Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Nobody tells me what I can and can't do! (For Jenn45)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Squirrelnose

Squirrelnose

Characters : (P)Petalpaw (B)Barkkit (S)Sunkit
Clan/Rank : ShadowClan
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 3341

Nobody tells me what I can and can't do! (For Jenn45) Empty
PostSubject: Nobody tells me what I can and can't do! (For Jenn45)   Nobody tells me what I can and can't do! (For Jenn45) EmptySun 2 Jul 2017 - 15:08

Shrewpaw padded out of ThunderClan camp, not really knowing where he was going. Camp seemed too cramped, for the fire had seemed to have collapsed it. With that though the dark brown apprentice couldn't help but sigh. If everyone had kept a level head and did what they were told instead of freaking out, camp would have been long fixed by now. After all, the fire had been a whole moon ago. But unfortunately his clanmates didn't listen to him, and now he had to get out of the cramped, collapsed, remains of what should feel like home. He wandered aimlessly around, until a stench filled his nose. Had he gotten to the RiverClan border already? It was only less than half a moon ago that they were forced to live on that clan's territory, and he was enjoying being back off of it.
A dark, quick, movement in the river caught his eye, and Shrewpaw padded forward, curious. It was a fish, and there were more of them. That was RiverClan's food supply, and it sparked the young tom's attention. His thoughts shifted to Reedpaw, and their hunting competition. How cool would it be to catch a fish in that? That must count for extra points, and it would impress his competitor. The scent of fish was stronger than the scent of water, and as disgusting as it was, it was what made Shrewpaw get even more excited about hunting one. His mind was made up. He was going to catch a fish better than any other ThunderClan cat.
He crouched and crept towards the water, breath silent and step light. It was really more like how to catch a mouse or rabbit than a fish, but the young apprentice didn't know that. All he knew was what he had been taught, and that was the be crouch then pounce on your prey. And Shrewpaw was intent on doing that and catching a fish. He was so focused on his mission that he didn't scent the air, and was even unable to detect the scent of his brother coming towards him.

Nobody tells me what I can and can't do! (For Jenn45) Signat10
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Nobody tells me what I can and can't do! (For Jenn45)   Nobody tells me what I can and can't do! (For Jenn45) EmptySat 29 Jul 2017 - 16:24

"Shrewpaw!" Peatkit screamed. "What are you doing?"

Peatkit was shocked to see his brother crouched at the river's edge, apparently about to dive right into the smelly water that was rushing by at such terrifying speeds. What was Shrewpaw thinking? Peatpaw was so scared, his words flowed out with the power of pure panic, with no sign of his usual hesitancy. "Shrewpaw! Shrewpaw! Get away from there! It's dangerous!"
Back to top Go down
Squirrelnose

Squirrelnose

Pisces Dog

PostSubject: Re: Nobody tells me what I can and can't do! (For Jenn45)   Nobody tells me what I can and can't do! (For Jenn45) EmptySun 30 Jul 2017 - 5:28

Shrewpaw turned around irritably at Peatpaw´s scream rolling his eyes. Why did his brother have to ruin this? He was finally going to do something out of the norm, and then this annoying tom he had to call a brother came and proved his was just as scared as the rest of the clan. But Shrewpaw was confident that he would be able to catch a fish, annoying litter-brother or not.
"Peatpaw, don't worry. I'm fine, I was just going to catch a fish," the dark brown apprentice explained, as if talking to a kit. "Got it? Good." Muttering something under his breath, he crouched down once again, stalking the river as if it were a mouse. He would catch a fish, and Peatpaw couldn't stop him.

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Nobody tells me what I can and can't do! (For Jenn45)   Nobody tells me what I can and can't do! (For Jenn45) EmptySun 30 Jul 2017 - 9:32

"What? You're what? But-, I - , what? Why?" Peatpaw sputtered. ThunderClan cats don't catch fish! It's just not the ThunderClan way. Moreover, ThunderClan cats also don't swim and Shrewpaw was taking a dangerous risk by getting so close to the rushing water. Peatpaw's heart began to pound in his chest as he contemplated the thought of his brother falling into the churning river.

"Shrewpaw!" he screamed again. "Don't do this! You can't do do this!" Peatpaw ran right up next to his brother, panting hard but still yelling, "Shrewpaw! You can't do this!"
Back to top Go down
Squirrelnose

Squirrelnose

Pisces Dog

PostSubject: Re: Nobody tells me what I can and can't do! (For Jenn45)   Nobody tells me what I can and can't do! (For Jenn45) EmptySun 30 Jul 2017 - 9:52

Shrewpaw blatantly ignored the first few things that Peatpaw said, not wanting to answer the questions right now. He had a mission for fishing, and that was all he was going to focus on. However, when the other apprentice ran to his side, the young tom found it harder to ignore him. His mindset for fishing was still like his mindset for hunting, so he realized a problem with what his brother was doing.
"Peatpaw, stop making so much noise or you will scare away the fish. And yes I can and will do this. Nobody tells me what I can and can't do." With that, Shrewpaw slid back into a crouch, and started stepping forward silently on his paws, perfect technique for a mouse, but trying to catch a fish. He spotted a fish, and prepared to pounce when...

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Nobody tells me what I can and can't do! (For Jenn45)   Nobody tells me what I can and can't do! (For Jenn45) EmptyTue 1 Aug 2017 - 14:27

"SHREWPAW! NO!" Peatpaw screamed. He was scarcely able to process what his brother had just said, he was so terrified for Shrewpaw's safety. "You can't catch fish!"

Peatpaw, in his agitation, leaned in towards his littermate, as though to emphasize his point. However, rather than getting Shrewpaw's attention, Peatpaw lost his own balance and began to slide down the slippery river rocks, heading right for the freezing, fast-moving water.

"Help!" he shrieked.
Back to top Go down
Squirrelnose

Squirrelnose

Pisces Dog

PostSubject: Re: Nobody tells me what I can and can't do! (For Jenn45)   Nobody tells me what I can and can't do! (For Jenn45) EmptyTue 1 Aug 2017 - 14:40

Shrewpaw just shook his head when Peatpaw screamed, and just shook his head again when his brother fell in. If he had just kept a level head and not freaked out, he wouldn't be in this predicament. Though he didn't think that the other apprentice needed saving, doing so would probably help him get his warrior name sooner. That was why, with a sigh, he dove to save his brother. However, his added weight in grabbing his scruff just sent the two tumbling into the river.
Shrewpaw´s head and body were immediately swallowed by the dark water, and the current pulled him like huge paws, but he still wasn't scared. Trying his best to ignore the cold covering his skin, the brown apprentice calmly pushed off the bottom of the river. His head bobbed out and he took a breath of air, accidentally letting go of Peatpaw´s scruff.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nobody tells me what I can and can't do! (For Jenn45)   Nobody tells me what I can and can't do! (For Jenn45) Empty

Back to top Go down

Nobody tells me what I can and can't do! (For Jenn45)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warrior Clan Cats :: Areas of the Forest :: The River-
Jump to: