Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Toadpaw's Moonstone Journey

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Dingorok

Dingorok

Characters : [T]oadleap | [A]shpaw | [S]toatpaw | [C]obwebkit | [P]umakit
Clan/Rank : [T]TC-young warrior | [A]RC-apprentice | [S]ShC-apprentice | [C]Loner-kit
Number of posts : 376

Toadpaw's Moonstone Journey - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toadpaw's Moonstone Journey   Toadpaw's Moonstone Journey - Page 2 EmptyMon 18 Dec 2017 - 8:00

As the moon's light filled the crystal with radiance, Toadpaw's eyes glittered with awe, and his mouth dropped slightly open. Impressed, he meowed, "Woah, you were right."

When Leopardclaw spoke again, the apprentice turned towards him and closed his mouth as he listened. Toadpaw nodded and meowed with a smile, "Here goes nothing. Thanks for the amazing journey up until now."

When the deputy left him next to the stone, Toadpaw hopped closer to the stone and lay down on his belly with his head propped up on his front paws. Turning his gaze towards the now iridescent crystal, the swirled tabby touched his nose to the cool surface and closed his eyes. I hope whoever I meet is as amazing as Leopardclaw, or Birdflight. After some time of silence and deep breathing, he drifted off into a deep slumber.

CLICK HERE- Romance/fighting plot looking for toms of any clans!

Toadpaw's Moonstone Journey - Page 2 Y7g3q6fuToadpaw's Moonstone Journey - Page 2 Russian-blue-catToadpaw's Moonstone Journey - Page 2 Shutterstock_138013388-300x300Toadpaw's Moonstone Journey - Page 2 Grey-Ragamuffin-Kitten-Sitting-Garden

Toadleap's IC: #6600ff | Ashpaw's IC: #00cc66 | Stoatpaw's IC: #cc0000 | Cobwebkit's IC: #ffcc00
Back to top Go down
Ash
Former Staff
Former Staff
Ash

Characters : Living: Perchstar [P], Bubblebeam [B], Dovetail [D], Hedgepaw [H], Larchpaw [L]. Deceased/Missing: Tansyfoot, Turtlepelt, Morning, Longwhisker, Ryestep, Poolmist, Nettletail, Halfmoon, Freckleface, Lionfur, Shimmerheart, Breezewhisker, Honeydrop, Ashstar, Snowpaw, Brushgaze (NPC), Shellwater, Snowblossom, Quailfeather, Gingerstripe, Carat, Redwing, Graybriar, Pricklebush, Appledapple, Flutterpetal, Felix.
Clan/Rank : [P]: RiverClan Leader. [B]: SkyClan T3 Warrior. [D]: RiverClan T3 Warrior. [H]: ShadowClan Apprentice. [L]: WindClan Apprentice.
Cancer Snake
Number of posts : 6698

PostSubject: Re: Toadpaw's Moonstone Journey   Toadpaw's Moonstone Journey - Page 2 EmptyMon 18 Dec 2017 - 11:14

One of the bright stars that lay in the sky above where Foxpaw sat seemed to glow a little stronger than its companions. In the blink of an eye, the star appeared to shoot down from the dark curtain of sky and hurtle down towards the ground below. Where it fell, a bright flash of light illuminated the silvery grass for a moment, and then the shape of a cat blossomed upwards. The tom's form was short and stocky, with thick, light brown fur and a long, fluffy tail. His golden eyes were calm and intelligent, with a spark of light in them, and he seemed wise despite how young he looked. The only thing that made him look truly different was the glowing stars that shone in his fur. "Hey there, Toadpaw. My name's Ryestep. I've been chosen to speak to you- but I'm sure you can already tell that, can't you? You're a smart enough tom. It's nice to actually see you face-to-face!" The StarClan tom smiled, making his face look a little kinder. "But I'm rambling on again. I've been watching you, Toadpaw, and you're doing well in your apprentice duties. As a matter of fact, you might be ready to be a warrior soon! But, well, apprentices are sent to the Moonstone for a reason. No one is perfect, but that's why we have advice, right?" The once-ThunderClan warrior walked a little closer to the apprentice before sitting down. "The thing about advice is that you have to listen. Are you willing to listen, Toadpaw? Because if you're not, I can just turn around right now and save us both the trouble. Believe it or not, some apprentices who come to the Moonstone don't take the chance to make their life better- and they're never better off for it."

⸙ Larchpaw ⸙ ~ ☆ Perchstar ☆ ~ ♡ Hedgepaw ♡ ~ ◈ Dovetail ◈ ~ ○ Bubblebeam ○
⸙ WindClan ⸙ ~ ☆ RiverClan ☆ ~ ♡ ShadowClan ♡ ~ ◈ RiverClan ◈ ~ ○ SkyClan ○
⸙ Apprentice ⸙ ~ ☆ Tier 5 Leader ☆ ~ ♡ Apprentice ♡ ~ ◈ Tier 3 Warrior ◈ ~ ○ Tier 3 Warrior ○

~~PM me here or on Discord if you want a topic with any of my cats!~~
~Wonderful Signature by Xaandiir!~
Back to top Go down
Dingorok

Dingorok

Clan/Rank : [T]TC-young warrior | [A]RC-apprentice | [S]ShC-apprentice | [C]Loner-kit

PostSubject: Re: Toadpaw's Moonstone Journey   Toadpaw's Moonstone Journey - Page 2 EmptyMon 18 Dec 2017 - 19:31

Toadpaw was impressed by the fact that he was aware that he was dreaming, and even more than that, the fact that a glowing tom had materialized before his eyes. He was so mesmerized by these realizations that he almost didn't listen, an irony considering Ryestep's words. Blinking, he repeated, "Ready to listen?," before shaking off his wonder and replying more confidently with an eager look on his face, "You bet I'm ready to listen! This is incredible!" His ringed tail lashed with excitement.

OOC: Thank you so much for posting! I'm really grateful. Big Grin

Toadpaw's Moonstone Journey - Page 2 Y7g3q6fuToadpaw's Moonstone Journey - Page 2 Russian-blue-catToadpaw's Moonstone Journey - Page 2 Shutterstock_138013388-300x300Toadpaw's Moonstone Journey - Page 2 Grey-Ragamuffin-Kitten-Sitting-Garden

Toadleap's IC: #6600ff | Ashpaw's IC: #00cc66 | Stoatpaw's IC: #cc0000 | Cobwebkit's IC: #ffcc00
Back to top Go down
Ash
Former Staff
Former Staff
Ash

Characters : Living: Perchstar [P], Bubblebeam [B], Dovetail [D], Hedgepaw [H], Larchpaw [L]. Deceased/Missing: Tansyfoot, Turtlepelt, Morning, Longwhisker, Ryestep, Poolmist, Nettletail, Halfmoon, Freckleface, Lionfur, Shimmerheart, Breezewhisker, Honeydrop, Ashstar, Snowpaw, Brushgaze (NPC), Shellwater, Snowblossom, Quailfeather, Gingerstripe, Carat, Redwing, Graybriar, Pricklebush, Appledapple, Flutterpetal, Felix.
Clan/Rank : [P]: RiverClan Leader. [B]: SkyClan T3 Warrior. [D]: RiverClan T3 Warrior. [H]: ShadowClan Apprentice. [L]: WindClan Apprentice.
Cancer Snake

PostSubject: Re: Toadpaw's Moonstone Journey   Toadpaw's Moonstone Journey - Page 2 EmptyTue 19 Dec 2017 - 13:36

Ryestep nodded gratefully. "I hope so- I have a lot of advice for you." The tom took a deep breath before beginning, his wise golden eyes full of light, yet serious. "One of the things I've noticed about you is that you like to have fun. And that's not a bad thing! Life can be very fun, and few things bring more happiness than laughing with friends. However, there are times to laugh and then there are times to be serious. For example, ThunderClan will be in some trouble soon... your loyalty to your Clan must be serious, Toadpaw, or you won't get very far as a warrior. And someday, you will be called upon to be a mentor. If you want your apprentices to grow up to be good, loyal ThunderClan warriors, you will need to put in serious effort to train them. That doesn't mean that you can't have fun with them, as well, but try your best to emulate Birdflight and do for your apprentices what she has done for you." The young warrior's words were clear and easy to hear- not very loud, but they still rang in the silent, starlit plains. "Speaking of Birdflight... Someday, Toadpaw, you will find love. However, I need to tell you that once you do find a she-cat you love, who loves you back, make sure that you never let her go. Be there for her, and let her be there for you. I... my mate and I..." Ryestep had to look down at the ground for a second, willing his voice not to betray him. Thoughts of Thinstripe still hit home to him. "I was only with my mate for a few moons before I died. Make sure that you cherish your mate, when you find her, and let her know how much she means to you. All right, Toadpaw?"

⸙ Apprentice ⸙ ~ ☆ Tier 5 Leader ☆ ~ ♡ Apprentice ♡ ~ ◈ Tier 3 Warrior ◈ ~ ○ Tier 3 Warrior ○

Back to top Go down
Dingorok

Dingorok

PostSubject: Re: Toadpaw's Moonstone Journey   Toadpaw's Moonstone Journey - Page 2 EmptyTue 19 Dec 2017 - 15:27

The apprentice began to purr when Ryestep mentioned fun and meowed in an impressed tone, "You sure do know a lot about me!" However, he soon stopped when he realized that Ryestep was really telling him to be serious. Flicking his ear, he halfheartedly agreed, "I guess you do have a point about there being a time to be serious and a time to have fun." With a chuckle, he meowed, "I'll always take fun over serious matters any day, though!"

Toadpaw became more engaged in Ryestep's words as he heard Ryestep mention that his clan would be in danger. He was surprised to hear of the serious omen and pondered out loud, "In trouble? We already have the damage from the fire and low prey due to Leafbare. Can you tell me what kind of trouble ThunderClan will be in? Would it be as serious as Leopardclaw's fight against the rogue Bear?" Thinking over Ryestep's advice, he meowed, "I don't see why I wouldn't be loyal to ThunderClan." Despite his cross-clan heritage, the swirled tabby had happily lived for most of his life in ThunderClan during this mostly peaceful time. Little did he realize that he would soon come to a crossroads regarding this statement.

Upon hearing Ryestep's advice about mentorship and Birdflight, the apprentice took on a soft, adoring expression and nodded. "Birdflight's been the best any mentor could have been to me. She's kind, knowledgeable, and courageous." He laughed before adding, "And she doesn't mind it when I'm reluctant to get up in the morning, either!"

When Ryestep led into the topic of mates via Birdflight, Toadpaw's heart skipped a beat. His eyes widening with surprise, he wondered, Why did that just affect me so much?, before thinking about the fact that Ryestep did know a lot about him. Wondering aloud, he asked the other tom, "Wait... Ryestep... What did you mean by, 'Speaking of Birdflight'? Are you saying that... I might like my own mentor in that way?!" The thought had never consciously occurred to him. Ever since his hunting assessment, his admiration for Birdflight had increased considerably, but he had thought it was mere hero, or in Birdflight's case, heroine, worship. Still, this tom sure knows a lot about me, and even I can tell that this mention of mates must be related in some way...

Continuing to listen to the starry tom, Toadpaw's heart tightened a little in pain for Ryestep when he realized how affected the warrior seemed by his own words. Staring at the tom in a new light, he realized that this really was a cat who had lived a whole, real life, and who had only been maybe some moons older than him when he had died. Even though the young warrior seemed much wiser and much more serious than he himself was, the apprentice felt a sense of empathy for him. Offering words of condolences to the other tom, he meowed, "Oh, StarClan... I'm sorry that you didn't get to spend more time with her."

At Ryestep's question to him, Toadpaw's green-blue eyes took on a determined quality. "I'll definitely take your words to heart. If and when I do get a mate, I'll try to give her the same level of love you would have given to your own mate, had you had longer."

OOC: Sorry for the long post! In terms of continuity, this journey takes place before the Sunningrocks War announcement happens, so Toadpaw wouldn't know about any upcoming war yet.

Back to top Go down
Ash
Former Staff
Former Staff
Ash

Cancer Snake

PostSubject: Re: Toadpaw's Moonstone Journey   Toadpaw's Moonstone Journey - Page 2 EmptyTue 19 Dec 2017 - 17:01

Ryestep chuckled a little bit at the tom's responses. "Of course I know a lot about you, Toadpaw... I'm StarClan, aren't I? I wouldn't presume to give you advice without knowing at least a little about who you are and what you want." He tilted his head, golden eyes twinkling. "Some of your questions I can't answer- or rather, I won't answer. If I told you everything that your life had in store... well, that wouldn't be very fun, now would it? Better leave some things for you to figure out. And I doubt anyone would be very happy with me if I told you your destiny in advance. Just be ready for everything, and make sure that your loyalty to ThunderClan never wavers." He couldn't tell Toadpaw that soon, very soon, they'd be facing RiverClan on the battlefield. As much as he'd love to give his own Clan an edge- and as much as he hated Ivystar for killing him moons and moons ago- there were some boundaries he just couldn't cross. This was the best he could do, and he'd just have to hope that ThunderClan prevailed in the battle, otherwise things might get nasty. Taking his thoughts off of RiverClan's ruthless leader and bringing them back to the young apprentice in front of him, a small smile crossed his face at Toadpaw's condolences. "Thank you, Toadpaw. Some wounds never truly heal. That's why I want you to make sure that you don't mess up the chances you have. Just remember everything I told you, and you'll do fine. You'll be a great warrior! I'll be watching you, and I hope you'll make me proud!" Realising suddenly that his time was up, Ryestep stood up and began to fade. His light brown pelt melted into the background, leaving only the shining stars in his fur behind. "Stay loyal, Toadpaw!" With those words, the StarClan tom was gone, leaving the living apprentice to wake up and go about his life.

Back to top Go down
Dingorok

Dingorok

PostSubject: Re: Toadpaw's Moonstone Journey   Toadpaw's Moonstone Journey - Page 2 EmptyTue 19 Dec 2017 - 18:56

Toadpaw flattened his ears in disappointment at the evasive answers and mewed, "Oh, no fair. I want to know." As Ryestep mentioned how it wouldn't be fun for him to straightforwardly tell him, Toadpaw relaxed again and lifted his ears. Easing into a grin, the laid-back apprentice agreed, "Yeah, I guess you're right; what's the fun in life without any surprise? StarClan should know best, after all."

Echoing Ryestep's words, he meowed, "Just be ready and loyal to ThunderClan. Got it." He had never doubted his loyalty to ThunderClan before, even with his paternal tie to RiverClan, and so he had no inkling of any potential future rifts that could occur. Toadpaw noticed that Ryestep seemed slightly lost in thought at one point, but he attributed that to the emotional nature of their discussion.

When Ryestep looked back at him with a smile, Toadpaw chirped, "No, thank YOU, for speaking to me, Ryestep! Now I see why StarClan is so revered! I'll try to keep your words with me. Even though you seem young, you know so much." Whipping his tail again, he meowed with determination as Ryestep began to disappear, "I never realized how short time was... You made me realize that. I'll try to treasure my time. I hope I can make you proud, too! I'll be the best warrior I can be!" When the starry warrior completely faded away, Toadpaw soon fell into the blackness of the time between sleeping and waking.

After some time, Toadpaw, now in the real world, stirred from his slumber. Blinking open his eyes, he could see Leopardclaw's form in the dark. Realizing that he was awake again, he hopped up and excitedly meowed, "Great StarClan, I had the most amazing dream I've ever had. Can it even really be called a dream? I don't know, but I met this starry warrior named Ryestep, and he gave me so much advice about time, loyalty, Birdflight, mentoring, and future mates."

With a more subdued tone, he added, "He also told me that ThunderClan would be in danger soon... but from what?" He looked at Leopardclaw with an inquiring face.

OOC: Again, I really appreciate your posts; thanks for your help, both Ash and RainyHeart! Happy

A note for RainyHeart- It's best if Leopardclaw doesn't tell Toadpaw what the possible danger is even if he does suspect since Toadpaw reacted with utter shock during the war announcement thread. Thanks!

Back to top Go down
RainyHeart
Former Staff
Former Staff
RainyHeart

Characters : Former: Pansyface ♀, Leopardstar ♂, Finchstream ♀, Ryeheart ♂, Laurelsong ♀, Nightstorm ♂, Fernpetal ♀, Magpiepaw ♂, Chirp ♀, Ashflight ♂, Orchidmask ♀ Basilbloom ♀ | Current: Featherpaw ♀, Tigerkit ♂
Sagittarius Dragon
Number of posts : 3811

PostSubject: Re: Toadpaw's Moonstone Journey   Toadpaw's Moonstone Journey - Page 2 EmptyWed 20 Dec 2017 - 13:43

(occ: I don't think Leo knows about the war yet either, considering this topic was posted before all that started to go down; you're safe ;D)

Laying down so that his belly touched the cold stone floor, Leopardclaw rested his head on his paws and closed his eyes, relaxing - but not sleeping - as he waited for Toadpaw to awaken.  He wondered who the tom would speak to...and as always, the thought that Grasswhisker and Cherrykit were so close, yet still so out of reach pained his heart beyond words.  A downcast look upon his mottled face, the deputy twisted his head away from the stone, loosing himself in his thoughts.

The sound of Toadpaw's excited voice startled him back to reality, the golden warrior jumping a bit in unsuspecting surprise as he stood up to face the apprentice, the fur along his spine prickling a bit.  The joyus expression on the brown tabby tom's face though quickly calmed his nerves, and Leopardclaw lowered himself onto his haunches with a smile to listen to the young cat's news.  For a moment he was a bit sad that none of the cats he knew had visited Toadpaw - if he was being honest he was growing to be quite fond of the apprentice - but he quickly shrugged it off.  StarClan knew best; he probably needed advice that they couldn't give.  "That's great Toadpaw, it's a great gift to receive any part of StarClan's vast wisdom."  Suddenly though, the conversation took a shift; what?  Danger to ThunderClan?  For a moment, the tom's heart began to beat a bit faster than normal, but on the outside his face remained calm and collected.  "They probably just mean how this is going to be a harder leaf-bare than usual, with the fire damage and all.  Don't worry too much Toadpaw...that's mine and Blizzardstar's job."  Despite his light, slightly joking tone, he still couldn't help but feel a bit uneasy; would StarClan really warn them about something they already knew?  Turning back towards the tunnel, Leopardclaw flicked his tail and began to lead the way back out of the cavern.  "Come on, let's head home."

Back to top Go down
Dingorok

Dingorok

PostSubject: Re: Toadpaw's Moonstone Journey   Toadpaw's Moonstone Journey - Page 2 EmptyWed 20 Dec 2017 - 17:04

Toadpaw beamed as Leopardclaw warmly replied to him. The apprentice hadn't noticed Leopardclaw's jump, nor the deputy's mixed emotions, as it was dark, and he himself had just woken up and was caught up in his own thoughts about the StarClan encounter.

Listening to Leopardclaw's thoughts on Ryestep's warning, Toadpaw nodded and meowed, "That's what I thought he meant, too. It's too bad he didn't tell me specifically. I wanted to know! He's right, though- life's not fun without some surprises."

Smirking toothily, the apprentice continued, "Maybe it won't be as bad as he made it out to be, either. Ryestep told me to be ready and loyal to ThunderClan in the face of trouble, but even with the scarcer prey, I still managed to do great on my hunting assessment." He purred at his last comment.

Unaware of any of the deputy's internal doubts, Toadpaw languidly followed the deputy and meowed on his way out of the cavern, "Yeah, I'm ready to go back to camp and eat something! A nice, juicy mouse would be great right about now."

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Toadpaw's Moonstone Journey   Toadpaw's Moonstone Journey - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Toadpaw's Moonstone Journey
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2