Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place during the time before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! The latest announcements are below.
This month's activity check is currently underway, so make sure to post ;)
Even with the arrival of Newleaf, danger lurks around every corner.
If it's the full moon and the Gathering hasn't been made yet, please tell a Staff member. Thank you!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Share | 

Out In The Cold [Closed For the Dripster]

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Kent Mansley

Female
Number of posts : 1177

PostSubject: Re: Out In The Cold [Closed For the Dripster]   Sat Feb 03, 2018 4:39 am

Mange shivered and pushed his way in beside her, being swallowed up by much of her fur. He dug at the ground with slow scoops less to avoid spraying the other in dirt and more out of the fact he couldn't quite feel his paws anymore. He made a slight dip in the earth and pushed himself further into it, his shivering had taken over and all he could do now was lay there and let it happen. He barely acknowledged her when she spoke, unknowingly spacing out. "Hmm.." He tucked him paws under him and pressed down further into the earth. Maybe it was true. Maybe that fox scent wasn't so stale and it would return. He didn't see the hope in the situation like he would have before. Oh well. "My name's not really Mange." He mumbled, closing his eyes and dosing off. He woke with a jolt, forcing himself to stay awake a little longer. Just until he was sure he'd be alive when his eyes opened again.if he was going to survive this. He watched the cut on his paw clot and stared emptily ahead at it. "It's Flynn." He looked at the dirt wall next to him. "But what's the use if everyone will call me mange, huh?" If he wasn't suffering from hypothermia, he might've not said that but, he wasn't thinking clearly anymore.

Birchheart ThunderClan Warrior #009999 Newttongue ThunderClan NAW
#ff9900 Wildfire NAW #ff99cc Boarpaw ThunderClan Apprentice #ff6600 Rainpaw ThunderClan MCA DarkSlateGray

My Characters || "Post Here" Page || Trials I Plot Sign Up

Back to top Go down
Drippy

Characters : (L)eafstorm, (R)owantalon, (SH)arptooth, (M)intwhisker, (S)tormstrike
Female
Sagittarius Rat
Number of posts : 2864
Clan/Rank : Thunderclan SW/Shadowclan SW /Thunderclan EW/Skyclan MCA/Riverclan Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: Out In The Cold [Closed For the Dripster]   Sun Feb 04, 2018 7:26 am

If Sharptooth smiled, Mange didn't see it. "Flynn, hmm?" Her voice was even rougher than before. "I've heard worse names." She fell silent for a moment, but she felt a desperate need to fill the deathlike silence that seemed to fall between them. "Flynn, are you cold?" Without waiting for an answer, Sharptooth awkwardly shuffled towards him, wrapping her tail around him. "If we're going to die, we may as well do it comfortably, hmm?" She grunted, laying her head on her paws and staring up at the blank white landscape ahead of her.
"You don't still have that squirrel, do you?"

Leafstorm (100/280) Stormstrike (20/80) Sharptooth (80/240) Lilypaw (20/80, not pictured)
Rowantalon, Elder of Shadowclan (80/100) Thistlekit, NPC Kit of Windclan (not pictured above)
Back to top Go down
Kent Mansley

Female

PostSubject: Re: Out In The Cold [Closed For the Dripster]   Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:36 am

The tom nodded sleepily, forcing himself to stay awake, smiling. He felt a little relieved to have her tail around him. His was too thin to do much but Sharptooth was a walking cloud in comparison to him. "It's not pretty but it's food." he murmured and then pawed the squirrel closer to him and then pushed it toward Sharptooth. Hearing the name Flynn felt odd. He hadn't heard it since his mother forced him out their twoleg nest. He doubted he'd use it anymore. He wasn't a pet now, far from it. "Is your leg okay?" Mange meowed. He remembered her limp. Hearing the wind, the tom grew thankful for the little dirt shelter that the two shared. He curled himself up tighter by her side in an effort to keep anymore warmth from fleeing his body.

#ff9900 Wildfire NAW #ff99cc Boarpaw ThunderClan Apprentice #ff6600 Rainpaw ThunderClan MCA DarkSlateGray

Back to top Go down
Kent Mansley

Female

PostSubject: Re: Out In The Cold [Closed For the Dripster]   Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:40 pm

le boop]

Back to top Go down
Drippy

Characters : (L)eafstorm, (R)owantalon, (SH)arptooth, (M)intwhisker, (S)tormstrike
Female
Sagittarius Rat
Clan/Rank : Thunderclan SW/Shadowclan SW /Thunderclan EW/Skyclan MCA/Riverclan Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: Out In The Cold [Closed For the Dripster]   Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:43 am

Sharptooth shook her head. "Broken, I think." She rumbled, taking small, cautious bites of the squirrel, although she wanted to devour the entire thing. Flynn needed food too. "Let's not dwell on it too much. It's always better to end with happy thoughts on our minds." Sharptooth was quiet for a moment, shifting so Flynn was closer to her. Starclan, she could practically hear the little tom shiver. Her ears twitched and she rested her chin on one paw."I've always felt a sort of... pull towards adventure. A part of me has always wanted to travel, to see the world. I always thought that one day, I'd be able to see it all, y'know?" She laughed hoarsely. "I guess that's a valuable lesson. Never put off what you can do today for tomorrow, or you might never end up doing it." She paused once more, contemplating the sudden change that had come over her. She was getting... philosophical.
"Tell me, Flynn. Where did you come from?" She grunted.

Leafstorm (100/280) Stormstrike (20/80) Sharptooth (80/240) Lilypaw (20/80, not pictured)
Rowantalon, Elder of Shadowclan (80/100) Thistlekit, NPC Kit of Windclan (not pictured above)
Back to top Go down
Kent Mansley

Female

PostSubject: Re: Out In The Cold [Closed For the Dripster]   Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:59 am

He sniffled. Ugh, it was so cold! "I was a kittypet but, my mother kicked me out as a kit. I never knew why." He frowned and shivered again. It was beginning to happen every so often instead of constantly and that scared him. He took a few bites of the squirrel and listened to the wind. "I was taken in by a nice cat named Buttercup but she left me and now, I live in DawnClan. Pigeon is really strict and scary but its okay, I guess." He hummed. "Could you tell me about ThunderClan?''

we can have our timeskip to morning after you post unless you want to make it]

Back to top Go down
Kent Mansley

Female

PostSubject: Re: Out In The Cold [Closed For the Dripster]   Fri Feb 23, 2018 5:31 am

Bump

Back to top Go down
Drippy

Female
Sagittarius Rat

PostSubject: Re: Out In The Cold [Closed For the Dripster]   Sun Feb 25, 2018 2:49 am

OOC: heck i'm sorry real life stuff is trash

Sharptooth's ears twitched. "Dawnclan, hmm?" She grunted. "Never heard of it." Her demeanor softened when Flynn mentioned Thunderclan. "Thunderclan... where can I start? It's the only home I've ever known. My Clanmates are my family, and our territory is beautiful. Every day you wake up and... everyone else is there, laughing, smiling, ready to be together. To belong. It's hard to explain, really. I guess my favorite part about it is the belonging. Having a place to be is wonderful."

Back to top Go down
Kent Mansley

Female

PostSubject: Re: Out In The Cold [Closed For the Dripster]   Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:29 am

It's cool my dude.]

Flynn looked at his paws. He couldn't imagine it any more than a faint feeling. He'd been so young when his life was still normal and he thought he had belonged. "I wish I could know how that feels. It sounds wonderful but, it... it just doesn't seem real from the way you describe it." His territory was the alleys and a dangerous park with dogs in it. He had no family left to speak of and it felt more like an obligation to be in DawnClan. He thought of his clanmates as friends because he was simply afraid of not having any. Their camp was boxes, palettes, and a trash can. Were they really a clan? "I see why you're so dead-set on protecting your territory. It isn't a feeling I know but, having a place to belong and cats who love you... That's something that must be protected. In the morning, I can help you home and then I'll be out of your fur, Sharptooth." He opened his mouth to speak again and then shut it. He couldn't ask that. He'd already stolen from her clan and intruded in their home. Realizing how solemn his tone had gotten, he cleared his throat and gave a strained smile. Pushing the squirrel further to her, he curled up. "Well... G-goodnight. Thanks for telling me about ThunderClan." His mew began solemnly and then grew into a soft but relaxed tone.

Back to top Go down
Drippy

Female
Sagittarius Rat

PostSubject: Re: Out In The Cold [Closed For the Dripster]   Tue Feb 27, 2018 6:38 am

Sharptooth nodded as Flynn spoke, her sad eyes scanning the young tom. He seemed so hopeful, so sure that they would get out of this safely, that Sharptooth would make it back to Thunderclan.
But why didn't he come with her?
"You could come too, Flynn." She whispered. "You saved my life, and my clanmates would respect you deeply for that. We could change your name, and you could train to be a warrior. You'd never be alone again, and you wouldn't ever be cold. We have a great big den and..." She trailed off, watching Flynn for a moment. The little tom was asleep.
With a soft sigh, she lowered her head onto her paws and watched the snow fall, struggling to stay awake. Even as she forced her eyes open, she could feel sleep coming for her and within a few moments, she had fallen into a deep, dreamless sleep.

Back to top Go down
Kent Mansley

Female

PostSubject: Re: Out In The Cold [Closed For the Dripster]   Tue Feb 27, 2018 7:36 am

Flynn kept as still as possible, listening to her words. Oh, how nice that would be but, he couldn't just leave DawnClan, could he? What would Pigeon say to him? Even worse, what would she do to him? The she-cat held loyalty very high and was quick to suggest death as a punishment for anything. The hopeful image was dimming as dread and fear wormed its way into it. He had to keep these worlds separate. If he wanted the idea of ThunderClan life to be a hope in him, he'd have to keep Pigeon's paws off of it. It was clear her clan wasn't what a true clan was. Squeezing his eyes tighter, he willed himself to succumb to his exhaustion.

~Timeskip~

The small tom prodded at Sharptooth's shoulder softly. She still intimidated him to no end and he had no idea how she'd react to an abrupt awakening. The morning light beamed in, dunes of snow from the vicious storm were against trees. He'd cleared out the opening to their shelter, moving branches and shoving snow to make it easier for Sharptooth to get out. His pelt already had a light dusting of snow from the work and he was sore everywhere, his wounds made his movements stiff as well but in the end, he'd helped Sharptooth somewhat. Flynn cared for plenty of cats but, Sharptooth was one he'd like to call a friend despite their brief and unfriendly history. She was the only one to know or call him by his true name and the permanently happy facade was gone. He wasn't afraid of being left behind for being a drag. "Sharptooth, the weather is really calm. We should get going while the sky is kind to us."

We can do the camp topic pretty soon. Should it be an open topic?}

Back to top Go down
Drippy

Female
Sagittarius Rat

PostSubject: Re: Out In The Cold [Closed For the Dripster]   Wed Feb 28, 2018 3:40 am

Sharptooth woke up with a jolt, hitting her head on the low roof of their makeshift shelter. "Wha-?" She groaned, still half-awake and rubbing her eyes. "We made it?" She blinked furiously, recoiling from the sunlight. "Urgh... why'sit so bright?" Her speech was slurred, and she swayed where she sat. It was obvious that a short night out wasn't doing her any good, but her dull eyes brightened considerably when they landed on Flynn. "Oh! Yeah... We shouldget... should. get. There we go. We should get going... She pushed herself to her feet, wincing as she put weight on her leg. "Oof... C'mon, Flynn. Only one way to go."

OOC: Yeah, I think it should be open. D'you want to make it?

Back to top Go down
Kent Mansley

Female

PostSubject: Re: Out In The Cold [Closed For the Dripster]   Wed Feb 28, 2018 5:20 am

I'll make it]

He left the glorified scoop of dirt and waited for Sharptooth. "Does it hurt really bad?" He meowed with a pronounced frown as he looked at her leg. " We should probably keep a slow pace so you don't get any worse." Even talking hurt his face. Without thick fur to guard him, his skin was raw from the snow whipping it constantly in the storm. Despite this, he was visibly buzzing with energy at the idea of seeing ThunderClan. Even if it was only a split second, knowing such a place was real was enough for him. He could pick up a faint scent that had to have come at dawn for it to still be around. Distant but it must have been a ThunderClan scent, it wasn't the sharp tang of paths and alleyways.

Back to top Go down
Drippy

Female
Sagittarius Rat

PostSubject: Re: Out In The Cold [Closed For the Dripster]   Wed Feb 28, 2018 5:32 am

Sharptooth pushed her way out of their makeshift shelter, wincing as it fell behind her. "Oof... guess we're not using that again." She mewed, her ears twitching as she limped forward. "Er... no. I'm fine, I promise. Let's just get going before the snow comes back again." She was lying- even the tiniest bit of pressure sent a jolt of pain running through her leg. The bitter cold had helped with swelling, of course, but she had no doubt now that it was broken. She could only hope that such an injury wouldn't land her in the elder's den. But still... as she turned to face the wind, letting it blow the fur back from her face, she couldn't help but feel optimistic. She was going home, and she could practically smell it from here. Actually, she could smell it. "D'you smell that?" She mewed hoarsely. "That's home. This way, follow me!" And then she was off, limping forward with all her might. Every step brought her closer to Thunderclan.

Back to top Go down
Kent Mansley

Female

PostSubject: Re: Out In The Cold [Closed For the Dripster]   Wed Feb 28, 2018 5:42 am

Flynn chuckled as the shelter fell. "I hoped we'd never have to." He watched her limp with a skeptical look. She didn't seem fine. But, who knew besides her? Maybe she had more of a pain tolerance. The tom scented the air when she noticed the scent and had to hold back a bit of laughter seeing the fearsome cat scrambling towards home. He'd never had that reaction before or seen it for that matter. With a lithe body and broad paws, he could keep from crunching deep into the snow, gliding over some of the sturdier dunes of the substance. It amazed him, the soft white powder had driven them into hiding so easily.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Out In The Cold [Closed For the Dripster]   

Back to top Go down

Out In The Cold [Closed For the Dripster]
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warrior Clan Cats :: Areas of the Forest :: ThunderClan Territory-
Jump to: