his sharp eyes caught sight of a frog not too far away at the base of a tree. Ack. He wasn't fond of frogs like ShadowClan was, but he supposed it would have to do. Green eyes narrowing, he lowered his body into the hunting crouch. As he did so, he made sure to lift his tail up so that it would not brush against the ground. Silently, he began to advance on the frog. The moment it was within his reach, he pounced and in a single motion dealt the death blow. Grimacing at having to hold slimy creature in his mouth, he brought it back to Blackpaw. "Now you try." He mewed. "If you fail, I'll tell you what you did wrong."

OOC: I'm not going to use the hunting system this post because it would be really awkward if the mentor failed his first catch, but please use the hunting system for Blackpaw since he's the apprentice...

Back to top Go down
bunjamin

bunjamin

Female
Libra Monkey

PostSubject: Re: first apprentice (closed)   first apprentice (closed) Icon_minitimeSat Apr 28, 2018 9:01 am

Blackpaw followed in his mentor's trail as the two moved through their Clan's territory. The white and black apprentice hummed a bouncy tune, swinging his tail from side to side cheerfully. He dipped into the cold stream, shuddering as he waded and kicked to reach the opposite bank. Shaking his pelt with a displeased look on his face, he continued padding behind Scorchclaw.

At the beech copse, the tomcat watched his mentor demonstrate the hunting technique. It didn't look that hard, though he was not in the mood for training. His mind was shaky and so was the crouch he dropped in when he sniff his first piece of prey. He hadn't eaten much land prey before, fish were more to his taste, so the scent came as an unfamiliar rush of flavor. Opening his jaw and slithering closer, Blackpaw eyed his prey, a small bird, hopping around aimlessly. Perhaps it was, just like the two cats, looking for food. He pulled back and then threw himself forward, claws out, but severely missed it. It fluttered away and the apprentice scoffed in annoyance, watching it fly away.

LULU'S BODYGUARD FITE ME

Last edited by that rly butters my bun on Sat Apr 28, 2018 9:02 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Characters : Mistpelt
Female
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 8121
Clan/Rank : RiverClanWarrior

PostSubject: Re: first apprentice (closed)   first apprentice (closed) Icon_minitimeSat Apr 28, 2018 9:01 am

The member 'that rly butters my bun' has done the following action : Dices roll

'Hunting Dice' : 9

first apprentice (closed) Mistpe10first apprentice (closed) Forever-book-trailer-182x140first apprentice (closed) 39725f27f7e7f928a8660c1f51e1f00127d0645_t
first apprentice (closed) Sig2
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=xxxmuffinheadxxx
Transient

Transient

Female

PostSubject: Re: first apprentice (closed)   first apprentice (closed) Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2018 4:51 am

Scorchclaw sat down by the frog he had caught to watch Blackpaw's hunting attempt. It didn't take long before the tantalizing scent of prey tickled his nose again. Turning in the direction that it was coming from, the tabby warrior was able to pick out a brown-feathered bird against the grass. Not being a SkyClan cat, he wasn't very familiar with birds, but he was pretty sure it was a thrush. It seemed his apprentice had noticed the critter as well, for the black-and-white tom folded into a clumsy imitation of the hunting crouch. Scorchclaw's fluffy tail twitched slowly from side to side as the distance between prey and cat gradually closed. When he was still a little distance away, Blackpaw leaped forwards, only to end up missing the mark by a large margin.

It wasn't really that strange for a RiverClanner to miss a bird, especially if that cat was a new apprentice, but the tabby warrior was not going to let his apprentice's mistakes slide like that. Face bearing little to no trace of emotion, he began to speak in an analytical tone. "First of all, when you crouch down, lower yourself a little more. Hold your tail up higher as well. Part of the reason you missed was because you were too far away. Get closer before pouncing next time, and don't take your eyes off the prey. Try again." The tone in his voice as he said the last part made it evident that he wasn't going to take no for an answer.

