Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Time to hunt! (closed hunting patrol)

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Middy

Middy

Characters : [R]ushingpaw
Clan/Rank : [R]-RC App
Leo Snake
Number of posts : 1958

Time to hunt! (closed hunting patrol) Empty
PostSubject: Time to hunt! (closed hunting patrol)   Time to hunt! (closed hunting patrol) EmptySun Oct 08, 2017 3:31 pm

OOC: Would you like me to teach you the hunting system entirely or do you know some of it?

Birdflight walked over to the apprentice's den, bright and early as the last time. She had a happy expression on her face. She was going to teach Toadpaw how to hunt that morning so it was going to be a good day. She entered the den once again and searched for the brown tabby pelt of the tom. "Toadpaw, get up! We're going hunting today!" the calico she-cat said. The warrior quietly stepped out and headed to the camp entrance, to wait for the tom.

Rushingpaw ║ ♀ ║ Apprentice - RiverClan[App Stats] 20 HP / 60 SP#C0D6E4

PitaPata Cat tickers
Back to top Go down
Dingorok

Dingorok

Characters : [T]oadleap | [A]shpaw | [S]toatpaw | [C]obwebkit | [P]umakit
Clan/Rank : [T]TC-young warrior | [A]RC-apprentice | [S]ShC-apprentice | [C]Loner-kit
Number of posts : 376

PostSubject: Re: Time to hunt! (closed hunting patrol)   Time to hunt! (closed hunting patrol) EmptySun Oct 08, 2017 3:44 pm

OOC: I think entirely, if you could, thanks. All I know from browsing other people's hunting threads are that people seem to post an action, and a mod rolls dice. Is the maximum number 12 like normal dice, or 10? That wasn't clear to me.

IC:
Still a new apprentice, Toadpaw still wasn't used to being so active all the time and was still worn out from his first border patrol.

Toadpaw didn't move at first, still curled up. He had heard Birdflight, but didn't feel like moving from his spot. Eventually, he thought to himself, I guess I should get up, after all. Don't want my mother to get wind of any trouble. With that small motivation, he groaned and clambered up from his spot.

Giving himself a quick swipe over, he emerged from the den and padded lazily over to where his mentor was waiting for him. Letting his pink tongue show as he yawned, he tiredly meowed, "Hi, Birdflight. I'm still pooped from the last session."

Rubbing a paw over his face, he meowed with his eyes closed, "So where are we headed?"

CLICK HERE- Romance/fighting plot looking for toms of any clans!

Time to hunt! (closed hunting patrol) Y7g3q6fuTime to hunt! (closed hunting patrol) Russian-blue-catTime to hunt! (closed hunting patrol) Shutterstock_138013388-300x300Time to hunt! (closed hunting patrol) Grey-Ragamuffin-Kitten-Sitting-Garden

Toadleap's IC: #6600ff | Ashpaw's IC: #00cc66 | Stoatpaw's IC: #cc0000 | Cobwebkit's IC: #ffcc00
Back to top Go down
Middy

Middy

Leo Snake

PostSubject: Re: Time to hunt! (closed hunting patrol)   Time to hunt! (closed hunting patrol) EmptySun Oct 08, 2017 4:19 pm

OOC: The max is 10. When you roll a 10, you have to fight against an enemy like a fox, badger, dog, racoon, hawk, owl. Alrighty, imma explain the hunting system after you post again.

IC: Birdflight chuckled when she looked upon the apprentice's sleepy face. "We're heading to a spot where I have the most luck catching prey." The she-cat padded out of the camp followed by Toadpaw.

Once they got to a well tree-surrounded area, she stopped and faced the young tom. "Alright, can you recite the types of prey that live here in Thunderclan's territory?" she asked while looking around for her example prey.

PitaPata Cat tickers
Back to top Go down
Dingorok

Dingorok

Clan/Rank : [T]TC-young warrior | [A]RC-apprentice | [S]ShC-apprentice | [C]Loner-kit

PostSubject: Re: Time to hunt! (closed hunting patrol)   Time to hunt! (closed hunting patrol) EmptySun Oct 08, 2017 4:32 pm

OOC: I see, thanks!

IC:
Opening his eyes again, the apprentice meowed, "Hey, that sounds pretty neat. Hope we get lucky, then!" Following his mentor, he lagged behind Birdflight, but was becoming more awake at the exercise.

By the time they reached their destination, Toadpaw was much more alert than he had been when he had first woken up that day.

Replying to Birdflight, he thought aloud, "Oh, yeah, that. Lemme' think... It was squirrels, rodents, birds... And sometimes lizards? Maybe rabbits?" He looked at Birdflight and waited for her answer.

Time to hunt! (closed hunting patrol) Y7g3q6fuTime to hunt! (closed hunting patrol) Russian-blue-catTime to hunt! (closed hunting patrol) Shutterstock_138013388-300x300Time to hunt! (closed hunting patrol) Grey-Ragamuffin-Kitten-Sitting-Garden

Toadleap's IC: #6600ff | Ashpaw's IC: #00cc66 | Stoatpaw's IC: #cc0000 | Cobwebkit's IC: #ffcc00
Back to top Go down
Middy

Middy

Leo Snake

PostSubject: Re: Time to hunt! (closed hunting patrol)   Time to hunt! (closed hunting patrol) EmptySun Oct 08, 2017 5:14 pm

Birdflight nodded with a smile. "Yes! I'm glad you remembered!" By the time Toadpaw had answered, Birdflight had spotted a squirrel she could teach him with. She turned to the apprentice and nodded her head. She bent down into a hunter's crouch. "Now Toadpaw, do you see that mouse? Watch what I do." the warrior whispered. She was balanced evenly on her forepaws and backpaws. She carefully moved towards the brown creature as silently as she could. She manuvered around anything that could make noise. Once the she-cat was a few lengths away from it, she pounced. The squirrel was successfuly caught. She brought it back to Toadpaw and layed it down. "Now you try. Try to stalk and catch a squirrel. Be sure to be silent and careful!"
---------------------
How to use the hunting system:
First off, you need to type your hunting scenerio in reply, which is on the top of a topic, and NOT in quick reply, which is on the bottom when you click on a topic. I suggest you pick a prey that there is plenty of in that clan. Birds, mice, and squirrels are easy to get in Thunderclan.
Here's the materials you need:
The Hunting system
That helps you see what prey there are in the five clans and how acssessible they are in each. The numbers beside each clan name under each prey category show you what numbers, when you roll the dice, you have to get.
For example, under the "Squirrels" section, there is a "Thunderclan, Riverclan, Shadowclan, ect." Beside each of the names there are numbers. For Thunderclan, there is a 1-8. That means that I have to get a 1,2,3,4,5,6,7, or 8, when I roll the dice, for me to catch the squirrel. After you type your scenerio, on the bottom of your post, before you post it, there is a small section called "Dices roll." There will be a drop down menu after the "dices roll #1." For hunting use the "Hunting dice." There is also an "Effect dice" and a "Big dice" but ignore those. Make sure for the drop down menu to now read Hunting dice. Next to the drop down there is a "Dice rolls" with a box and inside the number 1. Leave it alone. It means how many dice you want to roll. After you did that post your message and read what number you got from the dice. Refer to the Hunting System link to check all the numbers. If you caught it, edit your post to make it say that your character caught it. If you didn't, edit it to make it say that your character missed it. That's mostly what you need to know! If you need me to clarify some stuff, please ask.

PitaPata Cat tickers

Last edited by MummyMiddy on Sun Oct 08, 2017 5:18 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Characters : Mistpelt
Clan/Rank : RiverClanWarrior
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 14975

PostSubject: Re: Time to hunt! (closed hunting patrol)   Time to hunt! (closed hunting patrol) EmptySun Oct 08, 2017 5:14 pm

The member 'MummyMiddy' has done the following action : Dices roll

'Hunting Dice' : 1

Time to hunt! (closed hunting patrol) Mistpe10
Time to hunt! (closed hunting patrol) Sig2
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=xxxmuffinheadxxx
Dingorok

Dingorok

PostSubject: Re: Time to hunt! (closed hunting patrol)   Time to hunt! (closed hunting patrol) EmptySun Oct 08, 2017 5:49 pm

OOC: Ooh, interesting. Thanks a lot for the detailed rundown; I never noticed the dice option. I don't need to put an extra title when I make a hunting-specific reply, do I?

"Wow, you're good," Toadpaw exclaimed, his blue-green eyes gleaming as he watched his mentor successfully catch a squirrel. He toed the now no-longer-moving prey to make sure it was dead before getting ready for his attempt.

"Well, here goes nothing," Toadpaw said. Falling silent, he looked around in the clearing for any signs of a squirrel. Hearing a rustling, he pricked his ears and followed it to a tree nearby. Dropping down to a crouch, he began stalking towards the squirrel he had spotted, trying to be quiet. Finally, he made a leap.

OOC: Oh, unlucky; a predator! I guess I need to learn how to battle, then, too, huh?  Shocked So do we get to choose any of the predators listed in the sticky?

OOC again: I see, thanks! Making the edits now.

As Toadpaw made a leap towards the squirrel, a large gray owl unexpectedly swiped it out from under Toadpaw's watch. Stopping in his tracks, Toadpaw landed on the ground, stunned. He definitely hadn't been expecting an interrupter. Toadpaw's fur stood on end, as he was surprised by the occurrence. He watched it flap into the lowest branch of the tree in front of him, which was just a few mouse-lengths above his normal standing height. The owl quickly polished off the squirrel in a few mere gulps, and then puffed up menacingly, eyeing Toadpaw. It looked as though it were ready to fly at him and make a meal out of him, too.

"Uh...! What do I do, now, Birdflight?!" Toadpaw asked in slight panic.

Last edited by Dingorok on Sun Oct 08, 2017 6:09 pm; edited 9 times in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Pisces Dog

PostSubject: Re: Time to hunt! (closed hunting patrol)   Time to hunt! (closed hunting patrol) EmptySun Oct 08, 2017 5:49 pm

The member 'Dingorok' has done the following action : Dices roll

'Hunting Dice' : 10

Back to top Go down
Middy

Middy

Leo Snake

PostSubject: Re: Time to hunt! (closed hunting patrol)   Time to hunt! (closed hunting patrol) EmptySun Oct 08, 2017 5:54 pm

OOC: okay, when you roll a ten, you can pick an enemy. I suggest an owl because it's the easiest to start with. When you go back to edit your post, say that an owl came swooping by to try to catch your squirrel, or something like that. Don't battle it yet. I'll post again after this post and after you edit yours. Birdflight will hurt it first. I might as well start teaching you the battle system.

PitaPata Cat tickers
Back to top Go down
Middy

Middy

Leo Snake

PostSubject: Re: Time to hunt! (closed hunting patrol)   Time to hunt! (closed hunting patrol) EmptySun Oct 08, 2017 7:04 pm

Birdflight's fur bristled as she gazed upon the owl. Toadpaw was vulnerable there so the owl could easily hurt him. She tensed up as the owl swooped towards Toadpaw. No! She wasn't going to let her apprentice get hurt. She raced to them, and the owl was getting closer. When the bird got low enough, she jumped onto its back and held on. She bit and scratched the bird as hard as she could.
------------------
Birdflight used Leap-and-Hold, dealing 8 damage and using 10 sp.

Birdflight:
40/40 hp
110/120 sp

Owl:
42/50 hp
120/120 sp

Toadpaw:
20/20 hp
80/80 sp

The Owl is stunned for two turns.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Battle system 101:
The battle system is a bit harder to get but for this battle, I "highlighted" the things you need to know.
Materials needed:
The battle system
The rank system
Battle rules (for more info)
Like I said, I have made your first battle easier by giving you what you need to put. I will still explain the concept and the basic stuff but when you do a battle against an enemy cat, you'll have to switch tabs to refer to the battle system page. First things first, hp stands for health/hit points and sp stands for stamina points. Each rank (apprentice, Young warrior, leader, ect) has different amounts of each. You can see them all as well as those for loners/rogues/kittypets and non-cats in the rank system link I gave you. The rules tell you all different kinds of stuff like posting order and what happens when your cat(s) reach 0 sp/hp. Each ranks have special moves. Once you reach a higher rank, you can use the moves from previous ranks but cannot use moves from more advanced ranks. There are also clan special moves but I'll tell you that in battle training. In the Battle system link, you can see all the moves, how much sp is used, and how much damage is done. Birdflight used Leap-and-Hold, which is an apprentice move. When you use a move from a previous rank, your current rank does more damage. The sp listed for that move does not change for any rank. For Leap-and-hold, since Birdflight is a Newly appointed warrior, it does 8 damage instead of 6 which is what apprentices do for that move. Some moves have effects. Tail yank, Leap-and hold, Killing bite, and Run-and-Tackle are apprentice moves that have effects so be sure to read each one carefully. Also read the description for each one if you don't know what one does. Moves with effects cannot be done by the same person in a row. For the battle you're in now, try to use a move that has no effect since Birdflight has the owl stunned. Leap-and-hold has a stunning effect. As you can see, I had to roll the dice for it. There are a couple moves that require you to roll the dice, and it'll say that as well. Now that you know how to roll the dice, instead of the "Hunting dice," you have to use the "Effect dice." The effect dice only has 6 numbers. For leap-and-hold, if you roll a 1-3, the stunning effect lasts for only 1 turn. If you roll a 4-6, the effect lasts for 2 turns. Since you're the one to get the owl, you can have Toadpaw attack but the owl do nothing because it's stunned. When the enemy is not stunned anymore, you can have it attack and you can have Toadpaw attack in the same post. The way to set up the attacks, health, and sp is shown in the top section of this post but instead of putting Birdflight, then the owl, then Toadpaw you have to put Toadpaw first with the appropriate hp and sp.

Easy help:

All apprentice moves:
Time to hunt! (closed hunting patrol) Screen11

Damage done by each move:
Time to hunt! (closed hunting patrol) Screen12
The A stands for apprentice and K stands for kit.

Cat ranks:
Time to hunt! (closed hunting patrol) Screen13

All owl moves:
Time to hunt! (closed hunting patrol) Screen14

Damage done by move:
Time to hunt! (closed hunting patrol) Screen17

Owl hp and sp:
Time to hunt! (closed hunting patrol) Screen16

PitaPata Cat tickers

Last edited by MummyMiddy on Sun Oct 08, 2017 7:17 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Pisces Dog

PostSubject: Re: Time to hunt! (closed hunting patrol)   Time to hunt! (closed hunting patrol) EmptySun Oct 08, 2017 7:04 pm

The member 'MummyMiddy' has done the following action : Dices roll

'Effect Dice' : 5

Back to top Go down
Dingorok

Dingorok

PostSubject: Re: Time to hunt! (closed hunting patrol)   Time to hunt! (closed hunting patrol) EmptySun Oct 08, 2017 7:55 pm

OOC: Thanks for all of the information, as well as the links! Very useful! Big Grin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
---IC---
Watching his mentor take down the owl, Toadpaw gained courage and decided to do something too. Running towards the pinned owl, he attacked the owl wherever he could reach with his outstretched claws.

---Summary---
Toadpaw used Front Paw Strike, dealing 6 damage and using 10 sp.

The owl is stunned this turn and takes 6 damage. The owl has one remaining stunned turn.

---Stats---
Toadpaw:
20/20 hp
70/80 sp

Birdflight:
40/40 hp
110/120 sp

Owl:
36/50 hp
120/120 sp

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
OOC: Is the medicine cat/ apprentice the only way to heal from HP injuries?

Does SP automatically heal after a battle?

Also, death is only with the dying cat's RPer's permission, right? So reaching 0 is just normally a K.O. or surrender situation, right?

For the rule about stun moves not being allowed to be used twice in a row, does that mean, for example, since Birdflight used a stun move, she has to post a non-stun move before using another stun move? But does that mean Toadpaw can use a stun move directly after Birdflight used a stun move? I didn't use a stun move for Toadpaw this turn since I wasn't sure about this rule.

Back to top Go down
Middy

Middy

Leo Snake

PostSubject: Re: Time to hunt! (closed hunting patrol)   Time to hunt! (closed hunting patrol) EmptySun Oct 08, 2017 9:04 pm

OOC: Sp is regenerated automatically after a battle. You can make a seperate topic at the camp just for healing. After a cat reaches 0 hp/sp, they can run away, get knocked out, or die with permission. For a stun move, you CAN use it after the effects of the current one is gone. The owl was stunned for two turns meaning you have to post twice before the effects are off. I cannot use that move until a few posts after. You can also have the owl fly away when its hp is below half or you can kill it with killing bite when its at least 10 hp and bring it back for freshkill ;).

IC: Birdflight smirked when her apprentice jumped in. She began to rake her claws on the pinned owl's belly. She made sure to open some large wounds.
---------------------
Birdflight used Belly Rake, dealing 9 damage and using 10 sp.

Birdflight:
40/40
100/120

Owl:
27/50
120/120

Toadpaw:
20/20
70/80

Owl is stunned for one turn.

PitaPata Cat tickers
Back to top Go down
Dingorok

Dingorok

PostSubject: Re: Time to hunt! (closed hunting patrol)   Time to hunt! (closed hunting patrol) EmptyTue Oct 10, 2017 1:34 am

OOC: Thanks for the clarification! I think I'd like us to bring in the owl for fresh-kill, since it doesn't have too much HP left.
Just to be clear, no one involved in the battle can use a stun move while a stun is in effect? Or just the player who has used the stun move?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
---IC---
Toadpaw copied his mentor, clawing the still pinned owl's belly, too. Crying out from the pain, the large owl began struggling to free itself. Toadpaw sensed that it wouldn't be too long before the owl broke loose. He called out, "Birdflight, I think it's trying to get free!"

---Summary---
Toadpaw used Belly Rake, dealing 7 damage and using 10 sp.

The owl is stunned for this turn and takes 7 damage. The owl has zero remaining stunned moves and will be free to attack next turn.

---Stats---
Toadpaw:
20/20 hp
60/80 sp

Birdflight:
40/40 hp
100/120 sp

Owl:
20/50 hp
120/120 sp

Back to top Go down
Middy

Middy

Leo Snake

PostSubject: Re: Time to hunt! (closed hunting patrol)   Time to hunt! (closed hunting patrol) EmptyTue Oct 10, 2017 4:01 pm

OOC: Yeah after the effects are done, another person may use the same or a different effect move. Leap-and-hold can be used by the same person as a normal attack right after rolling the dice for the first one. Since leap and hold is a move where a cat holds onto another cat or enemy, the same move can be used but that person cannot use the effects more than once. You can also use another move in place of the original damage.
EX: Since Birdflight is holding onto the owl, she can use Leap-and-hold only as a move that does 8 damage without the stun effect /dice roll done again. After the stun turn(s) are over, the person who used Leap-and-hold cannot use it until a good amount of posts after but a different person CAN use it afterwards but that move cannot be done too often. Now that the owl is free, you can have Toadpaw use an effect move or have the owl attack.
------------
Birdflight's grip loosened which let the owl get loose. As it got up wildly, she reared up on her hind legs and released a chain of slashes to the owl before coming back down.
~~~~~~~
Birdflight used Rear-up to slash, dealing 9 damage and using 10 sp.

Birdflight:
40/40
90/120

Owl:
11/50
120/120

Toadpaw:
20/20
60/80

The Owl is no longer stunned.

PitaPata Cat tickers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Time to hunt! (closed hunting patrol)   Time to hunt! (closed hunting patrol) Empty

Back to top Go down

Time to hunt! (closed hunting patrol)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next