Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

The Quiet Before Dawn

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Kari

Kari

Characters : Mutiny // Webkit // Roachkit
Clan/Rank : Loner // SC Kit // RC Kit
Capricorn Cat
Number of posts : 879

The Quiet Before Dawn Empty
PostSubject: The Quiet Before Dawn   The Quiet Before Dawn EmptyMon Mar 12, 2018 7:24 pm

Silvery-white, Silentpaw's pelt caught the early morning light as she gazed solemnly up at the fading stars. She seemed to be the only cat out at this hour, as most of the rest of Shadowclan's cats were either tucked away snugly in their nest or out on a patrol. The sky above was only just beginning to show the soft blues of the day, banishing the inky black of night with the rising sun's light. Her unfocused eyes reflected the azure blue above, showing she was entirely lost in thought. The timid she-cat enjoyed this time of day. The air carried a subtle chill that soothed her. After Rosepaw... No. She wouldn't think about that right now. She took a deep breath and let the cold sink deep into her fur. The cats around camp seemed to be eagerly looking forward to Greenleaf, but she couldn't imagine it. Having been born in the dead of Leafbare, this chill was all she knew. It was comforting. It wasn't just about the cold and the snow though. According to her clanmates, prey was excessively scarce right now. This was fine by her. She didn't eat much anyways. Her belly was small she supposed, as she always felt full after eating a stringy little mouse. She recalled her brother saying he could hardly remember the feeling of having a full belly. Others needed the prey much more than she did.

★☆★ Take what you can ★☆★

The Quiet Before Dawn QNTjwT2

Mutiny  |  Webkit  |  Roachkit
Loner  |  Shadowclan Kit  |  Riverclan Kit
40/100  |  10/30  |  10/30

֎  Masterlist  ֍

Back to top Go down
Stags

Stags

Virgo Tiger
Number of posts : 1846

PostSubject: Re: The Quiet Before Dawn   The Quiet Before Dawn EmptyWed Mar 14, 2018 11:20 am

Nettlesting almost never slept. It was annoying, healing all these small little wounds from foolishness when he could be worrying about politics and developing new techniques. He was having a difficult time, and he knew that. His mind wandered to the possibility of taking on an apprentice. But, who? It had always been just him in the medicine cat den. Just him caring for his clan. He wasn't much older than a young warrior but he was already so tired. He felt like an elder. He was so bored with his life. All the mundane tasks... StarClan... This was so obnoxious...

The red tom wandered out of his den for the first time that day, when his eyes saw her. His mouth dropped. In his tired awe, a StarClan cat was sitting right there. She was a silvery white, a glowing gift. Was she here to take him to StarClan? Did he somehow die? He shook his head... No, it was just Silentpaw. But as she sat in the moonlight, something stirred in his brain. This was to be his apprentice. His heart raced, knowing StarClan had chosen. Was this what Roaringblaze felt like when he met him as Sycamorekit? Pushing his paws foward, Nettlesting walked up to the now warrior apprentice. "Greetings, Silentpaw." his voice was soft and awkward.

.: Coyotegrin :: Kestrelchirp :: Quailprowler : Singedfox :.
#9966ff : #cc3300 : #6699ff : #993366 : Bold
WC T5 Warrior : WC T3 Warrior : TC T2 Warrior : SC T1 Warrior (Perma-NPC)
"When there's nothing left to burn, you have to set yourself on fire."

Back to top Go down
Kari

Kari

Capricorn Cat

PostSubject: Re: The Quiet Before Dawn   The Quiet Before Dawn EmptyWed Mar 14, 2018 3:59 pm

She jumped at the russet tabby tom's sudden voice, landing on her paws rather gracefully considering the situation and blinked at him in confusion. "N-Nettlesting! W-w-what are you d-doing out here?" The apprentice's words came out as a jumble of timid stuttering as she glanced around nervously. Silentpaw didn't expect anyone to be awake at this hour, and interacting with other cats was very very far from her strong suit. The last cat she wanted to upset was the one who might be treating her wounds some day after some unlucky accident.

The she-cat shuffled her paws uncomfortably, realizing she may have said something wrong. "N-n-not that you c-can't b-be out here th-this early! I-I didn't mean it like that. It's j-just that i-it's unusual to s-see anyone out here unless there's a r-reason. N-not that you n-need to tell m-me that or anything!" Pigeon dung! She was just making an absolute fool of herself. Clearing her throat awkwardly, the she-cat looked away from his piercing green eyes and felt her pelt begin to burn with embarrassment.

Faaaaar from her strong suit.

֎  Masterlist  ֍

Back to top Go down
Stags

Stags

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: The Quiet Before Dawn   The Quiet Before Dawn EmptyMon Mar 19, 2018 7:58 pm

Nettlesting chuckled, coming to sit next to the she-cat. She was an interesting one. The sleepy tom sighed, looking up at the sky. "I'm just trying to look for a sign from StarClan." he admitted softly.

