Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Taking Flight - Training

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
RainyHeart
Former Staff
Former Staff
RainyHeart

Characters : Former: Pansyface ♀, Leopardstar ♂, Finchstream ♀, Ryeheart ♂, Laurelsong ♀, Nightstorm ♂, Fernpetal ♀, Magpiepaw ♂, Chirp ♀, Ashflight ♂, Orchidmask ♀ Basilbloom ♀ | Current: Featherpaw ♀, Tigerkit ♂
Sagittarius Dragon
Number of posts : 3811

Taking Flight - Training Empty
PostSubject: Taking Flight - Training   Taking Flight - Training EmptyFri 21 Apr 2017 - 21:19

Leopardclaw pushed his way into the apprentice's den and began to pick his way carefully towards the nest that contained the cat he was looking for. For a few days now it had been Blazingpaw, who was sleeping a few nests away, that he had been waking up but this morning it was another tom the spotted warrior needed. Nudging Hawkpaw's still shoulder, Leopardclaw bent down and growled in a low tone; "Training" before backing out of the den. Sitting down outside, he began to chomp down on a small leftover mouse while he waited for his newest apprentice.

Back to top Go down
Jughead

Jughead

Characters : Falconpaw(Rowan), Hawkswoop(Diesel) Morningfog, Bat,Lightningstrike,Glass,Pepper, Webtail, Harepaw, Robinflight, Pinepaw, Clearkit
Cancer Horse
Number of posts : 2907

PostSubject: Re: Taking Flight - Training   Taking Flight - Training EmptyFri 21 Apr 2017 - 21:47

Hawkpaw lifted his head quickly at the growl, a sense of familiarity with it. Bear would have yowled it with the group if it was him. Or he'd expect him to do his own training. The apprentice got up without protest, slipping past the sleeping apprentices and giving his pelt a good shake to wake himself. He drank from a puddle, stretched and then seated himself next to him mentor. He'd take in all the training he could, he certainly needed more.

#LEAFYALSOSINNED-Bun

Don't be afraid to PM me if you want me in your plot, I'll most likely say yes!

Things to look for:

Look closely at Pepper's text color, it changes to a lighter color as her plot progresses!

Any topic that affects a cross between Bat and Pepper will have something to do with fire.

Morningfog will occasionally have a topic that relates to mornings. These may or may not be important. It's mostly just for fun.
Back to top Go down
RainyHeart
Former Staff
Former Staff
RainyHeart

Characters : Former: Pansyface ♀, Leopardstar ♂, Finchstream ♀, Ryeheart ♂, Laurelsong ♀, Nightstorm ♂, Fernpetal ♀, Magpiepaw ♂, Chirp ♀, Ashflight ♂, Orchidmask ♀ Basilbloom ♀ | Current: Featherpaw ♀, Tigerkit ♂
Sagittarius Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Taking Flight - Training   Taking Flight - Training EmptySat 22 Apr 2017 - 22:28

Leopardclaw nodded approvingly when his apprentice emerged from the dark den, and while the tom went through his short morning routine the golden tom began to plan the day in his mind. We could either do a tour, or jump right to training......hmm...why not let him decide? Turning to look down at Hawkpaw, Leopardclaw meowed gruffly; "We could either take a look around the territory, or jump right into hunting and battle training; which would you prefer?" Unlike his other apprentice, Hawkpaw seemed to display more independence, and has a much more serious temperament. Thus, Leopardclaw decided that it would probably be best to let him have a say in the training, to give him a bit of freedom. Besides, the young apprentice wasn't an open book like Blazingpaw; he could tell there was more to him that met the eye, much like him when he was younger.

Back to top Go down
Jughead

Jughead

Characters : Falconpaw(Rowan), Hawkswoop(Diesel) Morningfog, Bat,Lightningstrike,Glass,Pepper, Webtail, Harepaw, Robinflight, Pinepaw, Clearkit
Cancer Horse

PostSubject: Re: Taking Flight - Training   Taking Flight - Training EmptyFri 28 Apr 2017 - 12:30

Flicking his tail around for a moment, "I can probably help out more if we just get straight into training. I'll see the territory eventually when I go on patrols." He decided with a nod. Hawkpaw matched Leopardclaw's gruffness with his own but couldn't hide a tinge of excitement to get going. He always wanted to learn new things even if he no longer got the much wanted approval from Bear.

#LEAFYALSOSINNED-Bun

Things to look for:

Look closely at Pepper's text color, it changes to a lighter color as her plot progresses!

Any topic that affects a cross between Bat and Pepper will have something to do with fire.

Morningfog will occasionally have a topic that relates to mornings. These may or may not be important. It's mostly just for fun.
Back to top Go down
RainyHeart
Former Staff
Former Staff
RainyHeart

Sagittarius Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Taking Flight - Training   Taking Flight - Training EmptyFri 28 Apr 2017 - 17:32

Leopardclaw nodded, his lip curling in a slight approving smile. "Excellent, let's go." Turning, the quick golden tabby dashed out of the camp entrance, going at a fast but manageable pace so that the younger tom could keep up. Taking the lead towards the sandy training hollow, Leopardclaw couldn't help but feel a twinge of excitement; this was still only his second apprentice and the thought of bringing up a young cat for service in the clan still held much elation. Skidding to a halt at their destination, his wide paws spraying sand as he slowed, Leopardclaw sat down and waited for Hawkpaw to join him.

Back to top Go down
Jughead

Jughead

Cancer Horse

PostSubject: Re: Taking Flight - Training   Taking Flight - Training EmptyTue 6 Jun 2017 - 14:17

Hawkpaw followed, eyes scanning every last leave harshly, intending to burn the memory in his brain. This was where he'd be, he'd live here until he needed to leave. Or, until he died. His paws hit sand and sank just slightly in it. It would be a pain to groom out but, he could simply lay in the shallows of the river for a bit to get most of it out, getting dry was the real problem.. "What's the plan, Leopardclaw?" He asked, looking at the tall ferns that surrounded the sandy patch.

#LEAFYALSOSINNED-Bun

Things to look for:

Back to top Go down
RainyHeart
Former Staff
Former Staff
RainyHeart

Sagittarius Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Taking Flight - Training   Taking Flight - Training EmptyTue 6 Jun 2017 - 20:16

Leopardclaw turned to face his apprentice, long tail flicking calmly. Digging his claws into the soft sand, the large warrior braced himself as he meowed; "Attack me. Claws sheathed, I want to see what you already know and build off of that. I assume Bear showed you and his other recruits some moves already, so I don't want to bore you with the basics." Deep down, Leopardclaw felt as if he was about to hurl as he spoke in.....vaguely positive terms about that rouge scum who had kidnapped his mate, but he felt like it was something he needed to acknowledge. Hawkpaw was an intelligent, mature young cat, and if nurtured and treated with respect he fully believed that he could become a valuable asset to ThunderClan. If any of Bear's toxic influence remained and festered in his mind though, he could easily become a threat instead. He wanted to show the young cat that, once and for all, the Clans were far more powerful and honorable than any rouge could ever be.

Back to top Go down
Jughead

Jughead

Cancer Horse

PostSubject: Re: Taking Flight - Training   Taking Flight - Training EmptyThu 8 Jun 2017 - 14:55

The twitch in his face as he held back an eye roll was obvious. Sheathed.. "Why not use claws, I'll listen but, it.. its so strange. I have to warn you, Bear rounded the kits together to fight until the other couldn't fight back, the winner was promoted. Not much technique went into it." he meowed. The tom thought about what he should do. Then, he scowled, Bear did have him fight but.. Not like this. He went through his memories, he didn't know what to do yet. Then he stopped thinking, he ran forward and reared up on his hind legs, bringing his large paws down on the older cat's head. When the momentum dropped him down, he shoved his shoulder sideways into his mentor's throat and chest, a stunning move that would hopefully knock him down. Through Bear's logic, he needed to expose his opponents stomach or throat, easily take them out or, keep that threat in their brain. He knew the way the dead loner thought, not anything in between. His moves were all his, use broad shoulders, large paws, and thick fur. The fur made it hard to see his actual form, it made him bigger too. He had his mother's form,broad face and shoulders as well as a heavy build, his father was tall and very lean with an oriental's face, long muzzle and large ears.

#LEAFYALSOSINNED-Bun

Things to look for:

Back to top Go down
RainyHeart
Former Staff
Former Staff
RainyHeart

Sagittarius Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Taking Flight - Training   Taking Flight - Training EmptyWed 14 Jun 2017 - 15:27

Leopardclaw was prepared for Hawkpaw's onslaught attack, so even though the apprentice's maneuvers connected and succeeded in pushing him to the ground, the golden spotted tom was able to jump right back to his paws and launch a counter attack. Though his apprentice was a strong, bulky tom his fighting skills still left a lot to be desired, undeveloped in precise technique. Sure, brute force could work well alone as could speed and stealth, but a mix of all three would produce the best fighting a clan cat could master. Crouching down, Leopardclaw jumped forward and aimed a few blows with sheathed claws at Hawkpaw's face, before turning and whipping around to the back of the young tom, with unique speed. Grabbing the brown tom's tail between his jaws, he tugged sharply and sent Hawkpaw tumbling to the ground. Placing a paw on his shoulder, the warrior stared sternly down at the young cat as he spoke; "Maybe that's why Bear lost the battle. Power alone without technique is more of a weakness than a strength."

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Taking Flight - Training   Taking Flight - Training Empty

Back to top Go down

Taking Flight - Training
Page 1 of 1