Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Featherpaw's Medicine Cat Ceremony

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Honey Badger
Former Staff
Former Staff
Honey Badger

Characters : Current: Acornstar, Badgermask, Creamsky, Duckpaw, Eveningmoon - Old: Badgerfang, Silentherb, Stormstar, Stormeye, Twistedfoot, Badgerpaw, Nightcloud, Maplestar, Honeypaw, Bearmask, Ryefur, Owlheart, Morningpaw, Creamstorm, Smokeheart, Badgerpaw, Cinderpaw, Elmpaw, Stormpaw, Larksong, Amberpelt, Lionspark, Smokestripe, Mottleheart, Storm that Lights the Clouds, Leopardpaw, Honeytongue, Foxfire, Flintshard, Hayglow, Muddyleap, Theron
Clan/Rank : [A]ThunderClan T5 Leader [B] ShadowClan T5 Warrior [C] SkyClan T5 Warrior [D] RiverClan Apprentice [E] WindClan T2 Warrior
Gemini Buffalo
Number of posts : 7359

Featherpaw's Medicine Cat Ceremony Empty
PostSubject: Featherpaw's Medicine Cat Ceremony   Featherpaw's Medicine Cat Ceremony EmptyFri 9 Feb 2018 - 12:51

It was a lie to say that he wasn't nervous as Mottleheart sat just outside of his den, his tail curled around his paws as he stared up at the sky. The sun was setting - night would soon be upon them and...Well, it was time that Featherpaw finally got her full name. His mind was abuzz with the words he knew he would have to speak, loose memories of Gorsefeather's still bubbling in his head. He shook his head as he stood up, bracing himself against the cold night air that was on the horizon as he waited for his apprentice. He had made mentions to her about something happening tonight but had kept the real reason under wraps. He wanted it to be a surprise - a congratulations on a job well-done. It was odd to think that she had truthfully been a medicine cat longer then him - the only reason he was carrying a rank over her was due to what knowledge Gorsefeather had implanted in him. He took in a deep breath as he ran through the words he was expected to say along with what her full name would be...

Featherpaw's Medicine Cat Ceremony ABC-Gang-Acornstar-2
Acornstar ~ Badgermask ~ Creamsky ~ Duckpaw ~ Eveningmoon
TC T5 Leader (80 HP - 170 SP) ~ SC T5 Warrior (70 HP - 160 SP) ~ SkC T5 Warrior (70 HP - 160 SP) ~ RC Apprentice (20 HP - 60 SP)~ WC T2 Warrior (35 HP - 70 SP*)
Rosybrown (Forest)/Sandybrown (Feral) ~ Indigo ~ Tan ~ Olive ~ Icyblue
*Disadvantage Stats
Back to top Go down
Holly
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Holly

Characters : | Leopardstar | Nightdancer | Lightningbreeze | Mistflower | Scarletpaw |
Clan/Rank : | ShadowClan Leader | ThunderClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | RiverClan Apprentice |
Gemini Cat
Number of posts : 5984

PostSubject: Re: Featherpaw's Medicine Cat Ceremony   Featherpaw's Medicine Cat Ceremony EmptyFri 9 Feb 2018 - 14:07

"Mottleheart! I'm back!" Featherpaw called out as she entered the camp. She had returned almost empty-pawed from yet another search for herbs - a few leaves here, a flower there, that was all they could hope for in leaf-bare - but faced her mentor with a gentle smile nonetheless.

ShadowClan ~ ThunderClan ~ SkyClan ~ SkyClan ~ RiverClan ~ Nomad
Leader ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Apprentice ~ Scout
Tier 5 ~ Tier 5 ~ Tier 3 ~ Tier 3 ~ Tier 0 ~ Tier 3
Back to top Go down
Honey Badger
Former Staff
Former Staff
Honey Badger

Characters : Current: Acornstar, Badgermask, Creamsky, Duckpaw, Eveningmoon - Old: Badgerfang, Silentherb, Stormstar, Stormeye, Twistedfoot, Badgerpaw, Nightcloud, Maplestar, Honeypaw, Bearmask, Ryefur, Owlheart, Morningpaw, Creamstorm, Smokeheart, Badgerpaw, Cinderpaw, Elmpaw, Stormpaw, Larksong, Amberpelt, Lionspark, Smokestripe, Mottleheart, Storm that Lights the Clouds, Leopardpaw, Honeytongue, Foxfire, Flintshard, Hayglow, Muddyleap, Theron
Clan/Rank : [A]ThunderClan T5 Leader [B] ShadowClan T5 Warrior [C] SkyClan T5 Warrior [D] RiverClan Apprentice [E] WindClan T2 Warrior
Gemini Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Featherpaw's Medicine Cat Ceremony   Featherpaw's Medicine Cat Ceremony EmptyFri 9 Feb 2018 - 14:54

Mottleheart's gaze snapped up as Featherpaw came padding into the camp, quickly gathering himself to his paws as he took in a deep breath of the cold air. He dipped his head to her, relieved that she was always so eager to go out looking for herbs. He couldn't stand the cold with his short fur - he was better off hiding in the safety of the camp to protect him from the worst of the wind. But, of course, tonight would require him to leave the dip but he didn't mind all that much. "Welcome back," he purred, before he nodded his head in the direction of the den's entrance. "Why don't you put those herbs away before meeting me at the entrance of the camp - we have a trip to make tonight." Normally there would be a small bundle of herbs for the two to eat to help keep up their strength but every leaf of their supply was special in the cold weather - it was lucky that they were the closest Clan to Highstone so it wouldn't be much of an issue to go without the traveling herbs. He padded past his apprentice, heading for the entrance as he turned his gaze back toward the sky. A few stars were already making themselves clear as the sky shifted from blue to violet, his tail swishing as he wondered how Featherpaw was going to react to the news that it was time for her ceremony.

TC T5 Leader (80 HP - 170 SP) ~ SC T5 Warrior (70 HP - 160 SP) ~ SkC T5 Warrior (70 HP - 160 SP) ~ RC Apprentice (20 HP - 60 SP)~ WC T2 Warrior (35 HP - 70 SP*)
*Disadvantage Stats
Back to top Go down
Holly
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Holly

Characters : | Leopardstar | Nightdancer | Lightningbreeze | Mistflower | Scarletpaw |
Clan/Rank : | ShadowClan Leader | ThunderClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | RiverClan Apprentice |
Gemini Cat

PostSubject: Re: Featherpaw's Medicine Cat Ceremony   Featherpaw's Medicine Cat Ceremony EmptyFri 9 Feb 2018 - 15:05

Featherpaw nodded, quickly setting the herbs into their stores, sorting them as quickly as she could. She made her way to the camp's entrance after that, the chill that felt almost pleasant to her reaching through her medium-length fur. A small part of her wondered what it was that would take them out of the camp that couldn't have been done earlier - perhaps Mottleheart had just been too busy to fit whatever it was anywhere else. "Everything is in its place," she declared.

Back to top Go down
Honey Badger
Former Staff
Former Staff
Honey Badger

Gemini Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Featherpaw's Medicine Cat Ceremony   Featherpaw's Medicine Cat Ceremony EmptySat 10 Feb 2018 - 16:13

Mottleheart grinned as Featherpaw came padding back, dipping his head before he turned to lead her out of the camp. He tried to hide the grimace that overtook his face as he started to slog through the snow, biting back grumbles of how it was sticking to his pelt. No matter how beautiful the snow could be and how it could sparkle like the stars at night when the light hit it just right, Leafbare was always his least favorite of the seasons. He couldn't wait until warmer weathers would be back upon them, but he shook his head as he pulled himself from his thoughts. His paws walked the familiar path toward Highstone, his gaze shifting over to his apprentice as he cleared his throat. "Tell me, Featherpaw, how do you like being a medicine cat?" It was a bit of an odd question to finally be asking after a few moons of living in the same den but he felt that now - right before she was going to get her full name - seemed like the perfect opportunity to get her honest thoughts. "Its...Been quite the change for me after being so long a warrior...And I am curious to get your views on it seeing how its the only path you have ever known."

*Disadvantage Stats
Back to top Go down
Holly
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Holly

Gemini Cat

PostSubject: Re: Featherpaw's Medicine Cat Ceremony   Featherpaw's Medicine Cat Ceremony EmptySat 10 Feb 2018 - 18:45

As they walked, Featherpaw considered the question. "Well... You're right. It is the only path I've ever known. I don't know what being a warrior would be like, how different my life might be if I were one. But I like being able to help others." It was odd, feeling so at ease around a cat she had been walking on eggshells around for moons. She supposed she had changed, if only a little. "Even at the lowest points, when I felt helpless to do anything... I've been able to take pride in being someone my Clan can count on, even if I sometimes have trouble expressing it to them. Is it different for you?"

Back to top Go down
Honey Badger
Former Staff
Former Staff
Honey Badger

Gemini Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Featherpaw's Medicine Cat Ceremony   Featherpaw's Medicine Cat Ceremony EmptySat 10 Feb 2018 - 19:03

Mottleheart listened to Featherpaw, a small smile forming at her words. He was proud of her - she was brave despite all that had been happening with the Clans lately. As she turned the question back onto him, he gave a shrug. "Very. For me, I had hopes of being a medicine cat when I was little following the raid RiverClan performed on us all those moons ago," he explained, although he was well aware that Featherpaw would only have knowledge of that event based on stories - after all her mother had just been an apprentice at the time. "But when that spot was taken by Beetlewing, I stayed on the path of a warrior. And...I think it was good that I did. I grew reserved after the large battle - I was only a kit but it left its own scars on me and I grew terrified of everything. But under Ashstar's training, I grew out of that shell and started being more outgoing...Even if the world seemed keen on sending me right back into that shell with all that it threw at me one after another...And when I truly started to question my place as a warrior as I-I still don't like the idea of fighting. At least I can stomach it when it has its reason but needless bloodshed chills me to the core - even more than this snow already does," he added, trying to lighten the mood slightly before he continued on. "But when I truly started to question my place, if I could truly serve WindClan as a warrior...StarClan led me to the path of the medicine cat. It isn't what I was expecting at times and I am still trying to get used to the change of responsibilities but...Its been wonderful having you to grow at my side with me, even if I have been the one teaching the lessons thanks to Gorsefeather's knowledge. But..." he drifted off, his gaze landing on where Highstone loomed in the distance, the sunset framing it. "I think I've taught you all that you can learn and its time that we be equals. What do you think, Featherpaw?"

*Disadvantage Stats
Back to top Go down
Holly
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Holly

Gemini Cat

PostSubject: Re: Featherpaw's Medicine Cat Ceremony   Featherpaw's Medicine Cat Ceremony EmptySat 10 Feb 2018 - 20:48

"You... You really think so?" Featherpaw asked. "I would... Yes, if you think I've become good enough..."

ooc: im so sorry, next post will be longer i swear

Back to top Go down
Honey Badger
Former Staff
Former Staff
Honey Badger

Gemini Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Featherpaw's Medicine Cat Ceremony   Featherpaw's Medicine Cat Ceremony EmptySun 11 Feb 2018 - 12:10

Mottleheart smiled as he nodded his head toward Highstone, taking a step to the side to brush his shoulder against his apprentice's. "I do," he said softly, his eyes flickering with a warmth he hadn't felt in a long time. Life had seemed determined to throw one terrible thing after another - even after he had become a medicine cat he had failed his duty and his daughter had died but...He couldn't deny that working beside Featherpaw had made him realize that this truly was where he belonged. He was never meant to be a warrior...And Featherpaw was meant to gain her full name, he knew it. "I think its time that you receive your full name, Featherpaw," he explained with a swish of his tail as the entrance that lead down to the Moonstone became visible against the white landscape. "Now come along - you've waited long enough."

With that, he bounded forward away from her, pausing at the entrance just long enough for her to catch up before he lead the way into the dark tunnel. He had been nervous the first time he had descended into the cavern - tight areas had never been his favorite and he despised the tunnels that ran beneath the moor. Even now, as his whiskers barely brushed the sides of the wall he felt consumed by the darkness but there was a warmth in his chest for he knew what awaited at the bottom. Finally, they broke through and entered the large cavern, the Moonstone glimmering as the newly risen moonlight hit it just right enough to cause it to shine. He came to a stop only a few pawsteps away before he turned to look at his apprentice. "Are you ready, Featherpaw?"

*Disadvantage Stats
Back to top Go down
Holly
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Holly

Gemini Cat

PostSubject: Re: Featherpaw's Medicine Cat Ceremony   Featherpaw's Medicine Cat Ceremony EmptySun 11 Feb 2018 - 12:21

The light hitting the Moonstone solidified her answer. Seeing this place for what might be the thousandth time, remembering the dreams she had had with her nose pressed to the stone, this was where she was supposed to be. She was meant to be standing here with her mentor, right now, and she wouldn't trade her place in this world for anything at all.

"Yes."

Back to top Go down
Honey Badger
Former Staff
Former Staff
Honey Badger

Gemini Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Featherpaw's Medicine Cat Ceremony   Featherpaw's Medicine Cat Ceremony EmptySun 11 Feb 2018 - 12:35

Mottleheart smiled as he cleared his throat, giving his pelt a shake as his fur stood on edge. He was thankful that weren't outside any more - he could now start feeling his paws again. But, he pushed those thoughts away as he drew upon the memory of what words he was about to utter, his gaze glowing as he stared down at the noble apprentice. "I, Mottleheart, medicine cat of WindClan, call upon my warrior ancestors to look down on this apprentice. She has trained hard to understand the ways of a medicine cat, and with your help she will serve her Clan for many moons," he spoke with a slight swish of his tail for effect. There was a warmth in his chest as he turned his attention fully onto her as he directed his next words at her. "Featherpaw, do you promise to uphold the ways of a medicine cat, to stand apart from rivalry between Clan and Clan and to protect all cats equally, even at the cost of your life?"

*Disadvantage Stats
Back to top Go down
Holly
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Holly

Gemini Cat

PostSubject: Re: Featherpaw's Medicine Cat Ceremony   Featherpaw's Medicine Cat Ceremony EmptySun 11 Feb 2018 - 12:45

The answer was immediate and concise. The one thing in life she knew for certain. "I do."

She had dedicated her life to following this path, and that she had come this far was a shock to realize. She would gladly lay down her life if it meant others would live, but she hoped it would never need to come to that.

Back to top Go down
Honey Badger
Former Staff
Former Staff
Honey Badger

Gemini Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Featherpaw's Medicine Cat Ceremony   Featherpaw's Medicine Cat Ceremony EmptySun 11 Feb 2018 - 12:46

He closed his eyes with a happy purr, standing up to his full height as he gleeful uttered the next few words. He had spent a good amount of time trying to figure out a name that suited the apprentice and he felt the one he had chosen fit her the best. "Then by the powers of StarClan I give you your true name as a medicine cat. Featherpaw, from this moment you will be known as Featherlight. StarClan honors your honest heart, determination and willingness to make a difference, and I welcome you as a full medicine cat of WindClan." Featherlight - a name fit for such a kind she-cat. She would serve WindClan well, being their light in the darkness as she aided those in need and helped him settle whatever choices would fall upon them. He took a step forward, resting his head on hers for a few heartbeats before he pulled back and flickered his tail toward the glowing Moonstone. "Now go, I'm sure StarClan will be eager to greet and congratulate you on your new name."

*Disadvantage Stats
Back to top Go down
Holly
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Holly

Gemini Cat

PostSubject: Re: Featherpaw's Medicine Cat Ceremony   Featherpaw's Medicine Cat Ceremony EmptySun 11 Feb 2018 - 12:52

The newly named Featherlight's eyes sparkled as she received her full name. Nodding to Mottleheart, she wordlessly made her way to the Moonstone, and pressed her nose to the cold stone. Closing her eyes, she let sleep take her.

Back to top Go down
Ripped
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Ripped

Characters : Auburnflare; Littlesplash; Heatherfrost; Crabpaw | Copper was here <3 Rom 2 c:
Clan/Rank : Tier 2 Warrior - Thunderclan [A]; Tier 2 Medicine Cat - Riverclan [L]; Apprentice - Windclan [H]; Apprentice - Shadowclan [C]
Cancer Buffalo
Number of posts : 6668

PostSubject: Re: Featherpaw's Medicine Cat Ceremony   Featherpaw's Medicine Cat Ceremony EmptyTue 13 Feb 2018 - 23:32

"Featherlight!"

The cries seemed to come from all directions as the living medicine cat joined her ancestors. An endless chorus of yowls rang out for the young she cat. A familiar grey and white she-cat came clearly into focus in front of the newly named medicine cat. With a flick of her tail, the noise immediately died. Sageleaf's ceremony had not been this grand. However, Featherlight had and was increasingly meaning more to her. The Windclan cat's former mentor wanted to make sure she had a proper welcome.

Their last meeting had ended on a good note so the ever youthful, yet older, she-cat moved forwards to touch noses with Featherlight before briefly touching their cheeks. Sageleaf stepped back to look her over and nodded before meowed, "Starclan welcomes you as a full medicine cat, Featherlight. How could you have missed the calls... I am so proud of you. It has been a pleasure to see what you have become from the stars."

Featherpaw's Medicine Cat Ceremony Img_0310

⌘ Auburnflare // Tier 2 Warrior // Thunderclan // SteelBlue ⌘
✿ Littlesplash // Tier 2 Medicine Cat // Riverclan // MediumAquamarine ✿
⁂ Heatherfrost // Tier 1 Warrior // Windclan // MediumOrchid ⁂
✲ Crabpaw // Apprentice // Shadowclan // FireBrick ✲

☆☆☆ Ask me about my past characters for lore, or Moonstone Journeys. ☆☆☆

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Featherpaw's Medicine Cat Ceremony   Featherpaw's Medicine Cat Ceremony Empty

Back to top Go down

Featherpaw's Medicine Cat Ceremony
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next