Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Don't laugh

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Sunlit
Former Staff
Former Staff
Sunlit

Characters : [C] - Cloudroar | [F] - Frostwing | [La] - Lakewhisper
Clan/Rank : [C] - SkyClan Senior Warrior Tom. [F] - SkyClan Young Warrior She. [La] - RiverClan Experienced Warrior Tom.
Cancer Dragon
Number of posts : 1658

Don't laugh Empty
PostSubject: Don't laugh   Don't laugh EmptyFri 21 Apr 2017 - 19:42

So yes I know this is god awful and a disgrace to art and I've been debating whether to post this or not, but I guess I'm doing it lol. So this was my first ever literal attempt at drawing a cat. (just ignore its right leg idek what happened) This site has so many great artists and so my point in posting this is to ask for tips. What are some tips you could give me about drawing cats (or just drawing in general) that you wish you knew in the beginning?? Thanks for the tips and don't laugh at my awful drawing, I'm still learning cx

Brace yourself:

My Characters
Post here if you need me!
Don't laugh Sign_s13
Don't laugh Rq_11_10
Back to top Go down
Drippy

Drippy

Characters : Living: Sunpaw. Dead: so many
Clan/Rank : TC Apprentice
Sagittarius Monkey
Number of posts : 3843

Don't laugh Empty
PostSubject: Re: Don't laugh   Don't laugh EmptyFri 21 Apr 2017 - 19:52

Well, I know that fur generally isn't always a bunch of jagged lines going in the same direction. Cat fur has a bunch of different lengths and it doesn't have to go in the same direction. Some places where you can spice things up with different fur lengths/directions are near or around the shoulders, the chest and belly or the tail.
Also, don't draw cat faces with a pointed-out muzzle. When drawing a profile picture of a cat make sure it's face slopes steeper than that of a dog.
As for regrets?
Cats noses are triangles, not big bulgy circles on their faces. Trust me- you'll look back on those drawings and cringe every single time.

I love your drawing though- you've definitely got the body-shape down perfectly!

I'm still an amateur artist so don't take my advice too seriously  Smile  

Last edited by attak3/Frisk! on Wed 26 Apr 2017 - 18:52; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Jughead

Jughead

Characters : Falconpaw(Rowan), Hawkswoop(Diesel) Morningfog, Bat,Lightningstrike,Glass,Pepper, Webtail, Harepaw, Robinflight, Pinepaw, Clearkit
Cancer Horse
Number of posts : 2907

Don't laugh Empty
PostSubject: Re: Don't laugh   Don't laugh EmptyFri 21 Apr 2017 - 20:09

You've got the concept of it down which is great, a little more research and you'll be able to take it from there. My tips aren't really going to be on the art because there isn't really much to say on it. (NOT AN INSULT)

When you want advice/critique, say what you already know is wrong and what you know on it. That's how you get the most out of it. You already started that with asking questions and acknowledging the right leg.

As for regrets? Not really, make sure you start with realistic stuff. Learn the rules of drawing something before you break them (stylize). It will help you with a lot of struggle later on when you want to find your style or want to change it.

#LEAFYALSOSINNED-Bun

Don't be afraid to PM me if you want me in your plot, I'll most likely say yes!

Things to look for:

Look closely at Pepper's text color, it changes to a lighter color as her plot progresses!

Any topic that affects a cross between Bat and Pepper will have something to do with fire.

Morningfog will occasionally have a topic that relates to mornings. These may or may not be important. It's mostly just for fun.
Back to top Go down
Twisted Cinnamon Rolls

Twisted Cinnamon Rolls

Characters : Twistedtail (T), Pigeonstorm (P), Lightkit (L)
Clan/Rank : (T) Experienced Warrior (P) NAW
Taurus Dog
Number of posts : 1054

Don't laugh Empty
PostSubject: Re: Don't laugh   Don't laugh EmptySat 22 Apr 2017 - 6:23

It is extremely good for a first try. You got most of the basic forms down and you could become great at drawing cats with just a little more practice. What I recommend is to look at photos of cats and try to copy the basic forms of the cats.

Don't laugh Cat_wa10
For example, try copying how this cat's form looks.

I also recommend you look at this amazing cat drawing tutorial that I used if you want to draw them realistically

If someone knows the remedy to this curse, please send help.
Don't laugh Mountains-gif
I like clouds.
~Twistedtail||Littlepaw|Pigeonstorm||Yinpaw||An ~
Back to top Go down
Sunlit
Former Staff
Former Staff
Sunlit

Clan/Rank : [C] - SkyClan Senior Warrior Tom. [F] - SkyClan Young Warrior She. [La] - RiverClan Experienced Warrior Tom.
Cancer Dragon

Don't laugh Empty
PostSubject: Re: Don't laugh   Don't laugh EmptySat 22 Apr 2017 - 15:51

Wow guys thank you so much.

Drawing fur was kinda a "*shrug* i hope this is right" kind of thing (thats why i didn't even draw it on the pic above lmao), so thanks for the insight on how to approach it attack3!

Also thanks for advice/critique tips Derek because i never know how to go about all that cx And yeah I looked up a beginner kind of thing to draw a cat's form realistically, which is what i used for my drawing lol I never even thought about looking up the rules and stuff for drawing, so thanks for that too! <3

And Maple, thanks so much! i really tried (even if you cant tell lol) I appreciate the compliments c: Thanks for the link, i will definitley check it out and use it! Also thanks for the picture. I think that's going to help a lot as something of a reference!

Y'all are so nice and i appreciate all you guys' tips and advice <33 I might post my updates on how my learning is going periodically, but i'm not sure yet.

My Characters
Don't laugh Sign_s13
Don't laugh Rq_11_10
Back to top Go down
Jughead

Jughead

Characters : Falconpaw(Rowan), Hawkswoop(Diesel) Morningfog, Bat,Lightningstrike,Glass,Pepper, Webtail, Harepaw, Robinflight, Pinepaw, Clearkit
Cancer Horse
Number of posts : 2907

Don't laugh Empty
PostSubject: Re: Don't laugh   Don't laugh EmptySat 22 Apr 2017 - 16:05

No prob bub but, the 'rules' part was a figure of speech. Proportions of a real person could be considered a 'rule' when drawn in a style like Adventure time for example, the eyes are proportionate to the face but there is no nose. The arms move in a nonrealistic way and are just noodles. That's breaking a rule for style which is perfectly fine if you know what you're doing.

#LEAFYALSOSINNED-Bun

Don't be afraid to PM me if you want me in your plot, I'll most likely say yes!

Things to look for:

Look closely at Pepper's text color, it changes to a lighter color as her plot progresses!

Any topic that affects a cross between Bat and Pepper will have something to do with fire.

Morningfog will occasionally have a topic that relates to mornings. These may or may not be important. It's mostly just for fun.
Back to top Go down
Sunlit
Former Staff
Former Staff
Sunlit

Cancer Dragon

Don't laugh Empty
PostSubject: Re: Don't laugh   Don't laugh EmptyWed 26 Apr 2017 - 18:36

Ooh okay hahah sorry yeah I'm still working on my style, which I think is leaning towards more realistic portrayals of what I draw

My Characters
Don't laugh Sign_s13
Don't laugh Rq_11_10
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Don't laugh Empty
PostSubject: Re: Don't laugh   Don't laugh Empty

Back to top Go down

Don't laugh
Page 1 of 1