Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place during the time before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! The latest announcements are below.
This month's activity check is currently underway, so make sure to post ;)
The stars return as the Clans defeat Lichenmask & the Exiles!
If it's the full moon and the Gathering hasn't been made yet, please tell a Staff member. Thank you!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Share | 

trials and tribulations [RC POST-GATHERING THREAD]

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Fish
Former Staff
Former Staff

Characters : they dead.
Female
Aquarius Tiger
Number of posts : 1193
Clan/Rank : former RC leader | former site moderator

PostSubject: Re: trials and tribulations [RC POST-GATHERING THREAD]   Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:31 am

Fishstar's ears perked at the sound of Frogjaw's voice, drowning out the voices of any other cats that might have been talking to her. She could only muster a pained expression as he approached her. She was beyond glad that he had not been at Fourtrees, of course. Frogjaw had endured enough hardship already in his life - he certainly hadn't needed to go through the storm of chaos that had occurred. He looked terrible, though. It was clear he hadn't been able to take care of himself lately.

Next, her eyes wandered to Swiftheart. She could feel her gut twisting as she regarded her daughter, a combination of love and regret racking her like enemy claws.. Love, because she was her kit - one of only two remaining, and her only daughter. Nothing - nothing at all - mattered more than family. She felt regret for bringing kits into such a cruel, unforgiving world in the first place, and for already beginning to accept the fact that she'd died by the paws of the Tribe and its vicious 'Mist' pet. Most of Fishstar's kits were already dead, and those who weren't had suffered immensely. She had no doubts now - she was well and truly cursed. Maybe she deserved it for all the wrongs she'd committed in her lifetime. Maybe StarClan was angry with her for cursing their name. Whatever the case, though, she hated them, and even if she could erase her sins and break said curse by groveling to them like everyone else did, she wouldn't. They were not deserving of her respect.

And now that she thought about it, not even her adopted kits had escaped unscathed.

The leader's gaze grew stony and unreadable again as Snakegaze's body was hauled into camp, his once vibrant, emerald eyes now glossy and clouded over. As she watched the scene unfold, she should have felt grief. She should have. She'd loved him and his brother Stormheart no differently than she'd loved all of her true kits, and he'd been brutally slain by the ambush at the Gathering for doing what was right. Fishstar didn't feel grief anymore, though. She'd watched so many of her kin die in front of her up to this point that she just felt.. Numb to it all. There went another loved one. Which one was next?

Then Cloudstone entered the camp. Her own medicine cat - one of her most trusted advisers - had chosen to turn against her in favour of the Tribe's dominion. Rejecting StarClan, Fishstar could understand. She held them in the lowest regards herself. Rejecting the Clan that trusted you, and loved you, and had worked in mutual support with you for moons upon moons, though? That.. That was..

"Cloudstone," she called out sharply, flat, sea-green eyes following the tom as he padded along. "Where do you think you're going?"

former riverclan leader | former moderator
PitaPata Cat tickers

Back to top Go down
Ash

Characters : Quailfeather, Gingerstripe, Snowblossom, Graybriar, Pricklepaw, Redwing. Deceased: Tansyfoot, Turtlepelt, Morning, Longwhisker, Ryestep, Poolmist, Nettletail, Halfmoon, Freckleface, Lionfur, Shimmerheart, Breezewhisker, Honeydrop, Ashstar, Brushgaze (NPC), Shellwater.
Female
Cancer Snake
Number of posts : 4237
Clan/Rank : WindClan Elder and Experienced Warrior, RiverClan Experienced Warriors, TC Medicine Cat Apprentice, SC Newly Appointed Warrior.

PostSubject: Re: trials and tribulations [RC POST-GATHERING THREAD]   Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:38 pm

Shellwater was extremely worried by her mate's reaction, combined with an unsettled fear that she may not like what he had to say. But the most overwhelming emotion that ruled her senses as she gazed into Otterleap's troubled eyes was concern. If she couldn't help the tom she loved more than anything in the world, who could? Anything he had to say, he could tell her and his remaining daughter. Splashwillow would try as hard as she would to help out the RiverClan warrior. They could pull together- could be like a family again, even without Sparkwillow and Snowpaw. "Otterleap. If you don't tell me, I can't help you. Please... I need to know. Let me help."

~Snowblossom~Redwing~Pricklepaw~Gingerstripe~Graybriar~
~RC Experienced Warrior~SC Newly Appointed Warrior~TC MCA~RC Experienced Warrior~WC Warrior~

~Quailfeather~
~WC Elder~

~ThunderClan MCA~

Back to top Go down
Pikachu
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Characters : [D] Dewpool [V] Violetshine [M] Minnowslip [B] Beekit [S] Sorrelkit
Male
Sagittarius Pig
Number of posts : 5279
Clan/Rank : Water Stone

PostSubject: Re: trials and tribulations [RC POST-GATHERING THREAD]   Fri Sep 22, 2017 4:58 am

"We... I can't do this. I loved you once Shellwater, but after awhile apart, I've seen that this isn't working. I don't love you anymore. Sometimes in that cave I wondered if I even ever loved you. That resentment I felt at you mating with Sleetfang, I wanted to let it go but it never died. I will always see you as a friend, a lover, but I can't have you as my mate anymore. I don't think this is working. Shell... I." Before Otterleap could even finish, Frogjaw was between them and uncharacteristically, he swiped a sheathed paw at the tom, shoving him onto his hindquarters. The warrior was bristling as he bared his teeth in a lopsided snarl.

"Really, Otterleap? You think now is the appropriate time to air your personal drama? And have you no respect for Shellwater? Doing this here of all places?" The warrior looked furious, all he could think of was how the two of them had worried and fretted over their missing mates, the days spent agonising over their fates. And then he returned to do this?

In protest, Otterleap meowed. "She asked! I wanted to settle this in private!"

"Enough!" Ivyfall got between the two of them, the deputy looking terrifying with her blown out pupils and usually sleek fur standing up on end. It was rare that she raised her voice like this, and the effect was an immediate silence from the two. "Even the kits are being better behaved that you two. Otterleap, head over to the medicine den to be checked up by Icepaw. You, Frogjaw, go out for a hunt, we have more mouths to feed now and if you have energy to fight, you have energy to hunt. Take a couple of warriors with you. As you, Shellwater, come with me. I want to walk our borders for safety, I don't want any rogues following our clanmates scent into our camp."

RANK&REQUIREMENTS:

Back to top Go down
http://nochudown.deviantart.com/
Ash

Characters : Quailfeather, Gingerstripe, Snowblossom, Graybriar, Pricklepaw, Redwing. Deceased: Tansyfoot, Turtlepelt, Morning, Longwhisker, Ryestep, Poolmist, Nettletail, Halfmoon, Freckleface, Lionfur, Shimmerheart, Breezewhisker, Honeydrop, Ashstar, Brushgaze (NPC), Shellwater.
Female
Cancer Snake
Number of posts : 4237
Clan/Rank : WindClan Elder and Experienced Warrior, RiverClan Experienced Warriors, TC Medicine Cat Apprentice, SC Newly Appointed Warrior.

PostSubject: Re: trials and tribulations [RC POST-GATHERING THREAD]   Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:31 am

As her mate began to speak, she leaned forwards, ears pricked, wanting to help him more than she wanted anything in the world. She wanted them to he a family again. She thought that was what he wanted, too. But she couldn't have been more wrong.

"I don't love you anymore."

At those words, Shellwater reared back as if she had been slapped. He... He... What? She could see his lips moving, could only assume that he was offering some words of explanation, but she couldn't hear him over the ringing in her ears. Those five words echoed in her stunned mind as she stared disbelievingly at the tom she loved. "I don't love you anymore. Don't love you anymore. Don't love you. I don't love you." That day by the river when he saved her life, when he told her she had his heart.... His happiness on the day they bore a litter of perfect kits.... The joy at their apprentice ceremonies, the quiet nights they shared, their dreams of retiring together- was it all a lie? All those days when he was gone, she couldn't sleep for worrying about him, desperately hoping he was alive, loving him so much she thought her heart would break, and he didn't love her back. He never had. Just like Sleetfang. She couldn't hear anything other than his words, couldn't see anything other than his eyes, couldn't breathe anything other than his scent. It was all a lie. In those few, frozen moments, her world fell apart. Her heart shattered into a million pieces. "I... You... I-"

Everything was a blur. It was all a lie. Frogjaw leapt in front of her, snarling something to him. It was all a lie. Ivyfall stepped in and spoke a few words. It was all a lie. Shellwater's orange eyes filled to the brim with hot, blinding tears. It was all a lie. A few choking, gasping words made their way to the surface, finding their way through clenched teeth to his ears.

"You should have just let me drown."

~Snowblossom~Redwing~Pricklepaw~Gingerstripe~Graybriar~
~RC Experienced Warrior~SC Newly Appointed Warrior~TC MCA~RC Experienced Warrior~WC Warrior~

~Quailfeather~
~WC Elder~

~ThunderClan MCA~

Back to top Go down
Seer
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Characters : [B] Brindlestar // [S] Splashwillow // [E] Elmcloud // [A] Adderfeather // [G] Galepaw // [D] Duskkit
Male
Libra Cat
Number of posts : 2779
Clan/Rank : [B] WindClan Leader [S] RiverClan Queen [E] SkyClan Warrior [A] RiverClan Warrior [G] RiverClan Apprentice [D] Rogue Kit

PostSubject: Re: trials and tribulations [RC POST-GATHERING THREAD]   Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:31 am

Splashwillow was  forced to watch Otterleap and Shellwater's momentary happiness fall into a somewhat heated dispute mere heartbeats after they were reunited. Stepping back slightly, she was resigned to simply watch her parents exchange somewhat remorseful words with a terrible feeling deep within her belly. What was happening? Why were they acting like this? Nervously shuffling her feet in the earth, she felt her ears fall flat against her skull at she listened to Otterleap's 'I don't love you anymore', feeling like a petulant kit forced to watch their parents argue. However, it was her father's next words that truly made her stomach roil. Her mother did...what? The thought of her mother being with someone else made her truly feel sick, but she didn't have much time to dwell on it before Frogjaw came barreling into the argument.

"Stay out of this." Splashwillow hissed at Frogjaw, horrified at the tom's behavior. This matter didn't even concern him and yet here he was, desperately nosing his way into her family's issues, and hitting her father. She could feel her skin heat beneath her fur in outrage- outrage at the fact that Shellwater was ever only capable of crying, at the fact that her parents were more concerned with making a scene than anything else. They didn't even think to bring up Sparkwillow or Snowpaw before doing this! "Just because you think you're cozy with my mother doesn't mean you have a right to intervene in my family's problems!" The young calico couldn't help but snap, scorn practically dripping from her words.

After Ivyfall's interruption to the unfolding drama, Splashwillow threw a disbelieving and sulky glare at Shellwater and Frogjaw before whipping around and stalking away, heading towards the Medicine Cat's den to wait for Otterleap.

Living  |  Deceased
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: trials and tribulations [RC POST-GATHERING THREAD]   

Back to top Go down

trials and tribulations [RC POST-GATHERING THREAD]
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warrior Clan Cats :: Areas of the Forest :: RiverClan Camp-
Jump to: