Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place during the time before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! The latest announcements are below.
This month's activity is over, please check that your cats are on allegiances and everything is correct ;)
Leafbare is here, the icy winds cut across the five territories. Who will live? Who will die? Who will remain to tell your story?
If it's the full moon and the Gathering hasn't been made yet, please tell a Staff member. Thank you!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Share | 

New Medicine Cat Involvement Questions and (Possible) Concerns

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Wavedream623

Characters : [S] Stoneheart, [R] Roaringblaze, [W] Willowflight, [Sh] Shade
Female
Aquarius Tiger
Number of posts : 516
Clan/Rank : Shadowclan Medicine Cat #2, Windclan Warrior, Skyclan Apprentice, Rogue

PostSubject: New Medicine Cat Involvement Questions and (Possible) Concerns   Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:27 pm

Hi everyone!

Let me just first start off to say that I am excited that the staff is working so hard to make medicine cats relevant. I really really really want this to work because there's been so many attempts to make medicine cats as important as they are in the books, but none of the attempts really seem to be as big as this one. As someone who's roleplaying a medicine cat myself, these changes are really exciting! So because I am really hopeful this will work, I want to bring up some questions and possible concerns I have towards this new system working smoothly:)

Concerns:

1: Removing the dice system for deciding whether forbidden romances get caught or not could make the medicine cats unrealistically the sole discovers of them. In addition, my biggest concern is that staff may be making medicine cats the only source of confrontation for forbidden romances. This not only brings up the possible problem of realism but also makes the system 100% rely on medicine cats following through after finding out the relationship exists and acting on it. What I suggest is that staff brings back the dice but if a forbidden romance is important to the site-wide plot or the well-doing of the clan, it should be able to be discovered by the medicine cats.

2: This new system probably means that staff will have to be consistently diligent in keeping up with plots, forbidden romances, and murders as well as sending signs to medicine cats. I highly believe in the ability of the awesome staff here, but it's certain this new system definitely adds onto their workload. I put this as a concern because 3 new graphs to update as well as monitoring activity so that medicine cats aren't discovering plots that are inactive will be a lot. Since this can't be helped, all I really think staff could do if it gets to be a ton is make another member staff or tweak the plot sign ups even more formatted so that's more organized? I wanted to bring this up because this system relies on staff keeping these new things up to date. I'm really happy that staff's doing so much for medicine cats' relevancy, so hopefully this works *crosses fingers*

Questions:

1: How does staff plan to relay starclan messages to medicine cats? Is it through roleplay? If so, where? Any PMing involved? I wanted to ask this here instead of asking through PM because I think the answer to this question could be of interest to the site in general and all the other medicine cats:)

Willowflight (color#6666cc)  Stoneheart (color#999999)  Roaringblaze (color#normalblack)  Shade (color#99cc99)

Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Jughead's corpse

Female
Cancer Horse
Number of posts : 124

PostSubject: Re: New Medicine Cat Involvement Questions and (Possible) Concerns   Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:35 pm

I have my concerns about the plotting and how backed up that will get inevitably. Maybe some level of interaction should require an approval? Risk of war/battle between whole clans, death, possible exile, these would need more approval than other plots.

Pigeon The Risen {DawnClan Leader} Mange {DawnClan Apprentice} Birchpaw {TC}

Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Pikachu
How chu like me now?
How chu like me now?

Characters : [I] Ivyfall RC [D] Dewtuft WC [M] Minnowpaw RC [O] Otterleap RC [V] Violetshine SC
Male
Sagittarius Pig
Number of posts : 4530
Clan/Rank : Humble Organic Pikachu Farmer

PostSubject: Re: New Medicine Cat Involvement Questions and (Possible) Concerns   Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:08 am

Zombiedream623 wrote:
1: Removing the dice system for deciding whether forbidden romances get caught or not could make the medicine cats unrealistically the sole discovers of them. In addition, my biggest concern is that staff may be making medicine cats the only source of confrontation for forbidden romances. This not only brings up the possible problem of realism but also makes the system 100% rely on medicine cats following through after finding out the relationship exists and acting on it. What I suggest is that staff brings back the dice but if a forbidden romance is important to the site-wide plot or the well-doing of the clan, it should be able to be discovered by the medicine cats.

The thing you have to understand about the previous system was that it didn't work. People who got landed on the discovery side would either have one cat that was good friends with them figure out the romance and keep their secret, or flat out never RP the discovery. Leaving it to an outside factor such as MC was our way of circumventing these issues.

Furthermore, making discoveries plot relevant, as you suggested, always runs the risk of less liked/popular RPers getting the shaft with their cats being discovered for "plot reasons".

As for MCs being the only source of confrontation, that's not really the case. MCs are the only non-RPer controlled source of Forbidden Romance confrontation. People are still open to having other cats find out about forbidden romances through plots etc.

And at the core of this issues is what I think is more important to the longevity of the site. The role of MCs being important outweighs the danger of Forbidden Romance swarms for me. I would love a hybrid system that integrates the danger of the die with MC discovery, but I can't see it working without making FR literally impossible to get by with. One thing we did change that wasn't noted publicly is that we remodelled how staff approach approving romances. Previously, pretty much every romance was approved. Now, it's a much stricter system, and hopefully this will reduce 1000 cats having romances and all these MC/Leaders being clueless.

A possible avenue to broaden confrontation chances is having Leaders also have the discovery odds, but that'll need to be discussed and vetted more.

Zombiedream623 wrote:
2: This new system probably means that staff will have to be consistently diligent in keeping up with plots, forbidden romances, and murders as well as sending signs to medicine cats. I highly believe in the ability of the awesome staff here, but it's certain this new system definitely adds onto their workload. I put this as a concern because 3 new graphs to update as well as monitoring activity so that medicine cats aren't discovering plots that are inactive will be a lot. Since this can't be helped, all I really think staff could do if it gets to be a ton is make another member staff or tweak the plot sign ups even more formatted so that's more organized? I wanted to bring this up because this system relies on staff keeping these new things up to date. I'm really happy that staff's doing so much for medicine cats' relevancy, so hopefully this works *crosses fingers*

Definitely, I agree that with these changes, we will be understaffed if we keep the current staff numbers long-term. That is an issue that I plan on fixing, however it isn't a critical problem right now. We're still patching and trying to test out the systems for now, and there has been clearer delegation of duties that has definitely assisted with how Staff will be running from now on. Each section is assigned two staff members, you can check who you contact regarding each section in the info/rules parts.

Seer/Badge: They handle Plotting Pages
Shadow/Fish: They handle MC/MCA related issues
Icee/Reaper: They handle all Forbidden Romance issues

I am naturally open to being consulted about all things ;)

And you also bring up a great point about plotting pages. I do plan on creating a Plotting form, that will have to be submitted to Seer/Badge, but I hesitated due to the sheer amount of forms I was making. WCC bureaucracy was getting a lil heavy.

Zombiedream623 wrote:
1: How does staff plan to relay starclan messages to medicine cats? Is it through roleplay? If so, where? Any PMing involved? I wanted to ask this here instead of asking through PM because I think the answer to this question could be of interest to the site in general and all the other medicine cats:)

It's left to the MC's discretion, as noted on the info page. Staff will only intervene if we think the hint is too heavy handed.

Jughead's corpse wrote:
I have my concerns about the plotting and how backed up that will get inevitably. Maybe some level of interaction should require an approval? Risk of war/battle between whole clans, death, possible exile, these would need more approval than other plots.

I'm kinda confused on what you're asking? Are you suggesting that Plotting will end up getting congested from having to wait for Staff approval? Or that we need more things to be on approval basis so we don't end up with too many plots?

Local Salt Peddler ϟϟ Site Administrator ϟϟ RiverClan Leader          
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://nochudown.deviantart.com/
Holly

Characters : Lilacfall (SC)/Swanpaw (RC)/Emberpaw (TC)/Featherpaw (WC)/Raven (L)
Female
Gemini Cat
Number of posts : 2184

PostSubject: Re: New Medicine Cat Involvement Questions and (Possible) Concerns   Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:51 pm

Well, if the medicine cats are the only ones able to discover forbidden romances, who's going to discover all the medicine cats breaking the code if chasing the hints they receive is optional?

Lilacfall ~ Swanpaw ~ Emberpaw ~Featherpaw ~ Raven
ShadowClan NAW ~ RiverClan Apprentice ~  ThunderClan Apprentice ~
WindClan MCA ~ Rogue
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pikachu
How chu like me now?
How chu like me now?

Characters : [I] Ivyfall RC [D] Dewtuft WC [M] Minnowpaw RC [O] Otterleap RC [V] Violetshine SC
Male
Sagittarius Pig
Number of posts : 4530
Clan/Rank : Humble Organic Pikachu Farmer

PostSubject: Re: New Medicine Cat Involvement Questions and (Possible) Concerns   Wed Oct 25, 2017 7:53 pm

Holly the Witch wrote:
Well, if the medicine cats are the only ones able to discover forbidden romances, who's going to discover all the medicine cats breaking the code if chasing the hints they receive is optional?

MCs are the only non-player controlled aspect of discoveries. RPers can still have other RPers discover things through plotting. And if MCs breaking the code is something we plan on cracking down on and limiting in the future.

Also we are thinking about allowing Leader to access these dreams too.

Local Salt Peddler ϟϟ Site Administrator ϟϟ RiverClan Leader          
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://nochudown.deviantart.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Medicine Cat Involvement Questions and (Possible) Concerns   

Back to top Go down

New Medicine Cat Involvement Questions and (Possible) Concerns
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warrior Clan Cats :: Off Topic :: Comments & Suggestions-
Jump to: