Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Starry Starry Night (Closed)

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Not

Not

Number of posts : 3732

Starry Starry Night (Closed) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Starry Starry Night (Closed)   Starry Starry Night (Closed) - Page 2 EmptyThu 8 Mar 2018 - 15:10

Spotfur let out something between a purr and a laugh at her joke. She seemed to be lightening up. That was good. Loosening such stiffness was easy with a good joke. "Yeah. At this point, I think the kits are better peacekeepers than the leaders!" But her second statement dampened the humor and he frowned. He had been asking himself this for moons and didn't hesitate with the answer. "I think the stress of being responsible for the whole Clan just does things to you. I think she's trying to make good decisions, but... how much does she think about the effects of her actions on the other Clans?" He glanced around. Hopefully nobody was awake to hear him.

Back to top Go down
Squirrelnose

Squirrelnose

Characters : (P)Petalpaw (B)Barkkit (S)Sunkit
Clan/Rank : ShadowClan
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 3341

PostSubject: Re: Starry Starry Night (Closed)   Starry Starry Night (Closed) - Page 2 EmptyFri 9 Mar 2018 - 4:50

"She probably thinks RiverClan is more important than the other clans in every way. I do see her perspective, she is supposed to keep her clan safe after all, not every clan. But arrogance and violence are not traits we need in a leader. I'm not saying her decisions are horrible, of course we would protect Sunningrocks and of course we need more herbs, but taking hostages and prisoners? Steeling every herb and piece of prey from a defenseless clan, as well as taking territory? It just doesn't seem right. You're probably right, stress is what makes everyone mess up. And I can't think of something more pressuring than being responsible for an entire clan," Nutfur voiced thoughtfully. This time there was no anger in her voice, though there usually was when she talked about this subject. But it was different when arguing than when explaining. She half smiled as a thought came to her. This was the calmest and most light-hearted rant ever.

Starry Starry Night (Closed) - Page 2 Signat10
Back to top Go down
Not

Not

PostSubject: Re: Starry Starry Night (Closed)   Starry Starry Night (Closed) - Page 2 EmptyFri 9 Mar 2018 - 8:32

Spotfur nodded slowly. "Yes... I thought the same thing. Starclan help Windclan... I'm glad Crowstar and Littlestar chose to side with us. Had they not, Ivystar's wrath would be upon them for sure. and it would be 4 clans against one... I wonder sometimes, why Jaystream doesn't speak up. I know he feels some unsettlement about all this war and killing and things. Could it be that he doesn't want to anger his mother? He does have ten kits now, I think both Ivystar and Jaystream want to protect them all they can. It will only make Ivystar strive more to protect her clan, knowing she has ten more kits to provide for. Sometimes a small litter is a blessing. Ten kittens would be too much for almost any cat, much less the small figure of Cinderpaw."

Back to top Go down
Squirrelnose

Squirrelnose

Pisces Dog

PostSubject: Re: Starry Starry Night (Closed)   Starry Starry Night (Closed) - Page 2 EmptyFri 9 Mar 2018 - 10:21

"As much as I don't want us to grow any more powerful, you are right. It's a good thing the less clans we attack. And Jaystream only has so much power. Ivystar can demote him any time. And he's been a ThunderClan hunter since we were apprentices. Maybe being a father will be good for him, and not turn him more like his mother. Ten kits must be stressful. And even though they mean more warriors, for now they just eat and don't hunt. It wouldn't be as big of a deal if they were spread out more. But we can manage, even if that's just because of invasion and thievery," Nutfur replied. Jaystream and her were the same age, even though he became a warrior before her. That was just because she was captured by twolegs for a while, causing her ceremony to be delayed. And of course, her small bit of depression after Echopaw. Looking at Spotfur, she wondered if she would feel the same way if she lost him. She probably would. And being with him wasn't against the code... No, she couldn't think like that. He had a mate, and when had anything ever worked out well for her?

Back to top Go down
Not

Not

PostSubject: Re: Starry Starry Night (Closed)   Starry Starry Night (Closed) - Page 2 EmptyFri 9 Mar 2018 - 13:25

Spotfur let out a small gasp. "I didn't know deputies could be demoted! I thought they were the deputy until either they died or the leader lost their 9th life!" That was genuine surprise. He had no clue it was possible.

Back to top Go down
Squirrelnose

Squirrelnose

Pisces Dog

PostSubject: Re: Starry Starry Night (Closed)   Starry Starry Night (Closed) - Page 2 EmptyFri 9 Mar 2018 - 13:41

"I don't think it's ever happened in RiverClan, at least not during my lifetime. But a WindClanner told me their old deputy, Smokepelt, got demoted. The WindClanner probably shouldn't have let clan secrets slide, but we were apprentices at a gathering. So it can happen, but it's rare. I'm actually pretty sure Smokepelt was demoted because Fishstar demanded it after he permenately broke Frogjaw's jaw," Nutfur explained. Too late she realized that it had been Echopaw who told her about Smokepelt, so she quickly covered it up with the words about being at a gathering. Hopefully Spotfur wouldn't get suspicious. After all these moons of hiding the fact, she couldn't be found out now. When she mentioned Frogjaw, she remembered the elder. He was Lilytail's father and a respectable cat. Now as she looked at the tom next to her, she wondered how h hadn't known that a deputy could be demoted. It probably just never came up in his education.

Back to top Go down
Not

Not

PostSubject: Re: Starry Starry Night (Closed)   Starry Starry Night (Closed) - Page 2 EmptyFri 9 Mar 2018 - 17:34

Sportful's eyes widened. "Wow... That's crazy. I've heard tales of Fishstar, about how he was a great leader and he lost his 9th life about a moon before I was kitted. There are rumors that Ivystar still holds a grudge against Windclan for some terrible thing they did, but I never did hear all about what happened."

Back to top Go down
Squirrelnose

Squirrelnose

Pisces Dog

PostSubject: Re: Starry Starry Night (Closed)   Starry Starry Night (Closed) - Page 2 EmptySat 10 Mar 2018 - 5:15

"I was a kit when Frogjaw was maimed, and when I was an apprentice Morningfog, a pregnant queen, was mauled by a WindClanner. Fishstar said either that warrior was exiled, or we would go to war. Ashstar exiled her," Nutfur answered. It wasn't until now that she noticed how much older she was than Spotfur. "Fishstar died the day of my warrior ceremony. Ivystar was still Ivyfall when she gave me my warrior name." She missed when Fishtstar was leader. Ivystar had been a great deputy, and the biggest war-like motion was an overreaction after two cats got maimed. That lifestyle had been better, and she knew that Finchstream had been fairly close to the former leader. It was strange how such a strong cat could die of a disease.

Back to top Go down
Not

Not

PostSubject: Re: Starry Starry Night (Closed)   Starry Starry Night (Closed) - Page 2 EmptySat 10 Mar 2018 - 5:53

Spotfur blinked. "So basically what you're telling me is we're doing the same to Thunderclan as we did to Windclan except because of murder and now we dragged all 5 Clans into it."

Back to top Go down
Squirrelnose

Squirrelnose

Pisces Dog

PostSubject: Re: Starry Starry Night (Closed)   Starry Starry Night (Closed) - Page 2 EmptySat 10 Mar 2018 - 6:20

"I guess. But now we've killed a cat and took another prisoner instead of demoting one and exiling one. But it was for murder instead of maiming. But they wouldn't have been murdered if we hadn't angered ThunderClan by taking Lionspark and Honeyspark hostage. So it's our fault and stakes are higher now." Nutfur couldn't help but look at the swirling image of the stars above. They wouldn't let any more murders happen, right? Not in any clan. She was as angry as any cat that the murders had happened, but unlike most, she wasn't angry at the murderers. Did Spotfur feel the same way, or was he one of those cats who needed someone to blame for everything? "Do you think the murderers deserved what they got?"

Back to top Go down
Not

Not

PostSubject: Re: Starry Starry Night (Closed)   Starry Starry Night (Closed) - Page 2 EmptySat 10 Mar 2018 - 6:43

Spotfur hadn't given much thought to this. "The one who killed Rowanpaw I hear was fed deathberries. I'd say nobody deserves that fate unless it's to keep them out of pain. But the other one, I don't know... She's feisty and obviously misses her siblings and Clan, but something just doesn't seem right and I can't put my paw on it."

Back to top Go down
Squirrelnose

Squirrelnose

Pisces Dog

PostSubject: Re: Starry Starry Night (Closed)   Starry Starry Night (Closed) - Page 2 EmptySat 10 Mar 2018 - 7:09

"The warrior who killed Rowanpaw didn't deserve to die. ThunderClan had good reason to be angry, and though that doesn't justify murder, we should take partial responsibility. And Flickerpaw, the apprentice we have taken prisoner, she shouldn't be forced to be here. I think we should have had Blizzardstar confine the two of them to camp for a moon or two. That would be more of a punishment than what we gave to Otterleap." Nutfur repressed a growl at the thought. Ivystar could be so unfair and unforgiving at times. She kept making excuses for Otterleap, but wouldn't let ThunderClan make excuses merely because they weren't RiverClan. Remembering why she asked the question in the first place, she realized that Spotfur had passed the test of sorts. He was a cat who could see past revenge. A cat that she could find herself liking.

OOC: When did this turn into a talk about clan cat politics?

Back to top Go down
Not

Not

PostSubject: Re: Starry Starry Night (Closed)   Starry Starry Night (Closed) - Page 2 EmptySat 10 Mar 2018 - 7:45

OOC: this is when we started getting political

IC: Spotfur nodded. "I don't know. What if the Warrior Code stated punishments as well? Like, for murder, said murderer would be confined to camp and gets, like, less prey or something. Like half-starve them for 2 moons or something. I don't know. I mean, they'd be alive, and could be given herbs or whatever at the end of those moons. Or exile. Or something set! I hear Gingerstripe was exiled, Specklefang was killed, Flickerpaw was basically taken prisoner, and Otterleap was guilty. They all killed 1 single cat and got different punishments!"

Back to top Go down
Squirrelnose

Squirrelnose

Pisces Dog

PostSubject: Re: Starry Starry Night (Closed)   Starry Starry Night (Closed) - Page 2 EmptySat 10 Mar 2018 - 13:08

"Stating punishments in the warrior code would make everything easier. There would be a lot less cats like Ivystar," Nutfur agreed, though mentally she did have doubts. If the warrior stated punishments as well, she would feel obligated to have to punish herself for what she did. Though there would be a lot more fairness, she had a feeling that more cats would want to keep their codebreaking a secret. So it actually wouldn't change to much. And she couldn't imagine what the punishment for her sin would be. Exile? Being killed? The best would probably be demotion to an apprentice--or even kit--for a while. How would she have been able to keep following the warrior code then? But as she remembered her fear and horror at her feelings about Spotfur, she realized that she was punishing herself. She just hadn't realized it. So was that a good thing or a bad thing? Would it be fine to love again? "Do you think that cats who break the code in secret would have to punish themselves if that was the case?"

Back to top Go down
Not

Not

PostSubject: Re: Starry Starry Night (Closed)   Starry Starry Night (Closed) - Page 2 EmptySat 10 Mar 2018 - 14:51

Spotfur frowned. "That would... pose a problem. I guess the circumstances are always different, but some structure would be sufficient. But I doubt anyone would punish themselves."

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Starry Starry Night (Closed)   Starry Starry Night (Closed) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Starry Starry Night (Closed)
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next