Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Flower Sharp as a Claw (Closed Patrol)

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
RainyHeart
Former Staff
Former Staff
RainyHeart

Characters : Former: Pansyface ♀, Leopardstar ♂, Finchstream ♀, Ryeheart ♂, Laurelsong ♀, Nightstorm ♂, Fernpetal ♀, Magpiepaw ♂, Chirp ♀, Ashflight ♂, Orchidmask ♀ Basilbloom ♀ | Current: Featherpaw ♀, Tigerkit ♂
Sagittarius Dragon
Number of posts : 3792

Flower Sharp as a Claw (Closed Patrol) Empty
PostSubject: Flower Sharp as a Claw (Closed Patrol)   Flower Sharp as a Claw (Closed Patrol) EmptyMon 31 Jul 2017 - 17:17

The longer she had to wait for her warrior ceremony, the more frustrated Laurelpaw became; Necterleap already had an apprentice and a mate, while she was still stuck in the dingy little den with all the rest of the trainees.  She was practically just as old as her friend, and that coward Stoneheart, so why was she still stuck behind?  I just need to train harder, go on more patrols...prove to Ashstar that I'm finally ready!  Her vivid eyes brightening, the lithe white-and-speckled she-cat almost bolted out of her den, gazing around excitedly for any patrol she could possibly join.  

Unfortunately for her it was nearly sunset, and most of the clan was lounging around in the clearing, enjoying the warm, quickly fading light.  Grinding her teeth, Laurelpaw stifled a growl and flicked her tail irritably.  I don't need them! I'll just go hunting on my own, I've done it plenty of times!  Brightening for a moment, she turned towards the entrance when she remembered; that was against the rules.  Wouldn't really help her cause if she got caught sneaking off, would it?  Swiping the dirt angrily, Laurelpaw sighed and admitted defeat; she would have to wait to prove herself.

Last edited by RainyHeart on Mon 31 Jul 2017 - 18:09; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Steam

Steam

Characters : [T]alonstrike(M,WC),[S]ootpaw(F,WC)[Sw]irlpaw(M,TC) [D]aypaw(M,SC)[R]ushkit(M,RC)
Clan/Rank : T{WindClan Young Warrior} S{WindClan Apprentice} Sw{ThunderClan Apprentice} D{ShadowClan kit} R{RiverClan Kit}
Cancer Dragon
Number of posts : 322

PostSubject: Re: Flower Sharp as a Claw (Closed Patrol)   Flower Sharp as a Claw (Closed Patrol) EmptyMon 31 Jul 2017 - 17:40

Talonstrike padded briskly into the WindClan camp, his muscles bulging underneath his silvery-gray pelt. The tom had gone on a walk, having nothing to do that day. Being a warrior, he now had more free time than he could imagine, and... he wasn't putting it to very good use. He often found himself lounging somewhere in the moorlands, thinking. It definitely helped; he had a lot to think about these days. Whether it was his future as a WindClan warrior, his new "niece", or her. He didn't like to think about her, but whether he liked it or not, she was always in his head. Even though he knew for a fact he definitely wasn't in hers.

The gray warrior shook the thoughts away, refusing to let himself be bothered by them now. The tom slowed his trot to a leisurely walk as he studied the state of the camp. It was normal. Cats were sharing tongues by the fresh-kill, or eating, or sleeping, or whatever. Kits played with eachother. Apprentices complained about their mentors. It was the average Greenleaf evening in WindClan. Except for the white and gray she-cat frustratingly swiping the dirt a few tree-lengths by the entrance. That wasn't as normal.

Laurelpaw
, recognized Talonstrike, cocking an eyebrow. She always seemed to be in a sour mood. He couldn't blame her. She had become an apprentice when he was a small kit, and even though he was a warrior, she was still an apprentice. It must've been humiliating. Well, thought the gray tom, might as well see what she's mad about. I've got nothing better to do.

"Hey,"
mewed Talonstrike as he approached her, "something bothering you? You look unhappy." It was straight forward and to the point; Talonstrike wasn't one to weasel-word.

Swirlpaw

Sootpaw

Rushkit

Daykit
Back to top Go down
RainyHeart
Former Staff
Former Staff
RainyHeart

Characters : Former: Pansyface ♀, Leopardstar ♂, Finchstream ♀, Ryeheart ♂, Laurelsong ♀, Nightstorm ♂, Fernpetal ♀, Magpiepaw ♂, Chirp ♀, Ashflight ♂, Orchidmask ♀ Basilbloom ♀ | Current: Featherpaw ♀, Tigerkit ♂
Sagittarius Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Flower Sharp as a Claw (Closed Patrol)   Flower Sharp as a Claw (Closed Patrol) EmptyMon 31 Jul 2017 - 18:33

Laurelpaw's ears swiveled around when a familiar voice spoke up from behind, and the surprised molly spun around to see a gray tabby tom - Talonstrike if she remembered correctly - staring at her with bright blue eyes, seemingly waiting for a reply to his direct question.  Laurelpaw couldn't help narrowing her eyes a bit; he was another of the many cats who had surpassed her on their way to warriorhood, and a small twinge of resentment wormed it's way into her chest.  I remember when he was just a crying kit bumbling around the nursery; why should he be a warrior before me?  It's so unfair!  

Lifting her chin slightly, the quick-tempered she-cat curled her lip a bit as she half-growled "What's it to you?" but quickly thought better of it.  As much as I don't like it, he's a warrior.  He can lead patrols...  Quickly her previous annoyance faded, and Laurelpaw's ears flattened a bit, embarrassment apparent in her voice as she retracted her thoughtless statement.  "Sorry...um...I'm just trying to go on some extra patrols, but none are going out right now...I guess....so...."  Casting an annoyed glare towards the relaxing clan, the thought of having to join them in their laziness almost sickened her.  I don't have time to sit around!  I need to catch up, now!

Back to top Go down
Steam

Steam

Characters : [T]alonstrike(M,WC),[S]ootpaw(F,WC)[Sw]irlpaw(M,TC) [D]aypaw(M,SC)[R]ushkit(M,RC)
Clan/Rank : T{WindClan Young Warrior} S{WindClan Apprentice} Sw{ThunderClan Apprentice} D{ShadowClan kit} R{RiverClan Kit}
Cancer Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Flower Sharp as a Claw (Closed Patrol)   Flower Sharp as a Claw (Closed Patrol) EmptyMon 31 Jul 2017 - 18:58

"Extra patrols, huh?" asked Talonstrike, raising an eyebrow. He thought for a few short moments. There's no way I'm about to actually drop my busy schedule for this she-cat. But then again, he didn't really have a schedule, much less a busy one. He sighed loudly before speaking. "You know what? Just because I'm feeling generous, I'll pretend I never heard your backtalk just now and take you on a little hunting patrol. And if you're extra good, I'll put in a good word to your mentor so you won't have to get bossed around by someone younger than you anymore." The gray warrior couldn't help but laugh at his own words. He was talking down someone moons older than him. Is this what it felt like to be a mentor?

Swirlpaw

Sootpaw

Rushkit

Daykit
Back to top Go down
RainyHeart
Former Staff
Former Staff
RainyHeart

Sagittarius Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Flower Sharp as a Claw (Closed Patrol)   Flower Sharp as a Claw (Closed Patrol) EmptyMon 31 Jul 2017 - 19:43

Laurelpaw's teeth gritted, trying to control her overwhelming annoyance; Talonstrike's condescending tone only made the bossy words he spoke more infuriating to listen too, as if every syllable was tearing a slash in her skin. How dare he speak to her that way, did he have no respect for others? Resisting the urge to claw his smug, laughing face, she managed to barely hold back; but she wouldn't let him get by without a little smugness from her side.

With an mischievous smile, Laurelpaw lifted her chin arrogantly, tilting her head a bit to the side as she spoke. "Oh, thank you so much for your great generosity o superior one! I will be sure to attend to your ever beck and call while we are out, so - StarClan forbid - you don't complain about me!" A playful glimmer in her yellowish-green gaze, it felt nice for once to parry another cat's insults. Most of her friends and family would just get offended and scold her, or even cry like that spineless, mouse-hearted, idiotic

"So, are you just going to stand there and take root, or shall we go?" With an amused smile, Laurelpaw turned and flicked her tail as she began to trot towards the camp entrance, not looking behind her to see if Talonstrike was following.

Back to top Go down
Steam

Steam

Cancer Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Flower Sharp as a Claw (Closed Patrol)   Flower Sharp as a Claw (Closed Patrol) EmptyMon 31 Jul 2017 - 20:09

Oh, thought Talonstrike, walking as she padded out of the WindClan camp, she wants to play it like that, huh? We can play it like that. "Superior one," he purred, trotting up next to her," I think I like the sound of that. But, I do hope you remember, I'm doing this for you. If I were you, I'd be grateful."No I wouldn't, thought the gray warrior, I'd want to kick my own butt. He found himself looking down on her. While she was older, he still had a couple whisker-lengths on her. There was something about her that seemed off, although it was probably just the fact that she was just as snarky and snappy as he was.

"Where should we go, Laurelpaw?"
he asked, emphasizing the paw in her name. While it may have been unwise to see how far he could push her, he was curious. What's she gonna do? thought the warrior, smirking to himself, kill me? While she seemed really feisty and sarcastic, he found himself drawn to her. It was strange, but pleasant.

Swirlpaw

Sootpaw

Rushkit

Daykit
Back to top Go down
RainyHeart
Former Staff
Former Staff
RainyHeart

Sagittarius Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Flower Sharp as a Claw (Closed Patrol)   Flower Sharp as a Claw (Closed Patrol) EmptyMon 31 Jul 2017 - 21:06

Laurelpaw glanced over when her silver tabby companion trotted up to her side, smirking haughtily at his big-headed remarks.  Feigning heartfelt appreciation for a moment, the pale-pelted she-cat widened her vivid eyes innocently as she meowed "Oh, but I am grateful!"  That facade dropped quickly though, and she undermined her words with a smug smile, eyes narrowed contemptuously.  Really though, she was quite grateful, though she would never tell him.  She really needed this extra practice, and she was surprised that he had actually agreed to take her.  She wasn't his apprentice or his friend; he was truly doing this out of some kind of generosity, and she appreciated that.  Still, he annoyed her to pieces.

"Hmm..."  After thinking for a moment, she decided on a potential place; "We could hunt around the Outlook Rock, if the superior one gives his almighty blessing."  With an amused snort, Laurelpaw turned to look in the direction of the large stone; she remembered when she had gone exploring there with Necterleap when they were both still apprentices.  It was fun; granted they both almost fell off of the boulder and could've gotten hurt, but in the end that was what made it fun!

Back to top Go down
Steam

Steam

Cancer Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Flower Sharp as a Claw (Closed Patrol)   Flower Sharp as a Claw (Closed Patrol) EmptyMon 31 Jul 2017 - 21:31

Talonstrike rolled his eyes at Laurelpaw's attempt at appreciation and gratitude and scoffed, but said nothing. She seemed to have warmed up, if only a little bit. Baby steps, thought the gray warrior, Maybe some day if I'm lucky, she'll actually mean it. At the she-cat's suggestion that they hunt at the Outlook Rock, Talonstrike winced instinctively. He had almost died there as an apprentice when his mentor, stupid old Slatethroat, had tried to "teach him how to balance" by flinging him off the damn thing.

"The superior one considers it," mused Talonstrike as he feigned a noble tone and dignified tone," but, as you probably know, there are very few rabbits that live in the area. Unless you like small, stupid mice, there are infinitely better places to hunt." And less memories of abuse, he wanted to add. His stomach rumbled, roaring for nourishment. "On second thought, we should get some food as quickly as possible. "

Swirlpaw

Sootpaw

Rushkit

Daykit
Back to top Go down
RainyHeart
Former Staff
Former Staff
RainyHeart

Sagittarius Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Flower Sharp as a Claw (Closed Patrol)   Flower Sharp as a Claw (Closed Patrol) EmptyTue 1 Aug 2017 - 22:40

Oh, yea, right.  Stupid, you should've remembered rabbits don't like that area! You're working to impress, aren't you?!  Slightly flustered for just a brief moment, Laurelpaw quickly regained her smirk as she purred.  "Ah yes, that is true.  You get this one on me this time Talonstrike, but don't get used to it.  Well not to worry; I just remembered something!  You stay here, superior one, and watch the true meaning of quick."  

She could almost laugh gleefully as all of a sudden she bolted off over a short rise, dipping behind into a shallow valley where she knew a nest of rabbits was settled near the base of a gorse bush.  It was her favorite hunting spot as it usually produced fast results, and today was no exception.  Sure enough, a rabbit was hopping around nearby, it's fluffy white tail bouncing as it's ears swiveled, intent on searching for any danger.  Eyes narrowing, Laurelpaw quickly crouched down and began to stalk it, sneaking around the back of the unsuspecting animal until she was close enough to give chase.  

With a snarl, the white and speckled molly sprinted forward, quickly cutting the now terrified animal off from the safety of it's den and chasing it out onto the moor.  It wasn't a long run though; with an extra surge of speed the lithe she-cat caught up and swiped it's legs out from under it, wasting no time as she bit down hard on it's neck.  

Head and tail high, she dragged the body of her victim, now fresh-kill, over the top of the rise and back over to Talonstike, before dropping it smugly on the ground in front of him.  Her muzzle covered in blood, she took a second to wipe it off with a paw before shooting a triumphant smirk his way.  "You're welcome."

Back to top Go down
Steam

Steam

Cancer Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Flower Sharp as a Claw (Closed Patrol)   Flower Sharp as a Claw (Closed Patrol) EmptyThu 3 Aug 2017 - 14:21

Talonstrike sat and waited patiently, humming to himself. His stomach rumbled again, much to his amusement. Quiet down, he thought, you'll scare all the prey away.The tom chuckled at the thought. The prey that doesn't exist here. I swear, if she comes back with a thrush or something, I will not be a happy camper. The tom flexed his claws, taking interest in the way the fading sunlight passed through the trees. It really is a beautiful day, he thought, Should I have really wasted it on a few patrols? Was that really the smart move? Talonstrike mentally shrugged at the questions. What else would I be doing?

The rustling of grass and the snapping of a few twigs signaled to Talonstrike's ears that Laurelpaw had returned. As he lowered his head to see her, his mouth hung agape at the rabbit in her jaws. Ah, so she found a rabbit warren somewhere around here. That's impressive. The tom smiled at her. " Great job! I didn't know what you'd come back with. Glad to see it was a rabbit." The gray tabby's stomach growled again. He sniffed the rabbit at his paws and resisted the urge to salivate on the delicious morsel. "Is that enough of a hunting patrol for you?" he asked, raising an eyebrow," Because I feel like if I don't stuff my face with entrails in the next six minutes, I'll lose it."

Swirlpaw

Sootpaw

Rushkit

Daykit
Back to top Go down
RainyHeart
Former Staff
Former Staff
RainyHeart

Sagittarius Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Flower Sharp as a Claw (Closed Patrol)   Flower Sharp as a Claw (Closed Patrol) EmptyTue 8 Aug 2017 - 14:48

Laurelpaw would never admit it, but Talonstike's impressed reaction to her catch (which she was already pretty proud of) lifted her spirits, and against her best interests a smile spread across her maw.  Not a smug smile, or even a sarcastic smile; a pure smile, fueled by joy and pride.  It didn't last long though; soon enough she seemed to switch back to 'normal', and her moor-grass colored eyes once again glittered sarcastically.  "Well geez, what did you think I would come back with?  A frog?  Eat up, we can always catch more."  She knew that it was against the rules to eat on a hunting patrol, but....they weren't really on an actual patrol!  It was just an outing, not assigned by the deputy.  It was okay then...right?  Aw no matter, from the look - and sound - of Talonstike she could guess he wouldn't hesitate too long to take up her offer.  She wanted to stay out as long as she could - more time to work on her skills the better!

Back to top Go down
Steam

Steam

Cancer Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Flower Sharp as a Claw (Closed Patrol)   Flower Sharp as a Claw (Closed Patrol) EmptyTue 8 Aug 2017 - 19:10

Talonstrike appreciated her smile at his praise; it might've been one of the first genuine emotions he got out of here. It went away quickly though, but Talonstrike was okay with that. That little flash was enough to raise his chest a little. The gray tabby even let her sarcasm slide as he took another glance at the rabbit at his paws. 'Eat up,' she says, thought Talonstrike, does she even know what she just suggested? But then again, I'm not much better when it comes to the code. I walked out on my own vig-

A stab of hurt and regret hit Talonstrike deep in his stomach as the awful night came back to him. He dropped his cheerful and relaxed expression, but only for a short moment. He was able to regain it quickly, his mental shield back up. Never again, he told himself, I'm never thinking of that night ever again.

Talonstrike picked up the rabbit. " I guess I shall," he mewed quickly, before starting to eat," Don't wait for me. Feel free to keep hunting or whatever."

Swirlpaw

Sootpaw

Rushkit

Daykit
Back to top Go down
RainyHeart
Former Staff
Former Staff
RainyHeart

Sagittarius Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Flower Sharp as a Claw (Closed Patrol)   Flower Sharp as a Claw (Closed Patrol) EmptyWed 9 Aug 2017 - 14:25

Laurelpaw's eyes narrowed for a moment, noticing his brief lapse of emotion, but it was so quick and he was back to normal so soon, that she just shrugged it off. Probaly just a memory....not that I would care anyway. It's not my job to comfort all the hurt souls of the world; that's Necterleap's place. With a casual smile, she nodded as she watched him tuck into her catch before dashing off to go hunt. Nose in the air, it didn't take her long to come across another scent; this one though had feathers. A lapwing was pecking the ground a few fox-lengths away, and Laurelpaw quickly crouched down, eyes staring intensely at the creature before she charged out, making a impressive leap into the air as it tried to fly away, trapping it between her front paws. With a sharp nip to the neck, it was dead, and her nose was already up to search for more.

Back to top Go down
Steam

Steam

Cancer Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Flower Sharp as a Claw (Closed Patrol)   Flower Sharp as a Claw (Closed Patrol) EmptyFri 11 Aug 2017 - 14:28

Talonstrike quickly devoured his meal, as he always did. He was precise with his chewing and swallowing, determined to be as quick as possible. As he finished up, his mind wandered to Laurelpaw. It's so weird how she's still an apprentice, he thought, if I were her, having Slatethroat as my mentor for so many moons, I'd be pretty mad too. Nectarleap is around the same age as her, and he already has a mate and an apprentice. That's so unfair.

The gray tabby, his meal finished, buried the carcass under a thick layer of dirt. He got to a trot, following Laurelpaw's scent. He was going to approach her when he realized she was probably catching something. Don't want to scare the prey away, thought Talonstrike, stopping in his tracks and stooping low, StarClan knows she'll give me a word or two if I do. He began to creep forward, slowing more and more as she began to appear within his line of sight. She seemed to have already caught a lapwing, he noted, that was fast.

He thought of speaking up, but decided not to. Instead, he sank even deeper into the grass, watching her with interest.

Swirlpaw

Sootpaw

Rushkit

Daykit
Back to top Go down
RainyHeart
Former Staff
Former Staff
RainyHeart

Sagittarius Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Flower Sharp as a Claw (Closed Patrol)   Flower Sharp as a Claw (Closed Patrol) EmptyMon 21 Aug 2017 - 10:33

(occ: this is sooo late I'm really sorry Dx)

Laurelpaw remained completely oblivious to Talonstrike's neaby presence in the tall grass; she had already latched on to another drifting scent, and began trotting swiftly along an old rabbit trail towards her next quarry.  Yellowish-green eyes narrowed and ears pricked forward, in that moment it felt as if there was only her and the prey; nothing else mattered.  Finally she managed to catch sight of her next catch and quickly crouched down behind a squat gorse bush; a large hare was hopping along just ahead, it's long ears swiveling around frantically as if sniffed the ground in it's search for food.  Sinking her claws into the loose soil at her paws, the white and speckled she-cat waited patiently, her eyes narrowed to slits, until the animal had found something to eat, and while it was momentarily distracted took her chance!  

Leaping out from her hiding place with a fearsome snarl, she swiped at the hare's back legs to try and unbalance it, but it only staggered the creature a little bit.  It was a bit more of a chase then Laurelpaw had wanted, but finally she managed to sink her fangs into the hare's neck.  Heart beating fast, she dropped her now dead catch onto the ground and took a moment to get her breath back; she didn't usually run out of stamina this quickly, but since it was evening it seemed that her energy was finally starting to run a bit low.  While she was renewing the oxygen in her lungs she looked around to see if she could spot Talonstrike; surely that annoying tom couldn't take that long to eat the prey she had so generously caught for him?

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Flower Sharp as a Claw (Closed Patrol)   Flower Sharp as a Claw (Closed Patrol) Empty

Back to top Go down

Flower Sharp as a Claw (Closed Patrol)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next