Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place during the time before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! The latest announcements are below.
This month's activity check is currently finished, so make sure everything is updated ;)
The winds of winter rise as an Eclipse plagues the forest.
If it's the full moon and the Gathering hasn't been made yet, please tell a Staff member. Thank you!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Share | 

Somber Skies (STORY)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
gone

Female
Cancer Dragon
Number of posts : 1456

PostSubject: Somber Skies (STORY)   Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:18 pm

hey guys!
so, uh... i like to write. i really, really like to write. i haven't written a warriors fanfiction since i was in sixth grade, and it was a forbidden romance story about a medicine cat and a random tom. i kind of liked it, though, and i could've made it better by editing the vocabulary, grammar, and some plot points.

i'm getting away from the point, though.

i've been working on a new fanfiction called somber skies. i want to share it with you all! i'll update a new chapter every thursday and saturday. chapters won't be short, they'll be decent chapter sizes for a novel. this isn't like a short story, it's hopefully going to be a whole book.

so, that's pretty much all i wanted to say. everything else down below is just some extra information before i get into the story.
enjoy!

reminders/rules:
~ please do not comment on this thread! i'll say it again in bold and red: please do not comment on this thread. if you want to talk about the story, you can make a different topic for discussing the book, or you can talk about it in 'last one to post wins'.

~ if you wanna talk about spoilers, remember to use the spoiler code!

~ constructive criticism is highly appreciated. i always want to improve. if you catch a grammar error, then shoot me a pm and i'll fix it. the book plot is already planned out, so i can't change the plot for you, but if you have any editing suggestions, then my pms are always open!

~ if you spot the name of one of your wcc cats on the allegiances list, then that's a coincidence, i promise. i used a warriors name generator for the majority of these names.

~ i'll say it one more time: please do NOT comment on this topic. if you have an editing suggestion, pm me. if you want to talk about the book, make another topic or go to 'last one to post wins'. mark all spoilers with a spoiler tag.

if y'all post here, then i won't be able to delete your posts, so... just, please don't post here. okay? thanks! (;

♡ allegiances ♡

ClansLightningClanPondClanShadeClanBreezeClan
LeaderHeatherstar Froststar Scorchstar Quailstar
DeputyStonespark Amberdapple Swiftblaze Toadheart
Medicine Cat(s)Nutstripe
Maplepaw
Duckfeather
Willowpaw
Swancloud
Tawnypaw
Goosestone
WarriorsSootstrike
Batface
Spidertail
Cherryspots
Blazingpetal
Stormfang
Tigerstrike
Wolfpelt
Wrenwing
Whitestep
Eagletalon
Asterlight
Honeyflower
Feathersplash
Brownfur
Speckleheart
Pineleap
Mintshine
Blacktuft
Mudbranch
Leafpuddle
Thunderfall
Dayfeather
Foxtooth
Grayshine
Leafpad
Grasswhisker
Blizzardbelly
Dawnnose
Hazelfang
Ratfoot
Riverglow
Birdtuft
Flyfrost
Snailstrike
Rainsong
Brightflame
Mossfur
Streamfern
Webspot
Bearclaw
Robinsky
Plumberry
Ferretscar
Splashwhisper
Owldust
Badgerstripes
Bramblestrike
Shadowbriar
Moleface
Wolfdusk
Sagenose
Rosedapple
Bushblaze
Orchidheart
Tinystep
Violetwhisker
Silentstorm
Cloudleap
Flowerdust
Mistybird
Spottedtuft
Mottledpelt
Appleshine
Beetlefang
Snowcreek
Skybriar
Branchface
Cedarleaf
Cinderlight
Softbird
Halfdapple
Sheepcloud
Dovebrook
Mothtail
Ivyface
Eagleflame
Hawkswoop
Firewatcher
Alderdrop
Sparrowthroat
Busheye
Slatefrost
Cheetahjump
Embersong
Boulderwhisker
Lionwing
Treefang
Nightpad
Sandjaw
Elmwater
Mossystone
Paledusk
Windstride
Petalpounce
Pigeonbelly
Nettlepatch
ApprenticesSprucepaw
Icepaw
Ratpaw
Gingerpaw
Crowpaw
Raccoonpaw
Hailpaw
Echopaw
Newtpaw
Daisypaw
Harepaw
Adderpaw
Smallpaw
Jaypaw
Lakepaw
Fernpaw
Skypaw
Beepaw
Minnowpaw
Fishpaw
Beaverpaw
Finchpaw
Leopardpaw
Marigoldpaw
Wasppaw
Berrypaw
Shellpaw
Eelpaw
Brookpaw
Snakepaw
Firpaw
Morningpaw
Sedgepaw
Gentlepaw
Antpaw
Cloverpaw
Thornpaw
Sheeppaw
Redpaw
Squirrelpaw
Magpiepaw
Laurelpaw
Ravenpaw
Rainypaw
Viperpaw
Tansypaw
Driftpaw
Stoatpaw
Rownpaw
Juniperpaw
Ploverpaw
Deerpaw
Wildpaw
Cypresspaw
Oakpaw
Stripedpaw
Bluepaw
Poppypaw
Raggedpaw
Poplarpaw
Thrushpaw
Lichenpaw
Eveningpaw
Sandypaw
Swallowpaw
Rockpaw
Aspenpaw
Briarpaw
QueensSilverspeck
Lynxleap
Pikewater
Fawntuft
Dewgaze
Darklily
Snowyleaf
Pebblepatch
Lightrunner
Fogeye
Puddlewhisper
Vixentail
Wisteriafall
Brindledust
Pearshine
Thymefeather
KitsBirchkit
Cherrykit
Nectarkit
Stormykit
Pigeonkit
Rushkit
Reedkit
Vinekit
Sunnykit
Chestnutkit
Frogkit
Yellowkit
Ploverkit
Palekit
Dappledkit
Heronkit
Sharpkit
Weedkit
Larkkit
Swankit
Mousekit
Softkit
Furzekit
Weaselkit
Thistlekit
Twigkit
Quailkit
Duckkit
Coyotekit
Batkit
Sweetkit
Halfkit
Ivykit
Troutkit
Brightkit
Ashenkit
Dandelionkit
Risingkit
Milkkit
Rookkit
Volekit
Bellkit
Olivekit
Oatkit
Ryekit
Salmonkit
EldersCopperbranch
Daffodilpetal
Ripplewave
Mosquitowing
Frozenclaw
Kestrelflight
Tallwillow Rabbitspring
Gorseleg
Burrmask
Rogues/LonersKittypets
Malca
Ripper
Monica
Jinx
Sibel
Arthur
Ruby
Aimee
Dr. Pepper
Fingers
Kellogg
remember, my posting schedule is every thursday and saturday. however, i'll be posting a new chapter tomorrow.
you'll get chapter one tomorrow.
chapter two will come on saturday.
chapter three will come on thursday.

then the saturday/thursday schedule will continue on normally.

table of contents:
~ chapter one

Last edited by Harlem on Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:51 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
gone

Female
Cancer Dragon
Number of posts : 1456

PostSubject: Re: Somber Skies (STORY)   Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:48 pm

important character appearances:
~ eveningpaw
~ swallowpaw
~ quailstar
~ toadheart
~ eagleflame
~ sandypaw
~ goosestone
~ wisteriafall
~ stripedpaw
~ sheepcloud
~ mothtail

chapter one ~ eveningkit(paw)'s pov
There comes a time in every kit's life where they take a step into a world that's far different than the innocent lives that they've been living. The step from kithood to apprenticehood was something that every kit looked forward to, and I didn't fall short from the title of 'every kit'. Even though my mother, Wisteriafall, had taken so much time to groom my pelt, I had decided to try and groom it down even more. I anxiously and excitedly paced around the nursery with my eyes glued to the ground. I refused to sit still and wait for my ceremony to come. Experience had taught me that pacing made things come faster, and that's what I wanted. I flinched as I heard Swallowkit's voice from the nest behind me.
"You're going to dig a hole in the ground if you keep pacing!" My friend said with wide eyes.
I looked up at met his gaze as I paced towards him.
"Well, if I do make a hole in the ground, it's a good thing we won't be sleeping in this den for much longer."

Swallowkit opened his jaws to respond to my comment, but he was cut off by the commanding and familiar yowl of Quailstar as he called out the normal words that called the Clan together.
"Let all cats old enough to run the moors gather beneath the Tallrock for a Clan meeting!"
A strong burst of eagerness seemed to hit me in the face as I snapped my head over towards the exit of the nursery. Swallowkit shot me a small grin as he rose from where he had been sitting.
"C'mon! It's time."
"Last one out there is a maggot!"
I darted out of the nursery and briefly glanced over my shoulder to make sure that Swallowkit was following. With a genuinely happy smile, I raced up towards the the front of the crowd that was beginning to gather beneath the Tallrock. I practically knew that I was going to win until I saw a streak of black-and-white dart past me and stop at the head of the crowd. I gasped in shock and skidded to a halt. However, upon doing so, I crashed into the paw of a tall ginger cat.
"Sorry, Firewatcher!" I apologized with a sheepish grin.
Firewatcher glanced down and met my eyes. She returned my grin with a reassuring expression, "It's okay. Today is your day, right? You must be excited."
I nodded, feeling relieved that she had taken the crash lightly, "Super excited."
"Go on, then. It looks like your friend is waiting for you."
I turned my head to look at Swallowkit who was looking up at Quailstar with a proud grin. I frowned and padded over to the tom.
"Hey, maggot!" Swallowkit said, and I could clearly see the amused glitter in his eyes.
Maybe if you wouldn't of scared me, I could've won, I thought, sighing.

Once the rest of the Clan had joined together, Quailstar lifted his chin and began the ceremony.
"Together we gather to make two kits into apprentices. Eveningkit, Swallowkit, please step forward."
I bounced forwards with a pep in my step, but Swallowkit took a calmer step towards the Tallrock. Despite the fact that he seemed more serene, I could tell that he was just as excited as I was. After the two of us exchanged a quick glance, Quailstar continued on.
"Swallowkit, and Eveningkit, you two have reached the age of six moons, and it is time for you both to be apprenticed. From now, until you receive your warrior names, you shall be known as Swallowpaw and Eveningpaw. Your mentors will be Toadheart and Eagleflame, respectively."

"Woah!" The newly-named Swallowpaw exclaimed as the leader leaped down to end the ceremony, "I got the deputy as a mentor!"
I nodded, "That's awesome... I wish I had the deputy as a mentor."
"Well, it's a shame that you're stuck with me."
I turned around sharply to see Eagleflame standing behind me with his nonexistent eyebrows raised. I awkwardly and quietly laughed while shuffling my paws.
"You'll be an amazing mentor, too, though, Eagleflame." I blurted out, putting on a small smile.
The two of us touched noses, which was the traditional act, and I saw a small glimmer of pride glittering in his eyes.
"Maybe if you show some of your enthusiam when hunting a rabbit, you'll be the greatest apprentice in BreezeClan." The tom said as he lifted his muzzle back up and looked down at me.
I averted my eyes to see Swallowpaw as he briefly touched noses with Toadheart, the deputy, before exchanging a few words with him. Afterwards, the deputy swiftly padded off towards the leader's den.

"They're so lucky," I heard the high-pitched voice of Milkkit, "They get to be apprentices, and we're still stuck in the boring nursery!"
Salmonkit nodded in agreement, but rolled her eyes in amusement, "Quit being jealous of everyone, you furball. We'll be apprentices soon enough."

"So, Eveningpaw. Don't you think we should go and claim our nests in our new den?" Swallowpaw asked as we fell into step side-by-side.
"Yeah, I'll be right there. Try to get me a nest that's next to yours." I told him, not even looking in his direction.
Swallowpaw, with a slightly confused expression, bounded off towards the apprentices' den. I continued to glance over in the direction of another apprentice who was looking my way. However, it wasn't with a happy expression, or anything positive. In fact, I could tell that she was glaring at me. Trying not to glare back, I padded over with a neutral expression on my face.
"Excuse me," I began, putting on a polite tone, "Why are you staring at me?"
The she-cat didn't respond, she just looked away right after I finished speaking. I sighed in exasperation and stepped to the left so that she could see me again. Maybe killing this cat with kindness was the right thing to do.
"I uh- I didn't catch your name." I said, putting on a grin.
The apprentice looked at me, but this time she had a blank look on her face, "I didn't throw it."
I narrowed my blue eyes out of irritation, but tried to hold back a negative retort.
"I'm Eveni-"
"Yeah, I know, you're Eveningpaw the shiny, brand new apprentice. I was at the ceremony and I'm not deaf. Now, I think that you have better things to do than annoy me."
I heard an entertained snort come from somewhere nearby, and I turned my head to the left to see Goosestone near the camp exit with a bundle of herbs in his jaws. He gently placed them at his paws and continued to look at the two of us.
"It's your first day as an apprentice, and you're already getting yourself into trouble? I'm impressed, Eveningpaw."
I flicked my tail to acknowledge what he had said, but I continued to glare at the apprentice. After a couple of heartbeats, she rose from where she had been sitting and started over towards the camp exit.
"Sandypaw." She suddenly said, looking over her shoulder.
"Huh?" I asked, tilting my head.
"My name is Sandypaw. You asked, didn't you? Great StarClan, you're awfully forgetful. Now that you know who I am, I'd appreciate if you could leave me alone. Preferably forever, if you don't mind."

I blinked, watching as she left the camp without another word. If she wanted to be so rude, then she could be rude. There were plenty of apprentices in BreezeClan, and if just one of them was ill-mannered, then at least I could befriend my other denmates. Even if I couldn't get on the good sides of everyone else, I had Swallowpaw. I watched as he poked his black-and-white head of the apprentices' den.
"Hey, are you coming?" He asked, flicking his tail.
"Yeah!" I called, racing up towards the apprentices' den and gently nudging his shoulder as I got near him.
"Stripedpaw already had nests ready for us. They're close to the back, and they're right next to each other."
"Your brother is so kind," I commented, padding into the den, "Where even is he?"
Swallowpaw turned around and followed me deeper into den, "He went out on a hunting patrol after the ceremony."
"What about Mothtail and Sheepcloud?" I asked, "Where are they?"
"Border patrol. I bet they'll be back soon once another patrol tells them about what happened."

I suddenly felt a small pang of jealousy. Swallowpaw had an older brother and two parents that were alive and well. All I had was Wisteriafall. I loved my mother with all my heart, and my gratefulness about the fact that she was always there for me was more than enough. However, sometimes I wished that I had two alive parents and some littermates. My mother had told me that my father had died in a battle against ShadeClan moons before I was born. I still wished that I had had the chance to meet him. I had always imagined him to be a strong, fast, handsome warrior. Then again, I'd never have the chance to see if my fantasys about him were true.

"So... are you excited?" Swallowpaw suddenly asked me.
"Huh? About what?" I asked.
"Being an apprentice! We can finally learn how to hunt, we can learn how to defend our Clan, we can attend Gatherings, we can do practically everything!"
I shook my head and held back a laugh, "True. I'm ready for it all."
"We're gonna be the best apprentices in BreezeClan, and we're gonna train hard, and we're gonna do it together." Swallowpaw sounded bold and confident as he spoke.
"Yeah, together." I confirmed, nodding my head one singular time.

chapter end.

Back to top Go down

Somber Skies (STORY)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warrior Clan Cats :: Off Topic :: Artwork & Literature-
Jump to: