Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Fog-enshrouded Nightscape [Closed Solo]

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Honey Badger
Former Staff
Former Staff
Honey Badger

Characters : Current: Acornstar, Badgermask, Creamsky, Duckpaw, Eveningmoon - Old: Badgerfang, Silentherb, Stormstar, Stormeye, Twistedfoot, Badgerpaw, Nightcloud, Maplestar, Honeypaw, Bearmask, Ryefur, Owlheart, Morningpaw, Creamstorm, Smokeheart, Badgerpaw, Cinderpaw, Elmpaw, Stormpaw, Larksong, Amberpelt, Lionspark, Smokestripe, Mottleheart, Storm that Lights the Clouds, Leopardpaw, Honeytongue, Foxfire, Flintshard, Hayglow, Muddyleap, Theron
Clan/Rank : [A]ThunderClan T5 Leader [B] ShadowClan T5 Warrior [C] SkyClan T5 Warrior [D] RiverClan Apprentice [E] WindClan T2 Warrior
Gemini Buffalo
Number of posts : 7359

Fog-enshrouded Nightscape [Closed Solo] Empty
PostSubject: Fog-enshrouded Nightscape [Closed Solo]   Fog-enshrouded Nightscape [Closed Solo] EmptyMon 3 Jul 2017 - 16:16

The forest was near quiet as a lone form slithered past the trees. Gray and white form flickered in the faint moonlight that filtered from the branches that hung over the tom, casting him in shadows. The ex-Tribe cat halted as he took in a deep breath, sparing a glance behind him in the direction of the camp he had sneaked out of. He wasn’t sure what had caused him to sneak out of the camp in the middle of the night but he was getting restless…

He gave his pelt a shake, turning his gaze onto the branches above. His ears twitched in faint annoyance, a longing to see the stars above. Even while they lived in the cave there had been an opening in the ceiling that allowed them to see the moon and stars...But here? The trees loomed over them, a small reminder of the cave but it was so much harder to see the stars…

Finally his eyes landed on a nearby tree, swallowing as he took a few steps forward. He had been given small lessons on how to climb but...He had never made it all that far up. But now...Now he had to see the stars. He crouched down, his tail lashing once before he pushed off and sprung onto the trunk. His claws dug in as he started to worm his way up, his eyes remaining fixed above him.

Don’t look down, don’t look down, don’t look down…

Slowly he climbed his way to the top of the tree, inching toward the top  until he saw a rather firm branch to his side. With careful movements, he wiggled his way onto the branch, keeping his gaze on the sky above. He had clambered up past the top of most of the trees, the sky laid bare before him as he took in a deep breath of the cold night air.

The stars gleamed above him, as he blink, struggled to make out familiar formations of stars he had learned back up in the mountain. Anything that could link him back to his old home...Finally he spotted a familiar clump, a sigh of relief escaping him. “Sun that Shines on Water?” he called out, his voice almost cracking as he uttered a name he hadn’t said in...Moons. He could almost picture her warm amber eyes, her glimmering golden pelt…

“Can you hear me?” There was no response, how could there be? She was dead...He had witness her death moons before they even left the mountain but yet he held onto hope. Hope that she could hear him. But they had traveled so far away… “I’m sorry,” he sighed as he dug his claws into the branch he was on, settling down as he kept his gaze on the stars above.

“I’m sorry that we left but…You saw how horrible things had become up here. Cats were going hunting and never returning…Prey was scarce with how cold it was and we were starving. I-I didn’t want to leave where we buried you but there wasn’t a choice. I vowed to protect everybody after you died...To make sure nobody died like you did.”

He paused, a soft wind brushing past his pelt. Finally he sighed as he pushed himself onto his paws, growing ridge as the branch shook under the movement but quickly grew ridge once again. “I...I hope you are watching us, Sun. I hope you are proud of our choices.” He turned and moved toward the trunk of the tree, carefully hooking his claws onto it before he inched his way downwards.

Finally, his paws hit the ground and he unhooked himself from the tree. He spared one last glance at the branches that once again hide the stars, turning and making his way toward the SkyClan camp once more. He only made a few steps when the silence was stopped by a cracking sound, halting him as his ears perked. He turned his gaze downwards at what he had stepped on…

Ice.

He took a small step backwards, his gaze narrowing with confusion. That...That wasn’t suppose to be there. It was the Time of Freed Water - not the Time of Frozen Water. There...There shouldn’t be ice. But then he shivered, suddenly becoming aware of how cold everything had become, even seeing his breath curling around his muzzle as he let out a shocked gasp at it all.

He spun, glancing around only to see the forest cut off around him, a wave of fog filtering into the clearing around him. He blinked, before he let out a sigh and felt himself relax despite how cold it all was. He recognized this mist - it was the same thing that had saved the SkyClan camp from the fire. He felt a comfort in its presence, certain that it meant him no harm.

“Sun? D-Did you hear me call out for you?” he asked the mist as it curled around his paws, finding himself shivering at it touch. There was no response as the mist almost seemed to grow thicker around him. His ears fell flat, his eyes narrowing with uncertainty until he saw something in the mist. Two points of yellow stared back him - certain that it was eyes.

He felt a disappointment rise in his chest, realizing that it wasn’t Sun before him. “Who are you?” he asked, but found himself having trouble hearing his own voice past the the thick, freezing mist. The yellow gaze remained locked with him as the fog almost pulsed around him, lunging forward before receding as if it couldn’t make up its mind.  The air grew colder and colder, Storm shivering as his legs start to grow weak as he took a step back.

Finally, the mist started to recede for good as the yellow eyes narrowed. The sound of ice cracked around him as the temperature started to rise once more. But beneath it all, the sound of the ice was a voice. A whisper in the breeze that he barely made out. “Deal…” It was almost a hiss, causing the warrior to blink as the mist that surrounded him faded from view altogether and the forest fell once more into silence.

The Cave-guard lowered his gaze to the ice that surrounded him, forming almost a perfect circle around him - failing to touch him. He shivered, but the warmth of the Time of Freed Water started to make it self known again - even if it wasn’t as great as it would have been in the day. The tom took a small step forward, planting one of his paws onto the ice as it cracked easily under his weight.

“...This forest is strange,” he sighed as he turned and headed back to the SkyClan camp.

Fog-enshrouded Nightscape [Closed Solo] ABC-Gang-Acornstar-2
Acornstar ~ Badgermask ~ Creamsky ~ Duckpaw ~ Eveningmoon
TC T5 Leader (80 HP - 170 SP) ~ SC T5 Warrior (70 HP - 160 SP) ~ SkC T5 Warrior (70 HP - 160 SP) ~ RC Apprentice (20 HP - 60 SP)~ WC T2 Warrior (35 HP - 70 SP*)
Rosybrown (Forest)/Sandybrown (Feral) ~ Indigo ~ Tan ~ Olive ~ Icyblue
*Disadvantage Stats
Back to top Go down

Fog-enshrouded Nightscape [Closed Solo]
Page 1 of 1