Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Welcome to Project Aubade [RP]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Echo

Echo

Gemini Dragon
Number of posts : 2606

Welcome to Project Aubade [RP] Empty
PostSubject: Welcome to Project Aubade [RP]   Welcome to Project Aubade [RP] EmptySat 25 Mar 2017 - 20:55

00 · INTRO
The year is 2047. The population has continued to rise beyond United Nations estimates. As metropolitan growth and human demand has slowly crippled the Earth and its natural beauty, people are growing more-and-more convinced that humanity will not see the next few generations. They are afraid that their grandchildren will never see the world's beauty and natural wonder.

Kenko Shimoda is a billionaire tech mogul who inherited his father's company, Shimodatech, a wildly-successful electronic producer from Japan. His company completed a project, a realistic virtual reality world that implants the user into the landscape: Project Aubade. The user can feel the wind on their skin, the touch of a fellow user, and most importantly, can see before them worlds of constructed beauty. Waterfalls, forests, canyons—anything can be created using the Project Aubade engine.

In a secret presentation to the United Nations, Shimoda revealed his project, marketing it as a way to make real what many feared would be gone forever. He declared it New Eden, a replacement for Earth! One could go about their smoggy, city live in the crowded streets of the real world, and then relax and take a break in grassy plains! The United Nations ate it up, and Shimoda received a standing ovation.

He gave a catch, however. The project was far from reaching its fullest potentials in development and testing, and he asked for funding and freedom to do what he wished with the project without interference. When asked what he meant by this, he stayed firm with his ultimatum: Let him do what he wants without investigation, and the world would gain access to something unseen.

The United Nations' vote was close, but they approved sponsorship of the project, and Kenko Shimoda's plans had been executed.

Months later, a mass amount of disappearances were reported around the world. Dozens of children and teenagers would be abducted in a variety of circumstances. Many of these were from conventions, from gaming booths or secret rooms where beta testing would be promised. Other cases were less subtle; some were taken right off the streets, just minutes after parting from friends.

You suddenly wake up in the square of a town, by a fountain. The sky is blue and large, shimmering with a strange glow. A closer look reveals polygons, a strange prismatic makeup of the dome above you. The buildings around you strange and antiquated.

Around you, dozens of people lay.

The laughter of a man, the accent Japanese, is coming from somewhere unknown.

Is it...the sky?

Welcome to Ratman's Cage.

Welcome to Project Aubade.

----

▸ a site created by Jay, Wild, and Echo
▸ inspired by Sword Art Online, the Tales of series, Legend of Zelda, and JRPGs
▸ pick from a total of 5 base classes and explore a massive, constantly-evolving world with five levels

「 coming · S O O N

❝ Until the day his wings heal and he's able to fly... I will protect him. ❞
Back to top Go down
Echo

Echo

Gemini Dragon
Number of posts : 2606

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Project Aubade [RP]   Welcome to Project Aubade [RP] EmptyThu 30 Mar 2017 - 13:30

POPULAR COMPANY 'SHIMODATECH' FOLDS AFTER 26 YEARS OF BUSINESS
Lev Benioff - March 30, 2047

It only seemed destined to get greater. Kenko Shimoda, owner of ShimodaTech and son of founder Touma Shimoda, announced in a press conference today that the prospering company would be shut down, effective immediately. This stunned the tech world, which worshiped the company as the most productive in the business. Superfan Yoshi Takamura, who attended the press conference in Tokyo, Japan, stated: "This is one of the saddest days of my life. I cannot stop weeping. It is like losing a brother." The news came just days after ShimodaTech patented a state-of-the-art auto-translator, which upon its release, would allow users to talk in different languages fluidly from speaking their native tongue.

Do not fret, however. The second half of the press conference revealed Mister Shimoda's reasoning behind the closure of his longstanding company. The tech mogul told reporters that he planned to enter research, to distribute less and focus on advancement rather than sales. He announced the advent of his new company, MoTHER, an acronym standing for "The Multinational of Technology, Humanities, [and] Electronic Research."

Shimoda plans to open stock soon, and establish laboratories all across the world, with a headquarters planned in Reykjavik, Iceland, a move expected to greatly impact the small nation's economy. He told reporters, "I love the country and its beautiful environment. I would not want to look out my window every morning and see anything but. I love Japan, but traveling and experiencing [the rest of the] world is my passion." The Prime Minister of the Iceland expressed elation towards the news, and it is expected that the multi-billionaire will be welcomed to the capital city with an honorary parade.

Despite distress and outrage towards the closing of ShimodaTech, the former company's CEO assured the press that the change in direction was a good thing. "We are saying goodbye to one day of our lives, and singing in the morning of a new day, a new project. I only expect MoTHER to bring joy and innovation to everyone. We will be offering testing opportunities for various devices to people in major cities everywhere, as early as next month."

He declined to comment further, stepping away from the podium amidst a flurry of questions and flashing cameras.

April 14

- written by Jay

❝ Until the day his wings heal and he's able to fly... I will protect him. ❞
Back to top Go down
Jay

Jay

Taurus Tiger
Number of posts : 9353

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Project Aubade [RP]   Welcome to Project Aubade [RP] EmptyWed 5 Apr 2017 - 21:01

HUMANLIKE ARTIFICIAL NUCLEIC ORGANISM - PROCESSOR 2
Transcription █████, ██, 2047

FS: Important first day, huh?

KR: Yeah... I didn't know we'd be launching a new CPU today.

FS: Sorry about that, but we're glad you're on board. Here, get the prompt ready-- no, run it as administrator.

KR: Sorry...

FS: It's fine, it's fine, we all make mistakes.

|Various noises. . .|

KR: What about the first CPU?

FS: What about it?

KR: What are we going to do with it?

FS: I don't know. I'm campaigning to phase it out.

KR: Why not delete it outright?

FS: Because it's mine. I made it feel. |laughter| I guess that was my biggest mistake.

KR: Sorry.

FS: It's fine.

|Tapping on a computer. . .|

FS: You have the model up?

KR: Yeah. It's a girl.

FS: We call her Hano. She was P2 before she was ready, but I felt like she needed a better name.

KR: Why 'Hano'?

FS: It's an acronym. And I think it sounds cute.

KR: I don't disagree.

|silence|

|sporadic typing|

FS: She's...she's online, I think. Did she load in well?

KR: Yeah, she didn't clip, that's the best sign...

|long silence|

FS: Speak-- Speak into the mic, speak to it.

KR: Oh--...okay, let me...--...Welcome to Project Aubade, Hano.

|long silence|

???: Thank you.

end transcription

APRIL 14

Last edited by Jay on Thu 13 Apr 2017 - 21:04; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://projectaubade.forumotion.com/forum
Jay

Jay

Taurus Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Project Aubade [RP]   Welcome to Project Aubade [RP] EmptyThu 13 Apr 2017 - 21:02

Jay

Jay

Taurus Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Project Aubade [RP]   Welcome to Project Aubade [RP] EmptySat 29 Apr 2017 - 13:07

28 users strong! We're working on a new update that will add a lot to the site very soon! Join now!

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Project Aubade [RP]   Welcome to Project Aubade [RP] Empty

Back to top Go down

Welcome to Project Aubade [RP]
Page 1 of 1