Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Sunpaw's Moonstone Journey

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Middy

Middy

Characters : [R]ushingpaw
Clan/Rank : [R]-RC App
Leo Snake
Number of posts : 1958

Sunpaw's Moonstone Journey Empty
PostSubject: Sunpaw's Moonstone Journey   Sunpaw's Moonstone Journey EmptySat 17 Feb 2018 - 18:08

Birdflight was currently heading over to sit at the camp entrance for Sunpaw. There was a bundle of herbs at her paws that she placed down once she got there. The warrior had eaten her bundle not too long before. Today they would be going to the Moonstone. Birdflight had gotten accustomed to taking the apprentices on the journey. In fact, she loved doing it. It wasn't too often so she got some time to rest before she would go again. "Sunpaw! Time to go!" she called to the tom. It was pretty early because they needed to travel a long way. If they kept at a good pace, they'd be there in time.

Rushingpaw ║ ♀ ║ Apprentice - RiverClan[App Stats] 20 HP / 60 SP#C0D6E4

PitaPata Cat tickers
Back to top Go down
SillySunshine

SillySunshine

Characters : (S)oftkit
Capricorn Cat
Number of posts : 444

PostSubject: Re: Sunpaw's Moonstone Journey   Sunpaw's Moonstone Journey EmptySat 17 Feb 2018 - 19:49

Sunpaw jolted when he heard his name called, and he quickly got to his feet. Though life in Thunderclan had been rough lately, what with the death of his mother Specklefang, Sunpaw couldn't help but feel excitement for his upcoming journey. He was going to be traveling to Highstones... and meeting Starclan! He gave his fur a once over and deemed himself presentable, so he ran out of the apprentice's den to the waiting cat. "Hello, hello! I'm here and ready to go!" He mewed eagerly.

My Active Cats

Current Events

Back to top Go down
Middy

Middy

Leo Snake

PostSubject: Re: Sunpaw's Moonstone Journey   Sunpaw's Moonstone Journey EmptySun 18 Feb 2018 - 22:22

The calico she-cat grinned at Sunpaw's excited behavior. "Alright but before we go, you must eat these. I must warn you that they are bitter and nasty but they'll help give you strength and keep your hunger down for the journey." the warrior said while pushing the bundle of herbs toward the tom. She always found the reaction apprentices had to the traveling herbs amusing. She had that same reaction when she went to the moonstone moons back. After a while of taking apprentices on the journey, she had grown accustomed to the foul taste.

PitaPata Cat tickers
Back to top Go down
SillySunshine

SillySunshine

Capricorn Cat

PostSubject: Re: Sunpaw's Moonstone Journey   Sunpaw's Moonstone Journey EmptyMon 19 Feb 2018 - 6:34

Sunpaw excitedly took the bundle of herbs into his mouth and chewed... before spitting it out, his lip curled in disgust. "Ew! What is that?!" He looked up at Birdflight in bewilderment. "You weren't kidding when you said they were bitter!" However, he knew that he needed to eat the herbs, no matter how gross they were. So he braced himself and tried again, gagging slightly but able to swallow them down. He looked up at the she-cat, pleased with himself. "E-easy. What next?"

My Active Cats

Current Events

Back to top Go down
Middy

Middy

Leo Snake

PostSubject: Re: Sunpaw's Moonstone Journey   Sunpaw's Moonstone Journey EmptyWed 21 Feb 2018 - 6:28

"Well now, we're heading out!" Birdflight chirped. She led the apprentice out of the camp entrance and into Thunderclan territory on a journey to the Moonstone. 

~Time Skip~
They had left Thunderclan behind and eventually passed Fourtrees. The two cats quickly travled through Windclan's territory. The abandoned barn was pretty easy to go through. Birdflight already knew which path to take for them not to cross trouble. The barn was soon behind them as mow stood before the Thunderpath. Adrenaline was streaming in her body as Monsters roared by. "Okay Sunpaw, when I say go, run as fast as you can. I will be in front of you." the warrior instructed. She looked forward once more and as another monster ran past, the warrior called out "Run!" She bolted across the black path with Sunpaw not too far behind. Once they made it, the calico she-cat turned to speak to the tom, "I'll let you rest for a little bit. Tell me when your ready."

PitaPata Cat tickers
Back to top Go down
SillySunshine

SillySunshine

Capricorn Cat

PostSubject: Re: Sunpaw's Moonstone Journey   Sunpaw's Moonstone Journey EmptyWed 21 Feb 2018 - 7:17

Sunpaw panted, his fur standing on end in fright. He took a few shaky steps away from the Thunderpath before sitting down. This was his first ever interaction with an active Thunderpath, and it was just as bad as the stories. The russet tom took a moment to collect himself, then stood. Luckily, the journey thus far had not been so bad; because of the soft snow underpaw, his pads didn't ache like they probably would have if it wasn't leafbare. He turned to the she-cat with a somewhat shaky smile. "O-okay. That was easy enough. I'm ready now!" He purred.

My Active Cats

Current Events

Back to top Go down
Middy

Middy

Leo Snake

PostSubject: Re: Sunpaw's Moonstone Journey   Sunpaw's Moonstone Journey EmptyThu 22 Feb 2018 - 15:10

Birdflight nodded with a knowing smile and signaled for Sunpaw to follow. She led him up to Mothermouth while Silverpelt had just appeared on the sky above. "I assume you're more than ready to continue? Stick close to me Sunpaw. It's very dark in the tunnel." she said as she stepped inside and led him through. Finally, they reached the cavern entrance where they both stepped inside. The cavern was illuminated by the Moonstone. The warrior settled herself by the entrance to wait for the apprentice. "Touch your nose to the Moonstone when you're ready. I'll be right over here to take you back." she said.

PitaPata Cat tickers
Back to top Go down
SillySunshine

SillySunshine

Capricorn Cat

PostSubject: Re: Sunpaw's Moonstone Journey   Sunpaw's Moonstone Journey EmptyFri 23 Feb 2018 - 3:53

Sunpaw looked up at the Moonstone in awe, taking in the glowing rock in all its glory. He could see why this was the place that cats met with Starclan; just standing in this cavern made Sunpaw feel like he had entered a different world. At Birdflight's words, Sunpaw gingerly stepped toward the Moonstone. Now that he was here, he was beginning to feel nervous. Would his ancestors approve of him? Had he done anything wrong? Shaking off the thoughts, the russet apprentice closed his eyes, lowering his head to touch the stone.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sunpaw's eyes shot open, and he found himself in a completely different place than he had been when he closed them. He looked around at his surroundings in wonder. His fur ruffled in a breeze he couldn't feel, and the stars above him seemed brighter than ever.

My Active Cats

Current Events

Back to top Go down
Seer
Former Staff
Former Staff
Seer

Characters : Kestrelpaw ♀ | Jaypaw ♂ | Hawkpaw ♂
Clan/Rank : ThunderClan Apprentice | RiverClan Apprentice | SkyClan Apprentice
Libra Cat
Number of posts : 3263

PostSubject: Re: Sunpaw's Moonstone Journey   Sunpaw's Moonstone Journey EmptySun 25 Feb 2018 - 15:33

"Sunpaw.."

"Sunpaw.."

It was as if the breeze that wreathed around Sunpaw held a soft voice, barely discernible among the gentle rattling of the foliage and undergrowth  that unfolded endlessly around the young tom. The breeze was exhaled once more, ruffling the starry grasses and trees with a much more noticeable intensity- kicking up faint flecks of weak starlight and casting it into the air around the young tom. With the next gust of strangely warm wind, there was a faint spark of light that bathed both Sunpaw and the unearthly forest in a faint flash of dazzling white light.

Right before Sunpaw stood a sleek tabby, long fur rippling with a strange, ethereal glow that simmered softly with every movement. Standing before Sunpaw, Thistlepaw looked nothing like the limp and ragged corpse that had been carefully dragged back to ThunderClan's camp all those sunrises ago.  Standing with a strange resolve evident in her soft form, the young she-cat offered Sunpaw a short nod before speaking.

"It's nice to finally meet you, Sunpaw."

Sunpaw's Moonstone Journey Img_0312
current characters | semi-return from inactivity
Back to top Go down
SillySunshine

SillySunshine

Capricorn Cat

PostSubject: Re: Sunpaw's Moonstone Journey   Sunpaw's Moonstone Journey EmptySun 25 Feb 2018 - 16:39

Sunpaw felt as if he should know this cat. Her stripes reminded him of Leafstorm... wait. "Are... are you Thistlepaw?" Sunpaw hazarded, eyeing the tabby with confusion. He felt slightly nervous in the presence of the Starclan cat. "Y-you are, aren't you? I never... I..." Sunpaw was lost for words, drinking in the sight of his dead sister. Her death was what had caused Specklefang to ignore him in her grief. Her death had caused so much hurt for the clan... but he didn't hate her for it. He just wished he had gotten the chance to meet her when she was alive. "It's... nice to finally meet you." The russet tom settled on, feeling tears shimmer in his eyes.

My Active Cats

Current Events

Back to top Go down
Seer
Former Staff
Former Staff
Seer

Libra Cat

PostSubject: Re: Sunpaw's Moonstone Journey   Sunpaw's Moonstone Journey EmptyTue 27 Feb 2018 - 11:14

Thistlepaw's head tilted slightly as she gazed at Sunpaw, her form rippling and wavering slightly as she watched him struggle through the torrent of emotions that had likely been unleashed upon him. Feeling another clinch of guilt tighten her nonexistent insides, the long-furred tabby merely blinked in response to her younger littermates tearful words. Recalling Newttongue's harsh words with an internal flinch, the star-flecked tabby took a tentative step towards Sunpaw. "Do not weep," Thistlepaw murmured softly, "Save your tears for the days when grief truly demands them. I'm here to guide you in your transition to Warriorhood, which is a joyous occasion." She finished, reaching out with a nimble forepaw to gently nudge the soft fur on Sunpaw's face before speaking once more, "Now tell me, do you have any questions? Past or present, it does not matter."

Back to top Go down
SillySunshine

SillySunshine

Capricorn Cat

PostSubject: Re: Sunpaw's Moonstone Journey   Sunpaw's Moonstone Journey EmptyTue 27 Feb 2018 - 16:12

"Questions...?" What was he supposed to ask? A question that would benefit the clan? A question that had the answer to save lives? ... There was only one question that Sunpaw truly wanted to be answered. "... What was mother like? Before you died?" Was what came out of his mouth, and he didn't regret it. "Ever since I was born, she was so... distant. Has she always been like that...? Or... did she just not love me as much as the other kits? Is it because I was adopted?" Once the first question came out, Sunpaw couldn't seem to hold his thoughts in.

My Active Cats

Current Events

Back to top Go down
Seer
Former Staff
Former Staff
Seer

Libra Cat

PostSubject: Re: Sunpaw's Moonstone Journey   Sunpaw's Moonstone Journey EmptyThu 1 Mar 2018 - 13:47

"Specklefang was never as warm and affectionate as the other Queens, that much should've been obvious." Thistlepaw recalled, her muzzle wrinkling slightly as she struggle to properly find the memories of her early kithood, "In fact, she was hardly even there after I was born- she and Leafstorm really only visited if they needed to." Listening to the rest of her adopted littermate's pleas intently, the long-furred she-cat paused for another heartbeat, a sorrowful expression overtaking her rounded features. "I'm certain that Specklefang loved you as much as the kits she gave birth to, but she... had always struggled a bit when it came to outward displays of affection. Although, even if it she couldn't always display it, she loved each and every one of her kits deeply. Regardless of whether or not they were adopted." The next words tasted like ash in her mouth, making her teeth grate together with a painful intensity. How could her measly death cause so much suffering? Gaze drifting to the luscious grass that swayed under her paws, Thistlepaw's chest ached bitterly as she opened her mouth to speak once more, "My...death and Lionspark's capture took something from Specklefang- it twisted her with grief and made her feel as if she had to retreat into herself to survive. I'm sure that she loved you dearly, but it's not her fault that she appeared so distant in your eyes."

Back to top Go down
SillySunshine

SillySunshine

Capricorn Cat

PostSubject: Re: Sunpaw's Moonstone Journey   Sunpaw's Moonstone Journey EmptyFri 2 Mar 2018 - 19:18

"No... I don't really blame her. I just felt like there was something I needed to prove to her, and I never really got the chance." Sunpaw mewed, finally feeling at peace when he thought of his mother. "But now I understand." The russet tom's eyes crinkled when he smiled in gratitude. "Thank you, Thistlepaw. I'm sorry I never got to meet you before... but I'm glad I have now."

My Active Cats

Current Events

Back to top Go down
Seer
Former Staff
Former Staff
Seer

Libra Cat

PostSubject: Re: Sunpaw's Moonstone Journey   Sunpaw's Moonstone Journey EmptyMon 5 Mar 2018 - 11:34

"I'm glad too." Thistlepaw murmured, gaze lifting once more so that she could properly look at Sunpaw. She had never been close with any of her littermates, a fact that had left a stinging wound deep within her chest after she had died. A soft breeze swept through the luscious forest around the pair once more, causing Thistlepaw's form to waver slightly, the starlight that composed her unearthly form starting to slip away once more. There was never enough time for everything she wished to say. "Walk through this life with ease, my brother," The words felt strangely comforting to say aloud, "Specklefang and I will follow you with each step you take, even through the darkest of nights. We will always be with you." She finished quietly, only barely visible now. The entire world around Sunpaw was slowly dissipating as he began to subconsciously stir, the bright colors all around him slowly bleeding into the darkness that now filled the Moonstone's cavern.

"Please do me just one favor, tell Leafstorm that I'm sorry. I never meant to hurt him in this way. And- and tell Newttongue that I appreciate everything he's done." Thistlepaw called, her voice sounding far away as the evergreen realm of StarClan's territory completely fell away from Sunpaw's grasp.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sunpaw's Moonstone Journey   Sunpaw's Moonstone Journey Empty

Back to top Go down

Sunpaw's Moonstone Journey
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next