Back to top Go down
bunjamin

bunjamin

Female
Libra Monkey

PostSubject: Re: first apprentice (closed)   first apprentice (closed) Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2018 3:27 pm

Blackpaw huffed, turning his head towards his mentor, his eyes narrowed. A bitter response played on his muzzle, but he bit his tongue before it could escape. The white tom yawned, prolonging the gesture perhaps for too long, then shook his pelt. Fine. He'd do it again. Whatever.

"I get it, shut up now. You're scaring my prey." the tom flicked his tail, clearly irritated by his failure. Impatient, he tasted the air for anything else scurrying about. Birds, for the most part. He had decided right there and then that he hated birds. Instead, he focused his attention on the land, and quickly sniffed out a frog. The apprentice's whiskers twitched as he pursued his prey, noticing it farther away near a pool of rain water. He kept in mind Scorchfang's advice, determined to catch something this time.  When he was close enough, hiding himself as best as he could within a clump of ferns, his white body appearing odd behind the greenery, Blackpaw launched himself forth. To his surprise, he landed in the mud with the small, now torn up, animal in his claws.

"Ha! I did it!"

LULU'S BODYGUARD FITE ME

Last edited by that rly butters my bun on Mon Apr 30, 2018 3:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Female
Pisces Dog

PostSubject: Re: first apprentice (closed)   first apprentice (closed) Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2018 3:27 pm

The member 'that rly butters my bun' has done the following action : Dices roll

'Hunting Dice' : 5

first apprentice (closed) Mistpe10first apprentice (closed) Forever-book-trailer-182x140first apprentice (closed) 39725f27f7e7f928a8660c1f51e1f00127d0645_t
Back to top Go down
Transient

Transient

Female

PostSubject: Re: first apprentice (closed)   first apprentice (closed) Icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2018 10:47 am

Scorchclaw narrowed his green eyes at the insolence in his apprentice's tone, but he did not say anything. The white and black tom was already turning away to search for another piece of prey to catch. This time, his hunting attempt was successful. "Well done." Scorchclaw mewed, inwardly pleased that Blackpaw had followed his instructions. As he lowered his head to inspect the frog Blackpaw had caught, he could clearly make out the coppery tang of blood that had mingled with the creature's unique scent. Bringing his own prey over, he placed it next to Blackpaw's on a snowy patch of ground and began to bad touch snow over the two bodies. Although newleaf was right around the corner--no, it would be better to say that it was already here--not all of leafbare's snow had melted yet, which made things quite convenient for the duo. "We'll bury the prey for now to keep it fresh and safe from predators. When we're ready to return home, we'll get it out. For now, let's see if we can catch anything else."

After they had hunted for quite a while longer, Scorchclaw decided that it was time to move on to other things. Waving his tail, he beckoned Blackpaw over to the nearby river. "You've more or less gotten the basics of land hunting. Now it's time for fishing." He waited for the apprentice to reach his side before continuing in a soft voice. "As you know, RiverClan's main prey is fish. See where my shadow is?" The tabby warrior's shadow was a black misshapen mass behind him. "It's important not to let your shadow fall over the water. That's the easiest way to let the fish know you're there." At that moment, the telltale glint of scales flashed from the surface of water. Plunging his paw into the water, he missed the fish. A soft hiss of frustration escaped his maw. "Fishing requires patience. If you make too much noise while waiting for the fish, they will be scared away. As you just saw, timing is key as well. Give it a go."

Last edited by Transient Days on Fri May 04, 2018 10:51 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Female
Pisces Dog

PostSubject: Re: first apprentice (closed)   first apprentice (closed) Icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2018 10:47 am

The member 'Transient Days' has done the following action : Dices roll

'Hunting Dice' : 9

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: first apprentice (closed)   first apprentice (closed) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

first apprentice (closed)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warrior Clan Cats :: Areas of the Forest :: Beech Copse-
Jump to: