Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Thrushstar's Elder Ceremony

Go down 
+11
Darkstripe
Reaper King
Ripped
Maple
RainyHeart
Sunlit
Seer
Ash
Ember Pheonix
Honey Badger
Shadow
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Shadow
Former Staff
Former Staff
Shadow

Characters : Bramblekit
Clan/Rank : Windclan kit
Leo Pig
Number of posts : 6644

Thrushstar's Elder Ceremony - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thrushstar's Elder Ceremony   Thrushstar's Elder Ceremony - Page 2 EmptyFri 10 Mar 2017 - 14:33

As the cats gathered with curious eyes and confused looks, the Shadowclan leader glanced around, focusing on every face. In the end, the last cat he looked at was Leopardfang who stared up at him with confidence etched in his features. It was as if the deputy could sense Thrushstar's unease and urged him on. With a deep breath, he held his head up high, trying his best to take this announcement in stride. "I know how... strange this must be to all of you, coming out here not knowing what this is about. But..." he paused for a moment, trying to figure out how to word this. Honestly, he wasn't entirely sure how to go about doing an elder ceremony for himself. He vaguely remembered Sagestar-- er, Sagewhisker-- doing it many, many moons ago but his memory was failing him. Since then, all other leaders died during their leadership. No one had retired.

"I have a very important announcement. As of tonight, I will be stepping down as your leader." He paused once more, suddenly drowned in the shock of his own statement as he spoke words he never thought would come out of his mouth. It was one thing to think about it but it was anther to speak it and it be true. "I feel that I have done... my duty as Shadowclan leader, and in my old age, I cannot do what I used to. I am no longer fit... to be leader, and I also believe that Leopardfang finally needs to move up and take the position he... rightfully deserves." Deep breaths. At this point, he could barely look up to meet the eyes of his clan. For some reason, he felt weak and vulnerable speaking out like this. Hopefully this wouldn't be a normal occurrence. "I take on my warrior name again. From now on, I will be known as Thrushstripe, and tonight, Leopardfang will take on his new name and lead this clan in my place."

When he was finally done, the new Thrushstripe finally gained the courage to look around at the faces that gathered, looking at each cat with a grim look that quickly feigned nostalgia mixed with happiness. This was it. He glanced at Leopardfang one more time before the new elder leaped off of the rock one last time, ready to start his life in the elder's den.

Swiftclaw had padded out of the warrior's den with a yawn just before Thrushstar began to speak. At first, he wasn't quite paying attention but as soon as he mentioned retirement, the young tom's eyes shot up, his ears perked at the sudden news. He listened intently on what the old leader had to say in awkward silence before it fell quiet again and the new elder leaped down. As the old tom began to pad away from both the rock and his old den, Swiftclaw wasn't sure how to react.
Back to top Go down
Ripped
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Ripped

Characters : Auburnflare; Littlesplash; Heatherfrost; Crabpaw | Copper was here <3 Rom 2 c:
Clan/Rank : Tier 2 Warrior - Thunderclan [A]; Tier 2 Medicine Cat - Riverclan [L]; Apprentice - Windclan [H]; Apprentice - Shadowclan [C]
Cancer Buffalo
Number of posts : 6668

PostSubject: Re: Thrushstar's Elder Ceremony   Thrushstar's Elder Ceremony - Page 2 EmptyFri 10 Mar 2017 - 14:57

Flamestrike looked up at the former leader. A bit of shock ran through him as he realized what was happening. It would feel weird to no longer have Thrushstripe leading the clan, but Leopardfang would make a good replacement. Memories of growing up, looking up to the old leader flashed through the flame orange tom's mind. Thrushstripe had allowed him into the clan. He had done Flamestrike's apprentice and warrior ceremonies, despite openly voicing his disdain for non-clan cats. Even though they had their differences, Flamestrike looked up to and respected him.

"Thank you for leading this clan, Thrushstripe. And for everything else, " He greeted the new elder with a respectful nod as he walked past. It was easy to notice how old and tired the other cat look. Retirement would be good for him.

Thrushstar's Elder Ceremony - Page 2 Img_0310

⌘ Auburnflare // Tier 2 Warrior // Thunderclan // SteelBlue ⌘
✿ Littlesplash // Tier 2 Medicine Cat // Riverclan // MediumAquamarine ✿
⁂ Heatherfrost // Tier 1 Warrior // Windclan // MediumOrchid ⁂
✲ Crabpaw // Apprentice // Shadowclan // FireBrick ✲

☆☆☆ Ask me about my past characters for lore, or Moonstone Journeys. ☆☆☆

Back to top Go down
Ash
Former Staff
Former Staff
Ash

Characters : Living: Perchstar [P], Bubblebeam [B], Dovetail [D], Hedgepaw [H], Larchpaw [L]. Deceased/Missing: Tansyfoot, Turtlepelt, Morning, Longwhisker, Ryestep, Poolmist, Nettletail, Halfmoon, Freckleface, Lionfur, Shimmerheart, Breezewhisker, Honeydrop, Ashstar, Snowpaw, Brushgaze (NPC), Shellwater, Snowblossom, Quailfeather, Gingerstripe, Carat, Redwing, Graybriar, Pricklebush, Appledapple, Flutterpetal, Felix.
Clan/Rank : [P]: RiverClan Leader. [B]: SkyClan T3 Warrior. [D]: RiverClan T3 Warrior. [H]: ShadowClan Apprentice. [L]: WindClan Apprentice.
Cancer Snake
Number of posts : 6630

PostSubject: Re: Thrushstar's Elder Ceremony   Thrushstar's Elder Ceremony - Page 2 EmptyFri 10 Mar 2017 - 15:24

Honeydrop blinked in surprise at the announcement, but nodded her head slowly. The tom had lived a long life serving his Clan, longer even than most other leaders. He deserved a moment of rest more than any cat she knew. And Leopardfang was certainly more than qualified for the position. She knew he had been down since his mate's death. Hopefully this would help him feel a little better. "Thank you, Thrushstripe," she purred gratefully, dipping her head. It would be good to serve the tom as an elder.

⸙ Larchpaw ⸙ ~ ☆ Perchstar ☆ ~ ♡ Hedgepaw ♡ ~ ◈ Dovetail ◈ ~ ○ Bubblebeam ○
⸙ WindClan ⸙ ~ ☆ RiverClan ☆ ~ ♡ ShadowClan ♡ ~ ◈ RiverClan ◈ ~ ○ SkyClan ○
⸙ Apprentice ⸙ ~ ☆ Tier 5 Leader ☆ ~ ♡ Apprentice ♡ ~ ◈ Tier 3 Warrior ◈ ~ ○ Tier 3 Warrior ○

~~PM me here or on Discord if you want a topic with any of my cats!~~
~Wonderful Signature by Xaandiir!~
Back to top Go down
Bunny

Bunny

Characters : [V] Venompaw | [L] Lynxpaw | [E] Echokit | [B] Burntkit
Clan/Rank : [V] Shadowclan, Apprentice | [L] Shadowclan Apprentice | [E] Windclan kit | [B] Windclan Kit
Libra Snake
Number of posts : 328

PostSubject: Re: Thrushstar's Elder Ceremony   Thrushstar's Elder Ceremony - Page 2 EmptyFri 10 Mar 2017 - 16:23

Venompaw's eyes widened in shock. Thrushstar had stepped down as leader? She'd never thought that it would happen at any point in her lifetime, having only known him by his leader's name his warrior name was unfamiliar to her.

Despite the fact that she didn't know the leader well, she felt a strange pang of regret that she'd never taken the time to get to know him any better, and that all he knew of her was that she could be violent and that a hatred for rogues and cross-clan kits ran through her veins, that was all. It hurt somewhat, leaving an ache in her chest, and she hated it. So right then, she made a promise, more to herself than to anyone else. Thrushstripe wanted her to be more calm, less violent, so she would try to do so as a promise to him and to herself, to honor his memory to a certain extent.

She knew she was being overly sentimental, but at the same time felt like it was the right thing to do. After all, he wasn't dying. He was just moving into the elder's den
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Lynxpaw just stared in utter silence, before stuttering out to Ryepaw
"D-did I just hear that correctly? He's retiring!?" his tone was full of disbelief and so were his eyes, were you even allowed to do that?

Back to top Go down
Sun
Former Staff
Former Staff
Sun

Characters : Turtlefur, Goldenstar, Lynxpetal, Creekpaw, Lightningpaw
Clan/Rank : RiverClan Warrior, WindClan Leader, SkyClan Queen RiverClan Apprentice, WindClan Apprentice
Sagittarius Tiger
Number of posts : 8190

PostSubject: Re: Thrushstar's Elder Ceremony   Thrushstar's Elder Ceremony - Page 2 EmptyFri 10 Mar 2017 - 16:58

The spotted tomcat dipped his head in respect to Thrushstripe as he leaped down from the Jaggedrock. He was grateful for several different reasons. "Thank you for all you've done for this clan. May you have many moons of rest, my friend." He purred as the now-elder passed. He owed a lot to him and the deputy was going to make sure that the family was taken good care of. Leopardfang glanced around the clearing, regarding all of the members of ShadowClan. "I won't let any of you down." He said in a mumble to himself.

Mousefang's was surprised, to say the least. Retirement? His gaze shifted to his grandfather. Leopardfang was... an interesting character, to say the least. Far younger than Thrushstripe. Probably well-suited to the job, if he put up with the mental elder for so many seasons. The warrior was, overall, neither happy nor upset. His interest was simply piqued and he was curious how things would change.

Tigerflower was pleased. Her father had been deputy for seasons, and now he could have the position he had always wanted. She was dismayed that Shimmerheart wasn't there. She would have been so proud. Briefly, she wondered about Webtail. She hadn't seen him since last Gathering. How would he take their father's leadership? Was it possible for the two headstrong toms to reconcile? Most likely not, but there was still a glimmer of hope sparking in her heart.

Sun // Living Characters // Deceased Characters
Thrushstar's Elder Ceremony - Page 2 713E5771-31B2-4EA8-B75F-EC3A67DB4C32
Turtlefur || Tom || RiverClan T5 Warrior || Requirements || #cc9900
Goldenstar || She-cat || WindClan T5 Leader || Requirements || burlywood
Lynxpetal || She-cat || SkyClan Queen || darkblue
Lightningpaw || Tom || WindClan Apprentice || #dfd47e
Creekpaw || She-cat || RiverClan Apprentice || #4c5682
Back to top Go down
Seer
Former Staff
Former Staff
Seer

Characters : Kestrelpaw ♀ | Jaypaw ♂ | Hawkpaw ♂
Clan/Rank : ThunderClan Apprentice | RiverClan Apprentice | SkyClan Apprentice
Libra Cat
Number of posts : 3263

PostSubject: Re: Thrushstar's Elder Ceremony   Thrushstar's Elder Ceremony - Page 2 EmptyFri 10 Mar 2017 - 17:32

Shadewillow's ears perked with shock at Thrushstripe's words- he had spent his entire life up until that point with the crotchety old tom leading them, and to envision life without the old tom leading them felt utterly bizarre. At Lynxpaw's words, he looked over at his shell-shocked son with a hint of amusement- he probably looked no different than the young tom. "Of course he can do that," He mewed, gently cuffing Lynxpaw, "He's certainly earned the right to do so!" Shadewillow added, watching as Thrushstripe leaped down from the rock to mingle among his Clanmates- the former leader had proved over and over against how much he deserved to live out his golden years in peace. "Thank you Thrushstripe," Shadewillow chimed in as Thrushstripe slipped past, relieved that the initial surprise had worn quickly worn off so that he could enjoy the sentimental moment.

Thrushstar's Elder Ceremony - Page 2 Img_0312
current characters | semi-return from inactivity
Back to top Go down
Reaper King
Former Staff
Former Staff
Reaper King

Characters : Tiger [Ti], Owl [O], Raven [R], Hare [H]
Clan/Rank : [Ti] Windclan Leader, [O] Riverclan Warrior [R] Riverclan Warrior, [H] Skyclan Warrior
Pisces Tiger
Number of posts : 9942

PostSubject: Re: Thrushstar's Elder Ceremony   Thrushstar's Elder Ceremony - Page 2 EmptyFri 10 Mar 2017 - 17:39

Finally! Waspstep was surprised to hear that the leader was stepping down, he never expected it, but it was kind of the happiest day of his life. Finally Shadowclan would have a decent and sane leader! No more random bad choices from the leader. He knew that Leopardfang was going to be a great leader and turn Shadowclan into something amazing. Waspstep remained silent, a silent but joyous celebration going on in his head. He didn't speak up like the others to thank Thrushstripe. He didn't deserve it.

Windclan ✦ Riverclan ✦ Skyclan ✦ Riverclan
Leader (Tier 5) ✦ Tier 2 ✦ Tier 2 ✦ Tier 1

Reaper's Beans | Plotting Pages | Heartchart
Back to top Go down
Spottedpelt

Spottedpelt

Characters : [TC] Spottedkit, [WC] Quietkit, [SHC] Finchkit [RC]Orchidkit, Elmkit
Taurus Number of posts : 167

PostSubject: Re: Thrushstar's Elder Ceremony   Thrushstar's Elder Ceremony - Page 2 EmptyFri 10 Mar 2017 - 18:14

Finchpaw

Sea green eyes stared in shock. For once in his life he was rendered speechless. he blinked rapidly and shook his head. NO it can't be true. Thrushstar isn't Thrushstar anymore? The young apprentice watched the leader leap down and trotted over to him trying to regain his composure and arrogant certainty. He stopped in front of Thrushstar -er Thrushstripe and opened his mouth hois voice coming forth in a calm and confident tone. "I would be honored Thrushstripe sir, to make you a nest of great comfort. A nest that is worthy of someone in your station." He did his best to restrain the glint of mischief that typically would flash in his eyes. He did respect Thrushstripe. He respected the tom very much. That's why he pranked him and joked on him. He only joked on those he respected and liked a great deal. That didn't mean that he wasn't planning a prank for the elder right now, though he understood the gravity of the ceremony that just took place, he used his humor to cover his grief and confusion.

PM for Plotty with Spotty!
Back to top Go down
RainyHeart
Former Staff
Former Staff
RainyHeart

Characters : Former: Pansyface ♀, Leopardstar ♂, Finchstream ♀, Ryeheart ♂, Laurelsong ♀, Nightstorm ♂, Fernpetal ♀, Magpiepaw ♂, Chirp ♀, Ashflight ♂, Orchidmask ♀ Basilbloom ♀ | Current: Featherpaw ♀, Tigerkit ♂
Sagittarius Dragon
Number of posts : 3792

PostSubject: Re: Thrushstar's Elder Ceremony   Thrushstar's Elder Ceremony - Page 2 EmptySat 11 Mar 2017 - 21:39

Ryepaw sat awestruck, watching as Thrushstar - no Thrushstripe - passed by into the crowd. "Woah! I didn't know a leader could retire! I though that had to, ya know, die to get out of it." His voice held no disrespect, only curiosity and wonder. The thoughts of leadership had always intrigued the young tom, and this new development only fueled those thoughts. Bouncing to his paws, he tried to meet Thrushstripe's gaze to see his reaction. Was he sad? Relieved? Happy? The tom was too small though to see over the crowd. Looking back up at the front, he saw the deputy Leopardfang address the clan, and purred. When the golden tom had finished, Ryepaw called out excitedly; "Leopardstar!"

Back to top Go down
Boulder

Boulder

Leo Tiger
Number of posts : 690

PostSubject: Re: Thrushstar's Elder Ceremony   Thrushstar's Elder Ceremony - Page 2 EmptySat 18 Mar 2017 - 5:14

Emberpaw narrowed eyes cause she couldn´t belived what she saw and heard. Thrushstar was retiering and Leopardfang was going to be a Leopardstar! It was not so often that leader is retiring, because they were usualy killed before they grow extremely old. But Emberpaw opinion was that Thrushstripe was not so old to be retiring. He was a good leader and she knew him from her first arrival into the clan, when her mother brought her into the camp and Thrushstar allowed her to stay altough kits were half clan born.

Timberpaw -- Bramblepaw -- Finchpaw --Raggedkit-- Mousekit
SkyClan apprentice--WindClan apprentice -- ThunderClan apprentice--ShadowClan kit-- ShadowClan kit
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thrushstar's Elder Ceremony   Thrushstar's Elder Ceremony - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Thrushstar's Elder Ceremony
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2