Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

bare necessities ❖ closed

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Harlem

Harlem

Cancer Dragon
Number of posts : 1470

bare necessities ❖ closed Empty
PostSubject: bare necessities ❖ closed   bare necessities ❖ closed EmptyThu 15 Feb 2018 - 15:44

Duckpuddle had been more than excited when she had found out that she would be mentoring an apprentice. Apprentices were the future of RiverClan, and the job of a mentor was to make sure that the Clan had a bright future ahead of them. As promised, the brown she-cat padded swiftly out of the warriors' den early in the morning so that she could wake up Sleetpaw. It was time to pass on the skills that she had learned from Ivystar on to the young tom. Duckpuddle quietly stuck her head inside the apprentices' den and watched for a couple of heartbeats as the cats inside slept peacefully and silently.
"Sleetpaw," The warrior called out, softly, "It's time to go."

ooc; apologies for the shortness.

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: bare necessities ❖ closed   bare necessities ❖ closed EmptyMon 19 Feb 2018 - 0:17

OOC: I'm very sorry for my lateness! I got busy with work!

IC: Sleetpaw awoke after hearing his newly assigned mentor's voice. "H-Huh?" he muttered softly. The tom then jumped up after realizing that it was his first day of training. "Coming Duckpuddle!" he called as he stepped out of the den, now fully awake. "I'm here!" he declared as he stepped beside his mentor. He was ready to learn!
Back to top Go down
Harlem

Harlem

Cancer Dragon

PostSubject: Re: bare necessities ❖ closed   bare necessities ❖ closed EmptyMon 19 Feb 2018 - 15:16

Duckpuddle couldn't help but smile at Sleetpaw's enthusiasm, but a small bit of doubt poked at the back of her mind. RiverClan had lost so many apprentices recently, and both mentors and mothers have been suffering and mourning. What if she was the next mentor to have to suffer through losing an apprentice? No, Sleetpaw couldn't- wouldn't die. Right? Hiding her negative emotions from the young tom, Duckpuddle went on to talk.
"Okay, Sleetpaw," She started, "Today we're going to be hunting. I'll be teaching you the basics, like how to catch a fish and the proper position for hunting land prey. This should be fun, just as long as you don't act foolishly."
Before waiting for an answer, the brown warrior spun around and flicked her tail for her apprentice to follow her out of camp. She was determined to be a good mentor for this young tom. However, the fear of losing her first apprentice still continued to bite away at her mind.

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: bare necessities ❖ closed   bare necessities ❖ closed EmptyTue 20 Feb 2018 - 11:08

Sleetpaw followed behind his mentor. He was very excited to get to see the outside for the first time. He was mostly stuck in camp previously but now he'll be able to do much more. He began to stare at the landscape around him in awe. Every direction, the territory seemed endless. He heard that there were borders but he had no knowledge of where they were or which of the clans shared them with this clan. Duckpuddle had said that they were going hunting. He couldn't wait to catch his first prey!
Back to top Go down
Harlem

Harlem

Cancer Dragon

PostSubject: Re: bare necessities ❖ closed   bare necessities ❖ closed EmptySat 24 Feb 2018 - 15:24

Duckpuddle couldn't help but glance over her shoulder at Sleetpaw. The she-cat smiled once she saw his expression and how awestruck he was. The brown warrior began to silently wish that she had had the ability to display her enthusiam about training and being an apprentice, just like Sleetpaw. However, now was the time to focus on training this young tom. Once Duckpuddle was sure that they had reached a fine enough spot, she stopped and turned around to face her apprentice.
"I'll let you choose. We can start with fishing techniques or land prey techniques."

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: bare necessities ❖ closed   bare necessities ❖ closed EmptyThu 1 Mar 2018 - 8:12

"Let's do land prey techniques first! That sounds awesome!" he said. The young apprentice waited for Duckpuddle to continue. Sleetpaw was just too happy to finally be out of the camp.
Back to top Go down
Harlem

Harlem

Cancer Dragon

PostSubject: Re: bare necessities ❖ closed   bare necessities ❖ closed EmptyThu 1 Mar 2018 - 15:22

Duckpuddle nodded with a smile. She was amused by Sleetpaw's enthusiasm, but she certainly wasn't mocking it. It was always nice to see an apprentice who was eager to learn about skills so that they could feed and protect their Clan.
"Alright. I want you to show me your best impression of a proper hunting crouch. In order to accurately catch prey, you need to be quiet and sneak up on them in a certain way. The crouch makes sure that you don't make too much noise or cast your shadow so far that the prey can see it before you get close."
Duckpuddle wanted to see what the young tom knew already, so she'd end up correcting Sleetpaw's form after he demonstrated what he thought a hunting crouch was for her.

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: bare necessities ❖ closed   bare necessities ❖ closed EmptyThu 15 Mar 2018 - 21:39

OOC: I'm so sorry! I forgot all about this topic :(

IC: Sleetpaw nodded and bit his lip. He then crouched into a pouncing pose. His bum wasn't too high and he kept his tail off the ground. He wobbled a bit as he tried to keep his paws light. "H-How do I look?" he asked with an embarrassed expression. He believed he looked terrible.
Back to top Go down
Harlem

Harlem

Cancer Dragon

PostSubject: Re: bare necessities ❖ closed   bare necessities ❖ closed EmptyFri 16 Mar 2018 - 10:40

ooc; it's okay! we'll get to the hunting system logistics after your next post.

Duckpuddle silently watched as Sleetpaw attempted to get himself into a hunting crouch, but the flaws in his position were as clear as day, and the she-cat didn't need to take very long to inspect him. The warrior padded over and gently pushed down on his back so that he was closer to the ground, but his belly fur wasn't brushing against anything. His tail was off the ground, but she lowered it a bit with her paw so that it was just barely off the ground. If anything besides Sleetpaw's paws touched the forest floor, it would end up making unnecessary noise and scaring the prey away.
"It was pretty good for your first try," Duckpuddle commented, "But you're still wobbling a bit. Shift your weight so that it's evenly balanced throughout all four of your paws, but try to put the majority of the pressure on your front paws. You'll make less noise that way."

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: bare necessities ❖ closed   bare necessities ❖ closed EmptyTue 27 Mar 2018 - 12:06

Sleetpaw nodded in understanding. He crouched down once more to try and incorporate what his mentor said he needed to improve on. The tom was now closer to the ground but not fully touching. His tail was level with the ground but not touching. The tom then balanced his weight among his limbs but putting more of the pressure on his front paws. "H-How's this Duckpuddle? Is this better?" he asked with a hopeful gaze.
Back to top Go down
Harlem

Harlem

Cancer Dragon

PostSubject: Re: bare necessities ❖ closed   bare necessities ❖ closed EmptyFri 6 Apr 2018 - 15:07

Duckpuddle smiled as Sleetpaw adjusted his form, and she gave him a nod of approval.
"Very good, Sleetpaw!" She praised the young tom, "I'm sure you'll be one of the best hunters in the forest in no time."
The she-cat wasn't about to waste any more time. She was ready to show Sleetpaw how to catch land prey.
"It's fairly easy to find the scent of prey. You should already know what most prey smells like since you've eaten it from the fresh-kill pile. However, the scents will be a lot fresher out here while they prey is still alive. I want you to watch what I do very closely and try to copy it once I tell you to do so..."

ooc; okay, the hunting system.

as shown here, there is a list of prey that is able to be caught in the forest. below each prey is every clan, and beside each clan are different numbers. those numbers are very important, because it helps us determine if we catch the prey or not.

let's look at the birds, for example.
when i look at birds, i go to the riverclan section and see that it says 1-4. when i roll the hunting dice, i have to roll 1, 2, 3, or 4 in order to catch a bird. if a roll of a 5, 6, 7, 8, or 9, i miss. if i roll a 10, i miss the catch, and a predator appears.

all you have to do is make a post that explains what your cat is doing, describe them sniffing out their prey, getting into the crouch, stalking forwards, and leaping.
'Duckpuddle found a bird, dropped into a crouch, and padded forwards. After waiting for a few heartbeats, she sprang forwards.'

before you send the post, press 'preview', and then look down at the dice section.
it says 'dices roll #1'. click the down arrow and select 'hunting dice'.
dice rolls should remain on 1.

then, send your post.

once you send your post, you'll see the number that the dice rolled. if the number is 1-4, then you caught the prey. go back to your post and click edit, and describe your character successfully catching their prey and burying it for later. if the number you rolled is 5-9, you missed the prey. go back to your post, press edit, and describe your character missing their prey. if you rolled a 10, edit your post, and describe your character running into a predator. you get to choose the predator that appears, but you have to roleplay as both your character and the predator using the battle system.

this is a riverclan patrol, so when you try to catch prey, only look at the riverclan numbers.
however, if you were doing a skyclan patrol, you'd look at skyclan numbers.
shadowclan numbers for a shadowclan patrol.
etc.

here's my example:

ic; Duckpuddle shot Sleetpaw one more glance before padding over towards the frog that she had watched hopping behind a bush and out of sight. She wanted to catch it. She desperately hoped that she wouldn't end up missing in front of her own apprentice. Her job was to teach Sleetpaw, not let him see what it looks like to fail. Sucking in a silent breath, the brown warrior crouched down and stealthily made her way around the bush where the frog was waiting. It was far away enough to pounce on it, but she knew she couldn't leap very far, or she'd overshoot it. Mentally preparing herself, she leaped forwards. It dawned on the warrior that she had overshot the bird once her shadow stretched over the winged creature. Shock and embarassment immediately heated her pelt, but she played it off as smoothly as she could.
"And t-that, Sleetpaw, is what you should not do," Duckpuddle quickly stammered, "Well, I mean, you should copy the form of the hunting crouch that I used... just, don't jump too far over your prey. Y'know? B-because that would be a stupid mistake."

Last edited by Harlem on Fri 6 Apr 2018 - 15:27; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Characters : Mistpelt
Clan/Rank : RiverClanWarrior
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 15066

PostSubject: Re: bare necessities ❖ closed   bare necessities ❖ closed EmptyFri 6 Apr 2018 - 15:07

The member 'Harlem' has done the following action : Dices roll

'Hunting Dice' : 8

bare necessities ❖ closed Mistpe10
bare necessities ❖ closed Sig2
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=xxxmuffinheadxxx
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: bare necessities ❖ closed   bare necessities ❖ closed EmptyTue 24 Apr 2018 - 22:28

OOC: Like this? :>

IC: Sleetpaw nodded eagerly and shot Duckpuddle a smile. He didn't even notice her mistaje as really being a mistake. He believed she was doing it on purpose to teach him. He soon found a nice frog nearby. He positioned himself like she taught him and then pounced when he was at a reasonable distance. Sleetpaw's paws didn't grip it hard enough as it slipped out and began to jump back to wherever it came. "Oops. I should hold it better next time huh Duckpuddle?" he commented sheepishly.

Last edited by Jagged on Tue 24 Apr 2018 - 22:30; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Characters : Mistpelt
Clan/Rank : RiverClanWarrior
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 15066

PostSubject: Re: bare necessities ❖ closed   bare necessities ❖ closed EmptyTue 24 Apr 2018 - 22:28

The member 'Jagged' has done the following action : Dices roll

'Hunting Dice' : 8
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=xxxmuffinheadxxx
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: bare necessities ❖ closed   bare necessities ❖ closed Empty

Back to top Go down

bare necessities ❖ closed
Page 1 of 1