Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place during the time before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! The latest announcements are below.
This month's activity is over, please check that your cats are on allegiances and everything is correct ;)
Leafbare is here, the icy winds cut across the five territories. Who will live? Who will die? Who will remain to tell your story?
If it's the full moon and the Gathering hasn't been made yet, please tell a Staff member. Thank you!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Share | 

Blending with the colours of the winds [Closed]

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Pikachu
How chu like me now?
How chu like me now?

Characters : [I] Ivyfall RC [D] Dewtuft WC [M] Minnowpaw RC [O] Otterleap RC [V] Violetshine SC
Male
Sagittarius Pig
Number of posts : 4575
Clan/Rank : Humble Organic Pikachu Farmer

PostSubject: Blending with the colours of the winds [Closed]   Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:45 pm

Ivystar waited at the edge of the Broken Pools, her green eyes shut for once as she breathed in the cold air, puffing out wisps of white with each exhale. There was peace here, something that was difficult for a leader to get these days with everyone needing her guidance or permission. She didn't regret her decision all those moons ago to be deputy, but even she needed little time outs like this. Time to enjoy the rich territories they lived in before the wonder of the lightly sprinkling snow would turn of fear of starvation.

As for why she was here, she was here to teach her apprentices. Ravenpaw and Duckpaw needed a few lessons in hunting, Yarrowpaw had already learnt and didn't need it. He'd been assigned to elder's dens duties, Frogjaw had been complaining that the moss wasn't being taken out enough. She was a little early so she wasn't expecting them soon, so she just enjoyed the quiet for now.

Local Salt Peddler ϟϟ Site Administrator ϟϟ RiverClan Leader          
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://nochudown.deviantart.com/
Harlem

Characters : ❖ duckpaw ❖ Δ newtkit Δ
Female
Cancer Dragon
Number of posts : 133

PostSubject: Re: Blending with the colours of the winds [Closed]   Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:11 pm

Duckpaw knew that the whole point of being an apprentice was training and learning. She was excited for it all, too. She didn't want to be the greatest cat in the Clan, but that didn't mean that she wanted to be weak and pathetic either. She just wanted to do the best she could. It had taken a few heartbeats for Duckpaw to blink the sleep out of her eyes and shake the drowsiness out of her body, but now she was bright-eyed and ready to do things, but she didn't express her excitement through words. She had never been to the Broken Pools before, so she was ready for the new experience. She had padded through the territory quickly, as she didn't want to keep her mentor waiting. Duckpaw didn't want to see Ivystar as any different from another mentor that she might've been paired with. She just wanted to see Ivystar as a mentor, but it was a bit difficult to do so considering that she was the leader of RiverClan.

The cold breeze of Leafbare blew through her fur and she welcomed it. She had never experienced true warm weather before since she was born towards the end of Leaffall, so the cold was what she was pretty much used to. When she finally found the Broken Pools, she paused for a moment to take in the sight of it, gasping slightly, considering that she was impressed at the smallest of things. After getting over it, she padded up to her mentor, her gaze calm. Duckpaw dipped her head slightly with respect and as a sign of greeting.
"Hi, Ivystar," The apprentice began, "I think Ravenpaw will be here in a bit. We'll start then, right?"
The apprentice then cringed, realizing that she had let some of her excitement and eagerness spill out in her final sentence, and she tried to erase the attitude that she had had before by replacing it with a calm expression that gave away nothing.

View user profile Online
Ruskavelle

Characters : [V]ioletpaw, [T]ansypaw, [R]avenpaw, [P]oppykit, [H]azelkit
Female
Virgo Goat
Number of posts : 98
Clan/Rank : [V] ThunderClan apprentice [T] ShadowClan apprentice [R] RiverClan apprentice [P] WindClan kit [H] ThunderClan kit

PostSubject: Re: Blending with the colours of the winds [Closed]   Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:45 am

Ravenpaw's eyes snapped open, already bright with excitement. She was going to start training again today! She had been eager to learn more ever since Stormheart had died. She got to her paws and shook moss from her pelt, giving her sleek fur a quick lick. She noted that Duckpaw's nest was empty, so she hurried out of the apprentice den. The crisp leaf-bare air ruffled her fur, sending a shiver down her spine as she trotted out of camp. She set off at a brisk pace towards the Broken Pools, thoughts whirling through her head. She was glad to have Ivystar as a mentor. Ivystar had been so kind to her, especially since she had no parents in RiverClan. She wasn't yet sure what to think of Duckpaw, since they hadn't had much of a chance to get to know each other, but she seemed nice enough.

As she neared the Broken Pools, she began running, hoping she wasn't late. She dashed up to her mentor and Duckpaw, flicking her tail in greeting and nodding respectfully to Ivystar. "Sorry, I didn't mean to wake up this late!" she apologized. "I hope I haven't held anything up!"

OOC: Sorry this took so long Mouth Shut I am in a European time zone so when most people are active I am asleep or at school. I should be able to post every day though :)

Violetpaw|ThunderClan Apprentice|cc66cc|20/80
Tansypaw|ShadowClan Apprentice|663399|20/80
Ravenpaw|RiverClan Apprentice|0000cc|20/80
Poppykit|WindClan Kit|cc0066|5/15
Hazelkit|ThunderClan Kit|339966|5/15

PitaPata Cat tickers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pikachu
How chu like me now?
How chu like me now?

Characters : [I] Ivyfall RC [D] Dewtuft WC [M] Minnowpaw RC [O] Otterleap RC [V] Violetshine SC
Male
Sagittarius Pig
Number of posts : 4575
Clan/Rank : Humble Organic Pikachu Farmer

PostSubject: Re: Blending with the colours of the winds [Closed]   Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:35 am

"Morning, Duckpaw." Ivystar dipped her head back in greeting. She was poised, but her whiskers twitched in amusement at the eagerness of the newly named apprentice. Duckpaw's youth showed, despite her best attempts to hide in behind a calm facade. She didn't begrudge her for being eager, it was a blessing to be so full of the vigour of youth. Ivystar was certain that despite wanting to keep her clan well fed and healthy, she couldn't physically rustle up that much enthusiasm for fishing. "Yes, but we must be patient. Prey won't disappear if we wait, if anything, they're more likely to rouse once the sun rises higher."

Her ears twitched, picking up the sound of rustling drawing closer through the reeds. She frown, not bothered by Ravenpaw's tardiness, rather her noisy entry. "Hush. Are you trying to scare away everything from the river to the gorge?"

Though her words were harsh, her tone was more exasperated than mad. The doves in the distance seemed to have not noticed, but she was all for being overcautious. Leafbare was upon them, and losing a single piece of prey wasn't something they could risk. "Ravenpaw, have you ever hunted a bird before?"

Local Salt Peddler ϟϟ Site Administrator ϟϟ RiverClan Leader          
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://nochudown.deviantart.com/
Ruskavelle

Characters : [V]ioletpaw, [T]ansypaw, [R]avenpaw, [P]oppykit, [H]azelkit
Female
Virgo Goat
Number of posts : 98
Clan/Rank : [V] ThunderClan apprentice [T] ShadowClan apprentice [R] RiverClan apprentice [P] WindClan kit [H] ThunderClan kit

PostSubject: Re: Blending with the colours of the winds [Closed]   Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:20 am

Ravenpaw ducked her head, embarrased. "Sorry, Ivystar," she responded quickly, in a lower voice. She couldn't believe she had been so careless, especially in front of her Clan leader. Why hadn't she slowed down and come in quietly? I'll just have to do really well when I'm hunting, she thought.
When Ivystar asked if she had ever hunted a bird before, she felt heat rising to her face. "Hunted, yes, caught, no. And it's been awhile since I've hunted anything." It was an embarassing fact, but Ravenpaw really hadn't had much practice with hunting and consequentially wasn't very good at it.

Violetpaw|ThunderClan Apprentice|cc66cc|20/80
Tansypaw|ShadowClan Apprentice|663399|20/80
Ravenpaw|RiverClan Apprentice|0000cc|20/80
Poppykit|WindClan Kit|cc0066|5/15
Hazelkit|ThunderClan Kit|339966|5/15

PitaPata Cat tickers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Harlem

Characters : ❖ duckpaw ❖ Δ newtkit Δ
Female
Cancer Dragon
Number of posts : 133

PostSubject: Re: Blending with the colours of the winds [Closed]   Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:23 am

Duckpaw nodded slowly in response to Ivystar's words about the prey being more likely to awaken once the sun rose even higher. She tried to make a mental note of it to remember later on, maybe just to impress herself, or maybe to impress somebody else. The RiverClan apprentice flattened her ears against her head once the RiverClan leader scolded Ravenpaw for being so loud. She shot Ravenpaw a brief sympathetic glance, not knowing what else to do in the situation. The young she-cat remained quiet once Ivystar questioned Ravenpaw, and she wrapped her brown tail around her paws, listening intently for anything she could pick up that would be useful to use for when she hunted.

View user profile Online
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Blending with the colours of the winds [Closed]   

Back to top Go down

Blending with the colours of the winds [Closed]
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warrior Clan Cats :: Areas of the Forest :: Broken Pools-
Jump to: