Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

late night [closed]

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Seer
Former Staff
Former Staff
Seer

Characters : Kestrelpaw ♀ | Jaypaw ♂ | Hawkpaw ♂
Clan/Rank : ThunderClan Apprentice | RiverClan Apprentice | SkyClan Apprentice
Libra Cat
Number of posts : 3263

late night [closed] Empty
PostSubject: late night [closed]   late night [closed] EmptyThu 19 Oct 2017 - 12:12

The lower the sun sank into the oncoming night sky, the busier Shadowclan's camp became as cats began to stir for their nightly duties. Large ears perking slightly at the soft humming of various cats speaking and going about their nightly routine, Wolfpaw found himself lingering rather aimlessly as he observed his Clanmates milling about. Just a few sunrises before, whenever Magpiestar had given him his apprentice name, he had been practically bursting at the seams with limitless energy, but now he didn't know what to do. And what was he supposed to do? It's not like becoming an apprentice gave him that much freedom anyways.

Large paws hardly making a sound against the soft mud underpaw, Wolfpaw found himself casually wandering up to the prickly camp entrance with a soft sigh. Bushing out his fur slightly against the cool chill of the evening, the rosetted tom halted beside the bramble entrance before surveying the camp with wide eyes filled with anticipation. Hopefully somecat would join him so he could have the pleasure of going outside of camp for a bit.

late night [closed] Img_0312
current characters | semi-return from inactivity
Back to top Go down
Sunlit
Former Staff
Former Staff
Sunlit

Characters : [C] - Cloudroar | [F] - Frostwing | [La] - Lakewhisper
Clan/Rank : [C] - SkyClan Senior Warrior Tom. [F] - SkyClan Young Warrior She. [La] - RiverClan Experienced Warrior Tom.
Cancer Dragon
Number of posts : 1658

PostSubject: Re: late night [closed]   late night [closed] EmptySun 29 Oct 2017 - 17:53

(so sorry been super busy ;u; )

Olivelily had just woken up from a short nap a distance away from the fresh-kill pile, when she noticed the young tabby apprentice, Wolfpaw, standing near the entrance patiently waiting for someone to join him. Letting a slight smile onto her muzzle, she padded up to the tom. "Are you trying to put a patrol together?" She asked with casual enthusiasm. "If so, count me in." She meowed with a flick of her spotted bengal tail. The moons after her father's death had been quite rough on the she-cat, but with the support of her clanmates and siblings, she was slowly coming out of the rut she had fallen in. She was now attempting to get to know her clanmates more and rejoin the social scene of clan life.

My Characters
Post here if you need me!
late night [closed] Sign_s13
late night [closed] Rq_11_10
Back to top Go down
Seer
Former Staff
Former Staff
Seer

Libra Cat

PostSubject: Re: late night [closed]   late night [closed] EmptyMon 30 Oct 2017 - 10:53

Wolfpaw had dropped down to a neat crouch as he waited, his bushed out tail neatly wrapping around his paws as his gaze focused on something in the faraway distance as he idly waited. At the sound of Olivelily's voice, the young tom's head lifted to stare at the she-cat with wide green eyes. He still found it a bit tricky to interact with she-cat's without feeling as if his heart was beating out of his chest. "You're welcome to join." He quickly mewed after a moment of slightly awkward staring, feeling slightly flustered as he stared up at Olivelily, "Although I hope you don't mind if we're the only cats who go- everyone else seems father busy."

Back to top Go down
Sunlit
Former Staff
Former Staff
Sunlit

Clan/Rank : [C] - SkyClan Senior Warrior Tom. [F] - SkyClan Young Warrior She. [La] - RiverClan Experienced Warrior Tom.
Cancer Dragon

PostSubject: Re: late night [closed]   late night [closed] EmptyThu 9 Nov 2017 - 16:45

Olivelily nodded, almost a bit relieved nobody else would be joining them. The less cats there were meant the less boring small talk she'd have to take part in. "Sure. I don't mind." She meowed with a friendly smile. "Let's head on out." She said, whisking her tail behind her as they exited the camp. As they walked, she glanced at the tom beside her curiously. They had never really talked before, and she found herself actually quite interested in getting to know him. "So, Wolfpaw, right?" She said pretty sure she was correct before continuing, "Do you want to hunt or patrol the borders tonight?" She asked, not really caring which, just trying to get a conversation going and maybe learn a bit about the apprentice.

My Characters
Back to top Go down
Seer
Former Staff
Former Staff
Seer

Libra Cat

PostSubject: Re: late night [closed]   late night [closed] EmptyWed 15 Nov 2017 - 14:28

Olivelily's friendly smile didn't help the maelstrom of abashed and tentative behaviors that were coursing through Wolfpaw's head at the moment, but he thankfully managed to give her a lopsided grin in return. The moment Olivelily turned her back on him to guide their duo out of camp, the apprentice let out an embarrassed little huff and gave his head a quick shake to clear it as he followed after the Warrior. What was wrong with him? He was feeling as embarrassed as a kit who just got a scolding in front of the entire Clan! The brief silence that yawned between them was surprisingly comfortable, but he was still relieved whenever Olivelily spoke up once more.

"I suppose a bit of hunting would be nice- I promised Magpiestar I'd work on my skills as much as I possibly can." Wolfpaw answered after a brief moment of thought, his words thankfully sounding a bit more confident now. The sun was slowly sliding lower and lower in the evening sky, bringing the promise of night-dwelling prey for the pair to go after.

Back to top Go down
Sunlit
Former Staff
Former Staff
Sunlit

Cancer Dragon

PostSubject: Re: late night [closed]   late night [closed] EmptySun 19 Nov 2017 - 16:16

Olivelily nodded in agreement. "Sure! Let's hunt." She responded, though she kept her leisurely pace. "I wonder.." She started, a mischievous grin on her delicate features. "Would you want to have a little competition?" She asked, a playful light in her eyes. What better way to get to know each other better than a little friendly competition? She was very competitive and missed the little games her and her siblings would play as apprentices. She hoped this would bring back some good memories, and maybe let them become closer. She wasn't sure what exactly prompted her to get to know the apprentice, but maybe it was a good thing. After her little depressive episode, she had pushed away all the friends that she had had, and she needed to acquire some new ones. Maybe Wolfpaw could be her first.

My Characters
Back to top Go down
Seer
Former Staff
Former Staff
Seer

Libra Cat

PostSubject: Re: late night [closed]   late night [closed] EmptySun 26 Nov 2017 - 18:45

"A contest?" Wolfpaw echoed, a gleam of interest evident in his bright gaze as he flashed another quick glance towards Olivelily. Thankfully his newfound ease and confidence seemed to be holding up fairly well, because now he could become more invested in the prospect of a friendly competition without becoming too jittery. It had been moons since he had been able to engage in something like a little game- ever since Peonykit had died, he hadn't really been able to afford such a luxury. After a brief heartbeat of thought, coupled with an eager flick of his tail, he took a careful step over a small pack of icy mud that lingered precariously within reach. "If you don't mind losing, I suppose we could give it a go." Wolfpaw mewed, the friendly jibe feeling a bit awkward on his tongue as he spoke to Olivelily, "But what are the terms to this contest?"

Back to top Go down
Sunlit
Former Staff
Former Staff
Sunlit

Cancer Dragon

PostSubject: Re: late night [closed]   late night [closed] EmptyWed 6 Dec 2017 - 16:13

Olivelily's gaze lit up with excitement, "Great!" She chirped, rising to her paws, thrilled at the prospect of a new friend, though he might be a bit younger than her. She wracked her brain for rules that her and her siblings had made up when they were younger for their games when one came to her. "Okay, so I was thinking, maybe, we head off in search of our prey and meet back by.. Hmm.." She paused glancing at the darkening sky. "Let's say moonhigh." She decided before going on, "But.. you can sabotage the other if you want. There's no specifications. Go wild." She meowed with enthusiasm. Oh how she missed her brothers. They would have loved this. Just goofing off like old times. Like before the.. the mist. A chill went through her as she remembered it, but she quickly shook it off. That was in the past. It's over with and you're moving on. She told herself silently before regaining her composure swiftly. "Alright. Ready.. Set.. Go!" She meowed, slinking off into the brush, her spotted pelt blending in nicely.

My Characters
Back to top Go down
Seer
Former Staff
Former Staff
Seer

Libra Cat

PostSubject: Re: late night [closed]   late night [closed] EmptyTue 12 Dec 2017 - 13:19

Sabotage?" Wolfpaw reiterated, an enlivened gleam sparking in his gaze as he swung around to look at Olivelily much more closely, "You're full of surprises, aren't you?" He quickly joked, still feeling rather awkward at the concept of teasing the older she-cat. It felt strange being close enough to cats other than Foxheart and Magpiestar.. and the idea of a game such as this one stirred up conflicting memories within the young tom- how many times had he wished that his littermates had survived for long enough so that they could do something similar to this? Swallowing tightly, Wolfpaw gave Olivelily a brisk nod to signal that he agreed with her loose terms to the little game, his long tail swishing in something akin to anticipation.

"Alright. Ready.. Set.. Go!"

At Olivelily's words, Wolfpaw slipped away in the opposite direction, his paws hardly making a sound against the slightly icy muddy earth. Giving a brittle fern a wide berth for fear of it making too much noise if he happened to brush up against it, the young tom continued to stealthily trek through the territory. There was a lively drum of excitement pulsing through his veins with such intensity that it felt like his fur was on fire- who knew that something like a competition could make him feel so...excited?

A tangy scent wafting over his tongue quickly pulled Wolfpaw's attention away from his whirling inner thoughts and made his belly grumble in excitement. Lizard! Halting, the young tom dropped into a neat crouch as he carefully made his way towards the unsuspecting lizard. The soft rustling beneath a brittle, dead leaf made Wolfpaw's ears flick up and his pupils dilate. Coiling his hindlegs beneath his body in a powerful crouch, he hunkered down as he prepared to spring at the lizard. With a grunt of effort, Wolfpaw launched himself forwards and easily snapped the scaly creature up in his forepaws before delivering a swift and neat bite that instantly killed the creature.

Sitting upright with the limp body of the lizard hanging from his jaws, Wolfpaw took a moment to carefully plan his next actions before stashing the lizard in a safe place that would conceal it from any other predators.

Last edited by Seer on Tue 12 Dec 2017 - 13:21; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Characters : Mistpelt
Clan/Rank : RiverClanWarrior
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 14822

PostSubject: Re: late night [closed]   late night [closed] EmptyTue 12 Dec 2017 - 13:19

The member 'Seer' has done the following action : Dices roll

'Hunting Dice' : 6

late night [closed] Mistpe10
late night [closed] Sig2
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=xxxmuffinheadxxx
Sunlit
Former Staff
Former Staff
Sunlit

Cancer Dragon

PostSubject: Re: late night [closed]   late night [closed] EmptySat 16 Dec 2017 - 7:34

The spotted she-cat nodded with a grin as he repeated what she thought was the most fun part of the game. "I've been told that." She laughed brightly at his comment. It felt good to just laugh and be carefree again with a friend. It felt as though it had been moons and moons since she had felt like this. After everything that had happened, here she was, laughing and messing around like an apprentice again. She was lost in thought as she slunk through the undergrowth, following the scent of a mouse. Licking her jaws, her green eyes flickered towards the rustling undergrowth that told her the location of the small rodent. Crouching down, she silently slipped through underbrush before she was a few tail lengths from it. Wiggling her haunches, she pushed up off the grown with her hind legs, landing squarely on top of the mouse. She quickly nipped it's neck, cutting off its surprised squeak.

As soon as she was finished burying the mouse, she crept off in search of more prey. As she was slinking across the territory, she kept close to Wolfpaw's scent for she had a plan.

My Characters
Back to top Go down
Sunlit
Former Staff
Former Staff
Sunlit

Cancer Dragon

PostSubject: Re: late night [closed]   late night [closed] EmptySat 16 Dec 2017 - 7:35

forgot dice

My Characters
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Characters : Mistpelt
Clan/Rank : RiverClanWarrior
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 14822

PostSubject: Re: late night [closed]   late night [closed] EmptySat 16 Dec 2017 - 7:35

The member 'Sunlit' has done the following action : Dices roll

'Hunting Dice' : 5

late night [closed] Mistpe10
late night [closed] Sig2
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=xxxmuffinheadxxx
Seer
Former Staff
Former Staff
Seer

Libra Cat

PostSubject: Re: late night [closed]   late night [closed] EmptyWed 27 Dec 2017 - 9:42

Gently patting the cool earth over the limp form of the lizard with surprisingly gentle paws, Wolfpaw's head craned upwards to catch a glimpse of the dark night sky between the sparse branches of the trees. The soft silvery light of the moon was barely visible due to the dull clouds that encased it, but it was easy enough to see that it wasn't moonhigh just yet- good, he still had some time. Shaking out his fur, the rosetted young tom inhaled deeply, tasting the soft and crisp scents of the night on his tongue as he attempted to decide on what to do next. An ear twitched as a slight frown twisted his maw, a clearly conflicted expression overtaking his shadowed face. Did he want to go after Olivelily or try to keep hunting? Looking back up at the cold moon and stars high above, their silent twinkling offering little advice, the young tom suddenly found his answer.

Feeling his heartbeat kick up several paces, Wolfpaw slipped away from the freshly-buried lizard and into the safety of the Leafbare-barren undergrowth, his mouth parted ever-so-slightly as he searched for the scent of his Clanmate. After a few moments of careful searching, the apprentice was able to catch wind of the she-cat's warm and familiar scent- it seemed surprisingly close. Had she been following him this entire time? Suddenly an idea popped into his mind and caused an eager smirk to twist his maw as he hurriedly scanned his surroundings a final time.

Bounding towards the nearest tree, Wolfpaw quickly and awkwardly swarmed his way up the tree and towards the lowest branches to wait for Olivelily.

Back to top Go down
Sunlit
Former Staff
Former Staff
Sunlit

Cancer Dragon

PostSubject: Re: late night [closed]   late night [closed] EmptyWed 3 Jan 2018 - 14:09

Not long after she had buried the mouse, she caught the scent of a sparrow a few fox lengths away, and she slowly crept closer until she finally dropped into a hunter's crouch. Birds were fairly rare so close to the forest floor, and she found they were a bit harder to catch than other prey. Despite her inexperience with catching birds, she slowly and quietly stalked forward until she was about a tail length from the creature. Okay now.. steady Olivelily. You cannot afford to make a sound. She silently told herself before swiftly leaping the distance and landing squarely on the bird. I got it! Dad would be proud.. Letting a quiet mrrow of joy escape as the finished off the brown bird. She soon made her way back to her mouse and buried the bird with it. Better to keep them together so she didn't have to travel all over the territory again looking for them.

Now with her accomplishment buried and done with, she went in search of Wolfpaw. Now to see what he was up to and how his hunts were going. Honestly, since he was new to the game, she didn't really expect him to try to sabotage her, but she had no intentions of holding back. She would sabotage his next catch.. If only she could find him. She had searched and followed his scent for a while now, and it kept leading her back to the same spot, but it held no Wolfpaw. It always stopped at this one tree, and for the life of her she couldn't figure it out. Since ShadowClanners were not known to go climbing trees, the thought never even crossed her mind. Instead, she began to worry. What if he had gotten into trouble? What if a predator got him? Or a two-leg? Oh StarClan, she would never forgive herself if something happened to the friendly tom on her watch, so with her heart racing, standing right under the tree that Wolfpaw was hiding in, she called out to him. "Wolfpaw? Are you alright? Where are you?" She called softly, but loudly at the same time. Her tail tip twitched anxiously as she waited with bated breath for a response.

My Characters

Last edited by Sunlit on Wed 3 Jan 2018 - 14:26; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: late night [closed]   late night [closed] Empty

Back to top Go down

late night [closed]
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next