Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

An Explanation Owed [Closed]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Ripped
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Ripped

Characters : Auburnflare; Littlesplash; Heatherfrost; Crabpaw | Copper was here <3 Rom 2 c:
Clan/Rank : Tier 2 Warrior - Thunderclan [A]; Tier 2 Medicine Cat - Riverclan [L]; Apprentice - Windclan [H]; Apprentice - Shadowclan [C]
Cancer Buffalo
Number of posts : 6659

An Explanation Owed [Closed] Empty
PostSubject: An Explanation Owed [Closed]   An Explanation Owed [Closed] EmptyTue 23 Jan 2018 - 23:10

OCC: for me to reference her color: color=#66cc00

Sageleaf settled down onto the shining, open plains. It reminded her so much of Windclan territory when she frequented here. This place was beyond refreshing, and she found herself here more than anywhere else in Starclan. Home. Thinking of running over the moors, the former medicine cat briefly closed her eyes and remembered the feeling of wind through her fur. Exhilarating. There wasn't much different here in Starclan, the feeling was the same, sometimes even better than it had been down in the forest. She longed to stretch her equally shimmering legs and break into a sprint, chase down a rabbit. But, she couldn't right now. Waiting. Soon, the grey and white she-cat was to be joined by another. The thought was both equally daunting and exciting. There were not many times that she walked the dreams of cats other than apprentices who came to receive some encouragement or advice from their ancestors. Purpose.

In the afterlife, an eternity was both a limitless and too short time span. It seemed that only mere moments passed, but it could have been so much longer than that. Anticipation. Slowly, a figure came into focus in the clearing. Across from her was an apprentice. This might have seemed like just another meeting at the highstones, but her visitor still slept in the comfort of her own nest. Medicine cats did not need to wait to visit the Moonstone for a Starclan cat to break through their dreams. Sageleaf resisted the urge to briskly walk towards her former apprentice. Instead, she padded over slowly, relishing the moment she was allowed with one of the living, and meowed softly, "Featherpaw. It's been too long."

An Explanation Owed [Closed] Img_0310

⌘ Auburnflare // Tier 2 Warrior // Thunderclan // SteelBlue ⌘
✿ Littlesplash // Tier 2 Medicine Cat // Riverclan // MediumAquamarine ✿
⁂ Heatherfrost // Tier 1 Warrior // Windclan // MediumOrchid ⁂
✲ Crabpaw // Apprentice // Shadowclan // FireBrick ✲

☆☆☆ Ask me about my past characters for lore, or Moonstone Journeys. ☆☆☆

Back to top Go down
Holly
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Holly

Characters : | Leopardstar | Nightdancer | Lightningbreeze | Mistflower | Scarletpaw |
Clan/Rank : | ShadowClan Leader | ThunderClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | RiverClan Apprentice |
Gemini Cat
Number of posts : 5984

PostSubject: Re: An Explanation Owed [Closed]   An Explanation Owed [Closed] EmptyWed 24 Jan 2018 - 2:02

Featherpaw, at first, couldn't believe what she was seeing. That was a face she had not seen in so long it felt more like a dream than a memory, a voice with the same quality. Had her former mentor been a real cat, or just someone she had imagined?

In all honesty, she was afraid to look too close at the shimmering cat, afraid in much the same way as she was of her present mentor - that if she paid too much attention, asked too many questions, they would disappear and it would be as though they were never there.

The voice with which she spoke was hesitant and soft, a single word phrased as a question. "Sageleaf...?"

ShadowClan ~ ThunderClan ~ SkyClan ~ SkyClan ~ RiverClan ~ Nomad
Leader ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Apprentice ~ Scout
Tier 5 ~ Tier 5 ~ Tier 3 ~ Tier 3 ~ Tier 0 ~ Tier 3
Back to top Go down
Ripped
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Ripped

Characters : Auburnflare; Littlesplash; Heatherfrost; Crabpaw | Copper was here <3 Rom 2 c:
Clan/Rank : Tier 2 Warrior - Thunderclan [A]; Tier 2 Medicine Cat - Riverclan [L]; Apprentice - Windclan [H]; Apprentice - Shadowclan [C]
Cancer Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: An Explanation Owed [Closed]   An Explanation Owed [Closed] EmptySun 28 Jan 2018 - 21:23

"That is right..." She managed a soft purr as she padded closer and tried to reassure her former apprentice. They hadn't been together long at all before all of the events that had torn them apart. Mottleheart would be a good mentor, but she could not hold back some twinges of jealousy at the thought that he was getting the opportunity she never would. Sageleaf had felt that way her entire life about things, and despite her ability to look past it now, that much seemed to at least still stick with her a bit. The bicolor she-cat fixed the young medicine cat apprentice with a light stare, "You've really grown since we were last together."

It seemed a bit strange to be reconnecting with a cat she had barely known, but there was a part of her that would always strive to look out for and watch over Featherpaw in the same way that Puddlepaw had stayed with her. Sageleaf settled back on her haunches. This was not just for her, but rather, to give a peace of mind to the cats of Windclan below. They needed to know the full story of what had happened those moons ago with her and Slatethroat. A sigh left her, but she continued on, "We have a few things to discuss young one. So many things happened right after you began your apprenticeship."

Back to top Go down
Holly
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Holly

Characters : | Leopardstar | Nightdancer | Lightningbreeze | Mistflower | Scarletpaw |
Clan/Rank : | ShadowClan Leader | ThunderClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | RiverClan Apprentice |
Gemini Cat

PostSubject: Re: An Explanation Owed [Closed]   An Explanation Owed [Closed] EmptyMon 29 Jan 2018 - 11:46

Featherpaw nodded. "You left... And everyone was saying awful things about you." Those memories were still clear, even now after everything that had happened, the things Ashstar and her mother had said about the former WindClan medicine cat stayed with her, whether she wanted them to or not. "I didn't know what... Who... I could trust. I still don't think I do. Were they telling the truth? I didn't - I don't want to believe it... But... I need to know the truth. Why did you leave? What happened?" Featherpaw wasn't sure she could begin to understand what happened to lead WindClan's medicine cat to run off, leaving an untrained apprentice behind. But she wanted to try - she owed her former mentor that show of respect, at least, even if she wasn't certain she could trust whatever it was Sageleaf had to say. She wasn't certain she could trust her Clanmates' statements, either, and she still listened to whatever it was they said to her.

Back to top Go down
Ripped
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Ripped

Cancer Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: An Explanation Owed [Closed]   An Explanation Owed [Closed] EmptyMon 29 Jan 2018 - 17:55

"Oh, how I wished I could have told you at the time..." Sageleaf sighed, glancing down at her paws. Most of Windclan had bad memories of her, some of which she hoped to dispell with this conversation. However, the main goal was to make sure Featherpaw knew she had not been willingly abandoned. As much as she longed to amend the past, this talk was all she had. A small part of her hoped that Brindlewhisker would receive the truth too. She had considered walking the deputy's dreams, but they could not just travel into every cat's dream as they please.

"When I was a young medicine cat, much like you, Starclan gave me a vision." The she-cat recounted, staring into the stars behind the grey cat. It was as if she was living in that dream once more. She remembered every detail Gorsefeather had told her, each piece of the short vision she had witnessed. Finally, her green gaze returned to Featherpaw's, "They showed me my brother, Slatethroat, standing on the moors as they ran red with blood. We were littermates... I couldn't bring myself to believe there was something dark lying within him." Closing her eyes, she could picture him as a kit, playing alongside her. Then, as an apprentice, bound and determined to serve the clan as a warrior. How had he fallen so far and she failed to realize it?

"I spoke to Brindlewhisker about it, about the vision at least and not Slatethroat, I was too afraid to tell Ashstar- afraid what that might mean for him. Even after our paths tore us apart, he was still my brother..." It was all too clear when she remembered how foolish she had been next. The tip of her tail twitched as she continued on with the tale, "It was mousebrained of me, but I went to him next, hoping I could change his mind. But... instead, he threatened me, along with the whole clan. Slatethroat told me that if I did not publically declare that Starclan had deemed her unfit for leadership, then he would send cats to kill off her and the rest of the weak warriors within the clan." A knot seemed to stick in her throat but she ignored it. That part had caught her off guard. In trying to save the clan, she had made things worse and continued to do so.

"I told them all. I told the clan. And not all of them believed it. Every part of me felt wrong for speaking false words to my clan, but how could I let the blood that was foretold spill within our walls?" Sageleaf shook her head to clear the thoughts and continue on. With a flick of her tail, she gave a memory of the scene to Featherpaw. The young she-cat would see this all as clear as if it were happening in front of her, much like Sageleaf had watched Smokepelt snap an apprentice's jaw in cold blood. As the memory played back, the former medicine cat continue to speak, "He said I was not convincing enough, worthless to him. Slatethroat attacked me near the gorge, no doubt with the intent of harming the clan next. I threw him into the gorge. I was responsible for his death."

Back to top Go down
Holly
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Holly

Gemini Cat

PostSubject: Re: An Explanation Owed [Closed]   An Explanation Owed [Closed] EmptyTue 30 Jan 2018 - 11:17

Featherpaw listened silently, absorbing the information and placing it together with everything else she recalled. From what she knew, and understood, it seemed to fit into place, like a twisted puzzle. Seeing what had happened with her own eyes... Well, she had no reason left to doubt. "He threatened you... And then he attacked you?" she asked. "So, in self-defense... You threw him into the gorge. And that was why you left?" She could understand, to an extent. What Clan would accept a statement from a cat they already didn't trust that they hadn't killed in cold blood?

Back to top Go down
Ripped
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Ripped

Cancer Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: An Explanation Owed [Closed]   An Explanation Owed [Closed] EmptyFri 2 Feb 2018 - 1:38

"I-I didn't know what to do after," she stammered in admission. The she-cat's starry green eyes glazed over as she remembered what happened after. She had planned on following him in, that was the simplest way to put it, "but, then a Starclan cat showed up. Gorsefeather. He told me to leave and go to Thunderclan so I could finish my life there and not spend the rest of it living in the wreck Slatethroat left behind. Who would believe my word against a great dead warrior? They did not buy it when I spoke before..." Sageleaf sighed. They had a right to be skeptical, even if it had hurt at the time, the word had been that of a false prophet. But, did they really have such little faith in the young medicine cat and her ability to serve them? There was never a chance to figure it out under normal circumstances. Hopefully, they would be able to trust Featherpaw more than her.

"I wish I could have come back then to tell you what all had happened right away. There is no doubt Ashstar and the rest of Windclan would have thrown me away without lending me a single word. You've seen it all now, though. You can decide the truth for yourself." The former medicine cat nodded stiffly as she concluded her story. It was all said and done now. After so long, she finally had the chance to share the truth of the events that had unfolded as a result of her brother's misguided actions. He had such a passion for the clan that had driven him to extreme lengths and disloyalty that he could not manage to decipher from reality. Her ear twitched, "Tell Brindlewhisker I never wanted to disappoint her. She's a good cat- was a good mentor, as well."

Back to top Go down
Holly
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Holly

Gemini Cat

PostSubject: Re: An Explanation Owed [Closed]   An Explanation Owed [Closed] EmptyFri 2 Feb 2018 - 17:34

Featherpaw took a good look at her former mentor, and felt like she was seeing the older she-cat for the first time. No longer a mysterious figure who had known everything and left her to fend for herself in her mind, she could see the truth - had seen it, with her own eyes. She had the answers she had wanted for moons now, that they had been parted by necessity rather than malice, and any true resentment the silver medicine cat apprentice had once held melted away.

Even the stars themselves weren't infallible, and neither were the cats left to interpret their signs. Everyone made mistakes. It was something she had known, vaguely, all her life, but it was never clearer to her than in that moment. They didn't deserve to be judged on their mistakes alone.

"I will."

She knew what she had to do with the things Sageleaf had told her, certainly, but... Everything else she had learned here?

She wasn't sure what she was supposed to do with those realizations.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: An Explanation Owed [Closed]   An Explanation Owed [Closed] Empty

Back to top Go down

An Explanation Owed [Closed]
Page 1 of 1