Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Elmpaw's Moonstone Moonstone Moonstone Moonstone Moonstone Trip

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Ripped
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Ripped

Characters : Auburnflare; Littlesplash; Heatherfrost; Crabpaw | Copper was here <3 Rom 2 c:
Clan/Rank : Tier 2 Warrior - Thunderclan [A]; Tier 2 Medicine Cat - Riverclan [L]; Apprentice - Windclan [H]; Apprentice - Shadowclan [C]
Cancer Buffalo
Number of posts : 6668

Elmpaw's Moonstone Moonstone Moonstone Moonstone Moonstone Trip Empty
PostSubject: Elmpaw's Moonstone Moonstone Moonstone Moonstone Moonstone Trip   Elmpaw's Moonstone Moonstone Moonstone Moonstone Moonstone Trip EmptyThu Nov 09, 2017 9:11 am

Rippedsky gulped down the herbs from the medicine cats without so much as a grimace. He still hated the taste, but the deputy had grown accustom to the bitter flavors after so many journeys to the moonstone. The deputy sat down near the camp entrance as he waited for his slothful apprentice to join him. It was finally time for Elmpaw to go speak with the warrior ancestors. There was hope for the young tom, maybe Starclan would pass on some wisdom to him. As much as he had tried, Rippedsky wasn't able to connect with his apprentice. This was the only one he'd had trouble with so far. Their training had been much better than it had been on the first day when Elmpaw tried to thrown himself from a tree, but there was still a lot of distance between the two.

"What am I going to do?" The black and white warrior sighed to himself. A quick, rough cough left his maw. The sickness that had blossomed in his chest didn't seem to be getting much worse, but it had lingered. He constantly felt exhausted and his throat and chest were consistently on fire. Oceanlight had added honey and other things to his herbs. That had helped with their taste and would hopefully help him to keep strength during the journey. Settling down with his tail over his paws and slightly hunched shoulders, Rippedsky waited.

Elmpaw's Moonstone Moonstone Moonstone Moonstone Moonstone Trip Img_0310

⌘ Auburnflare // Tier 2 Warrior // Thunderclan // SteelBlue ⌘
✿ Littlesplash // Tier 2 Medicine Cat // Riverclan // MediumAquamarine ✿
⁂ Heatherfrost // Tier 1 Warrior // Windclan // MediumOrchid ⁂
✲ Crabpaw // Apprentice // Shadowclan // FireBrick ✲

☆☆☆ Ask me about my past characters for lore, or Moonstone Journeys. ☆☆☆

Back to top Go down
Seer
Former Staff
Former Staff
Seer

Characters : Kestrelpaw ♀ | Jaypaw ♂ | Hawkpaw ♂
Clan/Rank : ThunderClan Apprentice | RiverClan Apprentice | SkyClan Apprentice
Libra Cat
Number of posts : 3263

Elmpaw's Moonstone Moonstone Moonstone Moonstone Moonstone Trip Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elmpaw's Moonstone Moonstone Moonstone Moonstone Moonstone Trip   Elmpaw's Moonstone Moonstone Moonstone Moonstone Moonstone Trip EmptyWed Nov 15, 2017 1:53 pm

The late afternoon sky's limited warmth felt pleasant as Elmpaw made his way towards Rippedsky, his usual coy simper evident. Most apprentices would be tripping over themselves in their eagerness to go with Rippedsky on such a monumental journey, but to him all it seemed to be was another long day with the less-than-pleasant tom. Why couldn't some other snotting apprentice take his place? Letting out a short little huff of greeting, Elmpaw's leering gaze settled upon the neat little bundle of herbs settled at the Deputy's paws. Wasn't he supposed to eat those? Of course Rippedsky would be overjoyed at watching him gag on stupid leaves. His tail gave an agitated twitch as his gaze remained trained on the herbs."I'd rather claw my own flank off and serve it up to a starving fox." He grumbled, although he eventually did lean forwards to give them a curious sniff.

The bitter scent that wafted from the dark bundle was neatly masked by the sweet, yummy scent of honey, although it still made Elmpaw's face screw up. He could still recall the foul taste of the herbs that Oceanlight had given him whenever he had fallen from the tree and it made him hesitant to do anything other than sniff at them hesitantly. Just the mere scent of the two starkly contrasting scents made his mouth water in a less than appetizing manner, but the young tom forced himself to stay close to the strengthening herbs as he worked up the nerve to eat them. Inhaling sharply through his nose, Elmpaw quickly scarfed down the herbs as quickly as humanly possible in an attempt to speed up the whole "getting it over" part. Pulling an unattractive face as the bitter taste of the herbs seeped onto his tongue, the apprentice sneezed several times in ill-fated attempt to clear the taste from his mouth

After several moments of awkward sneezing and wincing, Elmpaw frantically swiped his tongue around his maw as he worked to clear the final traces of the herbs from his mouth. They better be worth all of this effort! Sitting back on his haunches, the ruddy brown apprentice gave Rippedsky a look that was a odd cross of loathing, amusement, and anticipation.

"Are we going to leave or shall we sit here and watch you grow more grey fur?"
-

The last dying rays of sunlight were giving way to the dark inky night sky as Elmpaw and Rippedsky finally arrived at the Highstones. It had taken the pair a bit longer than anticipated to make the journey, so now they were practically tripping over their own paws in their hurry. He wondered if he would ever hear the end of this. Thankfully, instead of the sound of heated arguments and irritable snapping, the only sound that could be heard between the two toms was the pounding of paws on the hard, stone-riddled ground and the short, cross sounds of quickened breathing. At least Rippedsky seemed more focused on getting them to the Highstones in one piece than anything else- the silence between them was something he'd never think to appreciate.

"We're here." Rippedsky finally mewed after what seemed like an entire lifetime of running, his pace slowing to a more forgivable jog as they neared some marker that Elmpaw hardly cared to try and recognize. All that he could concentrate on was the massive and formidable purplish outline of the Highstones that loomed so far above them that it seemed to disappear in the rapidly darkening night sky. His father and the Tribe had come from there? How had they ever managed to live there? There seemed to be nothing up there but stone and sky...and more stone and sky. The closer they drew to the base of the Highstones, the more Elmpaw's newfound respect for his birth father and the Tribe grew.

"Don't fall behind- make sure to stay close or else you might get lost." Rippedsky warned as the sparse trees began to thin around them until they only existed countless tail-lengths back. The closer they drew to the Highstones, the more visible a dark, yawning wound in the earth became. The complete and utter darkness radiated from within the Mothermouth raised the fur on Elmpaw's nape, but he merely continued after the Deputy with his chin raised- even as they plunged into the darkness of the tunnel without a single heartbeat to prepare themselves. If the darkness seemed terrible from the outside, it was infinitely worse on the inside. There was not a single trace of light; only the cold, damp walls pressing in around on the SkyClan cats and the rhythmic sound of their mingled breathing. There was a swelling of fear deep within his chest as they continued deeper and deeper into the Mothermouth, but he forced himself to follow Rippedsky as closely as he could. What would Poppysong, Crowstar, and Stoneteller say if they heard he turned tail from something as simple as darkness?

And then suddenly, after what seemed like hours of mindless walking, Elmpaw could smell it. The faintest breath of fresh air was being gently exhaled in his direction, inciting a new vigor in his step. Almost there! He could hear the sounds of Rippedsky's paws speeding up, and his own as well, and then all at once, the tight tunnel sharply opened up around them. A massive cavern unfolded around them, bathed in massive shadows thrown by the various rock formations that spilled into the sacred cave, while the imposing figure of the Moonstone lay nestled in the center as if it was guarded by the teeth-like rocks. The Moonstone was glinting softly in the weak light that streamed down from the jagged opening in the ceiling above them- they had managed to arrive just in time.

"Come closer." Rippedsky urged, using his tail to beckon the apprentice forwards. Uncertainly following Rippedsky's instructions, Elmpaw tentatively took several steps forwards until he was closer to the Deputy who seemed to be waiting for something. Ear twitching in confusion, the apprentice sat down on his haunches beside the Deputy and found himself waiting for...something as well. Craning his neck back so that he could watch the gaping hole in the ceiling as well, Elmpaw found his eyes straining slightly as he gazed up at the weak light source. The moon was slowly rising higher and higher in the dark sky until finally it reached the top of the cave's ceiling, flooding the space with its soft, silvery light. The entire cavern was instantly lit up in a dazzling light that erased nearly all the shadows that had previously made their home in the cozy little cave and the Moonstone itself twinkled and glittered as if it had swallowed every star in Silverpelt.

"Elmpaw, you are now able to speak with our Warrior ancestors so come forward and press your nose to the stone. Remember that I will not join you on this part of our journey, but do not be afraid- trust in our ancestors and take heed in their words. I wish you good luck." Rippedsky finally mewed, giving Elmpaw a rough nudge forwards towards the glittering stone. His limbs felt like stone as he forced himself to pad towards the awe-inspiring Moonstone and then, in turn, crouch down and press his tone to the cold stone. Inhaling softly and forcing his eyes to shut, he could taste the strange scent of frost and ancient stone as he drifted off to sleep.

-

Jolting awake, Elmpaw was startled to see that the moonlight washed cavern of the Moonstone had instead been replaced with a warm, lush forest similar to SkyClan's territory. Countless star-flecked trees rose so high into the brightly colored sky that the tops of the trees were obscured from view while enticing scents of various prey seemed to rise from every possible direction. His jaw seemed to hang agape as he continued to observe the dream-like territory all around him. Was this...StarClan's hunting ground...?

"Ay kit! If you stand there with your mouth hangin' open, you'll catch flies!" A harsh and impatient voice interrupted his starstruck observations.

Whipping around in a frantic circle, Elmpaw nearly collided with the bulky outline of a cat who was only slightly taller than him, although their stout and heavy build kept them from both toppling over. The displeased snarl rang out in the air and he quickly scrambled back several steps in, an apology hanging off of his tongue. In front of him loomed a muscular and heavily scarred ginger-and-white tabby she-cat who was gazing down at him with scathing amber eyes. Although the faint scent of SkyClan clung to her starry fur, he failed to recognize the she-cat who stood before him with a displeased expression.

"Can you do anything other than stare? I thought you were supposed to be some overly confident little brat." The tabby finally growled, giving him another critical look that made Elmpaw's fur bristle slightly. He was sent off onto the sacred journey to meet his Warrior Ancestors and all he got was this rag-tag, boorish elder?! That's not fair! The she-cat only rolled her eyes once more at his flustered silence, but allowed herself to sit down with an annoyed huff- it sounded like she'd rather be any other place.

"Who are you?" Elmpaw finally found his voice and thankfully his defiant words didn't waver under the StarClan Warrior's fierce gaze.

"I'm wounded by Rippedsky's lack of stories about me." The Warrior grumbled in response to his words, but he only found himself leaning forwards curiously. Did this badger of a cat actually know Rippedsky? How recently did she die then? Was she not really an elder? "My name is Addergaze and I was once a Warrior of SkyClan." The newly-named Addergaze finally plaintively mewed, still sounding like she'd rather be anywhere else than where she currently was.

Addergaze? The name didn't ring any bells to Elmpaw and only struck several cords of disappointment within him. Why couldn't he of gotten to meet any interesting cats? Like Breezestar or any of the other former Leaders whom he had grown up hearing stories about? "Don't look so mournful and weepy about meeting me! No other cat even wanted to speak with you!" Addergaze instantly snapped as soon as she caught wind of the disappointed look upon the apprentice's face.

"That's not true!" Elmpaw's ears fell flat against his skull as he protested, feeling his skin heat below his fur, "I'm sure all the greatest cats in StarClan wanted to meet me! I just somehow got stuck with you of all cats!" He knew you were supposed to be respectful towards the dead due to the fact that they had infinite knowledge or some junk, but he couldn't help but snap back at this grumpy pain. Why should he have to respect some dead cat if they couldn't even do the same for him? "I want to speak to a real StarClan cat! One who will tell me about my destiny!" He spitefully added, enjoying the increasing irritation on the dead cat's face.

"You want to know the great, fantastic piece of advice that StarClan is supposed to give you?" Addergaze suddenly spit, fluidly rising to her paws in front of Elmpaw, who seemed to shrink where he stood. The bulky Warrior was bristling slightly as she took a step, but Elmpaw could focus on was how the faint flecks of starlight within her poorly groomed tabby fur seemed to twinkle accordingly with her every movement. "They sent me to tell you to respect your elders!" Addergaze boomed before suddenly lashing out with the soft part of her paw, painfully catching the impatient and annoying apprentice by his cheek and sending him sprawling into the starry grasses. And with a loud gasp, Elmpaw was quickly woken from his vision and found himself back in the cavern of the Moonstone, his cheek stinging from where he had taken the blow.

Elmpaw's Moonstone Moonstone Moonstone Moonstone Moonstone Trip Img_0312
current characters | semi-return from inactivity
Back to top Go down

Elmpaw's Moonstone Moonstone Moonstone Moonstone Moonstone Trip
Page 1 of 1