Back to top Go down
Kari

Kari

Capricorn Cat

PostSubject: Re: The Quiet Before Dawn   The Quiet Before Dawn EmptySat Mar 24, 2018 4:01 pm

Silentpaw wriggled in place awkwardly, sitting down and peeking at the tom out of the corner of her eye. "A sign from S-Starclan? P-pardon me, I don't r-really know much a-about that kind of thing b-but it seems a little odd t-to seek something from S-Starclan like this? D-don't signs usually come in the form of d-dreams?" She asked, timidly shifting her gaze around. "What k-kind of sign are you looking for?"

The she-cat really had no idea what to say to him, so she pawed at the ground nervously instead.

֎  Masterlist  ֍

Back to top Go down
Stags

Stags

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: The Quiet Before Dawn   The Quiet Before Dawn EmptyWed Mar 28, 2018 5:31 pm

Nettlesting shook his head, as if to answer no to all of the above. The medicine cat turned his head to peer at the white she-cat. She was dazzling and breath taking beautiful. A star, right here in this camp. She was soft and gentle, the opposite to his storm. The soft to his hard. And suddenly, who he was and what his job came back to him. He was a medicine cat, and he could never keep her to himself. Not in a creepy way or anything but, any mate of hers would make him jealous. He couldn't fight the battles for her, couldn't be her mate. But he could be one thing. "Silentpaw, would you like to be ShadowClan's next medicine cat apprentice?" His green eyes was soft, unusual for his sharp and cold expression. Every cat had their guilty pleasures. Their one true possessiveness. It wasn't against the code to desire. His will power was stronger than that.

Back to top Go down
Kari

Kari

Capricorn Cat

PostSubject: Re: The Quiet Before Dawn   The Quiet Before Dawn EmptyThu Mar 29, 2018 12:18 am

Her breath caught in her throat at his next words. Suddenly she could do nothing but gape at him, jaw dropped and heart beating fast. Her? A medicine cat?? There was no way she could take on such a huge responsibility... "I-I... I'm sure you have the wrong cat for the j-job. I-it's a great honor but..." She mumbled, head lowering slightly. "There's no way I c-could ever..."

She trailed off, unable to say the words. How could she ever become a medicine cat? She wasn't smart enough for that kind of thing. She might accidentally hurt another cat instead of healing them some day, and what if she upsets Nettlesting? Anxiety clouded her thoughts as her gaze fell to the ground, self doubt holding her back once again.

֎  Masterlist  ֍

Back to top Go down
Stags

Stags

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: The Quiet Before Dawn   The Quiet Before Dawn EmptyThu Mar 29, 2018 2:05 pm

Nettlesting flicked his tail, trying hiding his annoyance. He began softly. "Are you telling me the life of a warrior is better for you? Killing cats instead of saving them? Causing bloodshed because Littlestar decided to go into battle? Claw marks cause scars, you know, and... you're much too pretty for that." Nettlesting stood, and started to pace. "I can change your name. You don't have to be a stuttering and quiet warrior apprentice anymore. You can shape the clan, have a real voice. You don't have to be Silentpaw, you cna... you can be Lightpaw or something light that! Something not as humiliating! You would be the real cat keeping the clan safe. Keeping the clan from harm. Yes, we lose some but who do they turn to when they're hurt?..." he paused, turning and settling down in front of her. "They can turn to us, turn to you. You were born with the stars in your pelt, Silentpaw, do not deny me or yourself destiny of being their living representative in the clan! Silentpaw! I'm telling you, this is meant to be." he blinked, his speech ending in a soft whisper. She just had to be his apprentice. He needed her.

Back to top Go down
Kari

Kari

Capricorn Cat

PostSubject: Re: The Quiet Before Dawn   The Quiet Before Dawn EmptyFri Mar 30, 2018 3:48 pm

Her heart was pounding in her chest, eyes wide and startled. Destiny? It couldn't be her he was talking about, could it? She dipped her head, tail curling demurely over her paws. She had never thought of her name as humiliating. After all, being silent wasn't necessarily a bad thing was it? She liked being quiet, it kept her from being noticed and ridiculed. "I-I... I'm not pretty... I'm j-just..." Her eyes squeezed shut as Rosepaw flashed in her mind's eye.

Rosepaw was pretty...

She shook her head, trying to shove that agony back. Stars in her pelt... representative of Starclan... This was all so sudden. How could she tell him that she was afraid of being noticed? How did she show him he was making a grave mistake? Silentpaw was no healer. To be a healer you have to save people, and she had already let one die. Silentpaw would be a pitiful excuse for a medicine cat. After Rosepaw...

Wait.

Maybe this was her repentance.

If she saved lives, maybe Rosepaw would forgive her? It was a selfish way of thinking but... part of her hoped nonetheless. Lifting her deep, azure gaze to Nettlesting's she nodded slowly. "O-okay... I-I accept."

I'm so sorry Rosepaw...

֎  Masterlist  ֍

Back to top Go down
Stags

Stags

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: The Quiet Before Dawn   The Quiet Before Dawn EmptySun Apr 01, 2018 8:43 pm

Nettlesting grinned. "Oh, you're going to love it, Silentpaw. I promise. I'll go prepare. And you can consider changing your name." Nettlesting slipped off into the darkness.

OoC; I'll make the ceremony soon.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Quiet Before Dawn   The Quiet Before Dawn Empty

Back to top Go down

The Quiet Before Dawn
Page 1 of 1