Characters : Mistpelt
Number of posts : 8595
Age : 25
Clan/Rank : RiverClanWarrior
|Subject: Main Site Rules Wed Jun 04, 2008 11:31 pm|| |
Basic Site Rules
These are the basic rules to the site. To put it another way, it's similar to a code of conduct that our users must adhere to. Please follow these rules, and you won't have any troubles.
1. Be kind to other members.
Even if you can't tolerate them at all, you don't need to say anything. It's better to just say nothing than to say something mean or hurtful.
2. No swearing.
You don't know how another member may feel about it, and there are many children on the site.
3. No spamming.
It's annoying, pointless, and only wastes topic space.
4. No double posting in roleplay topics.
If you have something to say, it can be said in one post. You can always go back and edit it before another member posts. Solo topics are exempt from this. Double posts are allowed in off-topic boards and announcements.
5. Don't give out your personal information/password.
This is just common internet safety.
6. Only have one account.
One is all you need, we don't have seperate accounts for each character. If your account was deleted awhile ago for inactivity, feel free to come back. Be honest about if you had an account here before and who you were, though!
7. Only roleplay as your approved cats.
No extra characters outside the ones you've made creations for, unless they are being controlled as part of a prophecy, as dictated by an Administrator
8. If you have been away for a long time, please contact an Administrator regarding bring back any cats.
Your cat is said to have disappeared or died on the site if you were an active member that left for an extended period of time. If they were a minor character not involved in any plots, Staff
will discuss allowing them to return to roleplay; it is entirely a case-by-case.
9. Please inform your fellow RPers if you're going to be away for an extended period of time.
Please make a Member Announcement
and add something in your signature to let others know that you're away. It's only polite as we are a tight-knit community, and would be worried to see a member suddenly disappear.
10. Do not attempt to circumvent the rules.
Don't try to find or create loopholes, because it doesn't work that way. If you're knowingly breaking a rule, you're breaking a rule, no matter the technicalities.
Characters : no
Number of posts : 5539
Age : 19
Clan/Rank : Where have all the good men gone and where are all the gods~
|Subject: Re: Main Site Rules Tue Oct 08, 2019 6:56 am|| |
Role-playing can be confusing at times, especially to those who are new to it. So, these rules — well, guidelines, really — are here to make role-playing easier to understand for all. All role-playing topics are located under Areas of the Forest
; anything out of that is just member chat, essentially.Posting Rules:
- Role-play in third person. Roleplay this way because you aren't actually the cat, they're just your character.
→ Ex: (Wrong) I walked through the bushes and pounced on the mouse.
→ Ex: (Right) Mistpelt walked through the bushes and pounced on the mouse.
- All role-playing topics are in past-tense. Like the actual Warriors books.
→ Ex: (Wrong) Mistpelt walks down the Thunderpath, and she sees the intruders a couple of fox lengths away.
→ Ex: (Right) Mistpelt walked down the Thunderpath, and she saw the intruders a couple of fox lengths away.
- Please try to write with good grammar and spelling. It can be hard for others to read someone's post if it doesn't have punctuation or if all the words have typos. We understand that some members are young and new to roleplaying, however, so please just try your best!
→ Ex: (Wrong) msitpelt rann threw the bushese ot the noyse whats going on she mewed.
→ Ex: (Right) Mistpelt ran through the bushes to the noise. "What's going on?!" She mewed.
- Please don't post in old topics. Check the date on the latest post if you are unsure if it's recent. After about a month, it's considered an old topic.
- You may have up to three characters. Preferably, each character should be in a different Clan, but they don't have to be.
- You may have a fourth special slot if you have a Tier 5 Warrior or a Tier 4 Medicine cat. Any roleplayer with a Tier 5 Warrior or Tier 4 Medicine cat may have the right to use a fourth character slot. If your Tier 5 Warrior or Tier 4 Medicine cat die, you must rank a new cat up to the appropriate tier to regain the slot.
→ For staff to know you have all the conditions to have this slot, you must be posting your warrior's rank regularly in the respective Clan Ranks' threads.
→ Leaders and Deputies who continue recording their Rank Requirements during leadership may earn the 4th slot at Tier 5 as normal.
→ For more information about the ranking, look at our Rank System Topic.
- Queens and elders count towards your three main characters. They do not have special slot allowances. Elders are not allowed to reproduce in any manner. Formerly, queens and elders had special slot allowances and did not count towards your character limit; they had to be a senior warrior and have their application approved to retire. This was changed during the Newleaf Tears plot in 2019 and now they count as regular slots.
- There are no Missing Cats allowed. If you want to make a new cat and decide to have one of your existing cats go "missing", they are automatically considered dead. They are not allowed to ever return or be roleplayed in any capacity.
- All kits with a forbidden heritage must have parents that exist on WCC. We do not allow NPC Parents with complex backstories such as being a former deputy, being in a cross-clan relationship or having run away from the clan. If you wish for parents with complex backstories, you must arrange for this with a fellow roleplayer.
- Topics going at the SAME TIME do not relate to each other.
- No paradoxing. Only once a topic is finished does a cat have a memory of that topic in other topics created after the first was finished. It may sound confusing, but topics shouldn't last all that long.
- You must finish a topic with the same rank you started. If a member was, for example, a kit when posting in a topic but had their ceremony and is now an apprentice, they are still a kit in that topic, NOT an apprentice. They need to finish that topic how they started it: as a kit.
- Don't control another member's cat in topics. If they're not posting, wait. Give them time; you don't know how their life works. For all you know, they may only get two hours of time a day to go on, or they're on vacation, or they had an urgent matter to attend to, or they forgot to log off, etc., etc.
- Absolutely no Godmodding. This is when one plays a character that can never be destroyed, harmed, is avoiding impossible amounts of damage, etc. The character, however, can hurt and/or kill the other characters without giving the other characters a chance. It is also when your cat knows information that they shouldn't. Do not be a Godmodder.
- Give members a chance to post. If there are more than two members involved in a topic, give everyone a chance to say something. You never know when someone may have a really good reply. Try to follow a posting order.
- Go with the flow of the topic. Whoever started it had something in mind when they made it, so don't just have a fox come out of nowhere to attack you, or interrupt a member when they're addressing another cat. It's rude and makes the topic-starter feel bad.
- Maybe most important of all, ACT YOUR RANK. When you're a warrior, you can assume you know a lot by now, but if you haven't seen something in a topic, you don't know it. If you're a kit, act like a kit. You don't know anything! You've barely even been around! If you're an apprentice, act like an apprentice. You know some things at first, sure, but that's only what you were able to gather from living for six moons inside your camp. You need to LEARN what ShadowClan smells like. You need to LEARN what deathberries are. You need to LEARN the proper hunting position. You need to LEARN what the Thunderpath is. Please don't act like you know everything just so you can get your warrior name; it doesn't work like that, and it'll just take longer.
- All cats hoping to move/join a clan must ask the leader of that clan for permission before joining, regardless of age. Even if a warrior hopes to adopt a Rogue/Loner/Kittypet kit, they must have the permission of a Clan leader. Whether this is RPed or dealt with through PMs is up to you.
- You may not make any prophecies without an administrator's permission.
- StarClan reveals warnings and prophecies to leaders and medicine cats, though mostly medicine cats. Prophecies may only be shown to cats of lower rank with the permission of an administrator.
- Absolutely no mating scenes. This includes implying that your cats mated and force-mating. No mating whatsoever. Force-mating is not allowed to be implied either.
- All cats must wait until they are warriors to have kits. Kits and apprentices who leave a Clan must either join another Clan or utilize the rank requirements to become an official rogue before they are allowed to "age" and have kits.
- Roleplayers may not mentor their own character. This is to encourage members to interact with each other; it especially benefits newer players who could use an active, experience roleplayer to help them learn.