Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

After the Ceremony (Closed)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

After the Ceremony (Closed) Empty
PostSubject: After the Ceremony (Closed)   After the Ceremony (Closed) EmptySun 26 Feb 2017 - 19:33

Wolffang sat near the camp entrance, paws scuffling the ground uncomfortably. She didn't feel much better after her warrior ceremony like she had expected to happen. There were still quite a few cats around camp that avoided her like she had whitecough. The she-cat had started trying to get out of camp as much as possible. The couple days since her ceremony were filled by keeping herself busy with hunting and some solo patrols. It was a miracle that Thrushstar wasn't sitting on her tail after the stunt she had pulled at the gathering. She was grateful for the way he had handled things, though. The Shadowclan leader had probably been the most understanding towards her, despite his initial outrage. She suspected it had something to do with guilt about how he'd handled things, but she was okay with not questioning it.

The young warrior caught sight of her former mentor and her ears pricked up hopefully. As soon as he was within ear shot, she meowed, "Patrol?" Her words were hopeful as she looked up at the older tom. He had also been disappointed with her after the gathering, but the kind warrior had always treated her well despite her origins.
Back to top Go down
Ice

Ice

Characters : Fuzzface, Curlyfluff, Sweetheart, Molehill
Clan/Rank : (F)WC/T5, (C)TC/T5, (S)TC/T2, (M)WC/T2
Libra Dragon
Number of posts : 5894

PostSubject: Re: After the Ceremony (Closed)   After the Ceremony (Closed) EmptyMon 27 Feb 2017 - 13:28

Now that most of his apprentices had been given their warrior names, Mudfoot hadn't been as busy as he usually was, and had started growing a little restless. After a quick and refreshing nap, the tom made his was out of the warrior den and into the brisk evening air. At this point in the day, the sun barely lit the evening sky, sending the clans into temporary darkness, and being a part of ShadowClan meant that they were most active at night, so he was ready to go on a patrol.

Looking around the camp, his eyes rested on Wolffang; a she-cat who'd just recently been his apprentice and although she'd caused trouble at the gathering, his feelings hadn't changed towards her.

Padding over to the younger cat, Mudfoot gave a respectful dip of his head to the newly appointed warrior. "Seeing that you're a warrior now, why not?" he purred, a smile on his muzzle as he flicked his tail towards the camp entrance, ready to get started. He assumed that her virgil was lonely and quiet, as was it for every cat, and he also knew assumed that she was itching to go on her first patrol as a warrior, so they might as well not waste any time.

Trotting out of the camp and into the quickly darkening forest, Mudfoot padded next to Wolffang and turned to look down at the younger she-cat. "So, you excited to finally be a warrior?" he asked, walking next to her as they made their way to the Thunderpath border.

gym rat    crazy poodle lady    mst

After the Ceremony (Closed) VHQrlk5
After the Ceremony (Closed) 1QYZaRo

After the Ceremony (Closed) Molex311
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: After the Ceremony (Closed)   After the Ceremony (Closed) EmptyMon 27 Feb 2017 - 17:43

As they headed out into the forest, Wolffang stuck close to Mudfoot. His warmth was welcome after being alone by herself for so long. It was also nice to be around some cat that she was comfortable with. Her claws kneaded the ground uncomfortably as he asked about her being a warrior. If it were any other cat, she would have lied. But Mudfoot had already proven himself to be trustworthy and kind. He had never judged her for anything before.

"Honestly, it's not what I expected, Mudfoot," She confessed quietly, looking at the ground as she spoke, "Everyone still looks at me like I'm different and things still feel the same. It's almost like becoming a warrior hasn't made me anymore of a Shadowclan cat."

Last edited by Ripped on Tue 28 Feb 2017 - 13:04; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ice

Ice

Libra Dragon

PostSubject: Re: After the Ceremony (Closed)   After the Ceremony (Closed) EmptyTue 28 Feb 2017 - 11:24

Listening to the she-cat and giving her his full attention, he perked his ears when she spoke about cats still not treating her like they used to. Mudfoot honestly couldn't really imagine what she was going through, seeing that he'd always been a respected member of the clan, but even so, he knew that she needed his support and that is what he was going to give her. Besides, that was his job, to take care of his clanmates, and seeing her in such a sad state to where she wasn't even excited to become a warrior made his heart sink.

"You're being too hard on yourself. I don't see cats looking at you too differently than any other clanmate, and even if they are, you know how clans can be, always protective of their blood and such," the warrior mewed softly, keeping in step with the she-cat as they approached the Thunderpath. "You just need to stay strong and show them that no matter how they act towards you, you're still a valuable member of ShadowClan who's earned her right to become a warrior, even if you made a small mistake. I mean, everyone makes mistakes, right?" he ended in a slight chuckle, listening to the hum of the nearby monsters, and silently hoping that he'd said the right thing.

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: After the Ceremony (Closed)   After the Ceremony (Closed) EmptyTue 28 Feb 2017 - 13:16

OCC: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t93u0qg5q_M all I could think after Mud's comment
Also I typed all this out and deleted it so apologies for the slightly crappy post

Wolffang kicked a few pebbles to the side in frustration as they walked. Mudfoot would never understood what it felt like to be treated like he didn't belong. The older warrior had grown up respected and as a valued member of Shadowclan. For the newly appointed warrior, however, things were very different. Mudfoot never had to deal with harsh remarks questioning his loyalty or existence. The young she-cat watched as her small, gray paws picked up smudges of mud from the marshy ground. For a while she didn't answer, lost in her own thoughts. I can't be mad at him for not being like me. Just like I cannot help being the way I am.

"Thanks, Mudfoot..." She sighed after a while. Her amber-yellow eyes trailed upwards to meet his. Despite everything, the kind warrior that had trained Wolffang had always been by her side. Even if he couldn't quite get her, she had to appreciate that about him. Mudfoot always made her feel better. Wolffang's birth and life had been filled with lots of unfortunate circumstance, but meeting this tom had not been like the rest. Even her bond with Puddlepaw had eventually grown shaky.

"I'll never get used to that," Wolffang grumbled, shrinking back into Mudfoot as the rumble of a monster caught her off guard. The young she-cat grinned up at him sheepishly as she did so. It was rare for her to look to any comfort, but if she did, it was definitely Mudfoot. But even so, that make her slightly uncomfortable and embarrassed, so she ducked her head towards the ground to avoid meeting his eyes.

Back to top Go down
Ice

Ice

Libra Dragon

PostSubject: Re: After the Ceremony (Closed)   After the Ceremony (Closed) EmptyFri 3 Mar 2017 - 9:22

Feeling her press against his side, a wave of comfort washed over the tom. Although she seemed to be troubled by her past, he couldn't help but find a sense of comfort when he was around the she-cat. Looking down to her and meeting her meek gaze, he'd never seen her looking so fragile, but then it clicked. While he wasn't a mind reader, it was evident that she also found comfort and maybe even safety when being around him, and in that moment, he made a decision that would change his future, for better... or for worse.

"Wolffang, I have something I'd like to ask you," the tom mewed with a smile, and flicked his tail back and forth in slight anxiousness. Not waiting for a response, the warrior trotted off towards the heart of the ShadowClan territory, wanted to get away from the noisy and smelly monsters. What Mudfoot was about to ask of her was somewhat out of the blue, but he couldn't hold back his feelings anymore. Besides, he didn't want to wait any longer, especially with everything going on, who knew where the two of them would be tomorrow, anything could happen.

Reaching a spot of the land that wasn't filled with trees, Mudfoot stood in the clearing and waited for Wolffang to join him. A soft breeze ruffled the marshy grass, and the usually deafening silence was admittedly peaceful. If only life could always be this way.

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: After the Ceremony (Closed)   After the Ceremony (Closed) EmptyFri 3 Mar 2017 - 12:13

Something to ask me? The oblivious, young warrior trailed behind her former mentor. Her head swam with the possibilities of what Mudfoot could want to ask. Instinctively, Wolffang's mind assumed the worst. Thoughts of the warrior asking her about her family, or the gathering darkened her mind. However, the cheerful tom's demeanor said something else. With a sigh, and a slight shake of her head, she followed. Mudfoot never ceases to amaze me with how joyful he always is. If Wolffang's personality was defined by her darkness, Mudfoot was the contrasting light. Somehow, she had grown to appreciate it.

"What is it?" She prodded, rather anxiously, after settling down across from him.
Back to top Go down
Ice

Ice

Libra Dragon

PostSubject: Re: After the Ceremony (Closed)   After the Ceremony (Closed) EmptySun 5 Mar 2017 - 15:52

Once she sat down, Mudfoot did the same and didn't let his gaze leave her's. Though seemingly tough and strong, he knew that inside she was no more than a newly named apprentice, only wanting acceptance from her clan. While she'd tried so hard to prove that she was a true ShadowClan member, it never seemed to be enough for the clan, and although he couldn't really relate to that, he still wanted to be by her side, no matter what his clanmates thought.

"Wolffang," he started and took a deep breath, having finally shuffled through his thoughts on what to say and how to say it. "Being your mentor, I've been able to grow close to you... to learn what life is like from your perspective, and our time together has honestly tought me a lot," he mewed and took a short pause before continuing. "Being with you has taught me that life isn't always perfect, and although I've had it pretty easy, there are others, like yourself, that don't really know where they belong. But I know where you belong, even if the clan says otherwise. Wolffang, though two bloodlines flow through your veins, you're still a ShadowClan cat, and always will be, and I love you, with all my heart," the tom continued, his tail twitching from slight nervousness and some excitement.

"I guess what I'm trying to say is... Wolffang, will you be my mate? No matter what hardships you're going through, I want to be there for you, to support and comfort you," the tom finished softly with a smile on his muzzle as he looked into the younger she-cat's eyes. His heart was racing and his paws were shaking as he waited for a response, and although he always tried to be optimistic about these sort of things, he couldn't help but wonder if he'd made the right choice.

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: After the Ceremony (Closed)   After the Ceremony (Closed) EmptySun 5 Mar 2017 - 16:16

The newly appointed warrior blinked in shock as Mudfoot began to speak. Being around the tom had always been so easy for her, unlike most other cats. But she had never considered taking on a mate. Wolffang had always assumed that no tom would want to put up with her for an extended period of time. Blood roared in her ears and her heart raced. What do I say? What do I do? More than anything the she-cat wanted Mudfoot by her side. But am I right for him? Does he really want this?

"Are you sure?" She blurted out after a while. It was obvious how flustered and surprised she was. Her paws scuffled the ground. For once, the warrior felt completely out of control. Maybe it's okay to let someone else in... Wolffang considered as she glanced at the handsome tom for some reassurance.
Back to top Go down
Ice

Ice

Libra Dragon

PostSubject: Re: After the Ceremony (Closed)   After the Ceremony (Closed) EmptySun 5 Mar 2017 - 16:41

Standing up from where he sat, Mudfoot took a few steps towards Wolffang. Nudging her cheek with his muzzle, a soft purr emitted from the tom's throat as he took in her sweet and familiar scent. "I'm sure," he whispered softly and took a step back. Though she seemed a bit unsure about his offer, he hoped that she would accept, and in that moment, wanted nothing more than to spend his life with her.

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: After the Ceremony (Closed)   After the Ceremony (Closed) EmptySun 5 Mar 2017 - 16:52

Her breath hitched as he moved in close. Wolffang tensed up momentarily, but quickly settled into the familiar warmth of Mudfoot's fur. Without a doubt, she wanted Mudfoot to be her mate. She wanted to spend forever with him, no matter how long that meant. Any uncertainty within melted away.

"I'd love to be your mate, Mudfoot. I'm worried that I'll let you down... but if you're sure," Wolffang let out a deep sigh and buried her muzzle into his long fur.
Back to top Go down
Ice

Ice

Libra Dragon

PostSubject: Re: After the Ceremony (Closed)   After the Ceremony (Closed) EmptySun 5 Mar 2017 - 20:10

After she spoke, Mudfoot's muscles relaxed, and now that he thought about it, he'd never been so tense before. Waiting for her reply was like sitting virgil all over again, long, cold, lonely, but once she said yes, he felt as if he'd never been happier. Continuing to purr, he let the smaller she-cat bury her head into his long fur as they enjoyed the peaceful night.

The two cats stood under the night sky, pressed against each other in the clearing for a little while, and looking up, Mudfoot knew that as much as he wanted to stay right her next to Wolffang, they needed to get back to camp. "Tonight has been an... adventure, but I think we should get back to the clan," the tom chuckled with a smile, looking down to his new mate. He couldn't wait to spend his days with her, and life couldn't have been better.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: After the Ceremony (Closed)   After the Ceremony (Closed) Empty

Back to top Go down

After the Ceremony (Closed)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warrior Clan Cats :: Areas of the Forest :: ShadowClan Territory-
Jump to: