Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Stonepaw's Moonstone Journey

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Jay Bird
Former Staff
Former Staff
Jay Bird

Characters : [F] Fernpaw ; [O] Oakpaw
Clan/Rank : [F] Windclan ; [O] Riverclan
Pisces Dragon
Number of posts : 4009

Stonepaw's Moonstone Journey Empty
PostSubject: Stonepaw's Moonstone Journey   Stonepaw's Moonstone Journey EmptySun 24 Dec 2017 - 14:50

The deputy waited at the entrance like always. After the fight, a lot of apprentices were now going to the Moonstone, because they showed how capable they were to fight just like the other warriors. That was good... at least Riverclan would have more cats around hunting and going on border patrols to protect the clan.

His green eyes stared at the herbs in front of him as he lazily yawned, tired from all the deputy work he had to do. But he was the only one that could do these journeys so Stonepaw could talk to their ancestors before turning into a warrior.

Oaksoul of Riverclan ↠↠ Tier 2 Warrior ↠↠ #3333cc
Ferntwist of Windclan ↠↠ Tier 1 Warrior ↠↠ #0099cc
Stonepaw's Moonstone Journey Signat14
Back to top Go down
Willow

Willow

Characters : Stoneface of RC | Nightpaw of ShC | Softpaw of TC | Frostpaw of RC | Coyotekit of WC
Virgo Rooster
Number of posts : 336

PostSubject: Let's get this show on the road!   Stonepaw's Moonstone Journey EmptyMon 25 Dec 2017 - 17:44

Tension crackled in the privacy of Stonepaw's thoughts. His mind was still buzzing with Pantherpaw's revelation about their shared parentage, ethical qualms about Ivystar's actions in the wake of the battle, and memories of the battle itself. The sadness that plagued his heart from hardly spending any time with Vixenstep also weighed heavily on him. Between being busy with his apprentice duties and Vixenstep having an apprentice of her own to train, they hadn't had much chance to talk. The quiet tom could use a friend, now more than ever.

Stonepaw had been roused early so he and the deputy could get to the Moonstone and back as quickly as possible. RiverClan could barely afford to spare a paw with all of the work it took to survive leaf-bare and recover from the aftermath of a large battle. The grey tom knew this was a crucial step in his apprenticeship. This journey would bring him closer to becoming a warrior, something Stonepaw had dreamed of since his first night outside the nursery. He obediently swallowed the bitter herbs Cloudstone had given the two toms to aid them in keeping hunger pains at bay. Cats communing with StarClan weren't allowed to eat beforehand.

Stoneface, Newly Appointed Warrior of RiverClan (40HP|120SP)
Shy dark grey tomcat with pale yellow eyes

Nightpaw, Apprentice of ShadowClan (20HP|80SP)
Fierce black she-cat with bright blue eyes

Josie, Loner, formerly of Twolegplace (20HP|60SP)
Kind pure-bred Himalayan she-cat
#ff9999

Frostpaw, Apprentice of RiverClan (20HP|80SP)
Gentle silver-and-white she-cat with warm, yellowish green eyes
#33ccff

Coyotekit, Kit of WindClan (5HP|20SP)
Quiet light brown tabby she-cat with faded markings and yellow eyes
Back to top Go down
Jay Bird
Former Staff
Former Staff
Jay Bird

Pisces Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Stonepaw's Moonstone Journey   Stonepaw's Moonstone Journey EmptyMon 25 Dec 2017 - 19:00

The warrior ate his herbs as well as the apprentice and he looked at him, noticing that he wasn't so excited like all the other apprentices that went to the Moonstone. The young tom wasn't even nervous or unsure about it... he just seemed too concentrated in other stuff inside his head that Jaystream couldn't understand or know. However, the deputy knew that look in his eyes... this tom wasn't happy at all and he seemed quite troubled. "Come with me, Stonepaw. Let's start, okay?" He purred smiling friendly at him.

Leaving the camp behind, Jaystream guided Stonepaw through the territories of his clan, always keeping an eye on him, concerned about what was happening inside of him. When they were close to the Twoleg Bridge, the warrior made up his mind and decided to talk. Maybe he just needed someone to be by his side and listen to him. "Are you feeling well, Stonepaw? You don't see too enthusiastic about this travel." He looked at Stonepaw from the corner of his green eyes.

Back to top Go down
Willow

Willow

Characters : Stoneface of RC | Nightpaw of ShC | Softpaw of TC | Frostpaw of RC | Coyotekit of WC
Virgo Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Stonepaw's Moonstone Journey   Stonepaw's Moonstone Journey EmptyMon 25 Dec 2017 - 21:37

The younger tom walked alongside his deputy in silence as they moved through their territory. He kept his eyes fixed ahead of him when Jaystream questioned him about his mood. Was he being that obvious? "I...I suppose I have a lot on my mind," Stonepaw began, honored the deputy took notice of the apprentice and cared enough to ask him about what troubled him. Even so, his whiskers twitched in embarrassment and uncertainty at the thought of discussing his feelings with the older, experienced tom. "I'm not sleeping well lately. I've barely been able to get the battle at Sunningrocks off my mind since it happened." He didn't feel it was appropriate to bring up Batfang's halfclan family and the looming threat over Stonepaw's head, but at least he might benefit from talking to the wise warrior about the battle.

#ff9999

#33ccff

Back to top Go down
Jay Bird
Former Staff
Former Staff
Jay Bird

Pisces Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Stonepaw's Moonstone Journey   Stonepaw's Moonstone Journey EmptyTue 26 Dec 2017 - 13:06

The tom looked at Stonepaw with concerned eyes. After all, it was the battle. He couldn't blame him. He was neither taking it too well. The deputy sighed, understanding what the apprentice meant with those words. "It was really intense, wasn't it? I... I have been having troubles with that too, you know? I mean... what happened there wasn't good or bad. The battle just needed to happen for the sake of our clan. That's what I've been repeating to myself but it's still hard to forget or let go."

As they approached the rock path that they would use as a bridge, Jaystream glanced at the young cat's eyes with honesty. "I know... you must be thinking if we did the right thing by attacking Thunderclan and keeping the Sunningrocks.. if it was okay to keep hostages like Ivystar ordered us. I cannot give you a straight answer but for me... it's worth it if that means I can protect my clan and family from more dead, starvation and future attacks. I'm sure you want to protect your parents too and sometimes we have to take hard decisions that might be not the best in front of the eyes of other cats but that is necessary for the survival of the ones you love." The warrior smiled wisely and with a kind expression on his face. He touched gently the shoulder of the young cat with his fluffy tail like he was saying that he understood his problems and that he was by his side.

However, that moment ended soon when the two cats reached the river. The deputy pointed the rocks with his head and then jumped on one of them. Wih a flick of his tail, he ordered Stonepaw to follow him. Jaystream continued jumping from stone to stone until he finally reached the other side safely and then he waited for the other tom to come too.

Back to top Go down
Willow

Willow

Virgo Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Stonepaw's Moonstone Journey   Stonepaw's Moonstone Journey EmptyTue 26 Dec 2017 - 21:58

Stonepaw reflected on the deputy's words as he hopped from rock to rock across the river. What he said makes sense. It is tough to come to terms with such violence really being necessary. When Ivystar first told us about ThunderClan trying to take Sunningrocks, I was convinced RiverClan was in the right. But... after actually going through the battle I started to doubt. I have to trust that Ivystar knows what's best for the good of our Clan. When he had caught up to him, Stonepaw purred, "Thanks for listening. What you say is right."

#ff9999

#33ccff

Back to top Go down
Jay Bird
Former Staff
Former Staff
Jay Bird

Pisces Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Stonepaw's Moonstone Journey   Stonepaw's Moonstone Journey EmptyWed 27 Dec 2017 - 15:15

The tom nodded with a kind smile. There's nothing to thank me. I'm just happy that you're better."He was glad that at least he could clear up his mind with his words. Jaystream that he wasn't the strongest warrior or the best leader but when someone needed advice he was always going to be there.

The tom continued the trip, walking through he Fourtrees to arrive at the Thunderpath. "Okay, here's the Thunderpath: the road where monsters cross it, killing everything in their way. When I say go, follow me and run. Don't look back or stop because it might be your end. We cannot be careless when we cross this path." The grey-tabby deputy waited in silence, perceiving any move or noise that could announce the arrival of a monster. Finally, he talked again. "Go!" He mewed loudly running at high speed to the other side. The hard path felt uncomfortable beneath his paws but it didn't last long because he soon was in Windclan's territory.

Back to top Go down
Willow

Willow

Virgo Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Stonepaw's Moonstone Journey   Stonepaw's Moonstone Journey EmptyWed 27 Dec 2017 - 16:16

Stonepaw crouched low to the ground as the two toms waited near the Thunderpath for a chance to cross safely. At Jaystream's command, Stonepaw darted out across the cold, dark surface on the deputy's heels. He stood panting when he reached the other side.

#ff9999

#33ccff

Back to top Go down
Jay Bird
Former Staff
Former Staff
Jay Bird

Pisces Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Stonepaw's Moonstone Journey   Stonepaw's Moonstone Journey EmptyWed 27 Dec 2017 - 16:59

Once the apprentice reached his side, the tom continued the trip walking in the moors. The snow was covering everything with a clear white that shone under the moonlight but he still disliked this part of the journey.

After some time walking the two cats reached the entrance of the cave that would guide them to the Moonstone. "We're almost there, Stonepaw. This the Mothermouth and we will use it to enter into the cave of the Moonstone. The tunnels are dark inside so follow my voice and always stay by my side. If you do as I say then we will arrive in no time." Jaystream entered the cave being followed by the young cat. Inside there it was wet but at least it was warmer than outside. With careful steps, the deputy walked through the tunnel until the brightness of their destination appeared at the end of the road.

The Moonstone's cave welcomed him as always with its usual shiny rock that was the bridge between his world and Starclan. "This is the end of the journey for me but not for you, Stonepaw. Go ahead and touch the Moonstone closing your eyes. You'll fall asleep and then Starclan will welcome you so I hope you're ready. I'll be waiting." The warrior laid down near to the stone and he watched the young cat who was about to talk to their ancestors.

Back to top Go down
Willow

Willow

Virgo Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Stonepaw's Moonstone Journey   Stonepaw's Moonstone Journey EmptyThu 28 Dec 2017 - 21:04

Stonepaw cast one last glance at Jaystream before approaching the Moonstone one cautious pawstep at a time. His ears were flattened against his head, tail tucked underneath his belly. The apprentice took in a shaky breath in an effort to steady himself as he came nose-to-rock with the ancient Moonstone. The cave's hard floor was cold to the touch on his belly and the Moonstone was even colder to his wet, sensitive nose. A shiver, half from the cold and half from a powerful sense of awe, traveled down the young tom's spine. He closed his eyes, drifting into sleep at last.

#ff9999

#33ccff

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Stonepaw's Moonstone Journey   Stonepaw's Moonstone Journey EmptyTue 2 Jan 2018 - 7:59

From the distance, a voice seemed to echo from the darkness.

"Wake up, sleepypaw."
It was a warm rumbling meow, one that seemed so familiar and comforting as Stonepaw would have heard it telling stories from the elder's den during his kithood like so many others did in RiverClan. He hadn't served for too long in the elder's den, illness taking him in the end, but he'd certainly been involved in the short time he rested. "We don't have forever you know."
Back to top Go down
Willow

Willow

Virgo Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Stonepaw's Moonstone Journey   Stonepaw's Moonstone Journey EmptyThu 4 Jan 2018 - 15:17

"Frogjaw!" Stonepaw meowed in surprise, scrambling to his paws. "I-it's good to see you again."

#ff9999

#33ccff

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Stonepaw's Moonstone Journey   Stonepaw's Moonstone Journey EmptyFri 19 Jan 2018 - 1:46

"Finally, an apprentice that remembers me." Frogjaw joked, the grey tabby looking rather pleased at Stonepaw's prompt reply despite not being too serious. He brushed up fondly against tom, inhaling the apprentice's warm scent. The living always felt so different to the dead. "It's good to see you too, Stonepaw. You look well, physically at least. I sense that these past few moons have been a turmoil for you though. Anything I can do to unburden you, Stonepaw?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stonepaw's Moonstone Journey   Stonepaw's Moonstone Journey Empty

Back to top Go down

Stonepaw's Moonstone Journey
Page 1 of 1