Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Sageleaf... (Closed Healing Topic)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Sageleaf... (Closed Healing Topic) Empty
PostSubject: Sageleaf... (Closed Healing Topic)   Sageleaf... (Closed Healing Topic) EmptyThu 26 Oct 2017 - 14:43

Specklefang's paws stopped at the entrance to the Windcl- Thunderclan's medicine cats den, her eyes glazed with pain but her beliefs held her back, made her hesitant to enter. Honeypaw was out collecting herbs she knew, she smelled her scent leaving camp just moments before she had entered. The others were fine, she being the only one to get hurt- why was it always her to acquire the more grievous of wounds? Her shoulder wound was still fresh, her flesh-baring bright, raised pink scars that itched frequently. A hot rod-like feeling shot up her spine, making her stumble and clench her teeth.

The large she-cat looked back to look at it with a shudder, blood clotted and drenched her tail fur, though her tail had an awkward look to it. It was funny, to not feel the wound itself but feel it only by the shots of pain up her back the pain seeming to ring in her head. She'd much rather rot than let Sageleaf treat her wounds, but it concerned her greatly, scared her even to see how mangled it looked. Taking a deep breath Specklefang forced herself to pad forwards into the den, her eyes clenching shut with the light difference. Specklefang shuddered, her eyes opening and adjusting to the darkness of the den.

Her gut-clenched with discomfort, whether it was asking for help or her tail she didn't know. Specklefang's mouth flapped for a moment, her voice refusing to come out as she tried to call for Sageleaf. She felt like a kitten again, her joint pains once more reducing her to tears, her body shuddering like she had no fur in Leaf-bare, struggling to talk without bawling. "Sageleaf." Her voice sounded broken, she hated it. In a spare moment of consciousness not blurred by the pain she realized her mother wasn't in, and she felt even worse. Specklefang settled herself off to the side, staring at her paws as she silently struggled with everything, the weight of her and her mother's conversation in the medicine den, at the top of the ravine.
Back to top Go down
Ripped
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Ripped

Characters : Auburnflare; Littlesplash; Heatherfrost; Crabpaw | Copper was here <3 Rom 2 c:
Clan/Rank : Tier 2 Warrior - Thunderclan [A]; Tier 2 Medicine Cat - Riverclan [L]; Apprentice - Windclan [H]; Apprentice - Shadowclan [C]
Cancer Buffalo
Number of posts : 6659

PostSubject: Re: Sageleaf... (Closed Healing Topic)   Sageleaf... (Closed Healing Topic) EmptyThu 26 Oct 2017 - 20:45

It was taken a bit to get adjusted to things. Honeypaw had things sorted much differently than how her den had been set up. In her opinion, it was a little disorganized. But, the grey and white she-cat knew that it would be unreasonable of her to just switch it all around. Instead, she settled for tidying up the piles and re-ordering the barest amounts by their uses. Things were not much different by the time she was done. The medicine cat looked over the herbs, muttering softly to herself all of the things they needed for the coming leaf-bare. She would have to make a note to try and send Honeypaw out for even more things later. The younger cat was thankfully also pretty skilled and seemed to know what she was doing. There were some herbs the forest lacked that they would need later on, but they could worry about trading herbs in the next couple sunsets. Sageleaf let out a soft, exasperated sigh at the thought of everything that had to be done.

For one, they had to prepare to greencough, and possibly even blackcough. Who knew, other than Starclan, what the cold season would bring. Other than that, focusing on hunger would be the next challenge. Herbs could strengthen warriors and keep their hunger at bay even it could not truly feed them all. A large stock would need to be collected. With the blackened forest still on the mend, Sageleaf was worried for Thunderclan. Some of the plants had time to begin to regrow, but if they pulled all the young and tender leaves from their stalks, there was a chance more would not grow when the snow of leaf-bare began to melt away. There was not doubt they would need to speak with their counterparts in other clans before the chill in the air grew colder and more constant. Her tail flickered with worry at the thought. Her new situation was almost forgotten as she got wrapped up in her duties.

A voice caused her head to snap up. In her thinking, the former Windclan cat failed to notice the approaching warrior. She glanced up to see Specklefang and her ears flattened uncomfortably. Sageleaf was still not thrilled to be sharing a camp with the brutish she-cat. Immediately, poison built up behind her tongue, but all that came out at first was an even, "Specklefang." Then, she noticed the blood. Behind the massive warrior was a mangled, mess of a tail. A somewhat shocked hiss broke from her maw. Of course this cat would have gotten herself into some sort of scuffle. She briefly wondered if it was a clanmate again. However, her healing instincts kicked in and her hear softened a little. Whipping around, Sageleaf grabbed for some poppy seeds, marigold, and cobwebs. Even if she despised the cat she believed to be so far outside of the code that she was better off a rogue, Sageleaf could not bring herself to allow a cat to be in pain.

"Eat these." She demanded as she pushed the tiny black seeds towards Specklefang. Next, her tongue worked gently over the matted fur to clean up the wound. Once she deemed it good enough, the medicine cat chewed up the marigold and spat it into still bleeding mess. It looked pretty bad for sure. No cat could have done this much damage to her tail unless Specklefang sat there and allowed them to maul it. Without saying much else, she continued on. Cobwebs were gently pressed over the open area. After quite a bit of effort, the flowed seemed to subside, for now. She was uneasy in the warrior's presence still. Flicking her tail towards a nest, she tried to signal for the warrior to lay down. The medicine cat turned her back to consider what else to do. There had not been a wound this bad in a while. Normally she spoke to the cats she healed, but the last thing she wanted to do was speak to Specklefang right now, so she buried herself in busy work, pretending to be overly focused.

Sageleaf used heal on Specklefang.

???/???
???/???

You're all fixed up and primed to fight fam!

Sageleaf... (Closed Healing Topic) Img_0310

⌘ Auburnflare // Tier 2 Warrior // Thunderclan // SteelBlue ⌘
✿ Littlesplash // Tier 2 Medicine Cat // Riverclan // MediumAquamarine ✿
⁂ Heatherfrost // Tier 1 Warrior // Windclan // MediumOrchid ⁂
✲ Crabpaw // Apprentice // Shadowclan // FireBrick ✲

☆☆☆ Ask me about my past characters for lore, or Moonstone Journeys. ☆☆☆

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Sageleaf... (Closed Healing Topic)   Sageleaf... (Closed Healing Topic) EmptyThu 26 Oct 2017 - 21:14

Specklefang stared blankly at Sageleaf for a moment, hardly registering her words for a couple heartbeats. Specklefang's eyes flicked to the poppy seeds, staring at them some more before she lapped them up and flopped onto her side, her head smacking softly against the dirt, just a couple whiskers length from the moss nest. Specklefang was silent as Sageleaf tended to her tail, only knowing this since she watched... She should be feeling it, shouldn't she? Propping herself up she looked back to the 'new' medicine cat, her maw pressing together to look away.

"Look... I know what you're thinking and I didn't attack any cat... I was rushing to where my son and his friend found fox scent, I found it and attacked it. It got my tail in its nasty little jaws. That's it. I was just protecting my clan-mates." Specklefang didn't admit to the fact that she had suspicions that it was her fault she brought the fox after what she had done to her father. Specklefang fell silent once more, not really knowing what she was expecting with admitting it. But it was done and after all this, she could go her separate way.

But a thought nagged at her, the lack of feeling making her question on her health more as her adrenaline quenched itself and before the poppy seeds took effect. "Why'd I even take poppy seeds anyways? Those are pain numbers and make me tired right? I don't feel anything, I reckon it isn't that bad." Specklefang huffed, her ears flicking back in growing agitation. Sure her spine had those shooting sensations but she was no biologistmedicine cat.
Back to top Go down
Ripped
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Ripped

Characters : Auburnflare; Littlesplash; Heatherfrost; Crabpaw | Copper was here <3 Rom 2 c:
Clan/Rank : Tier 2 Warrior - Thunderclan [A]; Tier 2 Medicine Cat - Riverclan [L]; Apprentice - Windclan [H]; Apprentice - Shadowclan [C]
Cancer Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Sageleaf... (Closed Healing Topic)   Sageleaf... (Closed Healing Topic) EmptyThu 26 Oct 2017 - 22:36

Sageleaf's paws stopped for a moment. Fox? Sadly, she remembered her time with Mottleheart, when he had fought a similar enemy. The she-cat blinked in a bit of surprise. While she had suspected the wound was not from another cat, it was strange to hear of the huge warrior protecting her clanmates instead of maiming them. A soft grunt of surprise escaped her. While busying her paws, the medicine cat contemplated what to say. It was against her trained nature to treat a cat in pain unkindly. But, after their prior encounter, she found it hard to let go of her preconceived notions of the Thunderclan warrior.

"Hmph..." Sageleaf grumbled to herself as she grabbed a few more of the precious leaves. She turned back to Specklefang with narrowed eyes. Even if she was less wary than before, she did not want to show it. Pushing the lavender towards her along with the poppy seeds, the grey and white cat did not tear her gaze away, "I said eat it. I don't remember Starclan calling you to be a medicine cat. We have enough in Thunderclan as is."

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Sageleaf... (Closed Healing Topic)   Sageleaf... (Closed Healing Topic) EmptyThu 26 Oct 2017 - 23:08

Specklefang gave the medicine cat a rather strained smile, her eyes wrinkling with the expression, making it seem like it was the slightest bit genuine apart from the fact it wasn't anywhere close. The large, brutish she-cat absent-mindedly chewed the lavender, her eyes drooping as she stared blankly at the den wall, her whole form relaxed from the herbs though it still held an instinctual tenseness to it not even herbs could shake. "Yeah, whatever." Simply muttered Specklefang, her mouth clacking shut as she let herself just breathe.

Specklefang pushed herself to her paws and circled in her nest, albeit rather unsteadily before slumping to the ground in a messy curl. Her tail making it's way only half-way to her face. Shutting her eyes she tried to get some rest, she needed it.
Back to top Go down
Ripped
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Ripped

Cancer Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Sageleaf... (Closed Healing Topic)   Sageleaf... (Closed Healing Topic) EmptyFri 27 Oct 2017 - 18:01

The huge warrior drifted into sleep and Sageleaf let out a sigh of relief that she did not realize she had been holding. It was peaceful. Specklefang was in a deep, herb-induced sleep. She let her sleep for quite some time. The medicine cat did not dare leave the den as she watched over her patient. There was no sound between the two of them as the sun sunk lower in the sky. Of course, Specklefang had to be awoken eventually. But, she still longed for the quiet. Besides, she still had no desire to speak to Specklefang.

The healer in her won out. Begrudgingly, she stretched out a forepaw to nudge the warrior awake, "Get up, Specklefang. You've been passed out forever. I have to check your tail."

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Sageleaf... (Closed Healing Topic)   Sageleaf... (Closed Healing Topic) EmptySat 28 Oct 2017 - 14:13

"Surely you can check my tail while I'm asleep." Specklefang's voice groggy and scratchy, her face smushed into her paws as her eyes refused to open, like a kit that refused to get up which Specklefang was in that very moment. Specklefang eventually did raise her head, but only for a moment to 'look' at Sageleaf without even opening her eyes. Specklefang grumbled some more and got to her paws to flop over again onto her side, only to face away from Sageleafs new position. Soon enough, Specklefang got comfortable, the suns raise warming her pelt pleasantly for once as she fell back asleep to these favourable conditions. A rumble sounded from Specklefang's throat, if one wasn't listening it'd sound like a grumble, but if they were, it'd be known that she was purring.
Back to top Go down
Ripped
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Ripped

Cancer Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Sageleaf... (Closed Healing Topic)   Sageleaf... (Closed Healing Topic) EmptySun 29 Oct 2017 - 22:42

The medicine cat rolled her eyes. Of course the she-cat would simply roll over and attempt to drift back into a peaceful sleep. She sighed once more and padded over to shake the warrior with two paws, "Great Starclan, I said wake up. I need to check how much damage was done and I cannot do that while you're passed out." A soft hiss escaped her throat. How was she supposed to get any work done if it only feel on deaf ears? She couldn't help a mrrow of laughter as she thought back to the amount of times she had similar thoughts in Windclan. There really were mousebrains in all the territories. Thunderclan was not as different from her birthclan as she had thought. The cats had different names, but in the end they were all the same.

She padded around Specklefang and looked over the injury once more. The bleeding had started up once again, but not too bad. Her tongue ran rhythmically over the area to clear the now drying blood. Once it was clean, Sageleaf noticed there was some aggravation. More herbs would be needed to hold back the infection. This just had to happen before leaf-bare. Her teeth crushed a few more precious marigold leaves before pasting them over the wound. Specklefang's tail wouldn't fall off today. However, there was still the pressing issue of the extent of the damage. A cat's tail was vital to its balance and movement. There was a chance the fox's teeth had done more than just skin damage.

"Let me know if this hurts." The grey and white she-cat prayed silently to the warrior ancestors. It would take all their protection to keep her safe if the large warrior did feel this. Taking in a deep breath, Sageleaf bent to let her needle sharp teeth just barely pierce the skin on the side of the wound closer to the rest of Specklefang's body.

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Sageleaf... (Closed Healing Topic)   Sageleaf... (Closed Healing Topic) EmptyTue 31 Oct 2017 - 14:40

Specklefang ripped her tail away from Sageleaf as she stood, a screech tearing itself from her throat, just about to turn to leap at Sageleaf with claws unsheathed only for her back legs to buckle and sending the large she-cat onto her side. Specklefang's legs kicked out in alarm, her fur puffing out as the dust made the air... dusty. But this didn't stop Specklefang from snarling and spitting, the skin along her back rippling like her nerves was struck by lightning her tail shuddering though not moving correctly. Specklefang's back felt like it was lit by flames, her teeth bared as she glowered at Sageleaf. "What the hell did you do?" Specklefang's voice shuddered and broke, grating deeply as she struggled with the heated pain.

Back to top Go down
Ripped
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Ripped

Cancer Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Sageleaf... (Closed Healing Topic)   Sageleaf... (Closed Healing Topic) EmptyThu 2 Nov 2017 - 13:41

"Sit down." Sageleaf snapped immediately. She wasn't shocked by the reaction, but had not quite expected Specklefang to try and attack her. That fact was not surprising. Her green eyes narrowed and she bared her own teeth. There was no fear as she stood against the massive she-cat once more. The grey and white she-cat had no intent of hurting her, in fact the prick of teeth would leave no lasting damage. There was no more scarlet drops dotting the dusty floor than there had been when Specklefang came in. The medicine cat allowed her features to relax and maintained a neutral face as she spoke, "I was checking the damage to see how bad it is. Clearly you can still feel it there."

Her eyes were trained on Specklefang as she padded around towards her tail once more. The fact there was still sensitivity there was a good sign. There was hope the brute wouldn't lose her whole tail from this instance. But, the damage was still fairly severe. Sageleaf still had to check the rest of it. There was a chance the warrior would try to lash out. Regardless, she was unafraid. If Specklefang hut her, she would have to deal with the consequences, and even if she was not a warrior herself, Sageleaf was not afraid to act in self defense. Right before she crouched down at the other side of the mangled mess of a tail, she gave a warning. Sageleaf's words just barely edged at a growl, "Now, I'm going to check the rest of it. And, I swear to Starclan if you try to attack me once more, you won't have a tail by the time you leave here." All patience melted away as aggravation grew in her belly. This was going to be her toughest patient of all. Starclan help me...

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Sageleaf... (Closed Healing Topic)   Sageleaf... (Closed Healing Topic) EmptyThu 2 Nov 2017 - 14:19

Specklefang clenched her teeth and screwed her eyes shut, likening the pain to kit-birth. Specklefang tried to sort herself, settling to her paws as she shoved her forehead into the den wall, her claws digging into the dirt as she waited for the same searing pain to fire up her back. The anticipation was killing her, once a couple well drawn out moments passed the large she-cat felt tension grow in her chest. "Are you playing a joke with me? If you say you're going to prick my tail, then you should actually do it! Not just tease a cat." Specklefang spat, the pain making her sour, the feeling of grief momentarily forgotten.
Back to top Go down
Ripped
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Ripped

Cancer Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Sageleaf... (Closed Healing Topic)   Sageleaf... (Closed Healing Topic) EmptySun 5 Nov 2017 - 21:18

Her ears pricked as her teeth dug into Specklefang's tail. Don't tease a cat? What? Uh oh... That was not good. Clearly, the huge warrior couldn't feel as the teeth were embedded into her fur. Sageleaf stepped back and let the end of the warrior's tail fall to the earth. There was hope that feeling would return as it healed. However, for a while at least, Specklefang would be at a loss without her normal amounts of balance. They would have to spend a lot of time together. And if it never completely healed, exercises would be necessary to help retrain her body. The grey and white she-cat turned away, her tail flicking as she thought over the logistics of it all. Most of the wounds she had dealt with had been tears or cuts, with the occasional bone break. But a broken tail? Now that was different.

"Hm..." Sageleaf heard herself thinking aloud, "Did you really not feel that?" She rounded on Specklefang, looking up at her. There was a bit of urgency to her voice as she questioned the much larger she-cat. If that were the case, this would be a much bigger problem than what was expected. Yet, it would still heal. The thought of using bindweed on a cat's tail was rather humorous. They would have to find a good stick for her large, semi-fluffy tail. It occurred to the medicine cat that her own fur hadn't been torn off yet. Despite her cranky attitude given the situation, it was better than before. That was strange. Besides that, Sageleaf's mind swirled with thoughts of healing her. Was her duty greater than her disdain for Specklefang? A confused look contorted the she-cat's face as she awaited a response.

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Sageleaf... (Closed Healing Topic)   Sageleaf... (Closed Healing Topic) EmptyMon 6 Nov 2017 - 11:57

As alarm bled into Sageleafs voice it, in turn, made Specklefang uneasy. Specklefang turned to look at Sageleaf, then at her own tail, limp no matter how much she tried to twitch her tail tip in her aggravation. "No, I can't feel it. I can't even move my tail." No matter how hard Specklefang tried, the grip of fear latched onto her heart and clouded her head. Specklefang's tail twitched, though it was before the bite wound, it being perfectly maneuverable at that point. Everything was clicking in, though she didn't know the exact extent of the damage or if she had any hope of it healing and everything is all and well. To her, Specklefang was going to be crippled and that was the end of the story.

Specklefangs mind started racing, filled to the brim with all the things she wouldn't be able to do, how useless she was going to be just sitting in the elder's den. She was going to just suck her clan of the little resources they had, with the fire and leaf-bare on the brink they didn't need another mouth to feed. What good was she going to ever be anyways? All she ever did was cause more harm than good, look at her mother, broken down and ruined because of her- because she couldn't deal with her father first before her mother did.

Specklefang staggered to her paws, trying to make it to the den entrance, to get out and escape the truth. Since funnily enough all that seemed to be going wrong was in a place of healing. However, as expected due to the damage to her tail she collapsed against the wall next to the den entrance, heaving heavily as she struggled to keep everything under control, her emotions controlled and bottled. Anything other than this feeling of suffocating, that everything was all too much. She didn't want to be useless, she didn't want to be a waste.
Back to top Go down
Ripped
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Ripped

Cancer Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Sageleaf... (Closed Healing Topic)   Sageleaf... (Closed Healing Topic) EmptyWed 8 Nov 2017 - 13:35

Sageleaf's eyes widened for a split second as the burly she-cat confirmed it-- she couldn't feel past the break. Before the medicine cat could think or say anything, Specklefang's features seemed to display a variety of emotions before she tried to turn and run from the healing den. She was frozen, watching the scene. It was a bit pathetic to watch, the great and massive Thunderclan warrior stumbling like an exhausted kit. But, the former Windclan cat found her heart wrenching for the brute. As much as Specklefang tried to act tough, she was now stuck. There was no way she would be able to perform her warrior abilities to the extent she once had, at least not for a while. Sageleaf had looked at her with so much disdain when she had walked in. Now, that was replaced with pity, and even a genuine care for the poor creature. I must be getting soft or stupid...

Her paws carried her to the entrance of the den. She stood in front of Specklefang with a mix of steel and sadness in her eyes. There was no way she could allow the injured warrior to leave in her condition, especially not now. Sageleaf shoved the much larger cat back into the medicine cat's den. There was no doubt Specklefang would stumble and like fall on her way back in. All sense of balance would be gone. Green eyes bore into Specklefang's as she rasped lowly, "You can't walk properly, mousebrain. Where do you think you're going to go? You have to stay in my den for now." Her words betrayed none of the internal conflict. While her heart still bled with compassion, none of that shone through, except maybe through the light in her eyes. She waited for some sort of bitter retort, her own prepared behind bared teeth. She was going to need all of Starclan's help to deal with this one.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sageleaf... (Closed Healing Topic)   Sageleaf... (Closed Healing Topic) Empty

Back to top Go down

Sageleaf... (Closed Healing Topic)
Page 1 of 1