Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Ravenpaw and Creampaw's assessment

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
RainyHeart
Former Staff
Former Staff
RainyHeart

Characters : Former: Pansyface ♀, Leopardstar ♂, Finchstream ♀, Ryeheart ♂, Laurelsong ♀, Nightstorm ♂, Fernpetal ♀, Magpiepaw ♂, Chirp ♀, Ashflight ♂, Orchidmask ♀ Basilbloom ♀ | Current: Featherpaw ♀, Tigerkit ♂
Sagittarius Dragon
Number of posts : 3811

Ravenpaw and Creampaw's assessment - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ravenpaw and Creampaw's assessment   Ravenpaw and Creampaw's assessment - Page 2 EmptySat 11 Nov 2017 - 17:58

Though his heart began to pound a little bit quicker, Leopardclaw didn't flinch as Specklefang glowered down at him; he held her green gaze with confidence and certainty.  "I care so much because ThunderClan doesn't need any of it's warriors laid up in the medicine cat's den for longer than need be."  While he understood the heart behind her other claim, he couldn't help but protest for her kit's sake.  "Your sons are almost warriors, you just held their assessments for StarClan's sake!  Don't you trust their skills?  I'm sure that they were fully capable of taking out that thing together without your help."  Leopardclaw was quickly loosing his patience with the younger warrior; either she was just really stubborn, or completely daft.  Still, he understood fully the anxiety of a parent, so when he spoke next his tone was a bit more sympathetic.  "I get it, as parents we want to protect our children and shelter them from anything that could do them harm...but that can't be at the expense of their opportunities."  He hesitated for a moment before asking lowly; "What would have made you more proud today; you killing a raccoon in defense of your kits, or watching them walk into camp bearing the body of the raccoon that they had slain with their own skills?"

Leopardclaw was relieved to hear that none of the young toms were hurt.  He nodded calmly; "That's good, Honey should be able to treat him sufficiently."  A small glow of pride swelled in his chest as he spoke about his beloved oldest daughter; her talent as a medicine cat both amazed and comforted him.  She would take care of ThunderClan well.

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Ravenpaw and Creampaw's assessment   Ravenpaw and Creampaw's assessment - Page 2 EmptySat 11 Nov 2017 - 18:56

She was being rather selfish, wasn't she? But she never intended to rob her kits of opportunities, but she wouldn't be around forever and they'd get them when she passed. "Are you an idiot? I won't see them walking into camp, I'll be behind them. I just don't want to let them go, I don't want them to grow up and not need me anymore. " Specklefang meowed lowly, a pained smile reaching her face as she turned back to Leopardclaw. "I know I'm younger than you but I always feel seasons older. They can get their opportunity when I'm dead until then they'll always be my little boys."
Back to top Go down
RainyHeart
Former Staff
Former Staff
RainyHeart

Characters : Former: Pansyface ♀, Leopardstar ♂, Finchstream ♀, Ryeheart ♂, Laurelsong ♀, Nightstorm ♂, Fernpetal ♀, Magpiepaw ♂, Chirp ♀, Ashflight ♂, Orchidmask ♀ Basilbloom ♀ | Current: Featherpaw ♀, Tigerkit ♂
Sagittarius Dragon
Number of posts : 3811

PostSubject: Re: Ravenpaw and Creampaw's assessment   Ravenpaw and Creampaw's assessment - Page 2 EmptySun 12 Nov 2017 - 18:15

Despite his current frustration, a faint understanding smile became present on Leopardclaw's maw; Spekclefang spoke the deep inner fears and desires of a loving parent, those with which he also related.  Watching his four oldest kits become a medicine cat and warriors in their own turns had not only brought pride to the golden tom, but also his fair share of fear.  Now, his beloved kits would be called upon to protect and defend their clan...with their lives if necessary.  They would be exposed to the cruelty and brutality of battle soon enough, and it was thinking of moments like that that made Leopardclaw wish they were still just tiny helpless kits, suckling at Lichenfang's belly.  Then, he could protect them.  Then, they wouldn't be standing in the face of danger every day of their lives.  That mindset though if acted upon...would only succeed in holding them back from greatness.

In a rare gesture of affection, Leopardclaw gently rested his long tail on Specklefang's shoulder for brief comforting moment.  "I understand, sorting Reedheart, Birdflight, and Orchidfeather into patrols every morning worries me to no end, but we both have to accept that our children aren't kits anymore.  They're adults; someday they'll be rushing into battles alongside us, and  taking mates to have families of their own.  Someday...they're not going to want or appreciate our protection."  Stepping away, Leopardclaw turned his back on the large she-cat and began to pad away back towards the direction of camp, turning his head to speak back over his shoulder, a tinge of bitterness enhancing his already stern voice.  "They'll just have to wait for their opportunity to make a name for themselves after you're dead?  Specklefang, I'm not going to get the opportunity to lead ThunderClan until Blizzardstar either dies or steps down; with that logic you're proposing, does that mean I shouldn't serve my clan until that day comes?"  His hazel eyes flashed intensely for a moment before he continued walking along the beaten path ahead.

He hated speaking of Blizzardstar's possible demise like that...but it was the only example he could think of that could possibly break through to that stubborn warrior.  If he was being honest, the thought of inheriting leadership terrified him.  How could he possibly live up to the countless exceptions that would be laid upon his shoulders with a position like that?  As much as he despised it, a small worm of insecurity left over from his dark apprentice days still squirmed in the back of his mind, reminding him of all the odds stacked against him.  You're not clanborn...you were unwanted and abandoned in the snow...you didn't even have the courage to kill Rockthorn...you didn't have the power to save Cherrykit, Cloudstorm, and all the other cats that monster destroyed...why did Blizzardstar choose you to be her successor anyway?  As he always did though, Leopardclaw just suppressed these thoughts, knowing that they would always be back later to haunt him.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ravenpaw and Creampaw's assessment   Ravenpaw and Creampaw's assessment - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Ravenpaw and Creampaw's assessment
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2