Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

A Sparkling Blizzard [Closed Battle Training]

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Inky Pawprints

Inky Pawprints

Characters : Stormkit ♀
Clan/Rank : WindClan / Kit
Leo Pig
Number of posts : 2307

A Sparkling Blizzard [Closed Battle Training] Empty
PostSubject: A Sparkling Blizzard [Closed Battle Training]   A Sparkling Blizzard [Closed Battle Training] EmptyWed Aug 16, 2017 6:55 pm

Blizzardstar padded calmly through the slowly healing forest. While part of her was overjoyed to see the green grass under her paws instead of the blacks, greys and whites of the ashes and soot that the fire that destroyed ThunderClan’s territory left behind, part of her was worried. This looked like the starts of newleaf, but they were already in Greenleaf and Leaf-fall was getting closer, what would happen if the ruthless cold of Leafbare arrived before enough prey returned to the territory? She couldn’t allow her clan to starve or show weakness and tempt the other clans to attack them.

She shook her head to get rid of those dark thoughts, after all, there was something else that she should be prioritizing at the current time. With her smile returning to her muzzle, she stopped on a clearing and turned around to face Sparkpaw “Its time for us to start your training so you can become a warrior, are you ready?”.

[10HP || 30SP]
Back to top Go down
Abby

Abby

Characters : Halfpaw(SkyC), Sparkpaw (TC), Splitkit (WC), Robinkit (WC)
Clan/Rank : Half: Skyclan/apprentice Spark: Thunderclan/apprentice Split: Windclan/kit Robin: Windclan/kit
Scorpio Snake
Number of posts : 127

PostSubject: Re: A Sparkling Blizzard [Closed Battle Training]   A Sparkling Blizzard [Closed Battle Training] EmptyWed Aug 16, 2017 7:42 pm

Sparkpaw still couldn't believe that he was walking out into the forest with the leader. He listened carefully to her, and nodded when she finished. He hesitated to speak for a moment though, and when he did, he said, "Yes... I'm ready. But..." He thought for a moment then spoke again. "Why did you pick me?" He paused again. "Hardly anyone likes me, I've got average skills, and, well, doesn't  a leader deserve to have a great apprentice? Because I- I'm just not."
Back to top Go down
Inky Pawprints

Inky Pawprints

Leo Pig

PostSubject: Re: A Sparkling Blizzard [Closed Battle Training]   A Sparkling Blizzard [Closed Battle Training] EmptyWed Aug 16, 2017 9:00 pm

Blizzardstar looked at the apprentice and tilted her head. They didn’t even start training and he already have questions? That was a first for the leader. However, as soon as the insecure words left his muzzle to reach the white leader’s experienced ears her confused glance turned into a sympathetic one with a kind, almost motherly smile “Do you think I was any better when I was your age, Sparkpaw?” She softly asked, walking towards him and sitting at his side with her long fluffy tail around him on a comforting way “My origins are in no way better than yours, and for a long time I found myself alone and doubting if my place was really in ThunderClan. However I still found my path, and proved those who once doubted me and whispered behind my back wrong” Her meows were soft and slow, the story behind her life was far from happy on most parts and she had experienced many kinds of pains and fears first hand, but she decided to make it short for Sparkpaw, not wanting to overwhelm him with the darkness the world they lived in held.

“As a leader I seek no greatness for myself, I care not for power or glory. What I seek and care for are those lost in the dark unstable path I once walked too, help them to find their way too so they can become the great warriors they are destined to be. You are one of them, Sparkpaw” She gently placed her muzzle on his head comfortingly, understanding completely the insecurities that assaulted the younger tom and hoping she would be able to turn them into the tools he would need to achieve his dreams.

[10HP || 30SP]
Back to top Go down
Abby

Abby

Clan/Rank : Half: Skyclan/apprentice Spark: Thunderclan/apprentice Split: Windclan/kit Robin: Windclan/kit
Scorpio Snake

PostSubject: Re: A Sparkling Blizzard [Closed Battle Training]   A Sparkling Blizzard [Closed Battle Training] EmptyWed Aug 16, 2017 9:55 pm

Sparkpaw looked up to Blizzardstar gratefully. Her careful meow didn't quite hide the pain of her past, whatever it was. Sparkpaw was releived; she hadn't picked him because she expected him to be an amazing warrior right away, but because she understood how... average he felt. And she was going to teach him. And train him. And make him powerful, strong enough to lead a family, to lead a clan. Being a leader wasn't his dream, but his training would teach him the skills needed to be one. Not just fighting and hunting, but also how to comfort and talk to his clanmates, how to plan and analyze. He looked up into Blizzardstars eyes. He said firmly, "So what do we start with?"
Back to top Go down
Inky Pawprints

Inky Pawprints

Leo Pig

PostSubject: Re: A Sparkling Blizzard [Closed Battle Training]   A Sparkling Blizzard [Closed Battle Training] EmptySat Aug 19, 2017 4:53 pm

OOC: Sorry for the huge delay, busy days and homework are a thing @.@

Blizzardstar smiled, glad to hear a confidence in the apprentice’s voice that she could swear wasn’t there before. She stood up and got in front of the younger cat, but not without giving a quick glance at the sky and the territory around them. Not too much time had passed by, so they should still be golden to have some training before it started to get dark, and since she couldn’t see nor scent anyone nearby she could tell that they wouldn’t be interrupted for the time being “We’ll start with the basics of fighting. As an apprentice you’ll learn that fighting is not just a way for cats to show who is stronger or a way to defeat another clan during a war. It’s also the way we have to protect ourselves and those we love, the territory our clan has, our honor and beliefs. While I always have thought that peaceful discussions and negotiations is a way better solution than claws, there are times where sadly words are not enough. Just keep in mind that a true warrior never needs to kill to wing a fight, and even at times, forgiving the life of your enemy is a test of courage and humility way greater than it was to face them on the very first place” With those words she got in position, eyes locked on her apprentice “Are you ready?”.

[10HP || 30SP]
Back to top Go down
Abby

Abby

Scorpio Snake

PostSubject: Re: A Sparkling Blizzard [Closed Battle Training]   A Sparkling Blizzard [Closed Battle Training] EmptySat Aug 19, 2017 6:35 pm

OOC: No it's ok :) That's totally understandable

Sparkpaw listened intently, carefully noting every point Blizzardstar made. As his mentor spoke to him, he puffed his chest out with his newly bolstered spirits. "I'm ready," he meowed, clumsily dropping into a stance that slightly resembled his mentor's. More to himself than to Blizzardstar, he repeated quietly, "I'm  ready."
Back to top Go down
Inky Pawprints

Inky Pawprints

Leo Pig

PostSubject: Re: A Sparkling Blizzard [Closed Battle Training]   A Sparkling Blizzard [Closed Battle Training] EmptySat Aug 19, 2017 6:45 pm

OOC: I’ll go Out of Character for a bit to explain this to you, if you have questions or get confused, just ask. I'll be as detailed as I can:

The battle system is what you’ll use in any serious battle here. In the rank system (Link to Rank System) you’ll see that each rank has an HP number and an SP number:

-HP stands for “Hit Points”, or, in other words, your cat’s “life”. Now, if your HP hits “0” you won’t die, you simply get KO’ed, what means that a medicine cat can’t heal you and you can’t battle anymore. You can see how much damage each move does depending on your rank below the SP cost and effect Move Chart.
-SP stands for “Stamina Points”, now, the battle system (Link to Battle System) consists on many moves, some general for all the cats, others exclusive for each clan. Each move has a certain cost of SP, and if your SP hits “0” your cat is considered to be too tired to keep fighting anymore.

There are two kind of moves: The regular moves, that have no effect, and the special moves, in which you can find certain restrictions or effects where you have to roll a dice (You can find this option under the post area when making a regular post, so if you need to roll a dice you can’t just use the quick reply system) and, depending on the dice, it is how long the effect lasts. You can see which effect each move has, if any, and the numbers that you need to get from the dice roll so it lasts a certain time. Remember to read the rules above the moves as well.

Let’s try a regular move first, to see if you grasp that. Then we can try a dice-roll move so you see how it is done. I'll also use italics on the battle system I use to let you know what is each thing. This is only a “Battle System Training”, so the HP and SP refill themselves after each turn, given that Blizzardstar isn’t trying to hurt her apprentice and vice-versa. This won’t happen on a real fight though, so keep that in mind.

Also, worth mentioning: After taking damage or wasting stamina in any thread you can't just walk it off, you NEED a thread with a medicine cat to get your cat healed up. However, if you want your cat to be healed or actually stay wounded for the next thread for whatever reason, like character development or a plot, you’re free to do so. Also, you can chose to run away or faint when your HP or SP hit “0”, it isn’t mandatory for you to just lose consciousness. BTW, every post is considered to be one turn during a battle.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“I’ll show you a basic move right now, just so you get the idea” With that Blizzardstar used the most basic move on her arsenal, being careful to keep her claws sheathed to not harm the apprentice.

Blizzardstar used Front Paw Blow on Sparkpaw, dealing 15 damage and using 5 stamina <~ (You must state which cat uses which move, and who are they attacking. After that you must first state the damage dealt and then the stamina taken away through the use of said move)

Sparkpaw: <~ (The opponent/s usually go on top)
5/20 <~ (Opponent’s remaining HP Vs. Original HP, you must subtract the points of damage dealt on the left side)
80/80 <~ (Opponent’s SP, you can’t modify this)

Blizzardstar: <~ (Your attacking cat usually goes on the bottom)
120/120 <~ (Your HP, you can’t modify this)
295/300 <~ (Your remaining SP Vs. Original SP, you must subtract the SP used on the left side)

[10HP || 30SP]
Back to top Go down
Abby

Abby

Scorpio Snake

PostSubject: Re: A Sparkling Blizzard [Closed Battle Training]   A Sparkling Blizzard [Closed Battle Training] EmptySat Aug 19, 2017 8:46 pm

OOC: Ok cool, I think I understand everything

Sparkpaw staggered slightly as Blizzardstar struck the light blow to his head. It didn't really hurt, but it knocked him off balance. "Ok. Wow." He lifted his own paw and copied her move, keeping his claws sheathed and his strike light. "Like this?"

Sparkpaw used Front Paw Blow on Blizzardstar, dealing 15 damage and using 5 stamina

Blizzardstar:
105/120 HP
300/300 SP

Sparkpaw:
20/20 HP
75/80 SP
Back to top Go down
Inky Pawprints

Inky Pawprints

Leo Pig

PostSubject: Re: A Sparkling Blizzard [Closed Battle Training]   A Sparkling Blizzard [Closed Battle Training] EmptySun Aug 20, 2017 12:16 am

OOC: Careful!!!! You used Blizzardstar's leader rank damage, not Sparkpaw's apprentice rank damage during the attack. To see how much damage your attack makes according to your rank just check the battle system

Okay, now comes a more tricky part, though fairly simple once you get used to it: The dice roll attacks. These attacks are in the special attack rank, but what differences them from the rest special attacks is that the effects these can inflict on the opponent vary depending on the number the dice gives to you, you can check the effects on the Battle System as well. Here are the steps you need to follow to use them:

-Click the “Preview” button instead of the “Send” one after typing your post
-Right under the post box you'll see the "Dices Roll" one. In the Blank box, pick "Effect Dice"
-Click "Send"

You'll see that there will be an automatic generated post right after yours, there you'll see the number you got from the dice roll. Compare it with the Battle System table and you'll get the number of turns that the opponent will be under such effects. When a cat is under the effects of one of these moves they can't attack until the number of turns is up, meaning that if they are stunned for one turn, they must post but can't do anything to harm your cat or any other cat during that post (Remember: 1 Post = 1 Turn). Keep in mind that moves that leave a cat defenseless like this one can't be used in succession, this is to avoid stunning a cat over and over again, winning the fight because you didn't allowed them to hit back.

Since this isn't a real battle the effects from the dice get nullified, meaning that you're allowed to attack on your next turn regardless of what I may get in the Dices Roll.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Blizzardstar let out a pleased chuckle when the apprentice hit her, clearly approving of the apprentice’s advance and happy with how fast she absorbed the knowledge she had to offer “You're doing really well!” With that, she quickly got on an offensive position, ready to continue the training “Now I’ll teach you a more complicated attack, don’t worry, I won’t harm you” With that, Blizzardstar used her strong legs to spring onto the apprentice’s back, careful to keep her claws sheathed even if it caused her to not have a stable hold. She preferred to fall off because of that than scratch him, even if in the end it didn’t happened and she successfully pinned him to the ground.

“With this attack you’ll be able to keep attacking and not receive damage for as long as you keep the cat pinned down, it’s a bit tricky to use and you can get tired easily struggling to keep the opponent pinned down, but it can give you a guaranteed win if you know when and how to use it” After those words she got off Sparkpaw’s back, freeing him from her grasp and getting on a defensive position so the apprentice could try the move as well.

Blizzardstar used Leap-and-hold on Sparkpaw, dealing 15 damage and using 10 stamina. Sparkpaw is pinned down for 2 turns <~ (The number of turns your opponent is affected must be edited in at the end of this phrase after you get the dice roll numbers. In this case I got a 4, what means that in a real battle your cat would be pinned down for 2 turns)

Sparkpaw:
5/20
80/80

Blizzardshine:
100/100
270/280

[10HP || 30SP]

Last edited by Ink on Sun Aug 20, 2017 12:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Characters : Mistpelt
Clan/Rank : RiverClanWarrior
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 14974

PostSubject: Re: A Sparkling Blizzard [Closed Battle Training]   A Sparkling Blizzard [Closed Battle Training] EmptySun Aug 20, 2017 12:16 am

The member 'Ink' has done the following action : Dices roll

'Effect Dice' : 4

A Sparkling Blizzard [Closed Battle Training] Mistpe10
A Sparkling Blizzard [Closed Battle Training] Sig2
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=xxxmuffinheadxxx
Abby

Abby

Scorpio Snake

PostSubject: Re: A Sparkling Blizzard [Closed Battle Training]   A Sparkling Blizzard [Closed Battle Training] EmptySun Aug 20, 2017 10:36 pm

Sparkpaw's heart leapt with the leader's praise. Maybe he would do well at this! He waited as Blizzardstar explained, and his untrained legs collapsed with an "oof" when the much larger cat leapt on his back. He tried to listen while she spoke, still on him, but he was distracted by the heavy paws digging into his back. There weren't any claws, but they were still very irritating, and he couldn't help but let out a small sigh of relief when she stepped off of him. He scrambled up and tried to remember the offensive position Blizzardstar had just done a few moments ago. He locked his eyes on her back and leapt, but Blizzardstar was tall. Eyes widened, paws scrambled, legs tangled, and Sparkpaw's chin hit his mentor's shoulder blade painfully as he slid off of her back. He landed on his side, his eyes squeezed shut. That hurt.

Slowly, he stood up, shook his head. He lifted his paw and rubbed his aching chin. Looking intently at his paws, he mumbled, "Sorry..." His head raised and his eyes looked into Blizzardstar's eyes as he said with a firmer, but still wary tone, "I guess I'll try try again then." As soon as he said this, his gaze left the leaders eyes and reluctantly moved back to where he was planning to jump. After a moment of careful focused studying, he leapt on her back and shakily gained balance, successfully pinning her. Sparkpaw let out a quiet hiss of "Yesssssss!" before he stepped off of his mentor. He waited for her to get up, glowing with the new triumph.

Sparkpaw used Leap-and-Hold on Blizzardstar, dealing 6 damage and using 10 stamina, pinning Blizzardstar down for 1 turn.

Blizzardstar:
94/100
280/280

Sparkpaw:
20/20
70/80

Last edited by Abby on Sun Aug 20, 2017 10:42 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Characters : Mistpelt
Clan/Rank : RiverClanWarrior
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 14974

PostSubject: Re: A Sparkling Blizzard [Closed Battle Training]   A Sparkling Blizzard [Closed Battle Training] EmptySun Aug 20, 2017 10:36 pm

The member 'Abby' has done the following action : Dices roll

'Effect Dice' : 3
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=xxxmuffinheadxxx
Inky Pawprints

Inky Pawprints

Leo Pig

PostSubject: Re: A Sparkling Blizzard [Closed Battle Training]   A Sparkling Blizzard [Closed Battle Training] EmptyWed Aug 23, 2017 10:02 pm

Blizzardstar smiled as her apprentice managed to successfully perform the move. She put no resistance to make things as easy as possible to him, but was fully aware that later on she would need to be way more serious if she wanted the younger cat to have a chance against other cats and even predators if unlucky in one of her hunting trips or patrols. She had seen too many cats around her age perish between the jaws of a fox or a dog, she was going to make sure Sparkpaw was not between them.

She kepts showing the apprentice some moves and helping him with his defensive and offensive positions, revealing some of the secrets she had acquired through the experience earned through many real battles in her past in hopes Sparkpaw would be able to use them in the future to secure himself a victory or two against those he ever had to face on a battlefield.

It wasn’t until the forest started to slowly get darker that she decided that it was time to return to camp. Even after learning the basics, she wasn't really confident on him facing the dangers that night could bring with it just yet.

[10HP || 30SP]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Sparkling Blizzard [Closed Battle Training]   A Sparkling Blizzard [Closed Battle Training] Empty

Back to top Go down

A Sparkling Blizzard [Closed Battle Training]
Page 1 of 1