Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

The Duties Of a Warrior

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Jay Bird
Former Staff
Former Staff
Jay Bird

Characters : [F] Fernpaw ; [O] Oakpaw
Clan/Rank : [F] Windclan ; [O] Riverclan
Pisces Dragon
Number of posts : 4009

The Duties Of a Warrior Empty
PostSubject: The Duties Of a Warrior   The Duties Of a Warrior EmptyMon 13 Nov 2017 - 2:18

Foxhunter padded out of the warrior den with the arrival of sunlight. The view of the camp being covered by the yellow light welcomed him and for a second... this place really felt like a new home. He could stay around all day, enjoying his new rank but there were things he needed to do: training an apprentice and leading a patrol.

He walked to the apprentice den and stood up in the front of the entrance. "Buzzardpaw! We're going on a patrol today. The rest of you! If you're interested, please join us at the entrance of the camp. We will be waiting." Being said that, the spotted padded away and sat down waiting for more apprentices.

Oaksoul of Riverclan ↠↠ Tier 2 Warrior ↠↠ #3333cc
Ferntwist of Windclan ↠↠ Tier 1 Warrior ↠↠ #0099cc
The Duties Of a Warrior Signat14

Last edited by Jay Bird on Sun 26 Nov 2017 - 8:02; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Tiger_Lily

Tiger_Lily

Characters : {V}ixenstep {S}himmerpaw {So}otpaw {B}uzzardpaw {D}ovepaw
Clan/Rank : {V}RiverClan Young Warrior {S}SkyClan Apprentice {So}ShadowClan Apprentice {B}SkyClan Apprentice {D}ThunderClan Apprentice
Aries Rooster
Number of posts : 393

PostSubject: Re: The Duties Of a Warrior   The Duties Of a Warrior EmptyMon 13 Nov 2017 - 11:28

Buzzardpaw's eyes shot open and he jolted to his feet. He dashed to the fresh-kill pile and grabbed a small mouse, then ran back to where Foxhunter was sitting.

Art By Jay Bird
Vixenstep (RiverClan Young Warrior)
[Shimmerpaw (SkyClan apprentice)
Sootpaw (ShadowClan apprentice)
Buzzardpaw (SkyClan apprentice)
Dovepaw (ThunderClan apprentice)
Back to top Go down
Lux

Lux

Characters : Crowkit, Tigerpaw, Cloudpaw
Aries Cat
Number of posts : 582

PostSubject: Re: The Duties Of a Warrior   The Duties Of a Warrior EmptyMon 13 Nov 2017 - 13:16

Pantherpaw opened his eyes a bit surprised by the sudden call of the warrior. Hissing annoyed he stood up to fight with him but when Foxhunter said he was going with his brother, he let the anger go away and he followed his brother toward the newly appointed warrior. Flicking his impatiently, he greeted his brother with a more honest smile and then turned his sight back to the warrior. ”Mind if I come too? I’m Buzzarpaw’s brother.”

Crowkit of Shadowclan:#0066ff
Tigerpaw of Riverclan:#006600
Cloudpaw of Riverclan: #00cc99
Back to top Go down
Jay Bird
Former Staff
Former Staff
Jay Bird

Pisces Dragon

PostSubject: Re: The Duties Of a Warrior   The Duties Of a Warrior EmptyThu 16 Nov 2017 - 12:18

Since it seemed that no one else was going to join them, the former Tribe cat stood up, nodding at Pantherpaw as a response. Foxhunter left the camp with the two apprentices behind him. He wasn't actually a cat good with words so he preferred that the brothers could share a nice conversation with each other instead of talking to him. He liked to admire the peace and quiet of the forest instead of having chats with other cats. Just being there... enjoying the sunlight and the cold leafbare's breeze. It somehow reminded him his days in the mountains but here... all was better than there. This was his home.

OOC: No one else is joining so we'll continue like this.

Back to top Go down
Tiger_Lily

Tiger_Lily

Clan/Rank : {V}RiverClan Young Warrior {S}SkyClan Apprentice {So}ShadowClan Apprentice {B}SkyClan Apprentice {D}ThunderClan Apprentice
Aries Rooster

PostSubject: Re: The Duties Of a Warrior   The Duties Of a Warrior EmptyThu 23 Nov 2017 - 0:00

Ooc: So sorry for forgetting this Cry

Ic: Buzzardpaw hopped alongside his mentor and his brother, and turned his head to the latter. "So Pantherpaw, how's your training going?" he asked brightly, looking forward to the hunting part of this patrol.

Art By Jay Bird
Back to top Go down
Icee
Former Staff
Former Staff
Icee

Characters : Magpiepaw, Greenpaw, Mosskit
Clan/Rank : [MP] SC Apprentice || [GP] TC Apprentice || [MK] WindClan Kit
Aries Tiger
Number of posts : 2708

PostSubject: Re: The Duties Of a Warrior   The Duties Of a Warrior EmptyFri 24 Nov 2017 - 19:39

oocs; slides this in here

ic; The newly named Dawnpaw ran towards the patrol, her breath puffing out in clouds of smoke as she huffed her way to the three toms. The two unfamiliar toms seemed to be rather close, and as she approached she heard the worth 'brother' pass through one of their lips. The she-cat gulped. I-It was strange, trying to integrate herself into SkyClan. She was still a stranger to them, despite her new status as an apprentice of her ancestor's clan.

But a comfortable face was there leading the patrol. Foxhunter was her Tribemate. She was raised knowing who the tom was, back when they were Fox the Hunts in the Night, and Cloud that Breaks the Dawn. A small sigh of relief escaped her mouth. Perhaps he could help her keep calm as she tried to learn about her new life. "Is it too late to join you? I was told to join patrols to learn my new duties," the calico meowed, looking towards the three for approval.

The Duties Of a Warrior N05yAsy
magpiepaw ┗━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━┛ greenpaw
PitaPata Cat tickers
Back to top Go down
Lux

Lux

Aries Cat

PostSubject: Re: The Duties Of a Warrior   The Duties Of a Warrior EmptySat 25 Nov 2017 - 13:14

The tortie tom followed the warrior with serious eyes as he looked the tall trees of the territory with a calm expression. Skyclan was a nice place to live... but the peace of this place couldn’t fix his troubled mind. Every day his hate grew wider and stronger until the point that everything was consumed by the anger and the revenge. He bit his tongue, holding that fury. He had to be patient. One day... when he would be a warrior... he would avenge his dead siblings. But for now, he had to worry about other things.
His green eyes looked at his brother and Pantherpaw smiled, sincerely. Buzzardpaw was his closest brother and best friend. He and his other sister were the only ones that could understand his pain... ”For now I’m just going around, helping in the dens and joining the patrols that I can. Hawkstrike is going to take me to a training lesson soon, though. I really hope I can learn new battle moves!” He mewed passionately.
However, his attention was distracted by the voice of a she-cat. She was a former tribe cat, just like Foxhunter. The tom glanced at her with narrowed eyes but with no hostility at all. ”I don’t think is too late. We haven’t even arrived to our hunting spot so I guess is okay. I honestly don’t care too much.” He mewed unemotional before returning his sight to Buzzardpaw.

Back to top Go down
Tiger_Lily

Tiger_Lily

Aries Rooster

PostSubject: Re: The Duties Of a Warrior   The Duties Of a Warrior EmptySat 25 Nov 2017 - 13:28

Buzzardpaw watched Pantherpaw speak, entranced by the ambition in his eyes. He admired his brother's determination. Once his littermate was done talking, Buzzardpaw smiled widely. "Yeah,
battling is bound to be fun! I can't wait!"
then his eyes shifted to a new cat. If he remembered correctly, this was Dawnpaw, a recently apprenticed Tribe cat who he wasn't too familiar with. "Oh come on, Pantherpaw, stop being such a grump!" he turned to Dawnpaw. "Of course you can! I mean, I wouldn't mind. Foxhunter organised this patrol, so I guess he'll decide. I don't see why you wouldn't be allowed join, though. She's allowed come, right, Foxhunter?" He looked at his mentor with pleading eyes.

Art By Jay Bird
Back to top Go down
Jay Bird
Former Staff
Former Staff
Jay Bird

Pisces Dragon

PostSubject: Re: The Duties Of a Warrior   The Duties Of a Warrior EmptySun 26 Nov 2017 - 6:51

The tom barely heard the conversation of the two, too focused on where they should go, until a familiar sounded from behind. He stopped his walking and blinked slightly surprised when his green eyes saw one of his former tribemates and now... a clanmate. Foxhunter knew that, just like him, Cloud that Break the Dawn changed her name and her loyalties, becoming a Skyclan apprentices called Dawnpaw.

The warrior nodded at his apprentice's words and then looked at the other she-cat. "Of course you can come along. I can help you too to learn the ways of the clan, Cloud that... I mean, Dawnpaw. Come with us." With that being said, the tom started to lead the patrol again, this time, more concerned about the interaction between the apprentices. Dawnpaw must felt like him in the past... a foreigner stepping into the other's lives. But after all his training and the time he spent with Cloverleaf, Duskflower and Rippedsky... he felt home. Foxhunter wanted Dawnpaw to feel the same in the future.

After a while, the warrior finally decided to stop and start the hunting. He turned his sight back to the apprentices. They were all quite new at this... all of them were just newly named apprentices so the best he could do was to show them how to hunt. After all, that was his best skill. "Here is where we're going to hunt. Although most of you aren't my apprentices, is my duty as a warrior to teach you how to hunt properly for the good of the clan. Look at me." The warrior smelled the air until his sensitive nose caught the scent of a squirrel. He walked slowly, after doing a sign to the other apprentices to stay quiet, and crouched a bit when he saw the leave's movement of a bush. Without making a sound with his breathing or his steps, the tom leapt forward inside the bush and, only using his nose and ears to localize the animal, he caught it with his claws. Once he was sure that the squirrel was completely immobilized, the warrior bit its scruff, killing it quickly.

Foxhunter returned with the prey hanging from his jaws and then he left on the ground, in front of the apprentices. "Silence is the main strategy for hunting. You must prevent the moves of your prey and keep your eyes focused on the animal you want to catch. When you're crouching, ready to jump, keep your tail away from the ground because it can make unnecessary noise that would scare your prey, do you understand?" He then looked directly at his apprentice, with serious cold eyes. "Buzzardpaw. Show me what you learned."

Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Characters : Mistpelt
Clan/Rank : RiverClanWarrior
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 15014

PostSubject: Re: The Duties Of a Warrior   The Duties Of a Warrior EmptySun 26 Nov 2017 - 6:51

The member 'Jay Bird' has done the following action : Dices roll

'Hunting Dice' : 4

The Duties Of a Warrior Mistpe10
The Duties Of a Warrior Sig2
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=xxxmuffinheadxxx
Tiger_Lily

Tiger_Lily

Aries Rooster

PostSubject: Re: The Duties Of a Warrior   The Duties Of a Warrior EmptySun 26 Nov 2017 - 7:16

Buzzardpaw watched his mentor dive into the bush, emerging seconds later with a limp squirrel. He listened to what Foxhunter had to say and nodded eagerly. He crouched and stood stock still, waiting for prey. His ears flicked towards a fluttering noise to his left. Holding his furry ginger tail above ground, Buzzardpaw stalked towards the noise, which was coming from behind a nearby bush. Upon creeping past the bush, the dark brown tom saw a pigeon, fluffed up on the snowy ground. He uncoiled his legs, leaping straight onto the bird and biting down hard on its neck. He heard a snap and the bird went limp. He brought the prey proudly back to his mentor.

Art By Jay Bird
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Pisces Dog

PostSubject: Re: The Duties Of a Warrior   The Duties Of a Warrior EmptySun 26 Nov 2017 - 7:16

The member 'Tiger_Lily' has done the following action : Dices roll

'Hunting Dice' : 3

Back to top Go down
Lux

Lux

Aries Cat

PostSubject: Re: The Duties Of a Warrior   The Duties Of a Warrior EmptyTue 28 Nov 2017 - 13:56

”Pff... whatever.” He mewed indiferent while he looked away from the other two apprentices.
The tom followed Foxhunter and saw carefully each of his moves as he hunted. He was really an experienced hunter... there was no doubt that in the past he was named a “prey-hunter”. He waited for his brother to finish his first attempt and smiled gladly to see that he did it great. ”That was awesome, Buzzardpaw! Now is my turn!” He said passionately before finding the smell of a squirrel. The young apprentice trotted toward it and then crouched down when his eyes saw that bushy tail behind a rock. He walked a few more steps and then jumped with his jaws open. The animal didn’t have time to escape and the tom bit its scruff hard until it stopped moving. Pantherpaw returned with a proud smile and he left the prey to his brother’s.

Last edited by Lux on Tue 28 Nov 2017 - 13:57; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Pisces Dog

PostSubject: Re: The Duties Of a Warrior   The Duties Of a Warrior EmptyTue 28 Nov 2017 - 13:56

The member 'Lux' has done the following action : Dices roll

'Hunting Dice' : 6

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Duties Of a Warrior   The Duties Of a Warrior Empty

Back to top Go down

The Duties Of a Warrior
Page 1 of 1