Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Together as Warriors (For RainyHeart)

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Squirrelnose

Squirrelnose

Characters : (P)Petalpaw (B)Barkkit (S)Sunkit
Clan/Rank : ShadowClan
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 3341

warriors - Together as Warriors (For RainyHeart) Empty
PostSubject: Together as Warriors (For RainyHeart)   warriors - Together as Warriors (For RainyHeart) EmptySun Oct 15, 2017 8:38 am

Nutfur woke up with a yawn, for a moment not knowing where she was. It was the end of her first night in the warrior's den, having had spent her first night as a warrior doing a silent vigil. Being a warrior was amazing, being the rank that all her friends had been, and having the freedom to start patrols as she pleased. No more constantly asking some warrior for permission, now she could do whatever she wanted as long as it was part of the warrior code. And Finchstream was sleeping beside her, for the first time since they were apprentices. It felt nice to be side by side with her friend once again. Standing up, the new warrior stretched and started to walk out of the den, before deciding to go on a celebratory patrol with her best friend. Quietly padding back over to her, the brown warrior leaned down and whispered near the fluffy warrior's ear.
"Hey Finchstream, do you want to go on a patrol to celebrate me becoming a warrior?" she asked, padding a few steps towards the entrance before waiting for a response. Though the warrior den was nice to sleep in, it was a little crowded. But in the rapidly cooling weather, that was more of a bliss than a downside in the night she had slept there.

warriors - Together as Warriors (For RainyHeart) Signat10
Back to top Go down
RainyHeart
Former Staff
Former Staff
RainyHeart

Characters : Former: Pansyface ♀, Leopardstar ♂, Finchstream ♀, Ryeheart ♂, Laurelsong ♀, Nightstorm ♂, Fernpetal ♀, Magpiepaw ♂, Chirp ♀, Ashflight ♂, Orchidmask ♀ Basilbloom ♀ | Current: Featherpaw ♀, Tigerkit ♂
Sagittarius Dragon
Number of posts : 3811

PostSubject: Re: Together as Warriors (For RainyHeart)   warriors - Together as Warriors (For RainyHeart) EmptySun Oct 15, 2017 2:24 pm

Finchstream was sleeping soundly in her nest, paws twitching slightly as she dreamed, looking almost as if she was swimming.  Nutfur's voice managed to break through into her subconscious though, and after wondering for a moment why the fish she was stalking began to speak about patrols, awoke and glanced around at the familiar, warm den.  Catching sight of the chestnut warrior, Finchstream nodded agreement through sleep-weary eyes, grunting slightly as she stood up and stretched.  She gave her long pelt a few short licks; it was likely they were going to be swimming, so she didn't feel like having to go through the whole grooming process with her difficult fur twice.  Once she was done, she stepped out of her nest and joined her friend with an excited flick of her poofy tail; "Alright, lead the way!"

Back to top Go down
Squirrelnose

Squirrelnose

Pisces Dog

PostSubject: Re: Together as Warriors (For RainyHeart)   warriors - Together as Warriors (For RainyHeart) EmptySun Oct 15, 2017 2:41 pm

Nutfur patiently waited as Finchstream woke up, stretched, and groomed herself. Her own fur, on the contrary, was unusually short, making it quick to groom but provided very little protection against the cold weather. Once the fluffy she-cat was done with her whole waking up process and had replied, she nodded in acknowledgment before replying. "Okay then, let's get going!"
The morning air was chilly as she trotted out of the den, but by the look of things it would probably warm up soon. Only a few other cats were up as the two of them made their way out of camp, and seeing as it was still early morning, it wasn't unexpected. Outside of camp,  though there was still green everywhere, there was a group of orange or yellow leaves every so often. The new bright colors and the cold were sure signs that leaf fall was upon them. Soon, the two new warriors had reached a spot far enough down the river that camp was no longer visible, and no sounds from their clanmates could be heard here. It was a good place for fishing, and they could see both the ThunderClan and SkyClan borders from there. Upon reaching the place, Nutfur sat down, planning on doing a little catching up with her friend before fishing. "It's been so long since we have actually sat down and just talked, it seems."

Back to top Go down
RainyHeart
Former Staff
Former Staff
RainyHeart

Characters : Former: Pansyface ♀, Leopardstar ♂, Finchstream ♀, Ryeheart ♂, Laurelsong ♀, Nightstorm ♂, Fernpetal ♀, Magpiepaw ♂, Chirp ♀, Ashflight ♂, Orchidmask ♀ Basilbloom ♀ | Current: Featherpaw ♀, Tigerkit ♂
Sagittarius Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Together as Warriors (For RainyHeart)   warriors - Together as Warriors (For RainyHeart) EmptySun Oct 15, 2017 5:48 pm

Padding after her friend at a steady pace, Finchstream's golden eyes flashed around to examine her surroundings with interest, enjoying the colorful sight of changing leaves on the forest trees.  Both ThunderClan and SkyClan seemed to be starting to experience the effects of leaf-fall, but so far the weeping willows of RiverClan territory had remained the same.  She remembered her time as a young apprentice, seeing the willow branches frosted over and sparkling in the sunlight, like a beautiful (spooky) skeleton.  Soon the river stood in front of them, and Finchstream sat down beside Nutfur, eager to spend some time just talking with her best friend.  Smiling mournfully, the silver tabby she-cat nodded; "Yea, I'm sorry about that.  I didn't want to distract you from your training...plus...recent events, you know?"  Could she not escape her sad memories?  As she spoke even vaguely of her lost...friend a stream of recollections flowed into her mind; of hunting with Ospreypaw near here, his smile as he caught a fish, the feeling of his fur brushing hers as they sat side by side...  No!  Not now, be happy!  Her face didn't change, eternally smiling as she waited for her friend's reply.  He wouldn't want both of us to be sad...

Back to top Go down
Squirrelnose

Squirrelnose

Pisces Dog

PostSubject: Re: Together as Warriors (For RainyHeart)   warriors - Together as Warriors (For RainyHeart) EmptyMon Oct 16, 2017 3:31 pm

"It's fine. I was a little busy trying to become a warrior, and I get that things have been a little hectic lately," Nutfur replied, not entirely getting the reference to Ospreypaw. It wasn't that she didn't miss him or feel bad that he was gone, she just had other grieving memories in her mind. She let out a sigh and pawed absent-mindedly at the river before speaking again. "Well, now that we do have time to talk, how is it being a warrior? I've only had this rank for a day, and I want to know what all to expect."
That thought had crossed her mind before. Was being a warrior just like being an apprentice, but with a little more freedom? It did seem that way, but there had to be something more than just the ability to leave camp as they pleased. And, as there was with everything, there must be some sort of downside. Looking to her friend, she noticed that Finchstream seemed a little down. Her face still remained looking happy, but she could see the tiniest bit of grief in the silver warrior's eyes. Maybe a little fishing and talking with a long time friend would help her.

Back to top Go down
RainyHeart
Former Staff
Former Staff
RainyHeart

Sagittarius Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Together as Warriors (For RainyHeart)   warriors - Together as Warriors (For RainyHeart) EmptyTue Oct 17, 2017 7:30 pm

Finchstream smiled, glad to change the subject for now.  Hmm...what should I tell her?  I mean, it's not really as glamorous as we thought it would be as kids...  With a soft laugh, the silver and white tabby she-cat purred; "Well...you have to do the same basic things as an apprentice; hunting, chores when needed, patrols...stuff like that.  No training sessions though, and older warriors can't boss you around as easily."  Flicking her fluffy tail thoughtfully, Finchstream gazed down at the water as she continued.  "...eventually you might get an apprentice.  For the short time that I had Foampaw, I was scared to death by the thought of being a mentor.  I mean, how can I-"  She cut herself off; she had never told her friend about her fears.  With an awkward pause, she revised her sentence and tried again.  "h..how can I handle a crazy young cat that's barely younger than me?"  With a slight laugh, Finchstream looked back up at Nutfur with a humble smile.  "That's just me though, you probably would make a much better mentor than I would."

Back to top Go down
Squirrelnose

Squirrelnose

Pisces Dog

PostSubject: Re: Together as Warriors (For RainyHeart)   warriors - Together as Warriors (For RainyHeart) EmptyTue Oct 17, 2017 9:01 pm

Nutfur, returned the slight purr as she listened to Finchstream's explanation. So being a warrior wasn't quite as cool as she had believed for a long time, but it definitely had its pros. The though to getting apprentice was strange to her. She had just become a warrior, and it would feel weird to already have a cat she was in charge of training. But she was a newly made warrior, so she probably wouldn't get an apprentice for a long time (like two days). Here eyes narrowed slightly at her friend's hesitation, but didn't say anything on it. She knew that the fluffy she-cat had her secrets, and was okay with them remaining that way unless she was told. There were things that she had never told Finchstream, so she understood some things were private. At here friend's last phrase, she chuckled slightly.
"Ahhh, I bet that you were a better mentor than I could ever be. And hopefully, if I ever get an apprentice, they won't be half as crazy as we were," the chestnut warrior teased. "Well, at least we are warriors now instead of the fluff balls that we used to be. And personally, I'm already enjoying the freedom to leave camp as we please. Though we probably should get to fishing and have something to show for our patrol." As she spoke, she considered if it really was better to be a warrior than an ignorant newly made apprentice. She had been so light hearted and enthusiastic, and that kind of freedom she could never get again. Sighing, she looked into the river and glimpsed a fish, sending her claws flying at it and scooping it up onto the riverbank.

Back to top Go down
RainyHeart
Former Staff
Former Staff
RainyHeart

Sagittarius Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Together as Warriors (For RainyHeart)   warriors - Together as Warriors (For RainyHeart) EmptySun Oct 22, 2017 5:28 pm

Finchstream nodded and turned her attention down at the river, watching intently for the moment when an unlucky fish would swim into her range.  She laughed at Nutfur's compliment, her voice insistent as she meowed back; "No seriously, you should've seen me when Ivyfall called my name!  I was like a fish out of water I was so scared!  I mean, I was really just worried about disappointing the kit. I'm not really the most impressive warrior...I mean I'm competent at swimming and fishing, but fighting..."  He stomach clenched at the sound of the word, but luckily she was saved from having to finish her sentence by an ignorant carp who had swam near her waiting paws.  Her body tensing, the petite she-cat flashed out a fluffy paw and hooked the fish, scales coming off onto her claws as she flipped it into the air and onto the bank.  With a quick bite to the throat, it was dead.  Quickly, she shoved the fresh-kill behind her so be saved from the sight of any blood that may be spilling out of the puncture wounds; she was so used to doing this while hunting alone that she had forgotten that it might look quite strange to an unknowing bystander.

Back to top Go down
Squirrelnose

Squirrelnose

Pisces Dog

PostSubject: Re: Together as Warriors (For RainyHeart)   warriors - Together as Warriors (For RainyHeart) EmptyMon Oct 23, 2017 3:41 pm

"Just because you were worried doesn't mean you were bad. It makes you all the more impressive! And being a warrior in and of itself is a great honor," Nutfur praised reassuringly, smiling warmly at her friend. She didn't reply to Finchstream's words about not being good a fighting. Though the chestnut warrior had no idea about the other she-cat's fear of battle, she knew that her hard time with fighting was a sore spot. She grinned as her friend successfully caught the fish. Times where she showed how easily she was able to do these things made her wonder why the silver tabby ever thought she wasn't worthy. Her expression noticeably changed to one of curiosity when the fluffy warrior pushed the carp behind her. She didn't see this as a personal matter, so therefor didn't see a reason not to ask about it.
"Why did you push your fish behind you like that?" she asked, not sounding rude, just curious.

Back to top Go down
RainyHeart
Former Staff
Former Staff
RainyHeart

Sagittarius Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Together as Warriors (For RainyHeart)   warriors - Together as Warriors (For RainyHeart) EmptyThu Oct 26, 2017 10:42 pm

Finchstream smiled shyly at Nutfur's comforting praise, but if she was being honest her friend's words only seemed to go in one ear and out the other; if Nutfur knew the true reason she had been so worried, she knew for a fact that confidence in her voice would fade away like morning mist at sunhigh.  She couldn't seem to believe the statement when the truth was screaming right in her face.  She was just a scared coward, the same young apprentice who had fainted at the sight of a cat wounded by evil claws.  A slight shiver ran down her spine at the memory, and she tried to re-concentrate on her current task, but the sudden sound of the chestnut warrior's curious words turned her blood to ice.  Oh...StarClan.....how am I going to get out of this?  Finchstream looked visibly awkward; her paws shuffled on the ground in front of her, and the fur along her neck and spine twitched with tension.  When she spoke her voice was high and evasive, still not glancing back at the fish.  "O..oh?  Um, I just...just wanted to get it out of my way!  I..I don't really like keeping prey to my side, I..I'm always worried I'm going to knock it back into the river if I move wrong!"  With a casual chuckle she hoped to the stars actually sounded casual, the petite molly returned her attention back to the river as if it was the most interesting thing in the world.  Her belly twinged guiltily at the fact that she was blatantly lying to her best friend...but it was only because she couldn't bear to loose her.

Back to top Go down
Squirrelnose

Squirrelnose

Pisces Dog

PostSubject: Re: Together as Warriors (For RainyHeart)   warriors - Together as Warriors (For RainyHeart) EmptySat Oct 28, 2017 10:02 am

"Okay! That makes sense. I might try that too now," Nutfur replied, trying to seem friendly and hide the worry in her voice. She could tell that Finchstream was lying to her, but she didn't want to make her friend uncomfortable. She had faith that she would tell her in her own time, and rushing it would just make the situation more awkward. Dropping the subject of the fish, sh turned back to the river and searched for her next catch. Her eyes caught a flash of movement and she spotted a small trout coming towards her. Claws unsheathed, she flicked a little in front of the fish, sending it into the air an towards her waiting jaws. Quickly, she snapped her head forward and bit the trout's spine, killing it. Trying to make her friend feel better, the light brown warrior also placed her fish behind her. Trying to start a conversation a again, she said the first thing that came into her mind. 
"So, what's your favorite kind of fish?"

Back to top Go down
RainyHeart
Former Staff
Former Staff
RainyHeart

Sagittarius Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Together as Warriors (For RainyHeart)   warriors - Together as Warriors (For RainyHeart) EmptySat Oct 28, 2017 6:26 pm

The claws of panic that had gripped Finchstream slowly began to relax as her friend reacted positively to her evasive explanation, and the young warrior let out a silent sigh of relief.  Still, she noticed a very faint glint in her friend's amber eyes...not of anger or annoyance...but worry.  The slight guilty feeling began to grow ever larger as she watched Nutfur make another great catch; she felt terrible.  Lying to her best friend just to save her own skin...isn't that what traitors do?  Was she turning into a cat like the ones from the elder's tales?  No, of course not, this is completely different!  You can't be a threat to your clan just by being afraid of something...right?

Trying her best to push those shaded thoughts aside, Finchstream was just about to get back to hunting in silence when Nutfur spoke up with a curious question.  Tilting her head a bit as she thought, she noticed that her friend had also pushed her fish behind her as well; despite the truth hidden behind her actions, she couldn't help but smile.  "Hmm...my favorite fish..."  After a moment of contemplation, she flicked her head back towards the fresh-kill behind her with a grin.  "I love carp, they've always tasted the best to me.  And...this might sound a bit odd...but I also really like minnows."  With a chuckle, the silver tabby she-cat gazed down into the river for a moment before flashing a paw down and hooking a small silver minnow on a claw.  "One of these was my first catch, when Ospreypaw took me to the Broken Pools as a kit.  It brings back memories...plus they're nice and bite-sized!"  With a laugh, Finchstream deposited her tiny catch alongside the carp, before looking over at her friend.  "How about you Nutfur?"

Back to top Go down
Squirrelnose

Squirrelnose

Pisces Dog

PostSubject: Re: Together as Warriors (For RainyHeart)   warriors - Together as Warriors (For RainyHeart) EmptySun Oct 29, 2017 9:07 am

"I really like carp too. It was the first fish I ever caught, because for some reason my mentor prioritized land hunting over fishing. I remember, it was near this spot, the two of us, many moons ago." The memories returned to her of hunting with Finchstream as newly made apprentices, not having a care in the world. That was before Echopaw, before every big mistake she had made. That was when she had been the cat that she wished she could be again. But she couldn't become ignorant and light-hearted she-cat again, she had been through to much for that, but she could a be fun, kind, and intelligent warrior that cats wanted to be around. With a determined smile, she contemplated the rest of what her friend had said. Minnows... they were good, the easiest kind of fish to catch too. The force of claws alone would kill them and you wouldn't have to snap their spine. Purring slightly, she also flicked her claws and hooked a minnow, pushing this fish behind her as well.
"Minnows are cool. Easier to catch then almost anything else, that's for sure. And as you said, bite sized. Though trout are delicious, you certainly can't say the same thing about them." She laughed slightly, even though it wasn't much of a joke.

OOC: Sorry for shortness, I'm in a hurry

Back to top Go down
RainyHeart
Former Staff
Former Staff
RainyHeart

Sagittarius Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Together as Warriors (For RainyHeart)   warriors - Together as Warriors (For RainyHeart) EmptyMon Nov 06, 2017 7:32 pm

(occ: terrible and short, srry D:)
Finchstream giggled along with her friend, nodded agreement at the right times as Nutfur spoke about the fish she liked as well. Her reminiscing of old memories swept the young she-cat's thoughts away into nostalgia for a moment, before she purred quietly. She definitely agreed with her choices; trout would probably be her third favorite after carp and minnows, but as she drew breath to reply a sudden fluttering of wings overhead caught her attention. Tufted ears swiveling around curiously, she watched as a robin landed on the ground very close by the two young warriors, too busy starting a battle with a worn to notice any danger. Catching Nutfur's eye, she flicked her tail ever so subtly, a silent question spoken through expressions. Should we catch it?

Back to top Go down
Squirrelnose

Squirrelnose

Pisces Dog

PostSubject: Re: Together as Warriors (For RainyHeart)   warriors - Together as Warriors (For RainyHeart) EmptyTue Nov 07, 2017 8:17 am

Nutfur would have ignored the sound of the the bird's flight if it weren't for Finchstream's interest in it. Following her friend's gaze, she saw the red-chested bird land, apparently trying to catch a worm. The robin was very close to them, which was kind of surprising for how cautious they usually were. She had only caught a bird once or twice before, but this opportunity seemed to perfect to miss. Looking at the warrior beside her, she realized that her companion was thinking the same thing. She nodded and flicked her tail in the bird's direction, approaching it ever so silently. Her plan was to try to pounce on it, and if she failed at that, she would chase it towards her friend. Crouching down, she did her best to move closer to the bird. Hunting on land was not her forte, especially anything other than frogs and toads. Trying to pretend she was just hunting a smaller, greener, and slimier creature, she silently crawled towards her catch, and with a leap, she pounced for it.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Together as Warriors (For RainyHeart)   warriors - Together as Warriors (For RainyHeart) Empty

Back to top Go down

Together as Warriors (For RainyHeart)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warrior Clan Cats :: Areas of the Forest :: RiverClan Territory-
Jump to: